Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #781
kte28
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
I would be very disapointed in you if you didn't try to go!

It would be so fun cruising with you!!!

It would be so much fun! I think you should give it some serious considerationnnn.

WDW June/July 1992 - WDW July 1994 - WDW July 1995 - WDW July 1996 - WDW July 1997 - WDW July 1998 - WDW July 1999 - WDW July 2000 - WDW/Disney Wonder July 2001 - WDW/Disney Magic July 2002 - WDW/RCL July 2004/RCL - WDW April 2007 - WDW July 2008 - WDW August 2009 - US/IOA August 2010 - WDW July 2012
- WDW July 2014
Old 04-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #782
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brae's Mom View Post
So hubby is thinking about the whole Indianapolis thing. He was a little curious as to why I suddenly got excited to go to visit the in-laws in KY. When I tell you this keep in mind that my husband and I met on the internet. I was living in FL and he in KY. He actually said to me "are you sure you want to go Indy to a concert with girls that you have never met before, are you sure you can trust that?????" UMMMMMMM how did I meet you you big goof. I told him I didn't think that any of you were any crazier than I was (haha) and that I think it will all be fine. I'm going to let him think he's making the decision.

I'm at work today, going to be a busy day so I might not be on here much, but have a great day!!!!

My dad just something to me AGAIN yesterday about this very thing. "Are you sure you want to go to a concert and stay overnight with someone you've never met?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid
After not getting Vegas 5* yesterday, I am reconsidering the cruise. I will spend just as much for 2 nights in Vegas by the time you figure in everything. Biggest problem being that I will NOT be swim suit ready in a little over a month. Hmmmm what to do?!?!!
Oh I'm green with envy. I just metioned (AGAIN)to dh something about going just this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danalee
Bought My Tickets girls!

I didnt get 5* oh but I wanted to, but given our family situation at the moment, I thought better of it, after all this waiting I'm just thrilled to have tickets and be there!

Finally my turn! Yeah me
Very soon we'll no longer have to be whine/wine buddies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105
Don't forget that taxes and fees will add on another $100-150 per person on the price of the cruise! I was looking into going but its just so much money for a 3 night cruise.
I know! I could almost take a family vacay with the 4 of us for what that would cost by the time I add in all the extras. Flights, transportation, drinks, taxes! Grrr.. Did you guys see all the posts in the cruise talk section about everyone acting like normal, grown up, ladies? I doubt that will happen but I still want to be there!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #783
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserkaren View Post
My dad just something to me AGAIN yesterday about this very thing. "Are you sure you want to go to a concert and stay overnight with someone you've never met?"

Oh I'm green with envy. I just metioned (AGAIN)to dh something about going just this week.

Very soon we'll no longer have to be whine/wine buddies!!

I know! I could almost take a family vacay with the 4 of us for what that would cost by the time I add in all the extras. Flights, transportation, drinks, taxes! Grrr.. Did you guys see all the posts in the cruise talk section about everyone acting like normal, grown up, ladies? I doubt that will happen but I still want to be there!

Karen, just tell your Dad that since you're driving, if I turn psycho you'll just throw me out of the moving car!

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 04-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #784
Brae's Mom
In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmelo View Post
Karen, just tell your Dad that since you're driving, if I turn psycho you'll just throw me out of the moving car!
Melody - do you live in Indianapolis?? I'm trying to figure out drive time for me to get to you from the in-laws house.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:36 PM   #785
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Melody - do you live in Indianapolis?? I'm trying to figure out drive time for me to get to you from the in-laws house.
I'm actually in Brownsburg, IN (a suburb of Indy) and the concert is in Noblesville (another Suburb). Karen lives in yet another town, which is probably closer to the concert. I don't want to write it on here in case she doesn't want it published for the whole forum to read, but you can ask her. We could probably all meet at her place and go together from there, if she's up for that.

EDIT: Actually, I'm just under an hour WEST of Noblesville and Karen is just over an hour EAST of Noblesville. So, use whichever place is closest for you to your advantage!

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 04-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #786
Brae's Mom
In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

Quote:
I'm actually in Brownsburg, IN (a suburb of Indy) and the concert is in Noblesville (another Suburb). Karen lives in yet another town, which is probably closer to the concert. I don't want to write it on here in case she doesn't want it published for the whole forum to read, but you can ask her. We could probably all meet at her place and go together from there, if she's up for that.

EDIT: Actually, I'm just under an hour WEST of Noblesville and Karen is just over an hour EAST of Noblesville. So, use whichever place is closest for you to your advantage!
Well I just did a map quest of Madisonville, KY (which is western KY, about 40 mins from Evansville) and it is about 4 hours from Brownsburg. So that is doable. I would definitely have to stay up there that night and drive back the next morning, but we are driving to KY, so I could do it. Just wanted to be prepared because now hubby has had all day to come up with questions and I want to be ready with the answers.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #787
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!

Quote:
That'd be fine but it would be out of the way for you guys quite a bit. It'd probably be better if we met around I69. You'd be driving about an hour passed Deer Creek to get to me then driving back there.

What part of KY would you be coming from Crystal?

ETA-NM I see it above!!

Old 04-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #788
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well I just did a map quest of Madisonville, KY (which is western KY, about 40 mins from Evansville) and it is about 4 hours from Brownsburg. So that is doable. I would definitely have to stay up there that night and drive back the next morning, but we are driving to KY, so I could do it. Just wanted to be prepared because now hubby has had all day to come up with questions and I want to be ready with the answers.
Ok, I just mapped Madisonville to Karen's town, and it is a little longer drive, so your best bet would be to drive to my house (which would probably work better anyway if you're going to stay with me) and then we would ride together to meet Karen. Any other ?'s he might ask? Like I said, you are welcome to stay with me....we have a queen sized air bed and plenty of floor space in the office for it. We don't smoke, we do have a small dog (mini Schnauzer) but she doesn't smell or shed. Oh, and we have a 16 month old who does get smelly sometimes

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 04-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #789
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!

Quote:
I'm going to tell him you said that! I'm a daddy's girl. He still looks at me like I'm 6!

Old 04-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #790
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Hi girls!! I've been out all day and I've missed out on A LOT of planning! Cruisers, 5* peeps, strangers meeting up and spending the night together ...

What's shaking, girls?

Noah has his first baseball scrimmage tonight. He's very excited and so am I. I'm heading to pick him up from school but wanted to check in with you all first.

Will anyone else be coming to the Camden show!??!!? I want to know who I'm going to see there!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 04-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #791
kte28
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Please do let us know if you get a response. I'm panicking too! And there isn't even an on-sale date for Indiana yet.
Just got an email back from ILAA. The 5* that sold out for Camden were specfici to the AmEx Presale. More will be released after the presale window is over. I expect all other venues to be the same. That's at least a LITTLE relief. So I definitely still have a shot to get ones for MA, but with fewer available, fighting to get them might be a little harder. Fingers crossed!

WDW June/July 1992 - WDW July 1994 - WDW July 1995 - WDW July 1996 - WDW July 1997 - WDW July 1998 - WDW July 1999 - WDW July 2000 - WDW/Disney Wonder July 2001 - WDW/Disney Magic July 2002 - WDW/RCL July 2004/RCL - WDW April 2007 - WDW July 2008 - WDW August 2009 - US/IOA August 2010 - WDW July 2012
- WDW July 2014
Old 04-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #792
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kte28 View Post
Just got an email back from ILAA. The 5* that sold out for Camden were specfici to the AmEx Presale. More will be released after the presale window is over. I expect all other venues to be the same. That's at least a LITTLE relief. So I definitely still have a shot to get ones for MA, but with fewer available, fighting to get them might be a little harder. Fingers crossed!
Thanks for checking!

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 04-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #793
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kte28 View Post
Phew! Thanks for finding out for us!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 04-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #794
danalee
You wouldnt understand, its a New Kids thing!

my seats arent bad actually, well from diagram thingie anyway, section 2 row D, but there you also have the "pit" in front of you as well, so we shall see about that, cause I have to say I DO NOT like the Pittsburgh Post Gazzett Pavlion, never have since we seen the boys there 20 years ago! Its just so far out of the burgh and I have had a couple bad experience's there with other concerts as well~ but honestly I am just happy that I can go, with such a crappy year we have had so far, some fun is much welcomed!

Karen I have never been so happy to "Almost NOT" be someone whine/wine buddie!
Have fun my friend!
1998 Sept ~POFQ (honeymoon)
2005 Aug ~All Star Movie Son's first trip! B-day Surprise!
2006 Sept ~PoP w/ free dining (& 8th wedding anniversery)
2008 Aug ~All Star Sports Son's B-Day
2010 Sept ~POFQ Friends, Family & Anniversary Trip!
2012 Sept ~POFQ w/ BFF & Family~
Old 04-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #795
angey77
DIS Veteran

OK, maybe I'm a bit slow, but what's a "ticket rush presale"? I see for Houston they have AMEX presale, radio presale (and what's that?) and then ticket rush presale.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: