Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 06:24 AM   #1546
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsusanmb View Post
Thanks, Flo, those are so adorable!!!

Ok, I am getting excited now!

When we go online at midnight (between Sat/Sun, right?) will there be so many folks on there that the site shuts down? Anyone have any experience at 90 days?

I booked our flights today. Airtran finally has direct flights from Harrisburg PA to Orlando...I got a great rate..$74 each way. WOW...I had to change my plans and get there a day earlier, Friday now to get this rate. But is it worth it. We are only a few minutes from the airport...so much better than driving to Phila

In the past when does Disney release the information about who will be on the cruise?

Hoping I get a Palo reservation...but if not, oh well.

Happy weekend everyone
Susan
Susan,

I have never had a problem on line. Not saying that has not happend to other people. You could also call if you you want to. Good Luck!

You got some great air fare! We added Friday to because it was cheaper for us to do that. Since we used point for Boardwalk we figured why not. When are you coming in on Friday? We will not get to the hotel till about 9:00PM but I don't care.

I to am getting so excited.

Take care
flo
Old 06-13-2009, 06:27 AM   #1547
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Good Morning!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Mary - Enjoy your day with your godmother.

Jut think tomorrow is the day to make Palo res for the 90 days.

The time is flying! I am happy.

tkae care
flo
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2009, 08:40 AM   #1548
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Happy Saturday Everyone! I hope everyone has a good day and enjoy the weekend. The fan in our computer stopped working so I have to borrow my DH's school laptop when he is not using it to get online. Of course I will be using it Sunday night/Monday morning to make reservations.
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
Old 06-13-2009, 08:48 AM   #1549
bsusanmb
DIS Veteran

WOW, Mary I just realized how many posts you have made....that's amazing!

Going to a wedding today. My daughter is a bride's maid and my granddaughter Makayla (the one in my photo to the left) is the flower girl.
She is 4 going on 16. I am worried that she will tell the bride to wait as she is going down the aisle because she wants to get the flower petals just "so".
She is something. I told her that her daddy will be my date for the wedding since he will be all alone. She got very upset and I asked her what was wrong...she said "I don't want another mother"...LOL, out of the mouths of babes. Don't know where she gets this...no one remarried that I know of.

Can someone please clarify for me...is it tonight that we make ressies or is it tomorrow night? I guess I could figure it out on my own if the computer won't take it tonight..but don't want to be awake at midnight unless I am sure.

It is a beautiful day here in PA...it has rained for weeks and weeks. Wish I was in WDW...

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone.

Blessings,
Susan

Old 06-13-2009, 09:17 AM   #1550
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:

Going to a wedding today. My daughter is a bride's maid and my granddaughter Makayla (the one in my photo to the left) is the flower girl.
She is 4 going on 16. I am worried that she will tell the bride to wait as she is going down the aisle because she wants to get the flower petals just "so".
She is something. I told her that her daddy will be my date for the wedding since he will be all alone. She got very upset and I asked her what was wrong...she said "I don't want another mother"...LOL, out of the mouths of babes. Don't know where she gets this...no one remarried that I know of.

Can someone please clarify for me...is it tonight that we make ressies or is it tomorrow night? I guess I could figure it out on my own if the computer won't take it tonight..but don't want to be awake at midnight unless I am sure.

It is a beautiful day here in PA...it has rained for weeks and weeks. Wish I was in WDW...

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone.

Blessings,
Susan
Susan,

Yes, it is tomorrow night that you can make the ressies.

That is to cute about your granddaughter. You as so right out of the mouth of babs.

Have fun at the wedding take pictures.

It is a rain day here.

take care
flo
Old 06-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #1551
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Hello Everyone!

It turned out to be a beautiful day here, so I decided I would take a nice walk. It was very nice. Now I am sitting and watching TV.

Hope everyone is enjoying there day.

Mary - Hope you are enjoying the day with your godmother.

take care
flo
Old 06-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #1552
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Quote:
LOL - well I have been with the DIS since early 2000 and I've been involved in some VERY active cruise meets threads. Our Dec. 2004 10 day was very very active and at one time was the most active thread on the cruise meets board. Then when many of the same people cruised together in 2006 we again had such an active thread that we nicknamed ourselves the Blabbermouths! The 20005 and 2006 Member Cruise threads were also very very active. That and just trying to be helpful on the main cruise board just had it all add up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post

Mary - Hope you are enjoying the day with your godmother.

take care
flo
We had a very nice visit and lunch at Macaroni Grill. She suggested Fridays but I told her I was just there.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:15 PM   #1553
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Palos

Well Sandi and I were talking today and we decided that we would like to do dinner at Palos instead of lunch. Does anyone have a guess if there is one night better than others or one night that we should avoid?

I know that it will be a roll of the dice as to which of the 3 restaurants that we miss but is there anything else that I should worry about when picking a night?

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 06-13-2009, 07:06 PM   #1554
MarkRG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post
Well Sandi and I were talking today and we decided that we would like to do dinner at Palos instead of lunch. Does anyone have a guess if there is one night better than others or one night that we should avoid?

I know that it will be a roll of the dice as to which of the 3 restaurants that we miss but is there anything else that I should worry about when picking a night?
Actually, the one night I'd suggest avoiding skipping is Pirate night, which has been Monday. In my honest opinion it's one of the best menus they have onboard. Other than that, yup, pretty much a guess as to which rotation you'll be on at this point.

MonorailGreen.info
Since I stopped counting how many times a long time ago,
here's the first time I went to:
WDW 1976 - DCL 1999 - DLR 1999 - DVC 2000
Old 06-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #1555
nyjets20032
Just starting to have fun!

well again i lacked being here regularly. i try! DH and I went to one of my Best Friends wedding today and it was awesome. Spent the afternoon with my family and are watching the love guru now. i am so excited that we can finally make reservations for activities but I am disappointed that we still do not have a theme. What do all of you think?
Old 06-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #1556
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
Good morning everyone - happy Friday!

I've got today off. Took it as a vacation day so I can get a few things done around the house. I keep talking about doing Spring Cleaning but we always find other things to do on the weekends and I have plans both days this weekend and next. So today is cleaning day!

On a sad note don't know how many of you read the DVC boards regularly but Caskbill who was a moderator over there and part of the tech support team passed away. Bill was a great guy who we got to meet over the years at a couple of Merry Member Mixers. He will be missed.

Have a great day everyone!
I will truly miss him..he helped me understand DVC

The post is called

Stateroom Mickey Ears and then some:

Hope everyone is having a good day.

take care
flo
[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the link.

Dh is doing better today and is resting right now..not so grumpy today as he was for the past few days. So we have been taking shifts on DH watch, He tries to over do alot.

Sept 20th 2014 on the Magic

It's all Gary's Fault

Dec 8th 2014 on the Dream
Old 06-13-2009, 10:18 PM   #1557
FaithTrustnPixieDust
Those that plant kindness gather love! Look for the Extraordinary in the Ordinary!

Hi Diane.

Glad to hear Mike is doing better. Sounds like you need to rest when he rests though. Sort of like the advice new parents get. Sleep when the baby sleeps.

All is quiet here. DS at birthday party sleepover and DD finally fell asleep. So, I am catching up on the posts.

Take care and have a good night.

Lisa
Old 06-13-2009, 11:24 PM   #1558
FaithTrustnPixieDust
Those that plant kindness gather love! Look for the Extraordinary in the Ordinary!

QOTD: Favorite Disney Character / Movie?

Hello All!

I am not sure if we have had these QOTDs yet. I could not find anything on this thread and not sure about the 1st thread.

QOTD: Who is your favorite Disney Character?

QOTD: What is your favorite Disney Movie?

Important Note for those participating in the Fish Extenders......Please respond for each guest in your room.

Thanks!

Lisa

Oh, and I expect all you late nighters on the DIS Sunday waiting to book your 90 ressies to get these answered!!!
Old 06-13-2009, 11:31 PM   #1559
FaithTrustnPixieDust

Another vacation milestone yesterday.....

While sitting at the ballfield waiting for DS' playoff game to start early Saturday morning I was able to book our ADRs for our pre-cruise trip to WDW.

How did we get through life before cell phones??

Get to call on the 19th for the ADRs for our post-cruise trip to WDW.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:00 AM   #1560
cathyn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithTrustnPixieDust View Post
Hello All!

I am not sure if we have had these QOTDs yet. I could not find anything on this thread and not sure about the 1st thread.

QOTD: Who is your favorite Disney Character?

QOTD: What is your favorite Disney Movie?

Important Note for those participating in the Fish Extenders......Please respond for each guest in your room.

Thanks!

Lisa

Oh, and I expect all you late nighters on the DIS Sunday waiting to book your 90 ressies to get these answered!!!

My favorite character is Ariel. My favorite movie is Beauty and the Beast.

My sister's (wendybirdn) favorite character is Tinkerbell and her favorite movie is Finding Nemo.

Cathy

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: