Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #826
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Crystal - Trust me, I know all about it not being the best time to spend the $$. You've got the other two though!!!

I'm heading out and will be listening for NKOTB tickets today. I'm hoping to win some more! I think they'll be giving some away every hour!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 04-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #827
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! I got my tickets for the Detroit show! Due to $$$ issues (if you know anything about Detroit's economy right now, you'd understand) my friends and I only got lawn seats but we're going! Weeeeee! It really was a great deal. 4 lawn seats for $12 each. I bought 8. It ended up being $20 each after all the fees but still $20 for New Kids? That's an awesome deal!

I've seen many concerts at DTE Energy Music Theater and even lawn seats are good. It's a relatively small venue. We're going to have quite a posse, 8 of my most fun girlfriends and the 5 hottest guys in show biz. It'll be a great night!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #828
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Fun Mom View Post
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! I got my tickets for the Detroit show! Due to $$$ issues (if you know anything about Detroit's economy right now, you'd understand) my friends and I only got lawn seats but we're going! Weeeeee! It really was a great deal. 4 lawn seats for $12 each. I bought 8. It ended up being $20 each after all the fees but still $20 for New Kids? That's an awesome deal!

I've seen many concerts at DTE Energy Music Theater and even lawn seats are good. It's a relatively small venue. We're going to have quite a posse, 8 of my most fun girlfriends and the 5 hottest guys in show biz. It'll be a great night!!!
Have a great time!

Old 04-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #829
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Awesome Hilarie! You and your girls are going to have a blast! That's a great deal, you can't pass it up!

Old 04-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #830
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Hillarie... you are going to have a blast! You have your own party with 8 of you!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 10:55 AM   #831
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Awww....Crystal........ Well, we would have loved for you to join us, but it probably is for the best. At least you have 2 other shows to look forward to!

Angey - I was thinking....it would be so cute for you to announce your news to your family on Easter. You could get some of those plastic eggs and put a little message in them, or a poem, or nursery rhyme (something cute) and some jelly beans and bring them to your get together and just say you thought it would be fun for you to hide the eggs with little prizes in them and let your family find them, then have them wait to open the eggs they find all together. That would be so fun!

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 04-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #832
angey77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmelo View Post
Angey - I was thinking....it would be so cute for you to announce your news to your family on Easter. You could get some of those plastic eggs and put a little message in them, or a poem, or nursery rhyme (something cute) and some jelly beans and bring them to your get together and just say you thought it would be fun for you to hide the eggs with little prizes in them and let your family find them, then have them wait to open the eggs they find all together. That would be so fun!
That is a cute idea, but I think Jason would veto me. He's not about a huge announcement. That's no surprise since he was super excited I didn't want a big wedding. He doesn't like being the center of attention. Plus, he has HUGE family get-togethers (like 50+), and I'm sure neither of us wants to spend all day answering the same questions over and over and over. It's already bad enough my sister called me and asked me what I wanted to eat at our family's crawfish boil ... that this is the only time she is taking requests from me "because I'm pregnant." Geesh!

It kinda stinks our doctor's visit isn't until the Tuesday after Easter. We could have let the information leak before the family function and maybe not get bombarded as much. We're not sure what the doctor could tell us at the visit that would make us think the pregnancy will not end in a successful birth, but we just want some kind of assurance before everyone knows about it. I'm not even sure if an ultrasound is done this early or what, I'll be right smack in the middle of eight weeks.

I do have to say, we do think it will be a miracle if we get through Easter without everyone knowing. My father-in-law is HORRIBLE at secrets and you put two beers in him and, well, word vomit. He's already tried to tell his neighbors and my mother-in-law stepped in just in time with "What about 'don't tell anyone don't you understand?'" I'm going to be on him like white on rice!
Old 04-03-2009, 11:18 AM   #833
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

The weather forecast for Sunday=NOT GOOD!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:23 AM   #834
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserkaren View Post
The weather forecast for Sunday=NOT GOOD!
I know... hope you don't have problems. Two of my friends and my sister are both flying onto Des Moines on Saturday for the concert on Monday. The ones coming from Denevr are going to have problems getting out on Saturday. Hope they can make it!
Old 04-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #835
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Angey - they usually do not do an ultrasound this early unless you are having problems. Most likely, they will just give you your official due date and talk to you about the insurance and costs and give you a "packet" of some kind, and give you a chance to ask questions.

Karen - I know, I heard the weather in Champaign for Sunday is supposed to be 80% chance of rain with thunder, and cool I hope Donnie will still come out for face time!

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 04-03-2009, 11:45 AM   #836
angey77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmelo View Post
Angey - they usually do not do an ultrasound this early unless you are having problems. Most likely, they will just give you your official due date and talk to you about the insurance and costs and give you a "packet" of some kind, and give you a chance to ask questions.
That's good to know. Thanks for the info!
I don't know, I think as we get closer, I might be able to talk Jason into telling more people. It's like we don't want to tell anyone "in case anything happens," but then again, something can happen at any time.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #837
ilovefh
Is it Disney time yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angey77 View Post

I do have to say, we do think it will be a miracle if we get through Easter without everyone knowing. My father-in-law is HORRIBLE at secrets and you put two beers in him and, well, word vomit. He's already tried to tell his neighbors and my mother-in-law stepped in just in time with "What about 'don't tell anyone don't you understand?'" I'm going to be on him like white on rice!

I know what you mean! My mom repeatedly warned me not to tell anyone yet. As I was walking into school on Tuesday a woman who I work with and who is also a family friend said she heard the good news. From who you ask....my mom. We're Greek and she has +YIAYIA on her license plate (grandmother in Greek) so my mom was calling to talk to her about license plates and to see if she knew what was available! We told our close friends already only because if something were to happen I am so emtional I know I would need them for support!

My mom made me so paranoid, more than I normally am, which is bad! It makes me nervous that my first appointment is not until April 28th. I'm not sure what I think seeing the Dr. before then will do, but it just seems so far away.

A bit off topic, but I am also on another message board for pregnant women and guess what they were talking about...NKOTB! Joking about naming their kids Donnie or Jordan! Ha Ha! They've taken over the world!

I signed up for the ticket rush thing, now I just need to figure out who is going so I know how many tickets to get! I have until the 10th thankfully!

And I've found that as I get older it's harder and harder to hold things in too! I have a professor who likes to intimidate her students. The other day when meeting with her she said she did not have one of my paper checked off as done. I showed it to her and she said "Well I see you have it now, but that doesn't mean you had it then." Rather than just being quiet I reminded her that she saw it the day it was due (she just has her grad assistant come around to check that you did it) becuase since I sit up front she picked it up and used it as an example several times. And she can ask the girls who I peer reviewed with and they can assure her that I had that paper. She gave me the credit!

Old 04-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #838
Brae's Mom
In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angey77 View Post
That's good to know. Thanks for the info!
I don't know, I think as we get closer, I might be able to talk Jason into telling more people. It's like we don't want to tell anyone "in case anything happens," but then again, something can happen at any time.
I don't know how you can keep it a secret. If I knew I would have to tell. I did with my daughter. I'm a horrible secret keeper when it comes to stuff like that.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:08 PM   #839
Brae's Mom
In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefh View Post
I signed up for the ticket rush thing, now I just need to figure out who is going so I know how many tickets to get! I have until the 10th thankfully!
I did that this morning for the Mohegan sun concert. Once you get the ticket rush password you have to have the password on ticketmaster which is different. I ended up not getting tickets pre-sale because they were all crappy seats, so I am going to get them when they go out to the general public in the morning.

Do you know what the password for ticketmaster is for the Mansfield show?? I know the ticket rush password but it is different for ticketmaster. The people on nkotb knew it but by the time I got it they only seats left were lousy.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #840
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brae's Mom View Post
I don't know how you can keep it a secret. If I knew I would have to tell. I did with my daughter. I'm a horrible secret keeper when it comes to stuff like that.
Me too! When I found out, as in just the at-home test, as soon as I called my family, I posted it on myspace!

I was the same way about waiting for an appointment too! I couldn't believe that they made you wait so long....I ended up having to go in early anyway though, for an early ultrasound because I was spotting. Everything was fine, but it made me really scared, even after they assured me everything looked good.

That is too funny about the pregnancy board talking about NK!

Here is a link I found that might be helpful to you:
http://www.thelaboroflove.com/articl...l-appointment/

I LOVE NKOTB!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: