Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 10:02 AM   #2251
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithTrustnPixieDust View Post
I have a question which I am pretty sure I already know the answer to but I am going to ask it anyway.

Dress policy at dinner.... No shorts.....Are kids not permitted to wear dress shorts at dinner? I believe a while back I read somewhere that shorts were not permitted at the restaurants for dinner.

Can someone please confirm whether this is accurate.

This is not an issue for DD as she would probably be wearing one of her dresses. DS is another story. He is going to hate it if he has to wear pants on vacation.

If this is true I better start getting him used to the idea now.
Lisa,

I don't know the answer to your question. But I just wanted to say hi.

Also, my DS at that age would have been the same way.

Hope all is well and I am sure the kids are keeping you busy.

take care
flo

P.S. I also noticed the count down clocks are in the 60's for days.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #2252
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Hi everyone!

Well I have good news and bad news.

The good news is my platelets where higher (still low but high enough to get chemo).

The bad news is my white blood count was too low now. So no chemo this week. I'm scheduled to try again next Monday. So I'm at work and going to enjoy the week and let my body get stronger.

Thanks for all the good wishes and prayers. I guess from now on we need to be more general and now wish for one particular thing.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #2253
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Lisa,

I was about to respond to your post about shorts and then saw your update. My suggestion was that I thought shorts would be fine most nights due to your sons age. I was going to suggest that maybe you could talk to him about wearing dress pants the night you are Triton's since that is the dressiest of the restaurants. He might not mind for one night and could enjoy his shorts all the other nights. Just a thought.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #2254
FaithTrustnPixieDust
Those that plant kindness gather love! Look for the Extraordinary in the Ordinary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
Hi everyone!

The good news is my platelets where higher (still low but high enough to get chemo).

The bad news is my white blood count was too low now. So no chemo this week. I'm scheduled to try again next Monday. So I'm at work and going to enjoy the week and let my body get stronger.

Thanks for all the good wishes and prayers. I guess from now on we need to be more general and now wish for one particular thing.

Mary,

So sorry you were not able to get your treatment. Take care this week and lots of for next week's treatment.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #2255
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Mary,

You have such a positive attidude.

We will keep the and prayers comming your way.

take care
flo
Old 07-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #2256
seaulater
FIRST TO MAGICALLY CROSS FROM KINGDOM TO KINGDOM AND FROM THE EAST TO THE MED!

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Magic 2/12/99; 10/7/00; 12/18/04 (1st 10 day Christmas Cruise); 5/14/05 (1st Panama Canal Cruise); 5/12/07 (1st EB to the Med); 7/18/07 (Meditteranean); 11/17/07 (Thanksgiving Cruise); 5/10/08 (2nd WB Panama Canal Cruise);9/1/08 (5 night double-dip); 6/5/10 and 6/12/10 (Jamie's high school graduation cruise-3 weeks on the Magic!); New Year's Eve Cruise 12/29/10; 7/13/12 2 Night NY Cruise to No Where; 12/15/12 6 Night Cruise from Galveston; 6/15/13 Inaugural Cruise to Greece; 6/27/13 Inaugural Cruise to Venice 7/9/13 4 Night to Mallorca Spain; First on the Reimagined Magic 10/25/13 2 night cruise; Second on the Reimagined Magic 10/27/13 5 night cruise (displaced from 10/20) Wonder 3/23/00; 11/14/02; 9/4/05 (DVC Member Cruise) 9/17/06 (1st 11 Night); 10/22/06 (DVC Member Cruise); 4/5/07 (mom/dtr BD trip); 10/21/07 (DVC Member Cruise) and BTB 10/25/07; 2/28/08; 9/21/08 (DVC Member Cruise); 10/26/08 1st Don Ducky Williams Art Showcase Cruise; 4/9/09 mom/dtr BD trip); 8/13/09 (10 yr. Wonder Anniversary Cruise); 9/13/09 (DVC Member Cruise); 11/25/09 (Thanksgiving Cruise); 4/15/10 (Jamie's 18th birthday 4/16 cruise with dinner in Palo's); 4/27/11 Repo from Long Beach to Vancouver; 5/3/11 Disney's First Alaska Cruise; 8/30/11 Last Alaska Cruise for the season!; 4/29/12 First cruise to Hawaii!
Dream Maiden Voyage 1/26/11; 4321 Cruise 11/8/12 Fantasy Maiden Voyage 3/31/12
Old 07-06-2009, 12:01 PM   #2257
seaulater
FIRST TO MAGICALLY CROSS FROM KINGDOM TO KINGDOM AND FROM THE EAST TO THE MED!

Fishing at Castaway Cay

My brother in law was asking about the fishing excursion at Castaway Cay. I have never done it and don't know anyone who has.

Does anyone know anything about it and do they recommend it?

Thanks
Magic 2/12/99; 10/7/00; 12/18/04 (1st 10 day Christmas Cruise); 5/14/05 (1st Panama Canal Cruise); 5/12/07 (1st EB to the Med); 7/18/07 (Meditteranean); 11/17/07 (Thanksgiving Cruise); 5/10/08 (2nd WB Panama Canal Cruise);9/1/08 (5 night double-dip); 6/5/10 and 6/12/10 (Jamie's high school graduation cruise-3 weeks on the Magic!); New Year's Eve Cruise 12/29/10; 7/13/12 2 Night NY Cruise to No Where; 12/15/12 6 Night Cruise from Galveston; 6/15/13 Inaugural Cruise to Greece; 6/27/13 Inaugural Cruise to Venice 7/9/13 4 Night to Mallorca Spain; First on the Reimagined Magic 10/25/13 2 night cruise; Second on the Reimagined Magic 10/27/13 5 night cruise (displaced from 10/20) Wonder 3/23/00; 11/14/02; 9/4/05 (DVC Member Cruise) 9/17/06 (1st 11 Night); 10/22/06 (DVC Member Cruise); 4/5/07 (mom/dtr BD trip); 10/21/07 (DVC Member Cruise) and BTB 10/25/07; 2/28/08; 9/21/08 (DVC Member Cruise); 10/26/08 1st Don Ducky Williams Art Showcase Cruise; 4/9/09 mom/dtr BD trip); 8/13/09 (10 yr. Wonder Anniversary Cruise); 9/13/09 (DVC Member Cruise); 11/25/09 (Thanksgiving Cruise); 4/15/10 (Jamie's 18th birthday 4/16 cruise with dinner in Palo's); 4/27/11 Repo from Long Beach to Vancouver; 5/3/11 Disney's First Alaska Cruise; 8/30/11 Last Alaska Cruise for the season!; 4/29/12 First cruise to Hawaii!
Dream Maiden Voyage 1/26/11; 4321 Cruise 11/8/12 Fantasy Maiden Voyage 3/31/12
Old 07-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #2258
bsusanmb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithTrustnPixieDust View Post
I have a question which I am pretty sure I already know the answer to but I am going to ask it anyway.

Dress policy at dinner.... No shorts.....Are kids not permitted to wear dress shorts at dinner? I believe a while back I read somewhere that shorts were not permitted at the restaurants for dinner.

Can someone please confirm whether this is accurate.

This is not an issue for DD as she would probably be wearing one of her dresses. DS is another story. He is going to hate it if he has to wear pants on vacation.

If this is true I better start getting him used to the idea now.

UPDATE: When booking our transportation from WDW to Port today, I inquired with the CM assisting me regarding the dress policy for children. He did some research for me and found that anyone age 13 or under is permitted to wear shorts as long as they are appropriate. They ask the parents/guardians to use their best judgement in determining what is appropriate. No cuts offs of course. This is not a problem as DS will have dress shorts and shirts. I am so relieved.

At the age of 10, DS is 5' 3 1/2" and 145 lbs so everything he wears is adult sizes. I have to get all his pants altered so as you can imagine he does not have too many options. As fast as he grows nothing lasts more than one season.
Here are my observations on 4 day Disney Cruises...you see it all. Some people dress up and so do their children. I have seen grown men wearing cut offs and tank tops with their hairy armpits and backs in the dining room at dinner...yuk...and I have asked about that from the Maitre'd or however you spell it...and was told that the policy is not enforced, but a suggestion. While I would never ever dress like a bum or allow DH ever to wear a tank top with his physique...LOL...He looks find in bermuda's and a nice shirt and nice shoes...much better at his short and portly shape than in long pants. I always wear capris to dinner. I am too old and round to wear a dress and I need comfort.
I am glad you got your answer from Disney, but it dismays me when I see people at dinner wearing what appears to be "beach attire".

Susan

Old 07-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #2259
bsusanmb
DIS Veteran

Mary

Well, at least you have another week to build up your strength. I am sorry that it didn't go as well as you would have liked. Take care of yourself and my thoughts and prayers are with you!
Susan

Old 07-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #2260
Beastly
Sea Ya Real Soon!!!!

Fish On ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaulater View Post
My brother in law was asking about the fishing excursion at Castaway Cay. I have never done it and don't know anyone who has.

Does anyone know anything about it and do they recommend it?

Thanks
Linda...

I have done it twice, the first time by myself. Whith the owner of the boat . He was great and it was very informative, relaxing and nice.

The second time last year. I had Nancy go with me. The son of the boat took us out. He was VERY lazy. Ignored the guests, The trip was nowhere near as enjoyable. I would not go again if he was captain.

Both times there where only 6 - 8 people on the boat. Nice view of the Island and reef.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #2261
Beastly
Sea Ya Real Soon!!!!

Wanted Big Fig ..

So does anyone want to sell the Big Fig from Last Years Cruise??

Old 07-06-2009, 03:00 PM   #2262
Beastly
Sea Ya Real Soon!!!!

We are rooting for you Mary...

Quote:
Hi everyone!

We are wishing you the best MAry ,,, Here is some more pixie dust coming your way !!!

Old 07-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #2263
ravross
OKW since 1996

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Sorry Mary! Next week will be better, sending more's your way.

Here is a hidden mickey to cheer your day!

Old 07-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #2264
BoosGram
Better than a candygram....I tink, therefore I am.

Mary, just keep thinking happy thoughts, which given your general positive attitude shouldn't be a problem. I do believe things will get better for you.

We just booked tickets for MNSSHP for the night of September 18th. Anyone else going to that?

Also, to those folks who are going to be at the BC meet: Have you made dinner plans? We initially thought we'd have dinner at Cape May, but we changed our minds and decided to go to Epcot after the meet and can't decide where to have dinner. Maybe the Biergarten?

Old 07-06-2009, 06:06 PM   #2265
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoosGram View Post
Mary, just keep thinking happy thoughts, which given your general positive attitude shouldn't be a problem. I do believe things will get better for you.

We just booked tickets for MNSSHP for the night of September 18th. Anyone else going to that?

Also, to those folks who are going to be at the BC meet: Have you made dinner plans? We initially thought we'd have dinner at Cape May, but we changed our minds and decided to go to Epcot after the meet and can't decide where to have dinner. Maybe the Biergarten?
Joanne,

No no dinner plans. Just goingto swing it after the meet. We are not going to go to any of the parks. That is unless I find a job.

See you soon.

take care
flo

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: