Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
4campers
Mouseketeer

November 12, 2005 RETURNS

We just won't go away

Disney Magic
November 12, 2005
The Alumni

4forMickey

DisNurse

stb on the beach

Choc_marg & Awoltoday

Chip&Dale&Fun

FairyDisMom

PrincessHaleysMom

Barkley

jaypd

PatzFan Jay

HouseforSale & Pluto Too

Mrsgreenjeans

MomtoGav&Eric

Nick262

Jmkclee

4Campers

Smola09’s mom

[SIZE="2"][FONT="Arial"]in the begining:
11/05 Caribbean/Disney Magic
05/07 Alaska/RCCL Serenade
05/08 Mexico/Disney Magic
07/08 Mexico/RCCL Monarch
03/09 Mexico/RCCL Mariner
10/09 Mexico/RCCL Radiance
12/09 Mexico/RCCL Radiance (Birthday trip)
06/10 Alaska/RCCL Rhapsody
01/11 Mexico/RCCL Mariner

Last edited by 4campers; 03-11-2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: added picture
4campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:31 PM   #2
chip&dale&fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4campers View Post
We just won't go away

Thanks for starting the new thread - the picture on the old one is priceless - what a good looking crew.

We just returned from diving - boy it is cold. Barkley - you have me beat but it is colder in the water - trust me.

Bruch at Paolos is to die for - go hungry - take your time - savour everything enjoy much. I'll check and see if I have any pics I can post - it is an experience - .....

We have booked Paolos and brunch for Panama Canal but no high tea - we will see what opens up on baord. Booking was terrible - 4 hours and still no Paolos- the system must have shut down, all we saw was fishes. Still the next morning I was able to grab dinner.

OK - back to my heater....
DREAMing Maiden Voyage 2011/Wedding Cruise September 2011/January 2012.

NEXT CRUISE DISNEY FANTASY
chip&dale&fun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2008, 03:57 PM   #3
4campers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip&dale&fun View Post
Thanks for starting the new thread - the picture on the old one is priceless - what a good looking crew.

We just returned from diving - boy it is cold. Barkley - you have me beat but it is colder in the water - trust me.

Bruch at Paolos is to die for - go hungry - take your time - savour everything enjoy much. I'll check and see if I have any pics I can post - it is an experience - .....

We have booked Paolos and brunch for Panama Canal but no high tea - we will see what opens up on baord. Booking was terrible - 4 hours and still no Paolos- the system must have shut down, all we saw was fishes. Still the next morning I was able to grab dinner.

OK - back to my heater....
Yes, our friends told me they had troubles getting things as well. They said the system had shut down I've peeked in on your site and my goodness it's HUGE! Do you post? I only read through a few. You have a wonderful group and I can only imagine HOW much FUN you'll all have

Thanks for the brunch tips. I don't even remember seeing it last time But, then again, I was changing diapers and praying for 5 min to myself

Oh I miss diving I did so much of it when I lived on St John. But, the water was warm

Glad you found the new thread! I'm sure the others will find us die hearts

Old 03-01-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
PrincessHaleysMom
Mouseketeer

Thanks Kim for linking me here. I am trying to decide if I should change my screen name since I have a prince who is a year old now! No Disney cruises planned for now - Haley is wishing for her 5th birthday - which is July 5th - mucho dinero!!!!!!!

Where's the nurse - on vacation in the Swiss Alps or something?????
Old 03-02-2008, 01:11 AM   #5
DIS NURSE
DIS Veteran

No.............not quite the Swiss Alps, but close! Did I tellyou all that DH and I went road biking through France last fall? Surely i told you.......left the kids for the first time and traveled abroad for over two weeks.......then one month later did our third 7 night Magic (same itinerary as 2005).

That was once again a wonderful DCL experience but I knew as we getting off the ship that we have to wait until the new ships are built for me to book us again. AND FOR GOODNESS SAKES THE SHOWS NEED TO CHANGE! DCl has so much repeat business that it shocks me they don't chnage them up a little. I man there were a few tweeks in Twice Charmed, but that was about it! We even saw the same darned live stage entertainers! AGH!

Loved the cruise and our shore excursions on St. Thomas and St. Maarten! Went to St. John finally and then over to the French side of St. M to the NUDY beach! Orient beach was lovely!

We leave now in three weeks back to the Riveria Maya area south of Cancun! Great all inclusive resort in Playacar, near playa del Carmen.

Get this.......just bought airline tickets for this coming Thanksgiving to go to La Paz, Mexico (Baja) and sail with friends on a 43 foot yacht/catamaran for a week in the Sea of Cortez! Woo-hoo! You divers can be proud of us that this summer we'll become dive certified and begin that sport as well. We are going with a friend who used to own and sail a yacht out of La Paz, knows all the ropes, and is an experienced diver. Should be an adventure!

Until then...........DIS NURSE has some serious overtime shifts to pull to catch up to her appetite for vacations!

Too cool some of you are rebooked for upcoming re-visits to the Magic! I hope you say hi to her for me...........I will miss her if i never sail on her again..........I would even choose her over one of their new ships if she had a different itinerary and shows! I am guessing the new ships will come out with some serious pricetags!? Maybe the magic is all that we can justify financially and I will get to see her again. I did notice this last November that she is looking tired. That ship has seen a lot of use and abuse!

Talk to you soon...............

DIS NURSE
DIS NURSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:32 AM   #6
chip&dale&fun
DIS Veteran

Morning All - when I have time, I'll see if we can publish some of our infor for the first cruise on the first page of this thread --- Somewhere I have the list - and maybe one or two of the key photographs. I think it needs to be edited into the starting post - beu we can work on that.

I am thinking of the names, the photo with us wearing our green bracelets, that type of thing......

Old 03-03-2008, 02:50 PM   #7
awoltoday
swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS NURSE View Post
Loved the cruise and our shore excursions on St. Thomas and St. Maarten! Went to St. John finally and then over to the French side of St. M to the NUDY beach! Orient beach was lovely!
Now, why doesn't this surprise me?

A week in the Sea of Cortez sounds pretty cool!

C&D&F - Editing the first post with the group photo sounds great!
12/22/09 Carnival Elation Baja Mexico
07/06/08 Norwegian Pearl to Alaska (Roll Call)
09/28/07 Norwegian Pearl party in the pacific
10/28/06 Disney Magic Eastern Boo Cruise
11/12/05 Disney Magic Eastern 7 Day
1995 M/V Matanuska - Poor man's Alaska Cruise (ferry)
1990 M/V Tustumena - Homer to Kodiak, AK
awoltoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:16 PM   #8
4campers
Mouseketeer

Glad to see you all

We are all finished up with our planning for our next Magic cruise I'm really looking forward to seeing her again Our friends are bringing her back for the 15 day trip Not sure I could do that one, without being in the Royal Suite with 3 bedrooms, and the butler

Just after we return, we will begin packing for Hawaii Rented a condo right on the beach of Kauai. Looking forward to seeing the Napali Coast, and some diving as well. I can finally add that to my book We are also going 'tubing' down a river It's been some time since I've been in the water. The last was Catalina, and it's so beautiful there. But, nothing will ever compare to living on St John, with all it's warm water

Disnurse: what did you do while you where on St. John?

I'd like to ask you all what was the one thing you wish could have done while on the Magic, that you didn't get to do! For me, ummmm, I'd like to take a swim in the adult pool I know, it's a simple request

Old 03-04-2008, 03:03 AM   #9
barkley
DIS Veteran
If I ever have a garage sale the neighbors will think I have major wine and condiment addictions

hello all-gotta post so i can keep up to date on all your adventures!

no trips planned for us though we did do a week at disneyland last month. dh had a freebie round trip voucher for alaska/horizon (when he got bumped from his flight home from victoria b.c.) so we used our dvc points and took advantage of safeway's hopper promotion (buy a 3 day/get 2 additional nites free) and ran away. it was nice to see sunshine again-and we got to take advantage of the big $$$$$'s google spent to entertain their employees when they rented out and closed magic kingdom one weeknite. while we obviously could'nt get in, we could clearly see from our hotel balcony the massive fireworks and lazer light show they popped for

the one thing i wish i could have done on our '05 magic trip? taken up permanant residence in the spa. daily hot rock massages, those nice big showers, the orange flavored water, soft soothing music-and those killer heated stone tile lounging chairs they need to just rename the place 'the mom's club' and let us check ourselves in and stay all day

The REAL Barkley

Wedding Groomsman - 1991
Disneyland - 1992
Maui - 1993

"King of the Closet, Guardian & Protector of Cookies Everywhre"

Does not Cruise due to C.D.P.P.
(Chronic Duck Pirate Phobia)
barkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:55 PM   #10
awoltoday
swabbie

Quote:
Glad to see you all

We are all finished up with our planning for our next Magic cruise I'm really looking forward to seeing her again Our friends are bringing her back for the 15 day trip Not sure I could do that one, without being in the Royal Suite with 3 bedrooms, and the butler

Just after we return, we will begin packing for Hawaii Rented a condo right on the beach of Kauai. Looking forward to seeing the Napali Coast, and some diving as well. I can finally add that to my book We are also going 'tubing' down a river It's been some time since I've been in the water. The last was Catalina, and it's so beautiful there. But, nothing will ever compare to living on St John, with all it's warm water

Disnurse: what did you do while you where on St. John?

I'd like to ask you all what was the one thing you wish could have done while on the Magic, that you didn't get to do! For me, ummmm, I'd like to take a swim in the adult pool I know, it's a simple request
Oh, Kauai is killer! Where are you staying? We stayed near the Coconut Marketplace and it was awesome. We had to make almost daily visits to the Guava plantation for more strawberry guava juice (to mix with vodka) - Yum! The helicopter tour we did was fanastic and the catamaran snorkeling deal was pretty darn nice, too. It's just such a laid back island, it's just about perfect for me

I just want to blow the horn on the Magic!
Old 03-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #11
chip&dale&fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We just won't go away

You will need to edit your post to include the ALUMNI information. I am posting this here as a reminder to check my album of the trip. My latest list was pre-hurricane and someone else updated it for me. I cannot seem to find the actual list - but this is a start....also I think I need to find the photo and add it to a link so you can post that as well.

This list had dining and excusions, but I edited that out.

7 DAY MAGIC - DIS SHIP MATES
Last updated October 10, 2005

The Alumni (and travel party)

(4) 4forMickey

(5) Smola09

(5) Favouriteauntie

(6) Choc Marg
awoltoday
Houseforsale

(8) Anastasia

(6) PatzFan Jay

(3) LakeWorthDad

(4) DisNurse

(4) FairyDisMom

(9) Jaypd
Jaysgoofymom

(11) STB on the Beach

(2) Frank2271

(2) Dom 262

(4) Barkley
Barkleys DH

(3) PrincessHaleysMom

(2) Chip&Dale&Fun .

(7) jmcklee

HookedonMagic

Bobsuzla

Ferastu

Old 03-04-2008, 05:54 PM   #12
4campers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awoltoday View Post
Oh, Kauai is killer! Where are you staying? We stayed near the Coconut Marketplace and it was awesome. We had to make almost daily visits to the Guava plantation for more strawberry guava juice (to mix with vodka) - Yum! The helicopter tour we did was fanastic and the catamaran snorkeling deal was pretty darn nice, too. It's just such a laid back island, it's just about perfect for me

I just want to blow the horn on the Magic!
We are staying on the South shore. We got a really nice condo right on the beach with a really great pool.

Doing a catamaran/snorkeling raft trip I'll have to find the Guava Plantation and check it out. I'll have one for you

We can access the Navy Facility on the West coast too. We were hoping to get the cottages over there, but there all booked. But, we can still get on the base and check out there beaches

Old 03-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #13
awoltoday
swabbie

Guava Kai Plantation was the one we visited. I don't remember exactly where it was at, but much closer to the north shore than the south. I remember driving by, or stopping at, the shave ice place in Kapaa alot

We also did an intro dive when we were there. We dove in the same spot that the catamaran snorkel tour took us (Koloa Landing). The dive was more fun 'cause I got to bring a fiancée back to the surface.

I'm still trying to picture the catamaran raft... How does that work?

I think I may need to come with you to show you how to properly make the strawberry-guava drink

Old 03-04-2008, 09:36 PM   #14
4campers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awoltoday View Post
Guava Kai Plantation was the one we visited. I don't remember exactly where it was at, but much closer to the north shore than the south. I remember driving by, or stopping at, the shave ice place in Kapaa alot

We also did an intro dive when we were there. We dove in the same spot that the catamaran snorkel tour took us (Koloa Landing). The dive was more fun 'cause I got to bring a fiancée back to the surface.

I'm still trying to picture the catamaran raft... How does that work?

I think I may need to come with you to show you how to properly make the strawberry-guava drink

I'm SO happy you posted the picture!

Ok, it's just the raft/snorkeling trip, no catamaran

Ohhh, dear, your right, I have no idea how to make a strawberry-guava

Old 03-04-2008, 10:50 PM   #15
awoltoday
swabbie

Quote:
I'm SO happy you posted the picture!

Ok, it's just the raft/snorkeling trip, no catamaran

Ohhh, dear, your right, I have no idea how to make a strawberry-guava
We called it a fuzzy guava or a guava naval depending on how many we had drank.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: