Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #1576
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcheek View Post
Okay Flo, I can wait, but yes I will pm you with my e-mail address.
I did notice some of the stateroom numbers were listed on Mary's cruise site.
Ok! That is a deal Ray I will send to you after the cut off.

take care
flo
Old 06-14-2009, 12:52 PM   #1577
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Glad to be back home after a very hot, hot, hot week at WDW. We got home Friday night and have been exhausted. So I have been trying to catch up on my rest.

We had a great time despite the temperatures. It was averaging around 94 degrees every day that we were there. The evenings would get down to the mid-70's, so not very cool. We were averaging 2 showers a day! Good thing we had a washer/dryer in the room because I was doing 2 loads of laundry a day since we were going through 2 outfits a day!

The girls loved the Star Wars Weekend. Which is what we really went down for. We got some really good pictures of them with the characters. We spent 2 days at Hollywood Studios just doing the Star Wars stuff. Didn't even ride a ride! But we went back Monday morning for extra magic hours and rode our favorite rides, Rock 'N Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror. We also rode the new Toy Story ride and had a blast! That was lots of fun.

We spent every afternoon back at SSR relaxing at the pool because it was so hot at the parks. Never got sun burnt but my legs felt like they were on fire during the late afternoon/early evening because of the heat coming up off the cement.

We had some really great food while we were there. But our favorite restaurant for the past several times we have been down there, Raglan Road at Down Town Disney, was the biggest disappointment we had. I would say it was our worst meal. Which was a bummer cuz we were looking forward to eating there. Oh, well. Can't win all the time I guess. I think our favorite this trip was California Grill. The view was gorgeous and the food was awesome. It was really cool to watch the fireworks at MK from up there.

Well, that is just a little bit of what we did on our trip. Got to go take a nap so I can be awake at 11:00 tonight to try and get Palo reservations. Can't wait for that.

Have a great day!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2009, 01:12 PM   #1578
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Good Afternoon Everyone!

Glad to be back home after a very hot, hot, hot week at WDW. We got home Friday night and have been exhausted. So I have been trying to catch up on my rest.

We had a great time despite the temperatures. It was averaging around 94 degrees every day that we were there. The evenings would get down to the mid-70's, so not very cool. We were averaging 2 showers a day! Good thing we had a washer/dryer in the room because I was doing 2 loads of laundry a day since we were going through 2 outfits a day!

The girls loved the Star Wars Weekend. Which is what we really went down for. We got some really good pictures of them with the characters. We spent 2 days at Hollywood Studios just doing the Star Wars stuff. Didn't even ride a ride! But we went back Monday morning for extra magic hours and rode our favorite rides, Rock 'N Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror. We also rode the new Toy Story ride and had a blast! That was lots of fun.

We spent every afternoon back at SSR relaxing at the pool because it was so hot at the parks. Never got sun burnt but my legs felt like they were on fire during the late afternoon/early evening because of the heat coming up off the cement.

We had some really great food while we were there. But our favorite restaurant for the past several times we have been down there, Raglan Road at Down Town Disney, was the biggest disappointment we had. I would say it was our worst meal. Which was a bummer cuz we were looking forward to eating there. Oh, well. Can't win all the time I guess. I think our favorite this trip was California Grill. The view was gorgeous and the food was awesome. It was really cool to watch the fireworks at MK from up there.

Well, that is just a little bit of what we did on our trip. Got to go take a nap so I can be awake at 11:00 tonight to try and get Palo reservations. Can't wait for that.

Have a great day!
Chris,

Glad you had a great time despite how hot it was.

Have a good nap see you later on the thread.

take care
flo
Old 06-14-2009, 04:51 PM   #1579
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
Well I'm not Mark but I wouldn't try for Thursday night as we get off the ship Thursday morning.
lol, I guess that I wasn't too awake this morning.

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 06-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #1580
Beastly
Sea Ya Real Soon!!!!

favs

Favorite Disney Character: Depending on my mood Snow White or Stitch
Favorite Disney Movie: Pinocchio

Old 06-14-2009, 06:01 PM   #1581
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Finally got my ADR's for before the cruise.

Getting what we wanted for 9/11 was a snap, but boy was it hard to get 9/12. Maybe because we'll be a bigger group then but the first two choices we wanted were booked solid.

Found out one reason was 9/11 and 9/12 are Nights of Joy at Hollywood Studios. This is a hard ticket event featuring Christian singers and I believe is usually a sell out.

Now I just hope I have better luck tonight!
Old 06-14-2009, 06:17 PM   #1582
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

For every one that is calling in tonight so they may get what they want.

Last edited by wltdsnyfan; 06-14-2009 at 06:19 PM. Reason: posted before done
Old 06-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #1583
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Finally got my ADR's for before the cruise.

Getting what we wanted for 9/11 was a snap, but boy was it hard to get 9/12. Maybe because we'll be a bigger group then but the first two choices we wanted were booked solid.

Found out one reason was 9/11 and 9/12 are Nights of Joy at Hollywood Studios. This is a hard ticket event featuring Christian singers and I believe is usually a sell out.

Now I just hope I have better luck tonight!
Mary,

I know this may sound stupid, but to do ADR's do you need everyone in your party to be staying on property?

The reason I am asking is because we are going to have 2 of the boys that played baseball with Steven meet us for dinner because they now live and work out there. We thought it would be great to see them. They were nice kids.

Also, if we can make them do you know of a nice place to go with young men for dinner.

take care
flo
Old 06-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #1584
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
Mary,

I know this may sound stupid, but to do ADR's do you need everyone in your party to be staying on property?

The reason I am asking is because we are going to have 2 of the boys that played baseball with Steven meet us for dinner because they now live and work out there. We thought it would be great to see them. They were nice kids.

Also, if we can make them do you know of a nice place to go with young men for dinner.

take care
flo
No, only the person making the reservation needs to stay on property.

What are their tastes and do you want to be in a park or maybe at one of the hotels? Do you want a buffet or table service? What kind of price range?

I know you said you were going to Fulton's - they might like that. Not sure if it is included in the ADR program or not. We were looking at Portabella as one of our choices and it wasn't.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:01 PM   #1585
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone

I hope you are having a great day. Michael and I spent the day in Ocean City, Maryland on the boardwalk to watch an air show over the ocean. We also got lucky to go to a penthouse of the Quality Inn (ocean side) to watch the air show from there. It was simply AMAZING...A-10's, F-18's, Yak's (Russian plane), Pitts bi-planes and the stars of the show F-16's the Air Force Thunderbirds. They just took my breath away...amazing, awesome. WOW. I will be posting some photos on FB soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithTrustnPixieDust View Post
Hello All!

I am not sure if we have had these QOTDs yet. I could not find anything on this thread and not sure about the 1st thread.

QOTD: Who is your favorite Disney Character?

Important Note for those participating in the Fish Extenders......Please respond for each guest in your room.

Thanks!

Lisa

Oh, and I expect all you late nighters on the DIS Sunday waiting to book your 90 ressies to get these answered!!!
Hi Lisa
QOTD: Who is your favorite Disney Character? DH-Figment Me-Donald Duck and Tinkerbell
QOTD: What is your favorite Disney Movie? Mary Poppins and Wall-e
Looking forward to meeting you.

Quote:

Good morning Member Cruisers!
We sail in 13 weeks!

Hi Mary....I can't believe 13 weeks until we cruise. I can't wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
Morning Everyone!

How is everyone doing today?

Are you ready to stay up late if you could make the 90 day rese?

This is so exciting.

Have a good one!

Take care
flo
Hi Flo...we are ready for the call in. My cell and Michaels cell are fully charged. Have had an extra cup of coffee so I'm good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejnosluvmickey View Post
Quick question: Anyone else add on points at BLT last cruise and get the Mickey statue? And has anyone gotten it yet?

They told us spring, but its now june and nothing.
Hi...we added on at BLT on the last cruise. We got our statue a month ago. Someone called us and told us that the statue would be delivered the next week through Fed-x. They wanted someone to be at home because you had to sign for it. Sorry to hear you haven't received it yet. I hope you get it soon.

Quote:
Good Afternoon Everyone!

Have a great day!
Hi Chris....welcome home. I'm glad to hear that you had a great time at WDW. Sorry to hear about about your disappointment with Raglan Road. We are going to spend time at WDW after the cruise. We are really looking forward to that.

Have a great night.
Take care.....Monika
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Old 06-14-2009, 08:03 PM   #1586
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, only the person making the reservation needs to stay on property.

What are their tastes and do you want to be in a park or maybe at one of the hotels? Do you want a buffet or table service? What kind of price range?

I know you said you were going to Fulton's - they might like that. Not sure if it is included in the ADR program or not. We were looking at Portabella as one of our choices and it wasn't.
Mary,

Thanks for the info. I am going to have to give them a call this week.
I never know that.
take care
flo
Old 06-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #1587
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Just wondering, is it better to try and call tonight or to try and make your reservations on the computer?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:06 PM   #1588
rbcheek
Just A Little Goofy

Quote:
Just wondering, is it better to try and call tonight or to try and make your reservations on the computer?
I was wondering the same thing
VB member since '02 - AKLV member since '07 2530 miles from house to home PO - '98 (1st WDW trip), AKL - '02 (Best resort - ever), OKW - '03 (1st DVC Trip), DCL & VB - '05 (1st Cruise), BCV - '06 (1st w/out kids)BCV- '07, AKV - '08 (1st time back as owners)
Old 06-14-2009, 09:49 PM   #1589
bsusanmb
DIS Veteran

Well, I am going to try on my computer. That is if I can stay awake.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:49 PM   #1590
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcheek View Post
I was wondering the same thing
Until Monika said she was calling in I did not even know you could do it that way. But that is a good question.

take care
flo

P.S. How is everyone doing with staying awake? Only and hour and 10 minutes.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: