Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-11-2009, 04:25 PM   #601
lacy1101
DIS Veteran
 
lacy1101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: South Central Kentucky
Posts: 1,697

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkAsh2001 View Post
WOW...I am in Henderson, KY and we will be in Disney at the same time and at the MNSSHP on the 6th!
Here's another Kentuckian there the first week of October (2-11) - and we're staying at AS Sports!
__________________

Oct. ‘94 Caribbean Beach * Oct. ‘99 All-Star Music * Oct. ’02 All-Star Movies * Oct. ‘05 Pop Century * March ‘08 NSBA Conf. w/DH (2 days off property) * August '08 Pop Century * October ‘09 All-Star Sports * November '10 Caribbean Beach; * Sept. '11 Pop Century * November '11 Wilderness Lodge * November '12 POFQ * October '13 AKV Jambo House 25th Anniversary Trip * November '13 Coronado Springs * October '14 Caribbean Beach (to visit daughter in DCP) * December '14 Wilderness Lodge (Christmas w/daughter in DCP)
lacy1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #602
tygerlilly27
tygerlilly27
 
tygerlilly27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: mobile alabama
Posts: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoregon View Post
Howdy October folks! I had emergency surgery on the 4th of July (yes, that was my 90 day ADR day and I obviously missed it ) and have been out of the loop.

What's new? How are everyone's ADR's coming along?

Here is what I reserved yesterday:

Oct. 2 Cape May Buffet dinner
Oct. 3 Lilo and Stitch 'Ohana breakfast
October 4 'Ohana dinner
October 5 Sci-fi Diner dinner
October 6 'Ohana dinner (yes we like 'Ohanas that much!)
October 7 Boma AKL dinner
October 8 T-Rex DTD dinner
October 9 Yak & Yeti dinner

I am getting sooooo excited and now that I am housebound for a few weeks I can spend even more time on the DISboards! We check out on October 9 and will stay off property by Universal for a few nights...11 years later and we are FINALLY going to another theme park !!

hope you get to feeling better. your ADR's look great to me too! we will be there the 3rd-10th. maybe we will bump into each other
__________________
Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever." ~ Walt Disney

(me-Amber) (DH-Brad)(DS-Dale) (DD-Carsyn)and of course (Chip the wonder mutt!!)
tygerlilly27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #603
tinkerbell_xo
Mouseketeer
 
tinkerbell_xo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lyn, Ontario
Posts: 130

__________________
ME(26)
DBF(31)
DBFD(5)
WDW x15 -> CBR, POR, POFQ, ASMu, ASMo, ASSp, POP, and offsite (We stayed at these resorts numerous times)
DCA x1 -> offsite

Last edited by tinkerbell_xo; 09-07-2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: cancelled our trip =(
tinkerbell_xo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:48 PM   #604
ammeador2
DIS Veteran
 
ammeador2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indiana too far from Disney..
Posts: 707

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkAsh2001 View Post
WOW...I am in Henderson, KY and we will be in Disney at the same time and at the MNSSHP on the 6th!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacy1101 View Post
Here's another Kentuckian there the first week of October (2-11) - and we're staying at AS Sports!

It's a small world after all..Sorry couldn't resist!
__________________
ammeador2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #605
two*little*birds
LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!
 
two*little*birds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brooklin, Ontario
Posts: 1,158

Can someone tell me where to find the hours?

We'll be there from October 18-28th

Thanks!
__________________
2007 ~ CONTEMPORARY (September 9th - 16th)
2008 ~ WINDSOR HILLS (November 9th - 21st)
2009 ~ WINDSOR HILLS (October 18th - 28th)
2010 ~ WINDSOR PALMS (November 4th - 18th)
2011 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 9th - 23rd)
2012 ~ INDIAN CREEK (October 7th - 21st)
2015 ~ VOW RENEWAL (TBD)
two*little*birds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #606
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder
 
eeyoregon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 5,328

[QUOTE=lacy1101;32665877]Alot of people have been having a hard time getting Ohanas once, and you got it twice - that's awesome!

[QUOTE]


Well, we LIKE the late ressies as we are on West Coast time so a 9:00pm dinner ressie is like eating at 6:00pm on our body clocks. I bet I would have been out of luck if I wanted something between 5:00 and 8:00.

Thanks for the get well wishes. Not exactly how I thought I would spend my 4th of July. The funny thing is I started getting sick just before midnight last Friday night. I was in severe pain and yet in true DIS fashion I looked up at the clock and said out loud, "Gosh darn it! I only have to wait 3 more hours and I can make my ADR's!! I wish the pain could hold off a bit longer!!" Ended up I had a surprise hernia and part of my small bowel had gone inside the hole and was being constricted, which explained the lovely non-stop vomiting ! 4 hours of surgery and 5 nights in the hospital and I am ready to go to DISNEY WORLD!!!

Looks like we will have lot's of company at the Sports! We are going to try for a room in the basketball building per my son's request.

Gina
__________________
Me 42 (Gina) , DS 20 (Hayden) , DS 17 (Jensen)
eeyoregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:06 PM   #607
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder
 
eeyoregon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 5,328

Quote:
Originally Posted by two*little*birds View Post
Can someone tell me where to find the hours?

We'll be there from October 18-28th

Thanks!
Go to Disneyworld.com and click on planning and then park hours and enter your arrival date and it will show you the hours for the next 10 days.
__________________
Me 42 (Gina) , DS 20 (Hayden) , DS 17 (Jensen)
eeyoregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:12 PM   #608
tikkipoo
DIS Veteran
 
tikkipoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,225

I'm thinking of waiting to buy my MNSSHP tickets until I get down there. Is this total insanity?
__________________
Tikkipoo
October 2003 & 2005 & 2009 Port Orleans Riverside
April 2004 & 2007 Daytona Beach - IOA/UA/SW
tikkipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #609
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder
 
eeyoregon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 5,328

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkipoo View Post
I'm thinking of waiting to buy my MNSSHP tickets until I get down there. Is this total insanity?
Not insane as long as you are Ok with the chance that tickets could sell out . I am on the fence about attending as my boys are 13 and 16 and it would mostly be for ME that we would attend but $150 is a big chunk of money!
__________________
Me 42 (Gina) , DS 20 (Hayden) , DS 17 (Jensen)
eeyoregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #610
jhpatrick1
Mouseketeer
 
jhpatrick1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 231

Anyone know where the hours for the parades, fireworks, and fantasmic are on the disney website? I looked all over last night and only found the actual park hours. TIA.
__________________




October 2007~All Star Sports
November 2008~CBR
October 2009~Port Orleans Riverside
October 2010~Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 ~ Port Orleans Riverside
jhpatrick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:38 PM   #611
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran
 
amberg@eastlink.ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: timberlea, ns
Posts: 2,100

if you click on the individual days of your trip, most but not all daily thigns are listed. mk the parades arent but i think it is for hs. i think the better of the two is the travel agent website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhpatrick1 View Post
Anyone know where the hours for the parades, fireworks, and fantasmic are on the disney website? I looked all over last night and only found the actual park hours. TIA.
__________________
amber allan lorelei (7) bradley (5) natalie (08/30/12) mischief jazzie

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec)
amberg@eastlink.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #612
lacy1101
DIS Veteran
 
lacy1101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: South Central Kentucky
Posts: 1,697

[QUOTE=eeyoregon;32667743][QUOTE=lacy1101;32665877]Alot of people have been having a hard time getting Ohanas once, and you got it twice - that's awesome!

Quote:

Thanks for the get well wishes. Not exactly how I thought I would spend my 4th of July. The funny thing is I started getting sick just before midnight last Friday night. I was in severe pain and yet in true DIS fashion I looked up at the clock and said out loud, "Gosh darn it! I only have to wait 3 more hours and I can make my ADR's!! I wish the pain could hold off a bit longer!!" Ended up I had a surprise hernia and part of my small bowel had gone inside the hole and was being constricted, which explained the lovely non-stop vomiting ! 4 hours of surgery and 5 nights in the hospital and I am ready to go to DISNEY WORLD!!!

Looks like we will have lot's of company at the Sports! We are going to try for a room in the basketball building per my son's request.

Gina

Only a fellow DISer can understand where you're coming from on this!

Not that we're big football fans (heck, I'm actually not a fan of sports period!), but if left up to me, I'm thinking of requesting the Touchdown section as I've heard its practically as close to the bus stop/food court as the preferred rooms (Surf's Up, I think), but you don't have to pay the extra price.
__________________

Oct. ‘94 Caribbean Beach * Oct. ‘99 All-Star Music * Oct. ’02 All-Star Movies * Oct. ‘05 Pop Century * March ‘08 NSBA Conf. w/DH (2 days off property) * August '08 Pop Century * October ‘09 All-Star Sports * November '10 Caribbean Beach; * Sept. '11 Pop Century * November '11 Wilderness Lodge * November '12 POFQ * October '13 AKV Jambo House 25th Anniversary Trip * November '13 Coronado Springs * October '14 Caribbean Beach (to visit daughter in DCP) * December '14 Wilderness Lodge (Christmas w/daughter in DCP)
lacy1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:54 PM   #613
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder
 
eeyoregon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 5,328

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacy1101 View Post
Not that we're big football fans (heck, I'm actually not a fan of sports period!), but if left up to me, I'm thinking of requesting the Touchdown section as I've heard its practically as close to the bus stop/food court as the preferred rooms (Surf's Up, I think), but you don't have to pay the extra price.
One tip re: the Touchdown building. Ask for a room NOT facing the "football" field. I had friends that had a room that overlooked the field and the constant noise from people playing on it at all hours, even though there were signs asking you to be quiet after 10:00, made them switch rooms. Plus there were actual high school football teams staying there who held mini-practices on it at the crack of dawn!!
__________________
Me 42 (Gina) , DS 20 (Hayden) , DS 17 (Jensen)
eeyoregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:07 PM   #614
lacy1101
DIS Veteran
 
lacy1101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: South Central Kentucky
Posts: 1,697

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoregon View Post
One tip re: the Touchdown building. Ask for a room NOT facing the "football" field. I had friends that had a room that overlooked the field and the constant noise from people playing on it at all hours, even though there were signs asking you to be quiet after 10:00, made them switch rooms. Plus there were actual high school football teams staying there who held mini-practices on it at the crack of dawn!!
Thanks for the tip!
__________________

Oct. ‘94 Caribbean Beach * Oct. ‘99 All-Star Music * Oct. ’02 All-Star Movies * Oct. ‘05 Pop Century * March ‘08 NSBA Conf. w/DH (2 days off property) * August '08 Pop Century * October ‘09 All-Star Sports * November '10 Caribbean Beach; * Sept. '11 Pop Century * November '11 Wilderness Lodge * November '12 POFQ * October '13 AKV Jambo House 25th Anniversary Trip * November '13 Coronado Springs * October '14 Caribbean Beach (to visit daughter in DCP) * December '14 Wilderness Lodge (Christmas w/daughter in DCP)
lacy1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:46 AM   #615
tikkipoo
DIS Veteran
 
tikkipoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,225

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoregon View Post
Not insane as long as you are Ok with the chance that tickets could sell out . I am on the fence about attending as my boys are 13 and 16 and it would mostly be for ME that we would attend but $150 is a big chunk of money!
My thinking is, if it is sold out, I probably don't want to be there that night anyhow.

You're boys still want to go to Disney! DH keeps telling me that this is the last year that DD11 will want anything to do with it. We must go to "the place that must not be named"from now on. Boy, does he have another thing comin'!
__________________
Tikkipoo
October 2003 & 2005 & 2009 Port Orleans Riverside
April 2004 & 2007 Daytona Beach - IOA/UA/SW
tikkipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CHRISTMAS VACATION (The Trip, Not the Movie): 12/19 - We're back, TR link on p. 25 annnewjerz Completed Trip Reports 369 12-19-2009 06:19 PM
October 2009 ADR Wanted/Trade/Exchange/Canceled Tricia1972 Disney Restaurants 858 09-13-2009 04:53 PM
Jon and Kate Plus 8 Official Thread - Part 5 newtodis Community Board 3737 08-14-2009 09:24 PM
The What's For Dinner Thread - May '09(recipe index in OP) TigerKat Community Board 3231 08-02-2009 12:39 PM
What's your accent? *spin off of mis pronunciation thread* CathrynRose Community Board 114 07-26-2009 09:27 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.