Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #1426
kte28
Mouseketeer

I actually got a new camera since the concerts. I wasn't too thrilled with the quality so I did some research and bought a new one. It's a Panasonic Lumix. We'll see how it does at Donnie's party (if it's allowed), otherwise the cruise!

WDW June/July 1992 - WDW July 1994 - WDW July 1995 - WDW July 1996 - WDW July 1997 - WDW July 1998 - WDW July 1999 - WDW July 2000 - WDW/Disney Wonder July 2001 - WDW/Disney Magic July 2002 - WDW/RCL July 2004/RCL - WDW April 2007 - WDW July 2008 - WDW August 2009 - US/IOA August 2010 - WDW July 2012
- WDW July 2014
Old 04-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #1427
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserkaren View Post
I didn't realize your trip was coming up so quick! Have fun! I hope dh and I get a break soon. I'm trying to figure something out. I'd so like to check out for a couple days.

Where can I hear Joe's song?

Donnie's tweets are annoying me too. Most of the time after reading them I end with a . Not so much the Twisted Helena thing, although I did tell my mom that I think he likes the power of his words. But just the "today I will be all that I am and not more......how full is your cup".....etc..etc....It's starting to bug me.

On Jordan's tink thing...for some reason my first thought was "tinkle". So I was thinking maybe his youngest son was potty training? I think he's about the right age and it is pretty exciting. But then over the weekend he started talking about Dante and the video and seeing "tink" so I'm thinking maybe not. Maybe he's channeling Tinkerwings?
Good theory about Jordan, but yeah, I hope he wouldn't post a video!

Here is Joe's song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdvwMTl8Gk4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMv_RURphTw

Here are the lyrics:
http://nkotb.com/blog/2009/04/lyrics...sked-for-them/

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #1428
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

I love Joe's song! I had read the lyrics but hadn't heard it being sung. I'd love to hear it without all the screaming in the background. It's one of those songs that gives you goosebumps.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:45 PM   #1429
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Karen - OMG, you think Jordan's talking to ME? That's funny. I laughed at your comment!

Melody - I agree, Donnie's messages have been irking me a bit. I just think he could probably write 'Step 1 - Go jump off a bridge and then wait for further instructions with Step 2' and women would most likely do it. I don't know...it's a bit much sometimes. I agree that he likes the power he has over his fans and is milking it for all it's worth. Now for the Goth thing, I think that is hilarious. I don't know what the point is but I think it's funny and hope if they pick someone for something it's our very own Heather!

Regarding the camera question....we always get Canon cameras. They're GREAT!!

Heather - if you send me your email address I'll send you some pictures of them in their jerseys. I think we have a few!

How come I'm the only one weighing in at our Facebook group!?!? Where is everyone!??!!?

Dana - SOOOOO glad everything is going well and things are finally getting back to normal. I know he must be feeling way better about things now that he's able to work a bit. YAY!!!!!

I'm off to get Noah from school. Check in later!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 04-27-2009, 05:39 PM   #1430
amyup
Mouseketeer
Can't win 'em all but I got a tag anyway!

Ok, I just updated my weigh in on the facebook page As for cameras, we always get canon's too. They are awesome!

Oh and glad others are feeling the same way about Donnie. I adore him on stage but off he's a little to full of himself for my taste. I've decided for sure I'm a Joey girl during my 5* in the summer. I'm also working on my splits for the picture and designing my tatoo
Old 04-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #1431
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Good evening, ladies! I am supposed to be having a Lia Sophia party tomorrow night and only 4 people have RSVP'd that they are coming. Should I cancel it? Maybe I should reschedule when people aren't so busy. What would you do? I am a direct sales rep for another company so i know that my sales are going to be crappy with only 4 guests. Don't think I want to go to all of the trouble of cleaning and cooking if i am not getting good hostess bennies. Advice?
Old 04-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #1432
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyup View Post
Ok, I just updated my weigh in on the facebook page As for cameras, we always get canon's too. They are awesome!

Oh and glad others are feeling the same way about Donnie. I adore him on stage but off he's a little to full of himself for my taste. I've decided for sure I'm a Joey girl during my 5* in the summer. I'm also working on my splits for the picture and designing my tatoo
I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything!

Heather - I'm not sure what I'd do. I'm not big into the party things. I don't have them or go to them much. I'd probably cancel for the reasons you stated. That's a lot of work for 4 people! But then again what if some would show up that hasn't RSVP'd? Tough call.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:50 AM   #1433
jenny105
DIS Veteran

So I was listening to the Z Morning Zoo on Z100 (http://www.elvisduran.com) on my way to work. Elvis Duran (the host) is following Jon Knight on twitter and was wondering what the deal was with him and Perez Hilton. He didn't really care that much but people started texting the station and really wanted to know what was going on so they ended up calling Danny Wood. They didn't say who it was at first but I recognized his voice immediately! He just sounded so lost and was like 'Uh...I don't really know how to work twitter. I just update and don't really follow anybody else.' It made my day. Just though I'd share.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #1434
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

That is so funny that they called Danny! This is what Jon wrote to Perez last night, I just saw it and was on my way here to post it so kind of funny you had brought it up, Jenny!

@PerezHilton Come bite me where the sun doesnt shine and get it out of your system! Are you the cause of the swine flu you pig?

Do you think that mabe Jon has had enough S&*T from Perez?
Old 04-28-2009, 09:07 AM   #1435
jenny105
DIS Veteran

They read what he wrote on the air and he's like 'Danny, what does that mean?' and he's like 'Uhhh...I don't really know.'

Good for Jon though. It makes me sick that Perez Hilton is famous for absolutely no reason other than talking **** about people.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:22 AM   #1436
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
That is so funny that they called Danny! This is what Jon wrote to Perez last night, I just saw it and was on my way here to post it so kind of funny you had brought it up, Jenny!

@PerezHilton Come bite me where the sun doesnt shine and get it out of your system! Are you the cause of the swine flu you pig?

Do you think that mabe Jon has had enough S&*T from Perez?
Oh my gosh! That is hilarious!

I love the few tweets that we get from Danny. I think it's neat knowing what he is doing in his family. Like getting his kids up for school or taking them to the beach. The one he sent that just said "good night everyone, I love you all" or something close to that just made me smile!

Old 04-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #1437
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserkaren View Post
Oh my gosh! That is hilarious!

I love the few tweets that we get from Danny. I think it's neat knowing what he is doing in his family. Like getting his kids up for school or taking them to the beach. The one he sent that just said "good night everyone, I love you all" or something close to that just made me smile!
I heart Danny. He's been bumped up to 2nd favorite NK status. No one will ever top Joe!

Old 04-28-2009, 11:05 AM   #1438
danalee
You wouldnt understand, its a New Kids thing!

Heather, so what did you come up with for your party?

I would still have it~ I always think, some sales are better than no sales. Your Lia rep would want you to have I would think, some small parties are my best parties!
good luck~
1998 Sept ~POFQ (honeymoon)
2005 Aug ~All Star Movie Son's first trip! B-day Surprise!
2006 Sept ~PoP w/ free dining (& 8th wedding anniversery)
2008 Aug ~All Star Sports Son's B-Day
2010 Sept ~POFQ Friends, Family & Anniversary Trip!
2012 Sept ~POFQ w/ BFF & Family~
Old 04-28-2009, 11:16 AM   #1439
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

I don't blame Jon, I think Perez Hilton is a total jacka$$. I don't know why anyone cares what he has to say about anything. He's a complete moron. I think Jon is very witty and LOVE his response to him.

Heather - what did you decide? I've worked for two of those types of companies and based on my experiences I'd probably cancel. BUT it depends on the ones that are coming, are they big spenders. It all depends how much they're setting up and all. If it's a quick set up, I'd have it. If it's going to be time consuming and she's lugging a lot with her, I'd cancel.

The cleaning lady is coming today for the last time. It's just not worth the $$ right now, you know? We don't need to be spending anything extra on that! I'd rather spend it on NKOTB stuff. Just kidding. But really we do NOT need a cleaning lady. My hubby thought it would be a nice thing and it was but it's also one more expense we just don't need.

Becca and I are packing our stuff up to go to my grandmother's house for the day so she can clean without us here. Then we're off to dance class. Noah and I will walk on the boardwalk for a bit while she's in class. It's another beautiful day here, 83 degrees and sunny!

Have a good day girls, I'm headed out!!

P.S. I emailed the radio station to check on my tickets and asked if I should be worried since I haven't heard anything. I got an email back saying not to be worried, they checked the list and I am on it. They'll call me to come pick them up when it's time!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 04-28-2009, 11:23 AM   #1440
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danalee View Post
Heather, so what did you come up with for your party?

I would still have it~ I always think, some sales are better than no sales. Your Lia rep would want you to have I would think, some small parties are my best parties!
good luck~
I'm going to have it... not a lot of people coming but I have had GREAT Once Upon a Family parties with only a few people. I think my main issue was getting motivated to do it. I talked to my friend last night who is the rep and she said to do it. So, I am cleaning and getting ready to head to the grocery store.

I did not realize that Lia Sophia is having such an amazing special this month. That is how in to this party is... I just learned the specials last night Anyone need jewelry? It is buy 2 items and get 4 items HALF PRICE! Let me know if you are interested and I will give you the link.

After the party we are making our Twisted video! I am super excited! Goin' goth again!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: