Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 07:04 AM   #871
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmelo View Post
Check with the schools in the township your kids go to. That would be perfect since you would be on their break schedules and their start and end times. You could do something administrative, work in the cafeteria (yep, a "lunch lady!"), or even substitute teach. I have a friend who is a sub and he doesn't mind the elementary age kids and I don't think you have to have a college degree for elementary. I don't know about the situation there, but here sub teachers are really in demand.
That was my hope, unfortunately I just found out someone I know snagged the job at the school, perfect hours and everything. I'm bummed.

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 04-04-2009, 08:04 AM   #872
ilovefh
Is it Disney time yet?

Shelby, subbing might be an option. All states have different requirements, but if NJ is anything like NH you need to be breathing, willing and have a background check come out clean. Yup, that's it! I know we have a lot of mom's here who sub and work in the cafeteria.

I think I made a mistake in putting my cell phone information into twitter! Those men (yes I am following Jon now too!) update at all hours of the night!

Angey, how exciting that you told people. I am pretty symptom free now so I don't "feel" pregnant, but it is fun to talk about. It makes it feel more real.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #873
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

I think NJ is a bit more strict with subbing. I wouldn't even mind being an aide, just to do something during the same hours my children are there.

I don't have my cell info on Twitter, although I wouldn't mind Donnie or Jon waking me in the middle of the night. lol

I am addicted to Twittering with Donnie and Jon now. I just love those boys. It's funny though how meeting Jon TOTALLY changed my opinion of him. That sweet, sweet man!!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 04-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #874
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Ok guys I'm back! One word - AMAZING! It was so unreal after hearing about it for months, looking at pics and videos to finally be there. Our tickets weren't too bad. My dh was a total trooper! He held all the stuff I bought and took all the pics so I could just enjoy the show. He even stood up the whole time!

I'll have to upload some pics later. I'm trying to figure out how to get Grand Rapids MI to work out tonight! Row 14 pops up on Ticketmaster.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:26 AM   #875
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

Aren't you going tomorrow?!?! Geez, pace yourself. I'm sure your seats weren't bad but the ones you will have tomorrow will be WAYYYYY better!!! You must be so excited!!!

Old 04-04-2009, 08:29 AM   #876
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

I want a new tag....I want another tag that says 'Jon's Tweetheart' What are my chances?? Probably not that great.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:33 AM   #877
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Karen... I totally forgot this was your first time! Glad you had fun!!!

We are under a blizzard warning today and I have to drive 90 miles to Des Moines to the airport. I just LOVE Midwest spring! Hope I make it!!! Have a good day everyone!!!
Old 04-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #878
Brae's Mom
In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
Karen... I totally forgot this was your first time! Glad you had fun!!!

We are under a blizzard warning today and I have to drive 90 miles to Des Moines to the airport. I just LOVE Midwest spring! Hope I make it!!! Have a good day everyone!!!
Good luck Heather, drive safely.

I myself am waiting for the 10 o'clock hour to buy my tickets to Mohegan Sun. Wish me luck girls!!!

Karen glad you had fun!!!! Now on to Sunday THAT will be a blast.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:53 AM   #879
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserkaren View Post
Ok guys I'm back! One word - AMAZING! It was so unreal after hearing about it for months, looking at pics and videos to finally be there. Our tickets weren't too bad. My dh was a total trooper! He held all the stuff I bought and took all the pics so I could just enjoy the show. He even stood up the whole time!

I'll have to upload some pics later. I'm trying to figure out how to get Grand Rapids MI to work out tonight! Row 14 pops up on Ticketmaster.
Karen, take a deep breath and calm down! We are going to be in the FRONT ROW tomorrow! You don't need to go to MI tonight, you need to rest up and prepare for tomorrow!

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 04-04-2009, 09:04 AM   #880
ilovefh
Is it Disney time yet?

Karen- glad you had a great time!!

Shelby- I'm an aide in the middle school here. I was going to apply for a teaching position for next year, but with baby due in Dec. I think I'll wait a bit for that. If we can financially work it out I want to stay home for a bit. Being an aide has it's pros and cons for sure! But at least here it is a full time position with benefits (2K added to your paycheck if you don't take it) and eligibility in the retirement system. All in all it is a good job because you come in at a certain time and leave at a certain time, no parent teacher conferences to run, no staying until ungodly hours to grade things. So you can really plan around it!

Old 04-04-2009, 09:31 AM   #881
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmelo View Post
Karen, take a deep breath and calm down! We are going to be in the FRONT ROW tomorrow! You don't need to go to MI tonight, you need to rest up and prepare for tomorrow!
I know! I'm trying to tell myself that very thing.

I'm glad I went last night b/c I was so shakey and overwhelmed that if I had waited and been row 1 the first time I may have just passed out! I'm even more excited about tomorrow now and I didn't think that was possible!

Heather, drive safely.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:36 AM   #882
danalee
You wouldnt understand, its a New Kids thing!

Whine Buddie No More!!!!!!!!!! Yeah I am so glad you had a great time, like there was any doubt!
Cant wait for the details from tomorrow, have an awesome time! Have a safe trip

Heather be careful and drive safe!
1998 Sept ~POFQ (honeymoon)
2005 Aug ~All Star Movie Son's first trip! B-day Surprise!
2006 Sept ~PoP w/ free dining (& 8th wedding anniversery)
2008 Aug ~All Star Sports Son's B-Day
2010 Sept ~POFQ Friends, Family & Anniversary Trip!
2012 Sept ~POFQ w/ BFF & Family~
Old 04-04-2009, 10:07 AM   #883
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone, hoping it just rains for now. Doesn't look like it will turn into snow until later tonight. Hopefully when I have to drive back to Des Moines for the concert on Monday it isn't bad! I can't wait to post a picture of all 9 of us in our matching shirts!!!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #884
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Karen, where are the pics????

I found the pose off video on youtube from the concert last night. Looks like it was fun!

Oh yeah.....what did you buy? Can you give me an idea of what all they had and prices?

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:36 AM   #885
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

Crystal - did you get your tickets!??!!

Heather - have fun!! I hope there are at least 3 backstage passes for you guys!!! Tell Jon I miss his hugs. LOL

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: