Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #886
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Who is joining me at the show on 6/6 in Camden? I'm hoping to meet some more of you!!!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 04-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #887
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

a few pics...

...the stage from our seats - no zoom.

For some reason all of the from stage B were blurry.

Not too shabby for buying them 4 hours before the show started.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #888
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmelo View Post
Karen, where are the pics????

I found the pose off video on youtube from the concert last night. Looks like it was fun!

Oh yeah.....what did you buy? Can you give me an idea of what all they had and prices?
I forgot that one! I told dh you have to get a shot of that! We always post them!

Danny won (on his head). I thought Donnie would for his "O" pose being that we were in Ohio.

Melody, I got all my stuff last night so I won't have to carry it tomorrow. They had all kinds of shirts, pins, a program, lanyard. It was, of course, way expensive. I got the zip up. I promised I'd bring dd5 home something. So she ended up with a $45 teeshirt! I had to get it though! It's pink and it has glitter!

Most of the shirts I think were about 45 bucks. The sweatshirt was $85. Program $25.

I'm even more excited about tomorrow now then I was before. I'm on NKOTB cloud 9 and I just got to go. I didn't even have an experience like Crystal or a 5* M&G! It doesn't take much to excite me!

Old 04-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #889
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Karen - I just saw your post on our Champaign thread about the poncho....if you want I have an extra one you can wear. I think one is red and one is bright yellow....I may have a couple thinner clear ones....

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #890
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Great pics! But just imagine how good your pics will be after tomorrow - FRONT ROW!!! WOOOO HOOOOOOOO!! You're going to be ready to freak out!!

I got my DD a t-shirt at the concert too, I got her the Breast Cancer Awareness one!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 04-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #891
lovemickeya
Blockhead forever

I got my tickets!!

they are FAR for GREAT seats. But I will be there.

Our seats are in the middle of the section before the lawn seats so about 40 rows back from stage.

Old 04-04-2009, 03:09 PM   #892
danalee
You wouldnt understand, its a New Kids thing!

Thats Awesome!!! like you said at least your there, thats my take on it to, i'm not front row but for as long as I've waited, at least i'm there!!!!!!!!

guys check this out, now I did get my tickets the other day, but one of our local radio station is giving tic's away all weekend so I just tried and it rang...my heart stops...it rings again...and HI YOUR CALLER #8...great! did I mention you need to be CALLER 9, yeah now that sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1998 Sept ~POFQ (honeymoon)
2005 Aug ~All Star Movie Son's first trip! B-day Surprise!
2006 Sept ~PoP w/ free dining (& 8th wedding anniversery)
2008 Aug ~All Star Sports Son's B-Day
2010 Sept ~POFQ Friends, Family & Anniversary Trip!
2012 Sept ~POFQ w/ BFF & Family~
Old 04-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #893
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

Bummer Dana! That's what I thought would happen when I called last week!

Old 04-04-2009, 03:15 PM   #894
danalee
You wouldnt understand, its a New Kids thing!

I know that phone rang and was 16 all over again, until of course I didnt win, then my adult vocab kicked in!

they are giving front row ones too, but thank goodness these werent those! that would have made me cry...caller 8...jeesh
1998 Sept ~POFQ (honeymoon)
2005 Aug ~All Star Movie Son's first trip! B-day Surprise!
2006 Sept ~PoP w/ free dining (& 8th wedding anniversery)
2008 Aug ~All Star Sports Son's B-Day
2010 Sept ~POFQ Friends, Family & Anniversary Trip!
2012 Sept ~POFQ w/ BFF & Family~
Old 04-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #895
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

Yes, I know the feeling...the phone was ringing and with each additional ring I began to shake more and more. My hands were so shaky! It was hilarious. My kids got a big kick out of watching me!

I am certain the ones I won are NOT front row. I'm just hoping they're somewhere in the middle.

Old 04-04-2009, 04:15 PM   #896
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

What type of radio station are all of you finding these contests on? Our "current pop" station doesn't do NK here

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 04-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #897
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

Just our regular dance/pop type station. They're giving tickets away every week. Last week it was Jonas Brothers, this past week NKOTB and I saw next week it's Third Eye Blind.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:07 PM   #898
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danalee View Post
Thats Awesome!!! like you said at least your there, thats my take on it to, i'm not front row but for as long as I've waited, at least i'm there!!!!!!!!

guys check this out, now I did get my tickets the other day, but one of our local radio station is giving tic's away all weekend so I just tried and it rang...my heart stops...it rings again...and HI YOUR CALLER #8...great! did I mention you need to be CALLER 9, yeah now that sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As long as you've waited it is so great just being there! Last night I was estatic just to get to experience it. FINALLY!!

Melody - I don't think I've ever heard a new NKOTB song on our radio stations. Last summer I remember dh saying he heard "Summertime" on at work but I don't think I've ever heard one.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:39 AM   #899
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Good morning girls! I'm just waiting for Karen to call me to say she's on her way to pick me up and then we'll be on our way to Champaign!!! There's a chance of rain all day , but we're still going to try for some face time if it's not a total downpour. Wish us luck! I'll be back on sometime tomorrow after we get back to report!

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 04-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #900
Brae's Mom
In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

Have fun girl!!!! I know you will.

Hubby asked me last night why don't I just skip the two shows here since I couldn't get tickets for one anyway and spend the money I would have spent on that for tickets to Indy. So maybe all is not lost.

Anyway have a great time, I'm so jealous and give Jordan some lovin' from me!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: