Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 07:44 AM   #91
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post
It's me...here to vent. For the last couple of days I've been having a problem with my eye. It just seemed a little irritated, not an infection or anything. Well, I didn't wear my contacts all day because I thought that would help. I just looked under my upper lid which seems to be the source of the problem....there's a little raised area. So, obviously something irritated my eye but if this screws me up so that on Thursday I have to wear my glasses to the NKOTB concert I'm going to be SOOOOO mad!! They give me SUCH a headache and I look like a dork. I'm so annoyed with my stupid body! There's always something going wrong with it! %#$#!!!
Crap! I wear contacts and glasses and couldn't imagine meeting the guys in my glasses! I only wear them around the house at night. I hope it's nothing!

I'm so excited for you guys. Can't wait to hear a report and see pics. I am so living vicariously thru all of you!

Old 03-17-2009, 08:03 AM   #92
angey77
DIS Veteran

Shelby, how blind are you? Can you get away with having your glasses on all day and then taking them off before you walk in the room? Just a thought if you are self-conscious about your glasses.
I'm the same way too. I only wear mine around the house. Since the age of seven, my mom had to fight me to wear my glasses.
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2009, 08:54 AM   #93
T16GEM
I must have a funnel cake when I'm in Florida!
Confucious say: Friends don't let friends do AOL

Hey ladies!
I just subscribed to part 2! I can't believe that the other thread reached it's limit!

Not long now ladies!

Shelby - I hope that you get your eye sorted out before Thursday. I cannot believe that you will be there! I cannot wait for them to announce another UK tour, people here think it's going to be for September / October time. I relly hope so!

Hope everyone else is ok, you have sure been busy here!
Gems
Old 03-17-2009, 08:56 AM   #94
kte28
Mouseketeer

Hey ladies! I'm SO excited for your concerts. I can't wait to hear all about them.

I'm totally with you on the glasses/contacts thing. A little over a year ago I had to stop wearing my contacts completely because my eyes were getting REALLY irritated staring at a computer screen all day. They were causing major problems, and I'm so averse to wearing my glasses. So I went the drastic route and got Lasik. I was REALLY nervous to do it, but it was either that or wear glasses and only glasses the rest of my life. Best decision I ever made. 20/20 vision still a year later.

WDW June/July 1992 - WDW July 1994 - WDW July 1995 - WDW July 1996 - WDW July 1997 - WDW July 1998 - WDW July 1999 - WDW July 2000 - WDW/Disney Wonder July 2001 - WDW/Disney Magic July 2002 - WDW/RCL July 2004/RCL - WDW April 2007 - WDW July 2008 - WDW August 2009 - US/IOA August 2010 - WDW July 2012
- WDW July 2014
Old 03-17-2009, 10:21 AM   #95
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Just checking in! I have an eye appt at 2pm. I actually think it feels a LOT better today. But I'm still going just in case. If there's a problem and they tell me not to wear my lenses for a week or something I will nod and smile KNOWING that I will be wearing my contacts to the concert. If worse comes to worse I'll bring my glasses and yank my contacts out right after the M&G. But I don't think I'm going to have a problem, like I said it feels better.

I don't REALLY have issues with wearing my glasses, they're pretty cool actually. But they do give me a headache and I just HATE wearing them when I'm going out somewhere all dressed up (sort of) and trying to look HOT for my first crushes!!

Anyway....I'll keep you posted!

Erin - I'm so sorry no one slept well in your house. You must get your rest for Thursday!!

Angey - I am BLIND as a bat. It's THAT bad!!

Hi everyone else!! I'll post more in a bit. I have to head out, the cleaning lady just got here!!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 03-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #96
hjssk8
Once I started I couldn't stop

Hi girls!

Shelby, I hope your eye is okay. Here's some for you.

To everyone going on Thursday- drive safe, have lots of fun, and take lots of pics!

Crystal I sent you a pm.

H
Old 03-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #97
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

Thanks Shelby...here's hoping tonight is a better night! They've both been given Sudafed and Benadryl. We'll see!

Old 03-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #98
michael's mom
DIS Veteran

Good evening!

Crystal, thanks for the recipe!

Shelby, I hope your eye will be "all good" for Thursday.

I'm living vicariously through you all so great updates are a must!!!

DH Me DS DD Chloe Louie
1980-1989 many times at Polynesian;1990, 1993, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2002 CBR;2004 CBR Honeymoon;2007 CBR Baby's 1st trip; 2009 Grand Gathering at POR;
2011 Wedding and Grand Gathering at our home...CBR Pirate style; 2013 CBR Baby's 1st trip
Old 03-18-2009, 06:20 AM   #99
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Hey girls. I went to the eye Dr yesterday and he gave me drops and told me not to wear my contacts for a COUPLE of days. Timing will be PERFECT. He told me he thought I had an allergic reaction to something that was on my lens. No infection.

I can't believe it's TOMORROW and it's supposed to be rain showers in Baltimore. We're supposed to line up outside so I don't know how that's going to work. I may bring an old windbreaker type of thing with a hood and then throw it out once we're inside. I don't know!!

Off to take the kids to school! BBL!

Shelby

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 03-18-2009, 06:23 AM   #100
Brae's Mom
In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

Roll Call........................

Shelby, Erin & Heather ARE YOU READY???????? Tomorrow is your big day. I can't wait to hear all about it. You're going to have a blast!!!!!!!

Shelby - how's the eye, hope it feels better today.

Heather - it sounds like you had a great St. Patty's day.

Erin - Hope the kiddo's are better so that you can have a good time at the show without worrying about the little one's at home.

Everyone else Hi!!!!! Hope you're all having a great day!!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 06:35 AM   #101
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd

I'm ready, my mind is right...LET'S GET THIS!!!! Yeah, I'm feeling like a cheeseball. LOL It must be the lack of sleep. I can't wait and I'm sooo looking forward to the concert...and meeting Heather and Shelby!

My poor little guy had another rough night, so did Mama. I've figured it out though, I think. I gave him Sudafed last night and the night before and I'm wondering if that's not causing him to be restless. I didn't think about it, but when I take it at night, I'm a mess and can't sleep well. Tonight, he will NOT get Sudafed at bedtime.

Today I'm doing laundry and trying to get my house cleaned up. I'm not the good SAHM type with the clean house and all that. Nope...I spend way too much time on the computer and playing with the kids. My house is a DISASTER and not in the sense that my house is just a little messy but I say that anyway. No...it's bad this week. Laundry not put away, instead piled on a chair in the living room, toys not put away, junk mail piled up, Wyatt's discarded clothes in a pile by the door where he strips down every day etc. Sooo, today I'm trying to make things a little more presentable. LOL

Old 03-18-2009, 06:54 AM   #102
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

Crystal - my eye feels a ton better, thanks!!

Erin - You're too funny!! I'm SOOOO excited I really get knots in my stomach thinking about it. I'm the same type of SAHM - the house is a mess! We're always running from one place to another, I feel like I live in my car. That's a mess too! So, you're not alone. But I did get the house all situated by yesterday because the cleaning lady came and cleaned everything.

24 hours from this moment we will be getting in the car to head to Baltimore with our friends. I'm going to FREAK OUT!!!

Please pray it doesn't rain!

Old 03-18-2009, 07:18 AM   #103
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd

I'm so worried about the rain. We were planning on parking at the arena, then walking to dinner and back. If it's raining, that will ruin the hair and make-up, even with an umbrella! Grrrrr. And if you notice, tomorrow is the ONLY day it's supposed to rain!!! This happened in Philly too! It was icky most of the day.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:21 AM   #104
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

Erin - we'll just say a prayer that it rains VERY early or VERY late! Or during the show!

Old 03-18-2009, 07:29 AM   #105
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I can't believe you ladies are going tomorrow! I hope you all have a fabulous time! I wish I was able to go! And guess what? One of my co-workers decided to switch their day off from tomorrow to today, so I actually would've been able to leave early! I'm glad she thought of it now! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the rain holds off for you in Baltimore! I need it to rain here because my car got attacked by birds! Ick.

At least I've got Friday!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: