Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2009, 11:39 PM   #196
AngelBabyJana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimer10 View Post
Hi everyone!!
My family and I are going to WDW Oct. 3-Oct.10 staying at POP. I absolutely cannot wait, we have talked about it for years but my daughter had some health issues then my husband did. But thank the Lord above everyone is doing fine and we booked our trip.
This will be our first trip and we are surprising the kids DS (11) and DD (7). It is actually a surprise birthday present, we will be down there for their birthdays and our anniversary (13 years). I am very new to disboards but I am already addicted!! I am so excited and I'm already having a hard time keeping the secret, it will really be hard when we get close to going.
I just wanted to say "Hi" and welcome to the DISboards. Your right, the DIS can be very addicting! I'm glad to hear that the health problems are in the past - you have a lot to celebrate on your first trip! We are also planning our first trip to Disney, staying at POP the exact dates as you ..... looks like we have a lot in common. Have fun planning your first trip - you will find so much info here on the DIS. Are you going to MNSSHP?

Also "Hello" to all the other new October planners! I don't know about all of you but I am still counting down the days until July so I can't start finalizing some of our plans. We're thinking about going to MNSSHP on October 8th. Hopefully we will have our airfare booked this coming week ..... it is hard when you are planning for a group of 11 ...... getting everyone to agree that this is the best price, what time to leave, what airline, etc.... I just want it booked! (Yes, I need to work on my patience! lol)
Old 05-09-2009, 03:36 AM   #197
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomforLife View Post
We will be at WDW from October 8 - 12 for Columbus Day for MNSSHP!!!

Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelle22 View Post
Just a little update...we booked MNSSHP for October 9th!! So excited! I can't wait until the October hours come out
Same night as me! I can't wait either!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha_L View Post
I made a change, I had to downgrade our resort from POR to POP but I added another day! It was a choice between another day and MNSSHP or staying at POR...I chose POP! LOL! Our MNSSHP date is Oct 6th!
Totally worth it to add a day AND MNSSHP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLuc361 View Post
Headed down for a girls only trip October 14th - 18th!! Can't wait. The hubby is burned out on Disney so my girlfriend and I are going!! yay! Probably going to MNSSHP on the 15th. Never been to the party before so I am looking forward to it!
I'd love to do a girls trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefNerd View Post
Just called for MNSSHP tix for Halloween 10/31! Our 8th year in a row on Halloween night. Woo hoo!
Awesome! It must be extra fun on the proper night!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowesChevy View Post
I am really getting excited. I called Friday for MNSSHP tickets and at 12 PM the wait was 30 minutes. I had to add a day to our reservation anyhow so I called the reservations line and the CM sold me the tickets then, that was pretty sweet.

We will be staying at the Polynesian and attending MNSSHP on October 6th.
Wow! Lucky! Enjoy the Poly ! What are the dates of your vacation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustergirl View Post
We are staying at AS Sports 10/2/10/6, first trip for the whole family in 3 years!! (free dining of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommykds View Post
Hi!

I ordered my MNSSHP tickets for our family of 5 for Halloween night! We have been to MNSSHP before but never on Halloween!!! We are so excited!!!

Staying at the Contemporary 10/28-11/2. We are also celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary.
Wow! What a magical trip!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimer10 View Post
Hi everyone!!
My family and I are going to WDW Oct. 3-Oct.10 staying at POP. I absolutely cannot wait, we have talked about it for years but my daughter had some health issues then my husband did. But thank the Lord above everyone is doing fine and we booked our trip.
This will be our first trip and we are surprising the kids DS (11) and DD (7). It is actually a surprise birthday present, we will be down there for their birthdays and our anniversary (13 years). I am very new to disboards but I am already addicted!! I am so excited and I'm already having a hard time keeping the secret, it will really be hard when we get close to going.
Awww, how wonderful! Do you know how you're gonna tell them? I'm awful with exciting secrets! Welcome to the DIS addiction!!

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2009, 03:38 AM   #198
torsie24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBabyJana View Post
I don't know about all of you but I am still counting down the days until July so I can't start finalizing some of our plans. We're thinking about going to MNSSHP on October 8th. Hopefully we will have our airfare booked this coming week ..... it is hard when you are planning for a group of 11 ...... getting everyone to agree that this is the best price, what time to leave, what airline, etc.... I just want it booked! (Yes, I need to work on my patience! lol)
I think I'm actually counting down July more than October at the minute!!!

EEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I need to plan!!!!!!!!

Added your date to the MNHSSHP list - let me know if it changes

Group of 11?! I'm getting stressed and there's just 2 of us!

Old 05-09-2009, 06:24 AM   #199
tikkipoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post
I think I'm actually counting down July more than October at the minute!!!

EEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I need to plan!!!!!!!!
Ditto!
Having trouble planning too. I am stuck until the hours come out. I think I have my days pretty much planned, MNSSHP date set, but with F! only going on part time!

The TOT 13K is going on while we are there. Anyone know how that effects DS?
tikkipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:55 AM   #200
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

We are going Oct 24-Nov 1. We are staying at the Poly GVCL and we are sooooo excited!! We are taking my parents along and have many surprises in stor for them. CL is one of them along with an Illuminations cruise... We are going to the MNSSHP on the 27th.
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 16 DS 13 DD 11 Sebastian 5
mickey2minnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #201
torsie24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2minnie1 View Post
We are going Oct 24-Nov 1. We are staying at the Poly GVCL and we are sooooo excited!! We are taking my parents along and have many surprises in stor for them. CL is one of them along with an Illuminations cruise... We are going to the MNSSHP on the 27th.
Wow! Your trip sounds amazing!!

Old 05-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #202
Leitadala
Mouseketeer

We're staying at Pop Oct 3-10 for our 3yr anniversary. We have our MNSSHP tix for the 9th!
Leitadala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #203
torsie24

Welcome to the thread - happy planning! Same MNSSHP date as me too!

Old 05-10-2009, 07:30 PM   #204
ekidwell0001
Always thinking about DISNEY!

Hello all! First off, let me start by saying i am sooooooo excited to be going to Disney this year! My parents, and DBF all really, really, wanted to go on a cruise with carnival Things like this do not interest me! BUT! I have made a deal! We're all still going on the cruise, but DBF and I are going on a short 6 night 7 day trip in early october since the cruise is in august!!!! YAYYYYY!!!!!! I will definetly be taking advantage of the Free Dining again this year so im looking at sept 26-3 or oct 3-10. My birthday is on oct.12th but it looks like we're going to miss it by just a hair! shucks! Anywho, happy planning to all! And i may be asking questions about the new ADR system! Has anyone used it yet???

Me (Liz) DH (Dustin)

Engaged at WDW Sept. 14th 2010!!
Married 3-24-12!
ekidwell0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:50 PM   #205
harriettb
Mouseketeer

Just booked October 21-26 camping at The Fort. We've been to Disney many times, but never camped so I'm super excited about this trip!

We surprised our granddaughters with their first ever trip to Disney as a Christmas gift...the trip was in January of this year....and since we were able to take advantage of the special military ticket offer, we have two days left to use. We've never been to AK, so that's a definite for this trip and then we'll probably do some park hopping to hit our favorite rides and just enjoy the campground. We have a camping trip already planned for the week of July 4th and my 4 year old granddaughter already has her bags packed for it....if she starts packing for Disney now she won't have anything left to wear!
harriettb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:43 PM   #206
Swimmergirl
Mouseketeer

Count me in!

Count us in for Oct 24-31! We're staying offsite in a vacation home since we'll have 10 people traveling. We're taking my husband's parents, his siblings and their families. It will be our 7th trip, but everyone else's first. Should be interesting planning for such a diverse group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne2675 View Post
We will be using the deal for the Military tickets. We wouldn't have been able to come for at least another year if they didn't come out with the special tickets.
We're headed to WDW with the military tickets too! Weren't planning on coming back so soon, but it was the perfect excuse to celebrate hubby's return from deployment!

We went last year at the same time. The weather was really nice aside from one very chilly (record low-setting) day. The crowds weren't too bad either!

Aug 1996 - Dixie Landings, Jul 2002 - WL & Disney Wonder (Honeymoon!!), Jul 2003 - CR (1st Anniversary!), May 2005 - Poly, May 2006 - POR/SSR/Poly (Mother's Day Suprise!), Jun 2007 - Disneyland, Apr 2008 - WL & Disney Wonder, Oct 2008 - OKW, Oct 2009 - Offsite, Jul 2010 - POR, Jun 2011 - BLT, Dec 2011 - OKW, Aug 2012 - OKW & Disney Dream, Jun 2013 - BLT
Swimmergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #207
harriettb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmergirl View Post
Count us in for Oct 24-31! We're staying offsite in a vacation home since we'll have 10 people traveling. We're taking my husband's parents, his siblings and their families. It will be our 7th trip, but everyone else's first. Should be interesting planning for such a diverse group!

We're headed to WDW with the military tickets too! Weren't planning on coming back so soon, but it was the perfect excuse to celebrate hubby's return from deployment!

We went last year at the same time. The weather was really nice aside from one very chilly (record low-setting) day. The crowds weren't too bad either!
Good news about the weather! We've never been in October, but we're from Georgia so I'm sure the weather is similar to ours. I hadn't even considered MNSSHP when I made the reservations....now we have to think about whether we are going to add it to the itinerary.
harriettb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:06 PM   #208
Swimmergirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by harriettb View Post
Good news about the weather! We've never been in October, but we're from Georgia so I'm sure the weather is similar to ours. I hadn't even considered MNSSHP when I made the reservations....now we have to think about whether we are going to add it to the itinerary.
We live in Texas, so the weather was pretty comfortable for us, though Orlando gets more humidity. The cold day wasn't really TOO cold - maybe a high in the low 60's, but we hadn't had any cool weather at home so it was a shock to the system!

Aug 1996 - Dixie Landings, Jul 2002 - WL & Disney Wonder (Honeymoon!!), Jul 2003 - CR (1st Anniversary!), May 2005 - Poly, May 2006 - POR/SSR/Poly (Mother's Day Suprise!), Jun 2007 - Disneyland, Apr 2008 - WL & Disney Wonder, Oct 2008 - OKW, Oct 2009 - Offsite, Jul 2010 - POR, Jun 2011 - BLT, Dec 2011 - OKW, Aug 2012 - OKW & Disney Dream, Jun 2013 - BLT
Swimmergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #209
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

We have a large Pop Century Countdown: What Will You Celebrate thread going. It includes a chronological list of disers and their travel dates. Hope some of you will join us. Here's the link. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2033980

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #210
blue-skies
Earning My Ears

We're also staying at Pop Oct 4-10 for our 1st trip to WDW. It's also our first vacation together! We have our MNSSHP tix for the 9th! Pretty excited and wishing July was here for the park hours
blue-skies is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: