Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:55 AM   #1456
jenny105
DIS Veteran

to our little home here on the DIS!

I'm going to see them June 6 and June 13. I can't wait either!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 04-29-2009, 10:06 AM   #1457
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmelo View Post
Karen, you should come over and we can make a goth video together!
Oooo if we had more time! That'd be so fun!

That stinks about the video, Heather. Thanks for the twitter tip.

I haven't watched 90210 from last night so I skimmed those posts. It's getting to where I can't even look at Annie and her squinty face all the time. She has the same expression for every emotion! I loved Tori Spelling on there last week!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2009, 10:11 AM   #1458
JennM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbadabbadoo View Post
Hi everyone! I am just now subbing to this thread! And I wanted to announce that NKOTB is coming to Memphis (Mud Island) on July 9! I am going with my 2 best friends from college! Can't wait!
Hi! I'm hoping to go to the Memphis show also - I was thinking it was July 2, though? Have tickets gone on sale anywhere yet? There isn't even an on-sale date posted for the VIP packages, which is odd to me.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:52 AM   #1459
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Melrose Place, huh? I loved Billy on that show. When you first mentioned it I wasn't all that interested but I'll be honest...I'll follow Mr Matthews ANYWHERE he goes. He is HOT HOT HOT! Good guy hot! LOVE him!!

Sydney is coming back? Yeah, I thought she was dead too. Who knows.

I did watch last night and found Naomi to be so annoying, as usual. It's funny when I first started watching I couldn't stand that Adrianna girl (however you spell that)...now I love her.

Did you see the end with Naomi's sister and Ethan? I can only imagine the drama that will cause!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 04-29-2009, 11:05 AM   #1460
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I was a big Michael Mancini fan. Everybody hated him but he was just so interesting!

I'm pretty sure Sydney was hit by a car. I wonder what cliche they will use to say that she's still alive. Will Melrose of old all be a dream?

It's funny because the whole episode I was like 'Where's Ethan?' Uh oh!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 04-29-2009, 11:13 AM   #1461
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

I loved melrose! Confused by the whole Sydney thing

Is anyone here going to the Today Show next Friday? I just found really good airfare to NYC and wouldn't mind going to see my sister again. Hmmmm... decisions, decisons!
Old 04-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #1462
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

I gave it some thought but decided against it, we don't need to spend the money and it would certainly require staying over in NY the night before, you'd have to get there at the crack of dawn!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 04-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #1463
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I don't live too far from NYC, it's an easy train ride but I don't want to stay on the street overnight. People camp out to get a decent view. I'll pass.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 04-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #1464
kte28
Mouseketeer

Hi ladies!

No idea where that K is from. All the other letters are obvious Boston landmarks. Someone did mention in that thread that it could be from the King's Bowladrome in Boston, which is a solid possibility. But it would have to be the OLD King's sign. Definitely not from the new.

Heather, so glad the Lia party went well! Sad that your friend couldn't make it, though. I'm sure the video would have been great.

No Today show for me. Between the day I'm taking Monday due to Donnie's party the night before and the upcoming cruise, I just can't swing the time. Especially with the uber tight deadline I'm on to get all the audits in the plan done by June 30. Eek!

I hope I don't have any problems with the cruise to be quite honest. This whole stupid swine flu thing makes me wish pigs never existed. Carnival is only cancelling stops in Mexico, so the cruise is definitely still on, but it makes me think it won't be the same. There are 30 passengers going that are from Mexico. I have NOTHING against people from Mexico, but the majority of the cases have been from there, so it doesn't thrill me. And it also makes me think that the guys will not be nearly as interactive with fans. Who could blame them, but it makes me really sad to think I'll have spent this much money and will barely be allowed near them.

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting slightly annoyed with the New Kids and all the Twitter stuff. Between the NKOTB contest to fly to the Today show mystery, coupled with Donnie's ridiculous and cryptic instructions, and Jordan's maddening obsession with NOT telling us about this stupid Tink thing, I'm not enjoying it lately.

This was kind of a downer post...I think I'm just cranky with everything going on around me.

WDW June/July 1992 - WDW July 1994 - WDW July 1995 - WDW July 1996 - WDW July 1997 - WDW July 1998 - WDW July 1999 - WDW July 2000 - WDW/Disney Wonder July 2001 - WDW/Disney Magic July 2002 - WDW/RCL July 2004/RCL - WDW April 2007 - WDW July 2008 - WDW August 2009 - US/IOA August 2010 - WDW July 2012
- WDW July 2014
Old 04-29-2009, 11:58 AM   #1465
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I am totally with you on the Twitter stuff. It's getting old, fast. Donnie has really been getting on my nerves especially because he acts like he's puppet master over the "army." I could care less what the whole tink thing means. If he tells us great, if not, I'm not losing sleep over it and I'm not going crazy trying to figure out what it means!

I hope the cruise is great for you! I really hope that all of this doesn't affect how they're going to interact with the fans. People paid a ridiculous amount of money for it and nobody should be left feeling disappointed.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 04-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #1466
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

I still love Joe and Jon's tweets. They are more than just crap. Donnie's get on my nerves and Jordan's are kinda like that kid in school that just says stupid stuff to get on your nerves. LOL

The swine flu thing is making it's way to Delaware...4 probable cases @ UD.

It's cold and dreary here today. How do we go from 90 and A/C over the weekend to 50 and needing jackets on Wednesday??? Global warming my behind. LOL

Old 04-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #1467
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I am totally with you on the Twitter stuff. It's getting old, fast. Donnie has really been getting on my nerves especially because he acts like he's puppet master over the "army." I could care less what the whole tink thing means. If he tells us great, if not, I'm not losing sleep over it and I'm not going crazy trying to figure out what it means!

I hope the cruise is great for you! I really hope that all of this doesn't affect how they're going to interact with the fans. People paid a ridiculous amount of money for it and nobody should be left feeling disappointed.
I couldn't have said it better!

Erin - Right on about Jordan!

We have at least one case in IN. Someone from Notre Dame, already fully recovered. What I don't get is if he is already fully recovered how do they know it was the swine flu? We may have more but I try not to watch any coverage of it in front of Alex. She is really perceptive and I don't want her scared. Listening to the news for 5 minutes makes you ask yourself if you should ever leave the house again!

Old 04-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #1468
kte28
Mouseketeer

We just got 2 confirmed cases here. Karen, I THINK people can be on the road to recovery but still be a carrier. One report I read said that someone can be contagious for 7 days, and that even if you feel 100%, give it one more day before you go about normal business. Additionally, they could have taken tests on that individual and by the time the CDC verified them, the person was fully recovered. I know that if lab results are conclusive for swine flu by local agencies, they are required to send them to the CDC to independently verify the legitimacy.

Honestly the flu itself doesn't worry me siginificantly. 30,000+ people die from the regular flu every year. While this does appear to be a bit more aggresive of a strain, it is treatable. My concern is over the panic that has somehow engulfed the country. I'm more with President Obama on this one, it is a cause for concern but not alarm.

Additionally, I worry people who might have come down with the flu might be selfish and think, "Well who cares, I've spent this much money and I want to see the band gosh darn it, so I'm gonna go!"

I'm really just hoping the whole thing blows over. Reported cases have been decreasing in Mexico, and while cases are still being reported in the US, I would like to think that it's due to people unknowingly having contracted it while vacationing and exposing others. Now that it's out in the open, I'm hoping the awareness will halt the spreading.

I'm probably being a little wishful here, but I don't want my vacation ruined. Selfish of me probably given some people being so sick, but I just can't help being a little disappointed.

WDW June/July 1992 - WDW July 1994 - WDW July 1995 - WDW July 1996 - WDW July 1997 - WDW July 1998 - WDW July 1999 - WDW July 2000 - WDW/Disney Wonder July 2001 - WDW/Disney Magic July 2002 - WDW/RCL July 2004/RCL - WDW April 2007 - WDW July 2008 - WDW August 2009 - US/IOA August 2010 - WDW July 2012
- WDW July 2014
Old 04-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #1469
angey77
DIS Veteran

You gals worried about the swine flu? Try being in Texas!!! I went to lunch today and, I hate to say this, but a Mexican guy opened a door for me, and all I could think of is "OMG, I hope you are not infected ... hold my breath!"
It's a little unnerving when the only death in the U.S. is in Houston, even though it was a family traveling here from Mexico seeking medical help. But who knows who they encountered along the way?
Old 04-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #1470
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

Please let me vent for a second???

I'm so aggravated! Just last night a Mourning Dove laid an egg in a nest in a flower box on our porch. Perfect, safe location. Right outside a stained glass window in our house, we could see into the nest without going outside and scaring the bird.

Anyway...so she just laid the egg last night. She sat there all night and was still there this morning, one dedicated mama. Today our bug guy came to spray the outside bottom portion of our house. He removed the nest and egg! I can't believe he'd do that! Why would he disturb the next with an egg in it? That's not a pest!!

I just searched my yard and found the egg. I put it back into the flower box (without touching it) but I feel like the damage was already done and she's gone now and will want nothing to do with it. I'm so mad and sad.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: