Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2009, 03:29 PM   #1441
ammeador2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliemelo View Post
I hear you on unexpected expenses!! Not what you need before a big vacation. Our car's a/c went out, and after the mechanic inspected it we discovered that someone had hit the front of our car!! It dented in the grill, which dented the a/c condenser, which punched a hole in our radiator. We're looking at $2,000 in repairs. We're hoping our insurance will cover some of it. We have NO idea when or where it happend. In a way, I'm relieved to find out NOW and not when we were driving 1,000 miles to Orlando!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweevil View Post
oh boy.... I am getting so close and how come I am falling into the pit of despair?

Washer died (budget slammer), car just cost me $200 (budget slammer), nothing packed, and a staff peer passed away and another's father passed away & work is really bad.... I needddd to go but the forces are against me. I hope this cosmic crap storm stops today but I don't think I can take it.....

(I keep chanting in my head, I have to go... I have to go....)
I hear you all on the unexpected expenses...and the untimely passing of friends. It really sucks!

I usually love my job! I am a MA in my office and the doctor that I work for wanted us to wear dress clothes..appear to be more professional, unfortunately we are stuck with a spoiled new nurse practioner that just graduate and she's been throwing a fit that we wear dress clothes and steal her thunder! so the main owner of the company had given us 2 days to come up with scrubs! I am not happy! I swear I truly wonder if she has ever worked a day in her life! We too are on limited funds and I have to get new tires for my car before we leave, and now I have to buy stupid scrubs too becuase she's a darn crybaby!
Old 09-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #1442
tikkipoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammeador2 View Post
unfortunately we are stuck with a spoiled new nurse practioner that just graduate and she's been throwing a fit that we wear dress clothes and steal her thunder!
how bizzare Making office employees dress down What a freak.
tikkipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2009, 05:40 PM   #1443
ammeador2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkipoo View Post
how bizzare Making office employees dress down What a freak.

I know I know! I could see whining if I got to wear jeans every day or something..but come on!

Last edited by ammeador2; 09-20-2009 at 06:24 PM.
ammeador2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:08 PM   #1444
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

ten. more. days. that's it that's left to go for us, thank god!

we ran into the shorts issue as well, dh had me buy him some a month ago, then he finally tried them on...tooo small...thankfully i a found my receipt to return and b found some while out grocery shopping last week there was two left in his size. i snagged a pair for me today for ten bucks.

the only thing i have left is to change our money over to us funds. oh well and pack!

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec)
amberg@eastlink.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #1445
DisneyObsessive
DIS Veteran

My best wishes to all you guys dealing with the loss of someone, and also luck to all dealing with budget issues! Hopefully you will come out of everything ok and your trip will be magical nonetheless!

Days Inn- Thanksgiving, 1988
Port Orleans, French Quarters- Christmas, 1998
Hotel Royal Plaza- July to August, 2003
Vistana Villa Resort- July, 2004
Pop Century (one night), Friends home in Tampa- Star Wars Weekends, May to June 2007
Coronado Springs-January 2009
Pop Century- October 2009
DisneyObsessive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #1446
tkitty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
12 more days!!! 12 more days!!

I am almost in single digits!!
Yes, Yes, Yes!!! only have to work 8 more days....
Grew up near DL-Disneyland grad nite jr hi 1973-High school 1976 *1999 Land & Sea pkg - Contemporary/Disney*2005 First Disneyland trip with Grandson*2006 WDW Aug. POFQ*2008 Disneyland trip (first for granddaugter)*WDW-OKW & ASMu Oct 2009*Best DL trip ever May 2010* 1st MHP-DL! Oct 2011* OKW/POFQ Grandkids trip Oct 2012

tkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:07 PM   #1447
tkitty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hear you all on the unexpected expenses...and the untimely passing of friends. It really sucks!

I usually love my job! I am a MA in my office and the doctor that I work for wanted us to wear dress clothes..appear to be more professional, unfortunately we are stuck with a spoiled new nurse practioner that just graduate and she's been throwing a fit that we wear dress clothes and steal her thunder! so the main owner of the company had given us 2 days to come up with scrubs! I am not happy! I swear I truly wonder if she has ever worked a day in her life! We too are on limited funds and I have to get new tires for my car before we leave, and now I have to buy stupid scrubs too becuase she's a darn crybaby!
Don't these people know you need every penny for WDW? I had to go out and get all new work clothes and shoes last month for a promotion that I got, and my raise barely made a difference on my paycheck, not like I thought . Darn those taxes!

Dis you check WalMart for scrubs? Some actually have a good selection, and cute prints. And of course the price is right.
Grew up near DL-Disneyland grad nite jr hi 1973-High school 1976 *1999 Land & Sea pkg - Contemporary/Disney*2005 First Disneyland trip with Grandson*2006 WDW Aug. POFQ*2008 Disneyland trip (first for granddaugter)*WDW-OKW & ASMu Oct 2009*Best DL trip ever May 2010* 1st MHP-DL! Oct 2011* OKW/POFQ Grandkids trip Oct 2012

tkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #1448
bobbiejell
Earning My Ears

We arrive in the World on the 29th of October
bobbiejell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #1449
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

Ok, if someone could slow down the calendar "just a bit" I'd really appreciate it! Time is moving WAY too fast for me. I've been trying with the daily goals, but somehow I feel really behind.

This week I have to get the autograph book, planner updated, and tshirts made! I hope it all just falls into place and I can then just do the little things, like decide which backpack to take. LOL!
poohbear8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #1450
ammeador2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkitty View Post
Don't these people know you need every penny for WDW? I had to go out and get all new work clothes and shoes last month for a promotion that I got, and my raise barely made a difference on my paycheck, not like I thought . Darn those taxes!

Dis you check WalMart for scrubs? Some actually have a good selection, and cute prints. And of course the price is right.
The pants at walmart..the smalls are too big yet too short and the mediums are way to big but closer to the right length. I got some the office gave us 100 bucks I was able to get 3 pairs of pants for 70 bucks! Insane! But I figure that I will wear a plain t-shirt with them..and I spoke to the dr i work for and he said that we will be back into dress clothes before we know it..so I am hoping he is right..
Old 09-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #1451
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The pants at walmart..the smalls are too big yet too short and the mediums are way to big but closer to the right length. I got some the office gave us 100 bucks I was able to get 3 pairs of pants for 70 bucks! Insane! But I figure that I will wear a plain t-shirt with them..and I spoke to the dr i work for and he said that we will be back into dress clothes before we know it..so I am hoping he is right..
Sad, that is such a waste of money! (if you are back in dress clothes...what will you do with the scrubs?) I hope it works out for you in the end.
poohbear8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:09 PM   #1452
Swimmergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkipoo View Post
Last night, I had a dream that I came into work, and there was this huge "Ode to Lou Mongello" picture collage hung on the wall. I was cracking up, but no on else in the office got it. I wasn't sure who would have done it, then Matt Hotchberg comes into the office. He was our new IT guy. Then I tried to log on and he had messed up my computer the night before and all I could access was my Disney websites.
Oh my goodness that's funny!

Aug 1996 - Dixie Landings, Jul 2002 - WL & Disney Wonder (Honeymoon!!), Jul 2003 - CR (1st Anniversary!), May 2005 - Poly, May 2006 - POR/SSR/Poly (Mother's Day Suprise!), Jun 2007 - Disneyland, Apr 2008 - WL & Disney Wonder, Oct 2008 - OKW, Oct 2009 - Offsite, Jul 2010 - POR, Jun 2011 - BLT, Dec 2011 - OKW, Aug 2012 - OKW & Disney Dream, Jun 2013 - BLT, Aug 2014 - AKV & Disney Fantasy
Swimmergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:53 PM   #1453
ILuvJimny
Mouseketeer

An October Trip to the World..

Hey! I just found this thread and wanted to say hello! DS15 and I are headed to Florida in 15 days on October 5th. His friend is coming along so there will be the three of us. We'll spend 4 days with the free Quick Service Dining at Pop Century, including a couple days at the parks and MNSSHP on the 8th. On the 9th, we are doing a 3 day RCL (unfortunately not DCL because they are in dry dock then) cruise from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas. Then we will spend the last 2 nights at Old Key West on rented points and venture to Busch Gardens Tampa, then one last day at WDW.

We are really looking forward to a nice fall break from the boys' school and to exploring the parks in October!
Old 09-20-2009, 11:19 PM   #1454
penni520
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiejell View Post
We arrive in the World on the 29th of October
I also check in on the 29th Did my online check in this past Saturday. Will be staying at the Pop Century, where will you all be staying at. I leave on Oct 6th, One week is just not enought to at my 2nd home.

Off property - 1972,1988 & 2010. Pop Century 2008, 2009 &2015
penni520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:11 AM   #1455
tikkipoo
DIS Veteran

I cannot believe that some of you are down to single digits

I finally found something I had been searching out all summer. Last night, in my hunt for disposable waterproof cameras, I found waterproof id holders that go around you neck. I have been searching for just the perfect one (DH is so picky).

Goal for this week...make a list of my goals for following weeks.
tikkipoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: