Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 09:34 PM   #3616
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstweety View Post
they are only 30.00 reg price.

They now make a canvas upper, I got a pair trying to decide to keep or send back, they seem a little small, But I think they will stretch.

Did you mean DH, He is doing Ok, still hurts alot, but he said aleast he is getting paid for 8 hours each day.

DS is doing fine also..still taking space in my house...Been out a couple of times, Now he has daughter, who knows when he'll leave. Built in Babysitter. Why leave.
His Job is doing well, now If I could get rent out of him. I would be doing really good.
Yes, I did. I correct it but I guess it did not take.

Glad they are both doing ok.

take care
flo
Old 08-10-2009, 09:50 PM   #3617
BCVOwner2002
I do math problems in my sleep - including adding, subtracting and dividing!
Uses her Mickey Mouse Ears Alien Green pins to fight off the gray side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clungstrum View Post
For anyone who is interested in Crocs: There is a Crocs outlet in Orlando that has really good deals. If you can wait until you are in Orlando, and if you have time prior to the cruise, you could pick up some then. They also have many styles and colors, including some that do not even look like Crocs
Unfortunately, we won't be renting a car this trip.

Annmarie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #3618
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Night all I am going to bed,,,its been a long day. Got a new computer at work, and guess what nothing works right. I can't get on the internet, can't print, some of my programs are missing and they have been working on it for over a month

Night

Sept 20th 2014 on the Magic

It's all Gary's Fault

Dec 8th 2014 on the Dream
Old 08-10-2009, 10:07 PM   #3619
BCVOwner2002
I do math problems in my sleep - including adding, subtracting and dividing!
Uses her Mickey Mouse Ears Alien Green pins to fight off the gray side!

Quote:
Night all I am going to bed,,,its been a long day. Got a new computer at work, and guess what nothing works right. I can't get on the internet, can't print, some of my programs are missing and they have been working on it for over a month

Night
I'm heading to bed now too! If I can't sleep I'll be back on here, Annmarie
Old 08-10-2009, 11:40 PM   #3620
FaithTrustnPixieDust
Those that plant kindness gather love! Look for the Extraordinary in the Ordinary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCVOwner2002 View Post
Sounds like me! DH has all of his stuff ready to go. I still have to go shopping for a few things to wear for this trip. I'm still not sure what I can wear on my feet since they swell a lot and can't wear tongs that go between the big toe and next one. I guess I'll try crocs. Are these good enough in the restaurants? I don't want to go to dinner in my sneakers!
Quote:

Annmarie

Annmarie, there is a Crocs store in the Orlando Airport in the Main Terminal. It is along the food court area. If you have time you could always stop in and see what they have available. I liked browsing in there because they had a number of styles I had never seen before. Most stores where I have shopped only carry a small selection of styles. I never realized there was such a variety.

Regards, Lisa
Old 08-11-2009, 05:46 AM   #3621
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:

Annmarie
We are not renting one either. It would have been nice to go to the outlet. Oh Well.

Quote:

Night
Hope they get your computer fixed soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithTrustnPixieDust View Post
Annmarie, there is a Crocs store in the Orlando Airport in the Main Terminal. It is along the food court area. If you have time you could always stop in and see what they have available. I liked browsing in there because they had a number of styles I had never seen before. Most stores where I have shopped only carry a small selection of styles. I never realized there was such a variety.

Regards, Lisa
Thanks for the info on the store. We are going to be at the airport on the way home for about 5 hours so I am sure I can spend some time in there.

Thanks for the congrats on the everyone.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

take care
flo
Old 08-11-2009, 05:48 AM   #3622
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

updated fish extender list 37 cabins

Hello my fellow SSM09 Cruisers!

Below is the list of people that are participating in the Fish Extender exchange so far.

Also, everyone has two in the room except were I have it listed.

If you need the information on what the Fish Extender is all about or would like to know who to notify if you would like to par take, please see the first post on the first page of this thread.

The ones that have ** in front of them have one adult in the room. The ones that have *** have 3 adults in the room and the ones that have **** have 4 adults in a room.

So far there are 37 cabins.
Please keep in mind the cut off to participate in the Fish Extender exchange is August 12, 2009. This way it gives everyone time to get there items.
If any one would like a list with room numbers and such before the SSM09 send me an e mail (girlwolf@excite.com) or PM me your e mail address and after the cut off I will send you the spreadsheet.

wdwlvr
wltdsnyfan
donald is #1
bsusanmb
****ravross
rbcheek
***cquick
cathyn
Time4DisneyNow
Boosgram
**kellyjeanDVC - Plus DS13, DD11
djstweety
BCVOwner2002
ehagerty
NYJets20032
**Miker1251 – Plus DGrand sons 10 and 5
Miker1251 (Step-daughter(Shiloh) and Husband (Patrick))
***Seaulater
2princess2pirates – Plus DS6, DD5
BigDogHu – Plus DS2
**FaithTrustNPixiedust - Plus DS10, DD5
***MegaMouseHouse
Ju Ju Bean – Plus DD9, DS6
Smillingjack
***Merry Mousketeer
***Susieq55 - DS13
Kplumb
Alex’s Mom
Pinocchio
**Dejnosluvmickey - Plus DD14; DS13: DD10
**Dejnosluvmickey – Plus DD7; DS5; DD2
RC4 - DD8; DS2; DS1
Clungstrum – Plus DS2; DD1
Clunstrum – (DMom(Diana) Dbrother(Chris)
Yensidfan
**SuziQZee - Plus DD14. DD9
**SuziQZee – Plus DS11
Old 08-11-2009, 05:55 AM   #3623
manascarfan
DIS Veteran

Good Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq55 View Post
Dianne,
Girl, you are FAR TOO ORGANIZED!! If you do that, it's really going to make me look bad when I pack (which will probably be the day before!)!!!
Sue-I am like you, most likely pack the night before

Quote:
I am still hoping for Julie Andrews on board
Dianne-That would be awesome if she was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post
Congrats Flo on the and Annmarie on the
Flo-Congrats on the
Annmarie-congrats on the
Old 08-11-2009, 06:31 AM   #3624
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Good morning everyone - happy Tuesday! My you were all busy chatting last night. I went to the oncologist last night and got the all clear to have chemo today. I go in a little later this morning than I normally do. I also have my last one scheduled for August 24th. So hopefully I will be fully finished with chemo in time for the cruise and with a few weeks to get my taste buds back.

Quote:
Well, I have the suitcase beside me, the computer in front of me so, I can pack and log which suitcase I placed it it.

Maybe then I keep track of where my stuff is
Well there isn't room in the computer room to keep my suitcase but my packing list does show which suitcase it goes in which makes packing much easier. We do a garment bag, a medium size rolling bag for the cruise and a medium size rolling bag for the road and WDW (this one stays in the car).

Quote:
Hmmmm! As anyone else noticed how quiet DVC is about SSMC09? DH just asked me if I know who will be onboard with us (all of you are not included) and I said I haven't heard anything yet.
I'm a little disappointed by this as well. My one big gripe is if you aren't going to tell us the theme then take that page off the website. You click on it and it goes to 2008. I think DVC Marketing has been hit by cut backs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yensidfan View Post
Hi all,

We are going cruising with all of you. We got the call from member services late last week and were informed that our waitlist came through. We have already joined the Fish Extender list and I think the Member Gallery too.

Can't wait to see eveyone.

Faith
Welcome aboard. I did get your info for the gallery and will be updating that this morning.

Quote:
Sounds like me! DH has all of his stuff ready to go. I still have to go shopping for a few things to wear for this trip. I'm still not sure what I can wear on my feet since they swell a lot and can't wear tongs that go between the big toe and next one. I guess I'll try crocs. Are these good enough in the restaurants? I don't want to go to dinner in my sneakers!
I've worn my Crocs Niles to dinner on a number of cruises. Sadly they stopped making that brand. I got new Crocs sandals for this cruise. You might want to try some of the sport stores (like Dicks or Sports Authority if you have them by you). They have had some of the Crocs styles you could try on.

Quote:
I'm really hoping they tell us a little more. We are wanting to be better prepared with what to pack. A friend of mine thinks they may show us some of the same stuff from the D23 Expo. Anyone planning on going to that and then rushing to the cruise?
They might have some of the same things. I would love to have gone to D23 but just too close to the cruise and we're driving to the cruise.

Quote:
I am still hoping for Julie Andrews on board
That would be awesome but I don't see it happening. We'll just have to wait and see how top secret all these things they have planned really are.

Quote:
We're hoping that they will start booking the 2011 Panama Canal cruises during the SSMC09. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun.
2011 bookings aren't open yet. You can however book a dummy date while on board and then move it. We did this last year. We booked 12/5/09 hoping we would like where they were going in 2010. The Baltics hold no interest to us but then we found out a friends daughter is getting married on one of the 5 night cruises on the Wonder so we transferred out reservation to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq55 View Post
Oops! missed again! better luck next time! Let's keep talking - maybe it will be tomorrow at this rate!

Congrats Flo on the
and
Annmarie on the
Congrats from me as well.

Quote:

Night
Been there, done that. Not fun! Here's hoping it all gets straightened out soon.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:35 AM   #3625
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Tip Of The Day

Sure Castaway Cay is all about fun in the sun, but what if you want to get out of the sun for a little while?

Here's the tip. Head on over to Castaway Jo's (also known as the Grouper Pavilion). It is a covered game room full of family fun. Shuffleboard, foosball, billiards and ping-pong are all available. There is also a giant checkerboard.

This area at the far end of the family beach is often overlooked so is usually uncrowded. A nice way to get the family out of the sun for a little while.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:57 AM   #3626
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Good Morning to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post

Hello my fellow SSM09 Cruisers!

Below is the list of people that are participating in the Fish Extender exchange so far.

Also, everyone has two in the room except were I have it listed.

If you need the information on what the Fish Extender is all about or would like to know who to notify if you would like to par take, please see the first post on the first page of this thread.

The ones that have ** in front of them have one adult in the room. The ones that have *** have 3 adults in the room and the ones that have **** have 4 adults in a room.

So far there are 37 cabins.
Please keep in mind the cut off to participate in the Fish Extender exchange is August 12, 2009. This way it gives everyone time to get there items.
If any one would like a list with room numbers and such before the SSM09 send me an e mail (girlwolf@excite.com) or PM me your e mail address and after the cut off I will send you the spreadsheet.

wdwlvr
wltdsnyfan
donald is #1
bsusanmb
****ravross
rbcheek
***cquick
cathyn
Time4DisneyNow
Boosgram
**kellyjeanDVC - Plus DS13, DD11
djstweety
BCVOwner2002
ehagerty
NYJets20032
**Miker1251 – Plus DGrand sons 10 and 5
Miker1251 (Step-daughter(Shiloh) and Husband (Patrick))
***Seaulater
2princess2pirates – Plus DS6, DD5
BigDogHu – Plus DS2
**FaithTrustNPixiedust - Plus DS10, DD5
***MegaMouseHouse
Ju Ju Bean – Plus DD9, DS6
Smillingjack
***Merry Mousketeer
***Susieq55 - DS13
Kplumb
Alex’s Mom
Pinocchio
**Dejnosluvmickey - Plus DD14; DS13: DD10
**Dejnosluvmickey – Plus DD7; DS5; DD2
RC4 - DD8; DS2; DS1
Clungstrum – Plus DS2; DD1
Clunstrum – (DMom(Diana) Dbrother(Chris)
Yensidfan
**SuziQZee - Plus DD14. DD9
**SuziQZee – Plus DS11
Wow, do you think we will hit 40!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post

Sure Castaway Cay is all about fun in the sun, but what if you want to get out of the sun for a little while?

Here's the tip. Head on over to Castaway Jo's (also known as the Grouper Pavilion). It is a covered game room full of family fun. Shuffleboard, foosball, billiards and ping-pong are all available. There is also a giant checkerboard.

This area at the far end of the family beach is often overlooked so is usually uncrowded. A nice way to get the family out of the sun for a little while.
Now thats a great tip! Thanks

Sept 20th 2014 on the Magic

It's all Gary's Fault

Dec 8th 2014 on the Dream
Old 08-11-2009, 06:58 AM   #3627
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Good Tuesday Morning! Nice and sunny here.

Everyone was chatty last night. Don't know what I was doing but I was not on here!

Congrats AnneMarie & Flo on the and .

Love Crocs. I have a pair and used to wear them all the time. They are looking pretty worn now so I wear them just around the house and to garden in. Need to get a new pair.

DH is pretty much packed and ready to go. He would leave today if he could.

Have a great day!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:11 AM   #3628
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good morning everyone - happy Tuesday! My you were all busy chatting last night. I went to the oncologist last night and got the all clear to have chemo today. I go in a little later this morning than I normally do. I also have my last one scheduled for August 24th. So hopefully I will be fully finished with chemo in time for the cruise and with a few weeks to get my taste buds back.

Glad you got the all clear for today! so that you stay on schedule and prayers to.

Well there isn't room in the computer room to keep my suitcase but my packing list does show which suitcase it goes in which makes packing much easier. We do a garment bag, a medium size rolling bag for the cruise and a medium size rolling bag for the road and WDW (this one stays in the car).

You and Dianne are good knowing what suitcae things are in.

I'm a little disappointed by this as well. My one big gripe is if you aren't going to tell us the theme then take that page off the website. You click on it and it goes to 2008. I think DVC Marketing has been hit by cut backs.

I agree it would be good if they took 2008 off.

I've worn my Crocs Niles to dinner on a number of cruises. Sadly they stopped making that brand. I got new Crocs sandals for this cruise. You might want to try some of the sport stores (like Dicks or Sports Authority if you have them by you). They have had some of the Crocs styles you could try on.

Cabelas has them to. THat is were I first saw them and decided I wanted a pair. Now I am hoocked on them. I did not think about the other 2. Next time we are there I haveto look.

Congrats from me as well.

Thanks
Take care
flo
Old 08-11-2009, 07:14 AM   #3629
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:

I have to look into that this year. I have heard so much about it but we have never looked in there. Thanks for posting the Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Tip Of The Day. They are very informative. I copied the one for the luggage tags I just have to find it. I really think that is such a great idea.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:37 AM   #3630
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Good thoughts are with you today Mary!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: