Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #1471
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Honestly, I think people are going overboard with the swine flu. It's all you hear about on the news and people are just panicking. The media seems to be making it out to be about 100x worse than it actually is.

That was pretty dumb of the bug guy. Why couldn't he just leave it alone?

Old 04-29-2009, 02:21 PM   #1472
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post
Please let me vent for a second???

I'm so aggravated! Just last night a Mourning Dove laid an egg in a nest in a flower box on our porch. Perfect, safe location. Right outside a stained glass window in our house, we could see into the nest without going outside and scaring the bird.

Anyway...so she just laid the egg last night. She sat there all night and was still there this morning, one dedicated mama. Today our bug guy came to spray the outside bottom portion of our house. He removed the nest and egg! I can't believe he'd do that! Why would he disturb the next with an egg in it? That's not a pest!!

I just searched my yard and found the egg. I put it back into the flower box (without touching it) but I feel like the damage was already done and she's gone now and will want nothing to do with it. I'm so mad and sad.
Some people just don't think before they do stuff. I would be mad too!

While we're venting, I'll take my turn.

So, my sister in law is due any day now with the baby. My mom, stepdad, mommom and stepgrandfather are all on a 2 week cruise. My mom told my brother and sil over and over that she wants to know when she goes to the hospital...call her cell & leave a message, email her, something. They insist they won't do it b/c the baby will be there when they get home, they aren't going to bother her on vacation, blah blah blah. I told them to let me know too. Here's the thing...they won't and I know it. They will call their "couple friends" first, Keith & Shelly, the SIL's mother and that's it. They won't call me. In fact, I won't know anything until Jacoby is already here more than likely. Even then, I won't be the first or even 2nd call I'm sure. This bugs me...big time. In fact, it pisses me off. My mom is hurt b/c of the way they acted about it before she left and honestly, so am I.

I've offered to keep the baby when SIL has to go back to work, not for free (I have to make a little $$ sheesh(, but for a lot less than they'd pay a daycare. Instead, their friend is trying to get her husband to let her open a daycare and if she does, they are taking him there. I admit it, I have issues with this. I'm super excited about them finally having a baby, I can't wait to meet my nephew and I know that their friends will see him more than any of us will.

So, that's my vent for the day.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2009, 02:52 PM   #1473
walkerag
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh24fan View Post
I've offered to keep the baby when SIL has to go back to work, not for free (I have to make a little $$ sheesh(, but for a lot less than they'd pay a daycare. Instead, their friend is trying to get her husband to let her open a daycare and if she does, they are taking him there. I admit it, I have issues with this. I'm super excited about them finally having a baby, I can't wait to meet my nephew and I know that their friends will see him more than any of us will.

So, that's my vent for the day.
I would be irritated by this too! It doesn't make sense to me..
Why send your newborn to a daycare and expose them to all of the illness that kids carry around when a family member has offered to keep your child at their home
I had no choice in the matter, we had to go with daycare but if I did have the choice I can assure you my baby would not go to daycare
Old 04-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #1474
michael's mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kte28 View Post
Hi ladies!

No idea where that K is from. All the other letters are obvious Boston landmarks. Someone did mention in that thread that it could be from the King's Bowladrome in Boston, which is a solid possibility. But it would have to be the OLD King's sign. Definitely not from the new.
I have missed way too many pages to catch up while on vacation (and yes, we had a terrific time!) but are you talking about the K that was on the big screen at the concert when they used fonts significant to Boston to spell out NKOTB? If so, the K is the strike out sign that they use at the Red Sox games...but if now, I don't know. I am really just grasping here

DH Me DS DD Chloe Louie
1980-1989 many times at Polynesian;1990, 1993, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2002 CBR;2004 CBR Honeymoon;2007 CBR Baby's 1st trip; 2009 Grand Gathering at POR;
2011 Wedding and Grand Gathering at our home...CBR Pirate style; 2013 CBR Baby's 1st trip
Old 04-29-2009, 04:33 PM   #1475
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Erin - I'm sorry. To not call people when you are headed to the hospital is kind of weird to me, I mean you've specifically requested that they fill you in basically so you can get all excited about the baby coming. It sounds to me like your SIL just likes to be in control. Bummer about the day care thing too. That makes no sense whatsoever.

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 04-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #1476
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Your SIL sounds like my SIL. Has to do everything on her terms, her way, her timeframe, etc. No consideration of other people's feelings.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #1477
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Ok Melody, let's make a deal! If I win Jordan's contest (and we all know I will right?) I'll take you. You win, you take me! Deal?

OMG how exciting would that be to win that?

Old 04-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #1478
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Just sent in my entry for JK's contest. Anyone else enter?
Old 04-29-2009, 07:52 PM   #1479
back4more OH
Mouseketeer

I got my entry in. WOW could you even imagine winning that.
June 82-Offsite (1st trip), Dec 96-Jan 97-POFQ (Honeymoon), Dec 98-Jan 99-BWI, Nov 99-CSR, Dec 00-WL, Oct 01-WL, Oct 02-Poly, Oct 03-ASM, Oct 04-Pop (5 months pregnant), Oct 05-POFQ (DS 1st trip), Dec 06-POFQ, July 07-Disneyland, Nov 07-POFQ, Sept 08-POFQ, Dec 09-WL, Dec 10-POFQ, March 11-POR, Oct 11-POP, Dec 12-POFQ
Old 04-29-2009, 08:32 PM   #1480
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

I hope you girls win!!!!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 04-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #1481
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerag View Post
I would be irritated by this too! It doesn't make sense to me..
Why send your newborn to a daycare and expose them to all of the illness that kids carry around when a family member has offered to keep your child at their home
I had no choice in the matter, we had to go with daycare but if I did have the choice I can assure you my baby would not go to daycare
By the time the baby goes to the daycare he will be about 4 or 4 1/2 months old...she is a teacher and will have the summer off. But still....its kind of like I'm not good enough KWIM?

Old 04-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #1482
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post
Erin - I'm sorry. To not call people when you are headed to the hospital is kind of weird to me, I mean you've specifically requested that they fill you in basically so you can get all excited about the baby coming. It sounds to me like your SIL just likes to be in control. Bummer about the day care thing too. That makes no sense whatsoever.
That's exactly what it is Shelby. She and my brother are odd sometimes. LOL They are very into themselves and their friends. Family is not at the top of the priority list. I don't get it.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:57 PM   #1483
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd

I just finished my entry for the contest. I won't win, but I did it anyway. LOL

Old 04-29-2009, 09:46 PM   #1484
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

How many entries do you think they will get for this contest? Being just continental US helps... I feel sorry for the person who has to read them all and choose a winner by Friday!
Old 04-29-2009, 10:26 PM   #1485
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

I think Donnie might be reading our thread. He started posting "real" tweets tonight! Are you out there Donnie? Are you lurking?!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: