Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #76
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmelo View Post
Ok, Heather, here are my ideas:

1) You will drive around to all the local fast food places and go through the drive-thru, but when they ask to take your order, you will sing a NKOTB song at the top of your lungs. You will go around doing this until you can get someone to sing along with you over the speaker. A friend will ride with you and video your efforts. (this is my personal favorite!)
This is a good one!

Old 03-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #77
Brae's Mom
In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

Quote:

1) You will drive around to all the local fast food places and go through the drive-thru, but when they ask to take your order, you will sing a NKOTB song at the top of your lungs. You will go around doing this until you can get someone to sing along with you over the speaker. A friend will ride with you and video your efforts. (this is my personal favorite!)
Melody is on to something!!! This is my favorite idea too!! Oh and I would love to see you actually doing it. Call woman call....this is an awesome idea!!!

And if I don't get to talk to you again have a great time at the show in Baltimore.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2009, 10:36 AM   #78
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Gosh girls! Ya'll have been busy.

Quote:
Karen - 3 weeks from today!!!! I'm so excited, but nervous too for some reason. I had a horrible dream last night that nkotb said they were "quitting" and would not do any more performances. I said "I knew those front row seats were too good to be true" I was so sad in the dream!

Have a safe trip Heather. I like Melody's idea about the drive thrus. I hope I get a chance to do 5* this summer! It does seem like maybe they flooded the market? Yikes. (How can I say that? There is no such thing as too much NKOTB, right?)

Old 03-16-2009, 10:37 AM   #79
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:

2) You will stand on a busy street corner with a sign reading "Please help...I need $ to go to a NKOTB concert" or "Will work for $ for NKOTB tickets"

3) You will make "marketing" phone calls trying to raise money for a "good cause" of attending a NKOTB concert.

Now, if you win with any of my ideas, you have to take me!
Great ideas! One of Sadie's friends gave her a similar idea for the fast food one! I will let you know hwat happens. Keep the ideas coming!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 10:50 AM   #80
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

I can just picture you doing that at a fast food restaurant! OMG that is a RIOT!!! I'm cracking up just thinking about it!!

How about you agree to get the underneath back part of your hair cut VERY short so they can shave the letters NKOTB in it!?!??!

I agree the people on the crazy board act like Donnie is a god. I remember someone had some sort of issue at the concert and I heard them say, I'll definitely tell Donnie about this, he'll straighten it out. Yeah, because Donnie REALLY cares about everyone's ILAA complaints.

I think summer dates will come out right around the time of the cruise. We shall see!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 03-16-2009, 12:06 PM   #81
lovemickeya
Blockhead forever

I agree with Shelby.

I think the summer dates will be released at the begining of May right before the cruise. They will have about a month off in between spring dates and the cruise so that will give them time to be with families and "recharge" for the summer and then start touring shortly after the cruise.

I will be shocked if they start the summer tour before the NBA finals are done(mid June). You know Donnie will be there.

So I am hoping they will be somewhere near for my Birthday in July. LOL I already "talked" with my husband about going whereever they are for my bday. We will see how well that works out for me.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #82
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemickeya View Post
I agree with Shelby.

I think the summer dates will be released at the begining of May right before the cruise. They will have about a month off in between spring dates and the cruise so that will give them time to be with families and "recharge" for the summer and then start touring shortly after the cruise.

I will be shocked if they start the summer tour before the NBA finals are done(mid June). You know Donnie will be there.

So I am hoping they will be somewhere near for my Birthday in July. LOL I already "talked" with my husband about going whereever they are for my bday. We will see how well that works out for me.
When is your bday? My friends birthday is July 11 and she wants to go where they are if there is a show that day!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #83
lovemickeya
Blockhead forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
When is your bday? My friends birthday is July 11 and she wants to go where they are if there is a show that day!
I am on the 2. Which normally means we cant do anything, since it is so close to the 4th when everyone is already off. So they have to work before and after the holiday to get paid.

That is why I love that my BFF is a hair stylist and she makes her own hours. All I ever have to worry with is a baby sitter, (which is hard when your child has autism- he is very "overwhelming" (well that is what I have been told by many that have watched him). I am just used to it I guess, this is what God has given me - make the best of it.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #84
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

It's me...here to vent. For the last couple of days I've been having a problem with my eye. It just seemed a little irritated, not an infection or anything. Well, I didn't wear my contacts all day because I thought that would help. I just looked under my upper lid which seems to be the source of the problem....there's a little raised area. So, obviously something irritated my eye but if this screws me up so that on Thursday I have to wear my glasses to the NKOTB concert I'm going to be SOOOOO mad!! They give me SUCH a headache and I look like a dork. I'm so annoyed with my stupid body! There's always something going wrong with it! %#$#!!!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 03-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #85
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post
It's me...here to vent. For the last couple of days I've been having a problem with my eye. It just seemed a little irritated, not an infection or anything. Well, I didn't wear my contacts all day because I thought that would help. I just looked under my upper lid which seems to be the source of the problem....there's a little raised area. So, obviously something irritated my eye but if this screws me up so that on Thursday I have to wear my glasses to the NKOTB concert I'm going to be SOOOOO mad!! They give me SUCH a headache and I look like a dork. I'm so annoyed with my stupid body! There's always something going wrong with it! %#$#!!!
HEY!! NO GERMS!!!! Wouldn't we be a pair if the boys get me sick? You with your glasses (which I'm sure aren't that bad!) and my blowing my nose every 15 seconds?????? HAHAHAHA

Old 03-16-2009, 08:03 PM   #86
michael's mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope you get this taken care of before your show. I know you've been super excited (to say the least ) about this Thursday.

I'll send you some to shoo that irritation away!

DH Me DS DD Chloe Louie
1980-1989 many times at Polynesian;1990, 1993, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2002 CBR;2004 CBR Honeymoon;2007 CBR Baby's 1st trip; 2009 Grand Gathering at POR;
2011 Wedding and Grand Gathering at our home...CBR Pirate style; 2013 CBR Baby's 1st trip
Old 03-17-2009, 04:31 AM   #87
Brae's Mom

Quote:
Shelby it seems that I get some sort of wierd thing with my contacts about once a year. If you go to the eye doc today they can give you drops to clear it up in 48 hours and you can wear your lenses again by Thursday. Here's hoping for the best!!!!

You're gonna have fun either way.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:23 AM   #88
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

Thanks, like I said it's definitely not an infection. (who knows, maybe they'll tell me it is) My eye isn't red or anything, just this irritated area under my lid. SOOOOO annoying!

And of course I have to try to get an appt today between picking Becca up at 11:30, picking Noah up at 4pm and dance class at 4:15. Should be fun.

I'll be calling right at 9 to see IF/when I can get in!

Old 03-17-2009, 05:35 AM   #89
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

2 Days!!! Only 2 more days! I'm more excited about this show than I was the first one in October. I think it's because I know they will be AWESOME!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!

And probably has something to do with the fact that I got less than 4 hours sleep last night. My poor baby is sicker now and didn't sleep much last night. He was so pathetic. He has a fever this morning. <sigh> I'm sure there is an ear infection in our future.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:43 AM   #90
Brae's Mom

Quote:
Thanks, like I said it's definitely not an infection. (who knows, maybe they'll tell me it is) My eye isn't red or anything, just this irritated area under my lid. SOOOOO annoying!

And of course I have to try to get an appt today between picking Becca up at 11:30, picking Noah up at 4pm and dance class at 4:15. Should be fun.

I'll be calling right at 9 to see IF/when I can get in!
Hopefully it's just a scratch or something that won't require drops. You probably did the right thing to take the lenses out at soon as you noticed the irritation.

Good Luck!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: