Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 06:17 AM   #1441
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Good morning everyone - happy Thursday!

This is a casual day for me. We try and have a BBQ at work a couple of times during the summer with proceeds going to charity. Today is our first this year and the charity is the American Red Cross. We are also doing a split the pot raffle and have over $300 sold in raffle tickets so far. I had come up with an idea of bonus play so now that we are over $300 HR is throwing in a drawing for a free vacation day. If we raise over $600 a second vacation day will be drawn for. It is also deemed a casual day (jeans allowed) which is fun.

Bruce - sorry to hear it was canceled. Maybe they read you were going to grill them about the cruise.

Here's a few pictures from 2006 of our performers. It was a great performance.

PDFG and all our friends who need it
Old 06-04-2009, 06:31 AM   #1442
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Morning Everyone!

It is a cool brisk morning here. But nice.

Mary - Sounds like a great day at work. It is always nice when you can were jeans. Have a great barbacure. Hope you win a free vac day. Those are always nice.

Bruce = I agree with Mary maybe they know you were coming.
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2009, 06:33 AM   #1443
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Morning Everyone!

It is a cool brisk morning here. But nice.

Mary - Sounds like a great day at work. It is always nice when you can were jeans. Have a great barbacure. Hope you win a free vac day. Those are always nice.

Bruce = I agree with Mary maybe they know you were coming. Glad you are having a great time now. I still call it MGM to.

Chris - Your vacation is almost here. Have a safe trip and a great time. Tell Mickey I will see him soon.

Take care
flo
Old 06-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #1444
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise

September hours are now posted for those doing WDW before/after the cruise.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/sep09...sttimeout=1000
Old 06-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #1445
FaithTrustnPixieDust
Those that plant kindness gather love! Look for the Extraordinary in the Ordinary!

Hello Everyone!

Yesterday was 100 Days for the kids and I until we leave for WDW. I was texting my whole family. We all like to brag on our count downs. Right now we have the next vacation so everyone is jealous of us. Seems like there is always someone down there. My aunt just returned from a 2 week vacation.

I am getting so excited!!

Mary thanks for the update on the Sept hours. I have been waiting for them in order to update my vacation spreadsheet.

I also love the pictures. Getting me more excited. Wait until I show the kids. We have so much to do in getting ready. The FE, the FE gifts, pirate gear, AHHHHHH. And only 99 days until we leave.

We still have to get through Baseball season. If DS's team stays in top 4 then they will be in playoffs. Right now they are in 3rd. Last day of school is now 6/19 due to snow days this year and then we go to Webelos Resident Camp 6/20 - 6/24. Still have to get all the camping gear out and packed.

I also have a class this summer for my masters degree which starts in July.

I pride myself on being somewhat organized but this year I feel like things are out of control. Just too many things to keep up with.

Kids and I are doing the Relay for Life Friday night 6/5 into Saturday morning 6/6 but now they are calling for rain so I am not sure what will happen. Will have to move it inside of the school or something. Not sure. It's a shame because they do so many fun things out on the football field and around the track.

To top all of this off, turns out I had a concussion over the Memorial Day holiday. I could not believe it. I had fallen on Sunday but did not actually hit my head. I definitely thought I rattled my brain. Felt okay that day so I continued to work in the yard all day. Well, then Monday I was feeling sluggish and had a headache. By evening I was pretty nauseous. Tuesday I went to Drs and sure enough I had classic symptoms of having a concussion.

So, I was out of work for the week to rest my brain (as the dr put it) and then that Friday my grandmother passed away. I did not get much rest as you can imagine. She was going to be 93 in August so I am happy to report she lived a long and happy life.

Well I am back to work and back on the computer for limited periods of time. It took me a while to catch up on all the posts.

I saw that a couple of new people joined so WELCOME!! Sorry but I do not recall all the names at this time.

I also missed some birthdays and an anniversary recently so here are my belated BEST WISHES to you all.

Gotta run as DS has a BB game at 4:30 which is a make up for last nights rain out. Games right now are scheduled for tonight 4:30, tomorrow 6:00, Sat 1:00. Relay for Life Fri-Sat and then Sunday is our Cub Scout Pack Planning Picnic.

So, not sure when I will be back online.

Have a great weekend and hope to check back in soon.

Lisa
Old 06-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #1446
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithTrustnPixieDust View Post
Hello Everyone!

Yesterday was 100 Days for the kids and I until we leave for WDW. I was texting my whole family. We all like to brag on our count downs. Right now we have the next vacation so everyone is jealous of us. Seems like there is always someone down there. My aunt just returned from a 2 week vacation.

I am getting so excited!!

Mary thanks for the update on the Sept hours. I have been waiting for them in order to update my vacation spreadsheet.

I also love the pictures. Getting me more excited. Wait until I show the kids. We have so much to do in getting ready. The FE, the FE gifts, pirate gear, AHHHHHH. And only 99 days until we leave.

We still have to get through Baseball season. If DS's team stays in top 4 then they will be in playoffs. Right now they are in 3rd. Last day of school is now 6/19 due to snow days this year and then we go to Webelos Resident Camp 6/20 - 6/24. Still have to get all the camping gear out and packed.

I also have a class this summer for my masters degree which starts in July.

I pride myself on being somewhat organized but this year I feel like things are out of control. Just too many things to keep up with.

Kids and I are doing the Relay for Life Friday night 6/5 into Saturday morning 6/6 but now they are calling for rain so I am not sure what will happen. Will have to move it inside of the school or something. Not sure. It's a shame because they do so many fun things out on the football field and around the track.

To top all of this off, turns out I had a concussion over the Memorial Day holiday. I could not believe it. I had fallen on Sunday but did not actually hit my head. I definitely thought I rattled my brain. Felt okay that day so I continued to work in the yard all day. Well, then Monday I was feeling sluggish and had a headache. By evening I was pretty nauseous. Tuesday I went to Drs and sure enough I had classic symptoms of having a concussion.

So, I was out of work for the week to rest my brain (as the dr put it) and then that Friday my grandmother passed away. I did not get much rest as you can imagine. She was going to be 93 in August so I am happy to report she lived a long and happy life.

Well I am back to work and back on the computer for limited periods of time. It took me a while to catch up on all the posts.

I saw that a couple of new people joined so WELCOME!! Sorry but I do not recall all the names at this time.

I also missed some birthdays and an anniversary recently so here are my belated BEST WISHES to you all.

Gotta run as DS has a BB game at 4:30 which is a make up for last nights rain out. Games right now are scheduled for tonight 4:30, tomorrow 6:00, Sat 1:00. Relay for Life Fri-Sat and then Sunday is our Cub Scout Pack Planning Picnic.

So, not sure when I will be back online.

Have a great weekend and hope to check back in soon.

Lisa
Lisa,

Let me say I think you do pretty well with your schedule. You have a heck of allot going on with the kids and everything else. God Bless you with fitting school in there.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. It is never easy.

Glad you are better and it was noting to serious with the fall.

Good luck to your DS’s baseball team.

When you said it was 100 days till Disney. I decided to check on mine. It is 98 days for us. I was excited.

The time is going by so soon we will get to meet every one.

Take care
flo
Old 06-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #1447
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Hey everyone. Happy Thursday, or what's left of it.

Been so very busy this week with having company, kids, errands to run, and getting all packed for vacation. Plus I have not been sleeping. All this week I have been waking up any where between 2-4:30 am and not able to fall back asleep. This is my usual pre-vacation no sleep time. In 24 hours we will be in Florida. Gosh, I can't wait. Flo - I will tell Mickey "Hi" from you. We are excited because we have friends who live down there coming up to meet with us this weekend. We have lots of fun when we get together. WooHoo!

Not sure how much I will be checking in over the next week. We are taking the laptop with us, but we will be busy enjoying ourselves. I can't wait to get to SSR.

Have a great night and a wonderful weekend, just in case I can't check back in the morning.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:04 PM   #1448
FaithTrustnPixieDust
Those that plant kindness gather love! Look for the Extraordinary in the Ordinary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Hey everyone. Happy Thursday, or what's left of it.

Been so very busy this week with having company, kids, errands to run, and getting all packed for vacation. Plus I have not been sleeping. All this week I have been waking up any where between 2-4:30 am and not able to fall back asleep. This is my usual pre-vacation no sleep time. In 24 hours we will be in Florida. Gosh, I can't wait. Flo - I will tell Mickey "Hi" from you. We are excited because we have friends who live down there coming up to meet with us this weekend. We have lots of fun when we get together. WooHoo!

Not sure how much I will be checking in over the next week. We are taking the laptop with us, but we will be busy enjoying ourselves. I can't wait to get to SSR.

Have a great night and a wonderful weekend, just in case I can't check back in the morning.

Chris

Have a wonderful vacation!!!
Old 06-05-2009, 05:36 AM   #1449
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

Have a good one.

take care
flo
Old 06-05-2009, 05:56 AM   #1450
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise

Good morning everyone - happy Friday!

Chris - have a great vacation!

Lisa - sorry to hear about losing your Grandmother and your concussion. Take care of yourself.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:01 AM   #1451
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise

Time for another picture.

In a question of the day I stated that Triton's was my favorite. Here's why. I apologize that it isn't the best picture.

Here is the mosaic mural in the back of the restaurant.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:21 AM   #1452
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastly View Post
Well we walked over to Welcome Home Wednesday ... but it was canceled. Deevy Sea was there to basically say Hi and Bye. They gave everyone a folding 'green' bag and said to catch them next time,

Devee Sea said she was filming a "Surprize" that will be on the Member site most likely another promo spot for the blt.

Had another beautiful day here , was supposed to rain yesterday but didn't went to MK in the am then EPCOT in the afternoon.

Today we mosey on over to Hollywood Studios( I still call it MGM) '

Tomorrow is mostly a pack up day. Getting the twins ready for there flights and Nancy and I ready for the long drive home. We will stop in florence sc then Edgewood MD then on to CT.

Talk to you later Sea you in Sept.
Well glad you have been having a good time. Have a safe trip

Sept 20th 2014 on the Magic

It's all Gary's Fault

Dec 8th 2014 on the Dream
Old 06-05-2009, 07:54 AM   #1453
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithTrustnPixieDust View Post
Chris

Have a wonderful vacation!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
Good morning everyone - happy Friday!

Chris - have a great vacation!

Lisa - sorry to hear about losing your Grandmother and your concussion. Take care of yourself.
Thanks Lisa and Mary. We are planning on having a great time! I am working 4 hours this morning before we head to the airport. It would drive me crazy being at home with the kids and DH before leaving because DH is very impatient for the time to pass until we can get to the airport. I mean he has been packed for 2 months already! But come noon we are out of here!

Lisa - sorry about your Grandma. Sounds like she lived a nice long life. And hope your concussion is doing better. What a bummer.

Have a great Friday all.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:06 AM   #1454
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise

It is 100 days until we sail. Which means tomorrow we all get to do the double digit dance!

Old 06-05-2009, 09:57 AM   #1455
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
It is 100 days until we sail. Which means tomorrow we all get to do the double digit dance!

I will do both dances with you.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: