Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 04:58 PM   #1531
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

Hi Flo

That's great!!!!

We may do the same.

Have a good day.

Take care....Monika
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Old 06-11-2009, 06:07 PM   #1532
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4disneynow View Post
Hi Flo

That's great!!!!

We may do the same.

Have a good day.

Take care....Monika
Hi Monika!

I bit the bullet and decided to do it. It was 140.00 for both of us. I wanted to make sure I gave them enough time so that I get the luggage tages with the documents for the cruise.

That would be fun if you did it. We could have a mini DIS meet on the bus.

Now we just have to get the limo to take us to the airport from home and back.

Then we should be all set with that.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Take care
flo
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #1533
FaithTrustnPixieDust
Those that plant kindness gather love! Look for the Extraordinary in the Ordinary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
Lisa,

Hi! Nothing to much going on here. I am house sitting for my neighbor across the street. They went to say with there mom while her sistes is at WDW. Luck her.

I am going to be posting a new list today, since 2 months for today is the cut off to be added. You are right it is 26 cabins.

Have fun at the camp out.

for the start of school.

How is little league going?

take care
and have a great day.

flo
Playoffs started tonight. They play 6 innings and we were up 10-5 going in to the bottom of the 6th. We ended up losing 11-10. Sad loss. DS unfortunately could not play this evening because he has been out of school due to strep throat. He actually could have played because he has been on meds for three days now but he did not go to school today so I would not let him play. He was not happy with me. Playoffs are double elimination so all the teams play again tomorrow night. He'll get a chance to play then.

Of course DD has her graduation tomorrow night from the 4yr old program. They have cap & gown and had pictures taken and all. Yikes. It now starts before they even get to regular school. Can you believe it. Well, the family will have to split their time between the game and graduation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstweety View Post
Good Evening...well DH is home and has just fallen a sleep, The hospital has improved alot DH was well taken care of, Thanks for the pixie dust

So glad to hear all is well. Here's a little for a speedy recovery.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:13 AM   #1534
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithTrustnPixieDust View Post
Playoffs started tonight. They play 6 innings and we were up 10-5 going in to the bottom of the 6th. We ended up losing 11-10. Sad loss. DS unfortunately could not play this evening because he has been out of school due to strep throat. He actually could have played because he has been on meds for three days now but he did not go to school today so I would not let him play. He was not happy with me. Playoffs are double elimination so all the teams play again tomorrow night. He'll get a chance to play then.

Of course DD has her graduation tomorrow night from the 4yr old program. They have cap & gown and had pictures taken and all. Yikes. It now starts before they even get to regular school. Can you believe it. Well, the family will have to split their time between the game and graduation
Lisa,

That had to be such a hard loss for the team. Poor kids. But as long as they played the best had fun that is all that matters.

When my DS graduated at that aget they had cap and gown to. They even marched in. They looks so cute in there cap & gown. I am sure she is excited. Tell her congrats.

I guess you will be running around like a chicken with out a head. Good luck and have fun.

take care
flo
Old 06-12-2009, 05:16 AM   #1535
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Good Morning!

It is a beautiful morning here!

I can't believe it is Friday already.

But this is good. That means that only 2 days till the 90 res date for the
SSM09!

Take care
flo
Old 06-12-2009, 05:43 AM   #1536
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Good morning everyone - happy Friday!

I've got today off. Took it as a vacation day so I can get a few things done around the house. I keep talking about doing Spring Cleaning but we always find other things to do on the weekends and I have plans both days this weekend and next. So today is cleaning day!

On a sad note don't know how many of you read the DVC boards regularly but Caskbill who was a moderator over there and part of the tech support team passed away. Bill was a great guy who we got to meet over the years at a couple of Merry Member Mixers. He will be missed.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by WDWLVR; 06-12-2009 at 06:34 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:11 AM   #1537
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
Good morning everyone - happy Friday!

I've got today off. Took it as a vacation day so I can get a few things done around the house. I keep talking about doing Spring Cleaning but we always find other things to do on the weekends and I have plans both days this weekend and next. So today is cleaning day!

On a sad note don't know how many of you read the DVC boards regularly but Caskbill who was a regular over there and part of the tech support team passed away. Bill was a great guy who we got to meet over the years at a couple of Merry Member Mixers. He will be missed.

Mary,

Hope even though you are cleaning you have a good day off. It is beautiful out side right now so that will help.

I did read that he got real sick. So said that he passed away. My heart goes out to his family. Don't know him but I do remember seeing that name.

take care
flo
Old 06-12-2009, 02:09 PM   #1538
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

We were on the second page so I though I would post the below link. It is on the discussion part of DIS cruise board. It shows you how to make hats with Mickey ears for your door. The
Person that is doing this gives you the pattern. They have Pirate, Grad, Birthday, etc. I know I am going to use some of them so I wanted to share.

The post is called

Stateroom Mickey Ears and then some:

Hope everyone is having a good day.

take care
flo
Old 06-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #1539
seaulater
FIRST TO MAGICALLY CROSS FROM KINGDOM TO KINGDOM AND FROM THE EAST TO THE MED!

Quote:
We were on the second page so I though I would post the below link. It is on the discussion part of DIS cruise board. It shows you how to make hats with Mickey ears for your door. The
Person that is doing this gives you the pattern. They have Pirate, Grad, Birthday, etc. I know I am going to use some of them so I wanted to share.

The post is called

take care
flo
Thanks for the link. They are adorable. Jamie graduates from high school next year and then we immediately fly out to get on the Magic June 5th for 3 weeks! So I'll have to do the graduation ears!
Magic 2/12/99; 10/7/00; 12/18/04 (1st 10 day Christmas Cruise); 5/14/05 (1st Panama Canal Cruise); 5/12/07 (1st EB to the Med); 7/18/07 (Meditteranean); 11/17/07 (Thanksgiving Cruise); 5/10/08 (2nd WB Panama Canal Cruise);9/1/08 (5 night double-dip); 6/5/10 and 6/12/10 (Jamie's high school graduation cruise-3 weeks on the Magic!); New Year's Eve Cruise 12/29/10; 7/13/12 2 Night NY Cruise to No Where; 12/15/12 6 Night Cruise from Galveston; 6/15/13 Inaugural Cruise to Greece; 6/27/13 Inaugural Cruise to Venice 7/9/13 4 Night to Mallorca Spain; First on the Reimagined Magic 10/25/13 2 night cruise; Second on the Reimagined Magic 10/27/13 5 night cruise (displaced from 10/20); 12/18/13 (the emergency gallbladder surgery cruise); 3/28/14; 4/7/14; 6/26/14 Inaugural Cruise from Venice; 7/5/14 9 night cruise; 7/14/14 Inaugural Cruise Venice to Barcelona Wonder 3/23/00; 11/14/02; 9/4/05 (DVC Member Cruise) 9/17/06 (1st 11 Night); 10/22/06 (DVC Member Cruise); 4/5/07 (mom/dtr BD trip); 10/21/07 (DVC Member Cruise) and BTB 10/25/07; 2/28/08; 9/21/08 (DVC Member Cruise); 10/26/08 1st Don Ducky Williams Art Showcase Cruise; 4/9/09 mom/dtr BD trip); 8/13/09 (10 yr. Wonder Anniversary Cruise); 9/13/09 (DVC Member Cruise); 11/25/09 (Thanksgiving Cruise); 4/15/10 (Jamie's 18th birthday 4/16 cruise with dinner in Palo's); 4/27/11 Repo from Long Beach to Vancouver; 5/3/11 Disney's First Alaska Cruise; 8/30/11 Last Alaska Cruise for the season!; 4/29/12 First cruise to Hawaii!; Easter 4/18/14
Dream Maiden Voyage 1/26/11; 4321 Cruise 11/8/12; DVC Member Cruise 8/24/14 Fantasy Maiden Voyage 3/31/12;Birthday Cruise 5/10/14
Old 06-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #1540
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
On a sad note don't know how many of you read the DVC boards regularly but Caskbill who was a moderator over there and part of the tech support team passed away. Bill was a great guy who we got to meet over the years at a couple of Merry Member Mixers. He will be missed.
Oh no! I have been using his DVC programs and loving them. He was such a great guy and will be sorely missed.

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 06-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #1541
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise

Don't know if anyone saw this on the main page but the boards are going down at 9 pm Eastern for maintenance. It states they should be down for 5-6 hours.

I also expect sometime in the next couple of days the boards will go dark in Bill's honor.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #1542
bsusanmb
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The post is called

take care
flo
Thanks, Flo, those are so adorable!!!

Ok, I am getting excited now!

When we go online at midnight (between Sat/Sun, right?) will there be so many folks on there that the site shuts down? Anyone have any experience at 90 days?

I booked our flights today. Airtran finally has direct flights from Harrisburg PA to Orlando...I got a great rate..$74 each way. WOW...I had to change my plans and get there a day earlier, Friday now to get this rate. But is it worth it. We are only a few minutes from the airport...so much better than driving to Phila

In the past when does Disney release the information about who will be on the cruise?

Hoping I get a Palo reservation...but if not, oh well.

Happy weekend everyone
Susan

Old 06-12-2009, 07:42 PM   #1543
bsusanmb
DIS Veteran

RIP dear friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post
Oh no! I have been using his DVC programs and loving them. He was such a great guy and will be sorely missed.
Same here. Bill was one of the very first people that I got to know on the Dis. He helped me so much with my DVC purchase and all of the inside information that you can't figure out.

He will surely be missed. My consolences to the Dis family and to Bill's family.

Blessings,
Susan

Old 06-12-2009, 07:56 PM   #1544
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Don't know if anyone saw this on the main page but the boards are going down at 9 pm Eastern for maintenance. It states they should be down for 5-6 hours.

I also expect sometime in the next couple of days the boards will go dark in Bill's honor.
Mary,

Oh No! That means see you in the morning then!

I think that is nice if the boards go dark in Bill's honor.

take care
flo
Old 06-13-2009, 05:27 AM   #1545
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise

Good morning everyone - happy Saturday!

Got up early to watch the shuttle launch but that has been scrubbed for a few days. Better safe than sorry.

Today I'm off to take my Godmother out to lunch. Haven't seen her in about a year (but I've talked on the phone with her) so it will be good to spend some time with her. She was one of my Mom's friends from grade school and even stood up in her wedding. Since my Mom was an only child many of her close friends became my "aunts".

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: