Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 09:51 PM   #3661
BCVOwner2002
I do math problems in my sleep - including adding, subtracting and dividing!
Uses her Mickey Mouse Ears Alien Green pins to fight off the gray side!

I'm in "stack" overload and unable on Facebook. I guess I should've completed my information on the DIS! So if you responded, except Mary (WDWLVR). Unfortunately I can't read your comments. I guess I posted too much! Wait til I tell my son I've been blocked from Facebook.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:52 PM   #3662
FaithTrustnPixieDust
Those that plant kindness gather love! Look for the Extraordinary in the Ordinary!

Mary - Hope all went well today. I quickly browsed the posts so I am not sure if I overlooked a post from you. Only one treatment to go!!!!

Chris - I recall reading that your DH was packed and ready to go. Good for him! I was wondering....how are the girls handling your upcoming trip? At their age I am sure they are excited about having some time without the parents. Gives them a little bit of independence. I was thinking it would be nice to plan an adult trip. I did my first 'mom only' trip last September over the first weekend of the Food & Wine. That was a lot of fun. Very relaxing. Maybe a nice relaxing cruise one day might just be what I need. Ahhhhh. Maybe when the new ship comes out in 2011. I WILL be done my masters by then. At least I better be. If I am not done by that time then I will never get it.

Monika (& Flo) Thanks for the shipping details. That is very helpful in the event I decide to ship my things. I can not believe we are up to 37 cabins. Wow. We may need to bring 2 extra suitcases for the trip home.

We are just so excited and really looking forward to meeting everyone.

And, I have to confess. I did not do any work for my research paper this week. I was just too busy with work .... and trying to keep up with all the posts out here that I just did not do it. Maybe a little too burned out after last week. I will be paying the price over the next two weeks.

Have a good night and a GREAT Wednesday!! Stay cool and dry!!

Lisa
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2009, 05:35 AM   #3663
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Good morning everyone - happy Wednesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clungstrum View Post
My wife and I will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and staying at BLT with a MK view on Thurs and Fri night. We went to the open mouse a couple weeks ago and were very impressed with the resort. We are looking forward to trying out the accomodations and watching the MK fireworks from the roof.
Sounds like a great way to celebrate! Congrats on 5 years of marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCVOwner2002 View Post
I'm in "stack" overload and unable on Facebook. I guess I should've completed my information on the DIS! So if you responded, except Mary (WDWLVR). Unfortunately I can't read your comments. I guess I posted too much! Wait til I tell my son I've been blocked from Facebook.
Very strange. I know many of us post way more than you. Must be some settings on your computer. I don't think Facebook blocked you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithTrustnPixieDust View Post
Mary - Hope all went well today. I quickly browsed the posts so I am not sure if I overlooked a post from you. Only one treatment to go!!!!

Lisa
Thanks for asking Lisa. Yep I'm on round #11 with one more to go. Yesterday wasn't too bad but I was pretty beat. Unfortunately last night wasn't good at all. I was up most of the night and even got sick about 3 am. First time I've really gotten sick from the treatment. I do have pills I can take and will pack them to take to work to use if I feel like I'm getting stick again.

Quote:
Now I know we are all very excited for this upcoming cruise but......

Does anyone have any thoughts on the dates for the 2010 Member Cruise?

I was looking at the 2010 dates listed for the 4 night cruises in September and October and I do not see any open dates where the SSMC10 would fit in.

I then looked at the 7 nights and (if I figured it out correctly) the Magic will not return until Oct 1 from the European tour. After that the next 7 night cruise is 10/16?

Not sure if they would need that time to maintenance the ship or if maybe just maybe there would be a 7 night for DVC.

Since this is my first cruise EVER I am not sure how the schedule usually works. I'm pretty sure that the Member Cruises have always been in Sept/Oct time frame.

Any thoughts, speculations??? Figured I would get some ideas flowing here.
10/1 - 10/16 sounds more like dry dock for the Magic. The last time they had dry dock was after they came back from the West Coast last year.

The very first Member Cruise was in February back in 2003. Since then it has been in the September/October time frame.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:36 AM   #3664
susieq55
Buh, Bye!

Happy Birthday
Dustin (DS of susieq55)
and
Michael (merry mouseketeer)

Old 08-12-2009, 06:47 AM   #3665
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq55 View Post
Happy Birthday
Dustin (DS of susieq55)
and
Michael (merry mouseketeer)
Happy Birthday Dustin and Michael Have a great day!

Sept 20th 2014 on the Magic

It's all Gary's Fault
Old 08-12-2009, 06:51 AM   #3666
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quote:

Chris - I recall reading that your DH was packed and ready to go. Good for him! I was wondering....how are the girls handling your upcoming trip? At their age I am sure they are excited about having some time without the parents. Gives them a little bit of independence. I was thinking it would be nice to plan an adult trip. I did my first 'mom only' trip last September over the first weekend of the Food & Wine. That was a lot of fun. Very relaxing. Maybe a nice relaxing cruise one day might just be what I need. Ahhhhh. Maybe when the new ship comes out in 2011. I WILL be done my masters by then. At least I better be. If I am not done by that time then I will never get it.

Lisa

Lisa - Well, the girls are handling it ok. I guess. They are bummed that they are not going, but with this time of year and all they have going on in school, it is just not possible to take them out this time. And they understand that. I'm still debating on what to do with/for them while we are gone. My parents live right in front of us so they will be around to watch them. I was thinking of having my niece, who will be 18 on Sept 4th come over and stay with them too. Only thing is she has a boyfriend and they are together all the time and I don't want him over here all the time or, spending the night! Then I have my sister. She will do anything to not be at her house with her husband. He is a, not sure what you call him, but a real downer. So, I'm not quite sure what I'm doing yet.

My hardest problem is that I will be out of contact with them while on the cruise. So I hope I don't worry to bad about them. But I will. It's a me thing.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:53 AM   #3667
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUSTIN & MICHAEL! HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Old 08-12-2009, 06:53 AM   #3668
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday

Dustin (DS of susieq55)

and

Merry mouseketeer
Old 08-12-2009, 06:57 AM   #3669
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUSTIN

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL

Hope you have a great day!!!!!!

Take care.....Monika
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Old 08-12-2009, 06:59 AM   #3670
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Mary,

Sending some and prayers that today goes better then last night for you.

take care
flo
Old 08-12-2009, 07:06 AM   #3671
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Lisa - Well, the girls are handling it ok. I guess. They are bummed that they are not going, but with this time of year and all they have going on in school, it is just not possible to take them out this time. And they understand that. I'm still debating on what to do with/for them while we are gone. My parents live right in front of us so they will be around to watch them. I was thinking of having my niece, who will be 18 on Sept 4th come over and stay with them too. Only thing is she has a boyfriend and they are together all the time and I don't want him over here all the time or, spending the night! Then I have my sister. She will do anything to not be at her house with her husband. He is a, not sure what you call him, but a real downer. So, I'm not quite sure what I'm doing yet.

My hardest problem is that I will be out of contact with them while on the cruise. So I hope I don't worry to bad about them. But I will. It's a me thing.
Chris,

It is a mom thing! I would be the same.

I am going to get the internet package so that I can keep in contact with my house. This way I can be in contact with my DS. I know he is older but this is the first time we are leaving him home. When we go on vacation he is usualy with us. I don't see him having any partys (I hope).

take care
flo
Old 08-12-2009, 07:08 AM   #3672
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Today is the last day to par take in the fish extender exchange. If you do not see you name below pleae PM me today with the info.

wdwlvr
wltdsnyfan
donald is #1
bsusanmb
****ravross
rbcheek
***cquick
cathyn
Time4DisneyNow
Boosgram
**kellyjeanDVC - Plus DS13, DD11
djstweety
BCVOwner2002
ehagerty
NYJets20032
**Miker1251 – Plus DGrand sons 10 and 5
Miker1251 (Step-daughter(Shiloh) and Husband (Patrick))
***Seaulater
2princess2pirates – Plus DS6, DD5
BigDogHu – Plus DS2
**FaithTrustNPixiedust - Plus DS10, DD5
***MegaMouseHouse
Ju Ju Bean – Plus DD9, DS6
Smillingjack
***Merry Mousketeer
***Susieq55 - DS13
Kplumb
Alex’s Mom
Pinocchio
**Dejnosluvmickey - Plus DD14; DS13: DD10
**Dejnosluvmickey – Plus DD7; DS5; DD2
RC4 - DD8; DS2; DS1
Clungstrum – Plus DS2; DD1
Clunstrum – (DMom(Diana) Dbrother(Chris)
Yensidfan
*SuziQZee - Plus DD14. DD9
*SuziQZee – Plus DS11
Old 08-12-2009, 07:18 AM   #3673
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Mike!

Thanks for the information.

I was on both the DCL site and the DIS site checking out dates and they both show a 9/12/10. I am not sure where you are seeing the missing 9/12 date.

Maybe the DCL site is not consistent in their information. I am in the cruises-destinations/bahamas/itineraries/4-night-bahamian-cruise. On that page I am looking at the Sail Dates tab.

But the 9/12 date would make sense as it corresponds to this years time frame.

Regards,
Lisa
I used both Book/Find a Cruise and the Cruise Search on the main page and neither show a 9/12/2010 sail date for the Wonder.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:20 AM   #3674
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Happy Birthday Dustin!

Happy Birthday Michael!

Old 08-12-2009, 07:36 AM   #3675
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
Chris,

It is a mom thing! I would be the same.

I am going to get the internet package so that I can keep in contact with my house. This way I can be in contact with my DS. I know he is older but this is the first time we are leaving him home. When we go on vacation he is usualy with us. I don't see him having any partys (I hope).

take care
flo

Yeah, I don't think my girls will have any party's either. Now my niece and nephew, that is a different story! They are twins and double trouble! No, not really. They are good kids!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: