Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 03:56 PM   #1381
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
Jenny... do what I do... pretend to be taking a pic of something else and zoom in on him!
I tried. It came out blurry. There's only so many things I can pretend to take pictures of in a lunchroom.

But his name is Kris, for the record.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 04-22-2009, 04:38 PM   #1382
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post
Now that is nice!! When I went with Noah's class to the Franklin Institute in Philly a few years ago, I had 4 kids and one was a wanderer. He didn't care where I was, where the rest of his group was or the fact that the place was mobbed...he'd just wander and I'd have to grab the rest of them and follow him or I'd lose him. I never counted to 4 as many times as I did that way. The bus ride home was bliss, I finally knew they were all in one place and no longer my responsibility.

I'm always grateful when I don't have to watch other kids. I don't like having to fuss with someone else's rambunctious darling. I did learn today that my kid is obnoxious around his friends though! They all get together and it's LOL

We had a fun day. It rained off and on, there was even small hail at one point we heard. We spent the morning at the Air & Space Museum (Wyatt's FAVE), then walked back to the American History Museum, which used to be MY favorite. The year or so spent on renovation did not improve it any. I no longer like that one, which is very disappointing since I LOVED it before.

We were initially with 3 other moms and their boys...they decided to head to the Air & Space with us. I don't tour well with others apparently. Wyatt and I like to actually look at and enjoy the exhibits...these kids and moms, not so much. They were rushing us through it all. I finally hit my breaking point in the room where there are things to demonstrate air pressure, water pressure, etc. It was crowded but no big deal to me. Wyatt LOVES that room. Well, we walk in and the one mom that I've known for 4 years now freaked and said "We'll never get them out of here! And it's crowded, let's just go NOW." I turned around and said "No. He likes this room and we're staying." She and the other left, saying they were going to look at the rockets. Less than 5 minutes later they sent the boys back in to tell us they were going to another museum, did we want to go. Wyatt said "No" which made me happy. I was afraid he would say yes just to be with his friends instead of doing what he really wanted to do. So they went on their way and we got to enjoy the rest of our day doing whatever he wanted, when he wanted.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2009, 08:36 AM   #1383
walkerag
DIS Veteran

Got our tickets for Birmingham, 4th row!
Old 04-23-2009, 08:47 AM   #1384
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerag View Post
Got our tickets for Birmingham, 4th row!
NICE! I had 4th row center in Baltimore and 4th row left in Des Moines. Absolutely amazing seats!!! You are going to have a great time!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #1385
walkerag
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
NICE! I had 4th row center in Baltimore and 4th row left in Des Moines. Absolutely amazing seats!!! You are going to have a great time!
They're 4th row left.. we were at least 15 rows back in Nashville and it was hard to see over all the ladies in heels still a great show though!
Old 04-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #1386
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I just saw Joe's tweet that gave a hint at what his new solo could possibly be. Tell me he's not going to do Popsicle. I will die.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 04-23-2009, 11:40 AM   #1387
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

oK Twitterers... Ashton Kutcher nominated 3 people on Twitter to be up for the Platinum Tweet Award. One of them is @nkotb. You can send your votes to Ashton until next Wednesday. Just send to @aplusk I vote for @nkotb #ptavote. It has to include both @usernames and the #ptavote to count. You can vote as often as you like.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:40 AM   #1388
angey77
DIS Veteran

OK, I'm hoping outdoor shows in Houston in July are in the picture for me.
The night before NKOTB play here, Aerosmith is going to be at the same location. What stinks is I hate to buy tickets to either any time soon, thanks to the uncertainty of how I'll feel and how freaking hot it will be out!
Old 04-23-2009, 11:56 AM   #1389
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angey77 View Post
OK, I'm hoping outdoor shows in Houston in July are in the picture for me.
The night before NKOTB play here, Aerosmith is going to be at the same location. What stinks is I hate to buy tickets to either any time soon, thanks to the uncertainty of how I'll feel and how freaking hot it will be out!
I hope it works out, Angey!!! Aerosmith is going to be in Minneapolis on September 8 and I really want to get tix. There is a chance my hubby could be home on R&R, so I am waiting to get tickets until I know the exact dates he will be home.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #1390
amyup
Mouseketeer
Can't win 'em all but I got a tag anyway!

Girls I have a quick question...how do you get 4th row, 5th row tix? Is there somewhere else I should be looking besides ticketmaster?

I'm doing 5* with my friend in July and am thinking what a let down its going to be after the show. Sooo, I'm thinking about driving down to Irvine for the concert the next night and would love to get good seats. Of course, the orchestra section is already sold out and I want to be there!

Oh and I can't believe it but I actually posted on the crazy boards
Old 04-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #1391
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Check ebay and stubhub. For the record, ticketmaster is awful. You can check to see if livenation.com sells the tickets for your venue because they have a pick and click option where you can actually see what seats are available.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 04-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #1392
walkerag
DIS Veteran

I got mine off of ebay, and was able to negotiate a lower price
Old 04-23-2009, 10:16 PM   #1393
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Hey girls!! Just checking in. Becca and I went to Gymboree today because I had Gymbucks to spend. Do any of you guys shop there? The clothes are so cute, well made and they have accessories for every single outfit. Check out this purse she got...it is SO cute. It's a pineapple!! (she got the shirt too and a skirt/capris that match. But I just LOVED the purse!!

I'm catching on up Hell's Kitchen that I missed earlier. Anyone else watch Survivor?!?! I was SO happy to see the one guy get the boot tonight!!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 04-23-2009, 11:29 PM   #1394
amyup
Mouseketeer
Can't win 'em all but I got a tag anyway!

Cute purse! You are so lucky you get to shop for a little girl! Boys clothes are just not as fun.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:53 AM   #1395
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyup View Post
Cute purse! You are so lucky you get to shop for a little girl! Boys clothes are just not as fun.
Tell me about it! I'm totally a girl mom, yet I have 2 boys.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: