Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 07:06 AM   #1351
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Morning!

Happy Saturday.

Hope everyone has a good day.

take care
flo
Old 05-30-2009, 07:08 AM   #1352
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Everyone and a Happy Saturday

Sorry I haven't been on the boards...I have some catching up to do. I have been on FB.
My daughter graduates from high school this Monday ...wow...time flies. Next Saturday, we have a graduation party for her. I have lots to do.
I hope everyone is well. Have a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
Is anyone here stay concierge or doing REAS? If so you are only 2 days away from being able to book Palo, the spa and any excursions on CC!
Michael and I want to do a Palos brunch. We did that the last members cruise and really enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Mousketeer View Post
Hey there, hi there, ho there,

We are a bit late to the thread, but we are going on the cruise! There are three of us in the cabin:

Michael (Merry Mousketeer)
Carol (Disney Enabler)
Sandi (Lerrella)

Is it too late to join the group? We would also like to participate in the fish extenders.

This will be our third Disney cruise. We went on the 2008 Westbound Panama Canal Cruise on the Magic and Podcast Cruise #1 on the Wonder. Both were fantastic! Are there any fellow cruisers on this cruise who went on either of those cruises?

We are fairly new to DVC. We joined during the Panama Canal cruise and will stay in our first DVC resort before and after this cruise. We are looking forward to it.

So, I guess I have to weave my way through this thread to figure out what I have to do next.

Hi Michael, Carol and Sandi.....welcome aboard. Looking forward to meeting you.

Have a great day all....Take care.....Monika
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2009, 02:27 PM   #1353
BoosGram
Better than a candygram....I tink, therefore I am.

Welcome Michael, Carol and Sandi. This is our first DVC members cruise, too. What was the podcast cruise like? (I didn't even know they did those!)

Old 05-30-2009, 02:48 PM   #1354
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

****Fish Extender Update****

Hello my fellow SSM09 Cruisers!

Below is the list of people that are participating in the Fish Extender exchange so far.
If you sent me and e mail or PM and do not see your name please re send. I do not have it, sorry.
Also, everyone has two in the room except were I have it listed.
If you need the information on what the Fish Extender is all about or would like to know who to notify if you would like to par take, please see the first post on the first page of this thread.
The ones that have ** in front of them have one adult in the room. The ones that have *** have 3 adults in the room.

So far there are 26 cabins.
Please keep in mind the cut of to participate in the Fish Extender exchange is August 12, 2009. This way it gives everyone time to get there items.

wdwlvr
wltdsnyfan
donald is #1
bsusanmb
ravross
rbcheek
***cquick
cathyn
Beastly
Time4DisneyNow
Boosgram
**kellyjeanDVC - Plus DS13, DD11
djstweety
BCVOwner2002
ehagerty
NYJets20032
**Miker1251 – Plus DGrand sons 10 and 5
Miker1251 (Step-daughter and Husband)
***Seaulater
2princess2pirates – Plus DS6, DD5
BigDogHu – Plus DS2
**FaithTrustNPixiedust - Plus DS10, DD5
***MegaMouseHouse
Ju Ju Bean – Plus DD9, DS6
Smillingjack
***Merry Mousketeer
Old 05-30-2009, 05:22 PM   #1355
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Time for the question of the weekend.

With booking for Palo, spa, etc. coming in June what are you going to try and book?
Old 05-30-2009, 05:22 PM   #1356
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good morning everyone - happy Friday! So glad the weekend is almost here!

Anyone else planning on going to se UP! this weekend? We are.

Marsha - there are so many restaurants that there is something for everyone. Here are some of our favorites and why.

Kona Cafe - as I stated this is our favorite. Great spot for lunch during a busy day at the Magic Kingdom.

Yachtsman Steakhouse - very good steaks. A little more upscale than most.

LeCellier - the steakhouse in Canada at Epcot (can you tell I like steak).

Liberty Tree Tavern - in the Magic Kingdom. All you can eat family style in the evening and regular sit down during the day.

Columbia Harbor House - in the Magic Kingdom. Counter service that features chicken and fish. Can get a little noisy but we like going upstairs and there is a little room of 4 tables that looks out over the walkway below.

Spoodles - at Boardwalk. We love to have breakfast here. Sadly it is going away to be replaced by a Cat Cora restaurant.

Captain's Grill (I think that is the name) at the Yacht Club. We've done this for breakfast and dinner and have enjoyed both.

Cape May Cafe - at the Beach Club. Both are buffets. The breakfast is a character breakfast.

As I said there are so many many others that are good depending on what you like. I'm sure others will step in with recommendations as well.

Have a great day everyone!
Mary, thank you. I think we are going to try Cape May Cafe for breakfast this time around since we will be staying at the BCV two days before the cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Good Friday Morning!

Yes, Marsha, like Mary said there are so many places. We really like Teppan Edo at EPCOT. And Tutto in Italy. We have eaten at the Morocco restaurant and really enjoyed that too. We seem to have a theme of eating at EPCOT. We just love to eat!

One must get snack my family always wants is a spicy cheese stuffed pretzel at HS. We usually found them at MK but they no longer have them there and they have them at HS now. Glad they at least still have them somewhere.

OOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhh, I am getting so excited. We will be leaving a week from today!

Lots of laundry and packing to do this weekend. And we are going to be busy, I mean busy, right up until we leave. Starting tonight, Brooke has her 7th grade lock-in at school. Up all night and then we have dress rehearsal for dance recital at 9:00 am tomorrow morning. The actual dance recital is Saturday night, Sunday afternoon and Sunday Night. Then she has 3 softball games next week and one practice. My MIL and her friend have decided to come stay with us a few nights starting on Sunday. We need to go get new cell phones and groceries. I'm going to be like this before we leave. And we don't know Becca's work schedule yet for next week. One good thing, time will go by quickly!

Have a great day everyone!
Thank you for the suggestions. We love Epcot too but have never dined in any of the restaurants. That is on our must do list.
Oh! It won't be long before you will be in Disney. Yay for you. And, you are right time will fly by this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Mousketeer View Post
Hey there, hi there, ho there,

We are a bit late to the thread, but we are going on the cruise! There are three of us in the cabin:

Carol (Disney Enabler)
Sandi (Lerrella)

Is it too late to join the group? We would also like to participate in the fish extenders.

This will be our third Disney cruise. We went on the 2008 Westbound Panama Canal Cruise on the Magic and Podcast Cruise #1 on the Wonder. Both were fantastic! Are there any fellow cruisers on this cruise who went on either of those cruises?

We are fairly new to DVC. We joined during the Panama Canal cruise and will stay in our first DVC resort before and after this cruise. We are looking forward to it.

So, I guess I have to weave my way through this thread to figure out what I have to do next.

Welcome! As others have said, it is never too late to join this group. This will be our second Disney cruise and our first members cruise. We are fairly new members. We had our first DVC stay in Feb. 2009 & loved it.
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
Old 05-30-2009, 05:50 PM   #1357
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:

With booking for Palo, spa, etc. coming in June what are you going to try and book?

For me I know it will be Palo.

I have never done any spa treatments any were. I am not sure about doing any of that. But I guess I should try it once.

Have a good evening.

take care
flo
Old 05-30-2009, 06:08 PM   #1358
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quick "HI". Been so busy today. Had dress rehearsal for dance recital tonight. Then had to run to another town to get cell phones. Sam's club to pick up a few things, grocery store for groceries, came home got supper ready, laundry, etc. etc. etc.

Just got the girls' hair done and getting ready to head back for tonights recital. Phewwwwww, I'm tired.

As for the excursion question, we are definitely going to try and get PALO, brunch or supper or both, doesn't matter to us. We would prefer a supper. But I would also, maybe, like to book parasailing again. I absolutely loved it the first time I did it and would do it again in a heartbeat, but DH is like we have already done that. But I don't care, it was cool! So, if I can talk him into it we might book that as well.

Well, gotta run, dance recital awaits!

Have a great night.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:43 PM   #1359
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We definitely want to book Palo for brunch. But, of course, it depends on if Flounder's Reef Nursery will be open.
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
Old 05-30-2009, 07:16 PM   #1360
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Quote:

For me it is Palo brunch and a couples cabana massage on CC.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #1361
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I will definitely be booking a massage at either the spa or CC.

I still haven't decided on Palo's yet. I was thinking about brunch but I am not sure that I want to dress up.

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 05-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #1362
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

DVC stays before and after the cruise

Hopefully (assuming that the one on my computer is the latest) is the current list.

Before the cruise:
AKV:
Rbcheek
Beastly

BCV:
Donald is #1
djstweety
BigDogHU75
FaithTrustnPixieDust
BoosGram

BLT:
Miker1251

BWV:
Wltdsnyfsn
Time4disneynow
WDWLVR

SSR:
Merry Mousketeer

Near the port:
KellyJeanDVC
Cathyn
Manascarfan
dvc4life (Melbourne)
tiggerandpooh

After the cruise:
AKV – Kidani:
BigDogHU75

BCV:
BoosGram
Miker1251

BLT:
FaithTrustnPixieDust
Time4disneynow
Rbcheek
Beastly

BWV:
Djstweety
Merry Mousketeer
WDWLVR

Poly:
dvc4life

POR:
cathyn

SSR:
tiggerandpooh

VB:
rbcheek

Other (non-Disney ):
Donald is #1

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 05-30-2009, 08:21 PM   #1363
bsusanmb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good morning everyone - happy Saturday!

Susan I'm guessing daylight savings time. I say that only because I remember booking at 11 pm last year.

Do you not follow daylight savings time in PA? If you are worried I would call DCL to be sure.
Yes, we do follow daylight savings time. But you said that it is Eastern Standard time...so I guess it is just Eastern time regardless of daylight savings or standard...if it is midnight in the East...it is the time to book, right?
I know, I am a dim wit at times.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #1364
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Ok I now know what the theme for the cruise is.................Its a repeat of last years cruise

Sept 20th 2014 on the Magic

It's all Gary's Fault

Dec 8th 2014 on the Dream
Old 05-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #1365
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsusanmb View Post
Yes, we do follow daylight savings time. But you said that it is Eastern Standard time...so I guess it is just Eastern time regardless of daylight savings or standard...if it is midnight in the East...it is the time to book, right?
I know, I am a dim wit at times.
Susan,

Midnight Eastern time is 11:00 Central Standard time for us to book. See below. It is a conversion chart. That is how I knew what time to cal for the res for SSM09. I found a chart.

STANDARD PACIFIC - 9PM*
STANDARD MOUNTAIN - 10PM*
STANDARD CENTRAL - 11PM*
STANDARD EASTERN - 12 Midnight
* = previous day

Take care
flo

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: