Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 11:14 AM   #1366
walkerag
DIS Veteran

Hey girls
I just wanted to vent for just a second. My BFF and I are planning to take an overnight trip to Birmingham next month to see the concert. This will be in celebration of her 30th birthday and finishing college
I went to the Nashville show w/ another friend of mine and we had a fantastic time. Last night, I told DH of our plans and he said "What??? you're going to drive 4 hours to go see them??? To which I replied "Noooo, I'm going to drive 2 1/2 hours to see them" and he said "I don't care, but I'm not going to tell anyone where you went", as if he's embarrassed about it
He was lighthearted about it but kindof giving me grief at the same time. I was annoyed.. I'm over it now and definately still want to go but has anyone else's DH given you, or tried to give you a hard time about going to see them more than once?
Old 04-22-2009, 11:14 AM   #1367
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Awesome Karen!

I keep getting caught checking out Jordan Knight guy. For those who don't know, he is this super cute mechanic that works on the otherside of the "wall" (we're half travel agency/half car repair) and he looks like...Jordan Knight. I need to learn his real name so I can stop calling him Jordan Knight guy.
Oh we know all about him and will you TAKE A STINKIN' PICTURE already!!??!!? Come on!!!

Karen - Congrats!! That is so exciting. I know yesterday I put on jeans that just last week were fitting a bit tighter than they should....I had room in them. I was so excited. It shows progress, right!?!?

I'm waiting for a call from Noah's math teacher. I'm just not happy with some things right now. We have these standardized tests called ASK. (not sure if you all have them) Anyway, they are pushing so hard on these kids that they are teaching them something and then 2 days later they have a quiz and then they move on to something new. Personally I do NOT think that is enough time to get all this information drilled into their heads. I feel badly that my smart kid was crying last night saying he feels stupid in math class because sometimes he's the last one done and he's the only one that ever has to tell the teacher he doesn't understand. Now maybe that's just his perception but I am not happy. He had a quiz today and I wouldn't be surprised if he failed it because he was so worked up about getting it done and everything.

On a happier note...I'm getting a much needed hair cut today. Although, I'm letting my hair grow so I don't really know how much she's going to cut off. I have one of those inverted bobs that it's short and sort of stacked in the back and gradually comes down longer as it gets to the front. The back is looking messy from that hair growing in. So, I guess she'll just trim up the underneath a bit. Who knows. Next time I'll probably go back and get it all cut again, I don't know. I just want something different.

I'm babbling on and on today. Sorry!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2009, 11:17 AM   #1368
walkerag
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserkaren View Post

Ok girls I'm pretty excited! I dug out a pair of capri pants this morning. I have had them since before I had Faith. Last summer they were SO tight I almost had to lay down to get them buttoned up. (which is why they were never worn last summer!) I put them on this morning and they fit! Buttoned and zipped easily! So something is has been happening the last few weeks even if I haven't noticed it.
That's awesome! If you don't mind me asking, are you on any special kind of diet?? Just curious b/c we're going to the beach in 3 months I've been in the gym every other day but anything extra that I could do would definately be a help
Old 04-22-2009, 11:28 AM   #1369
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Shelby, come up with a way for me to snap a pic without looking like a complete psycho and I will gladly snap the pic. Without involving "I'm on a scavenger hunt and need to find a guy who looks like Jordan Knight" That was the idea my friend came up with. We've never said a word to each other so it's not like I'm buddy buddy enough to take a random picture of him!

Old 04-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #1370
kte28
Mouseketeer

Hi ladies,

So I decided to check in on psycho girl and she tweeted that Jonathan sent her a direct message. Poor guy, he has no idea what he's in for now. She didn't post what he said...yet. From the seeming excitement, it probably wasn't "Leave me the h*ll alone you psychotic freak." I can only imagine how incessant she'll be. She probably thinks they're bff now.

WDW June/July 1992 - WDW July 1994 - WDW July 1995 - WDW July 1996 - WDW July 1997 - WDW July 1998 - WDW July 1999 - WDW July 2000 - WDW/Disney Wonder July 2001 - WDW/Disney Magic July 2002 - WDW/RCL July 2004/RCL - WDW April 2007 - WDW July 2008 - WDW August 2009 - US/IOA August 2010 - WDW July 2012
- WDW July 2014
Old 04-22-2009, 11:42 AM   #1371
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Shelby, come up with a way for me to snap a pic without looking like a complete psycho and I will gladly snap the pic. Without involving "I'm on a scavenger hunt and need to find a guy who looks like Jordan Knight" That was the idea my friend came up with. We've never said a word to each other so it's not like I'm buddy buddy enough to take a random picture of him!
This would be a good opportunity to introduce yourself. Just tell him hi and your name and explain that you're sorry for staring at him lately, but he looks just like JK and you just HAVE to take a picture of him for your friends. I'm sure he'll be flattered that he looks like a celebrity. I wouldn't mention "New Kids" though If he knows who JK is, he won't ask, but if he says "who's that?" just say "You don't know who he is?!....he's a really hot celebrity!"

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 04-22-2009, 11:44 AM   #1372
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Quote:
Awesome Karen!

I keep getting caught checking out Jordan Knight guy. For those who don't know, he is this super cute mechanic that works on the otherside of the "wall" (we're half travel agency/half car repair) and he looks like...Jordan Knight. I need to learn his real name so I can stop calling him Jordan Knight guy.
Come on Jenny! We've just got to see him!

Shelby - Great job on your progress! Sorry to hear about Noah's troubles. It certainly seems to me like it's moving way too fast.

walkerag - No it's not a specialized diet. I've just made different choices and cut out junk food for the most part. Occasionally I'll have something. Like yesterday we took the girls to Dairy Queen and I had a cone. (but before I would have a blizzard or a parfait, something big like that.) So I'm trying really hard not to be Nazi about it. I don't want my older dd to think it has to be all or nothing b/c that's always the way I was with it before. But I have made *significant* changes in my eating. Not just with junk food but all food.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:54 AM   #1373
amyup
Mouseketeer
Can't win 'em all but I got a tag anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerag View Post
Hey girls
I just wanted to vent for just a second. My BFF and I are planning to take an overnight trip to Birmingham next month to see the concert. This will be in celebration of her 30th birthday and finishing college
I went to the Nashville show w/ another friend of mine and we had a fantastic time. Last night, I told DH of our plans and he said "What??? you're going to drive 4 hours to go see them??? To which I replied "Noooo, I'm going to drive 2 1/2 hours to see them" and he said "I don't care, but I'm not going to tell anyone where you went", as if he's embarrassed about it
He was lighthearted about it but kindof giving me grief at the same time. I was annoyed.. I'm over it now and definately still want to go but has anyone else's DH given you, or tried to give you a hard time about going to see them more than once?

Well tell your DH your crazy internet friend has driven 7 hours both ways twice to see them! Oh and gotten on an airplane to see them too My closest concert will be this summer and its still 1.5 hours away.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:57 AM   #1374
amyup
Mouseketeer
Can't win 'em all but I got a tag anyway!

Quote:
waving the white flag!!

Ok girls I'm pretty excited! I dug out a pair of capri pants this morning. I have had them since before I had Faith. Last summer they were SO tight I almost had to lay down to get them buttoned up. (which is why they were never worn last summer!) I put them on this morning and they fit! Buttoned and zipped easily! So something is has been happening the last few weeks even if I haven't noticed it.
Awesome job Karen! Its so great when you see progress for all your hard work.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:04 PM   #1375
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmelo View Post
This would be a good opportunity to introduce yourself. Just tell him hi and your name and explain that you're sorry for staring at him lately, but he looks just like JK and you just HAVE to take a picture of him for your friends. I'm sure he'll be flattered that he looks like a celebrity. I wouldn't mention "New Kids" though If he knows who JK is, he won't ask, but if he says "who's that?" just say "You don't know who he is?!....he's a really hot celebrity!"
Sometimes I see him in the lunchroom so if I see him today, I will try this approach.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #1376
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Come on Jenny! We've just got to see him!
That is funny! Congrats on your pants fitting better! Isn't that a great feeling?
Old 04-22-2009, 12:42 PM   #1377
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Thanks for all the support ladies! It feels really good.. Every small step leads to a big change.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:46 PM   #1378
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Why don't you take your phone or camera and sort of wander with it in your hand, stop....check it (all where he can see you). Look like you're checking it like there's a problem. Then just casually look around, glance his way and say, 'excuse me...I think my camera might not be working right...would you mind if I try it out and see if it takes an okay picture??

Come on girl!!!!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 04-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #1379
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post
Why don't you take your phone or camera and sort of wander with it in your hand, stop....check it (all where he can see you). Look like you're checking it like there's a problem. Then just casually look around, glance his way and say, 'excuse me...I think my camera might not be working right...would you mind if I try it out and see if it takes an okay picture??

Come on girl!!!!
How much more obvious can you get?? Ok, I will try. No promises on if I actually get the picture. I tried last time we were in the lunchroom together; I made it look like I was checking my texts cause I have a flip phone. It didn't come out tho.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #1380
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Jenny... do what I do... pretend to be taking a pic of something else and zoom in on him!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: