Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 07:19 AM   #676
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

I've been wondering if the summer tour will be the end. They all have other jobs that they obviously put on hold for the reunion. Danny has the jet company, Jon has the real estate stuff, Donnie has everything under the sun, Joe has done stage acting, tv, solo stuff, Jordan solo stuff. Not to mention their families.

All of that is why I'm insisting on seeing the Full Service tour. I told Jay that I would be so upset if this was my last chance seeing them...ever...and I missed it.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:45 AM   #677
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh24fan View Post
I've been wondering if the summer tour will be the end. They all have other jobs that they obviously put on hold for the reunion. Danny has the jet company, Jon has the real estate stuff, Donnie has everything under the sun, Joe has done stage acting, tv, solo stuff, Jordan solo stuff. Not to mention their families.

All of that is why I'm insisting on seeing the Full Service tour. I told Jay that I would be so upset if this was my last chance seeing them...ever...and I missed it.
This is what Melody and I talked about on Monday. I just can't see them doing this for years. They all have kids (exception Jon) and I'm sure they don't want to miss out on most of their lives by being on the road. Really, they've missed out on almost a year already. But then again, I don't understand celebrities lives and how they do it on a regular basis anyway.

I certainly wouldn't fault them if this was it. Most groups don't tour endlessly so it has to have a finale at some point.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2009, 08:03 AM   #678
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Well, I'm still sitting this tour out. I just have too many other things going on, so I'm totally okay with it. I mean I have at least 2 other concerts, a trip to Disney and St Lucia. Sadly we don't have a money tree in our yard! With my hubby being the only one bringing in money, I just don't feel right about asking to be able to do another 5*.

If this is the end then I will just be happy with the 3 times I got to see them. I mean, I was as close as humanly possible in AC...I'll never be able to top that.

I did notice the little wink/smilie Donnie used on Twitter. I know they all have other jobs but those jobs can't possibly pay as much as what they're doing now. The economy isn't good right now so if I were them I'd do this for as long as possible and then be set for life! But whatever they decide...

I still think they have another album in them!

I will be content to live vicariously through you all!! So spare me no details!!!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 04-01-2009, 08:07 AM   #679
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Quick question... did any of you try to friend Donnie on FB and you didn't get a response? My friend said her friend request wasn't accepted and she sent it days ago!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 04-01-2009, 08:13 AM   #680
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

Well crap Shelby, if you want to go to a show, we'll take your trip to Disney or St. Lucia! HAHAHA

I totally get it, I really do. If I had all that planned, I think I'd be ok with it too!!

I'm really excited about this show though because my 20 year old cousin and her best friend are going with me! They have both been sucked in and can't stop listening to the CD. I told them they would love it, but noooo, they didn't believe me until recently. BRATS! Anyway, it's super exciting to me to be able to share this with them. Kristyn is and always has been my "favorite" in our family. I was 10 when she was born and we've been super close all her life. I love that she and her friend are falling for my "first loves." I think I'm more excited about going to a show with them than I have been all along!

Old 04-01-2009, 08:19 AM   #681
Brae's Mom
In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post
Well, I'm still sitting this tour out. I just have too many other things going on, so I'm totally okay with it. I mean I have at least 2 other concerts, a trip to Disney and St Lucia. Sadly we don't have a money tree in our yard! With my hubby being the only one bringing in money, I just don't feel right about asking to be able to do another 5*.

If this is the end then I will just be happy with the 3 times I got to see them. I mean, I was as close as humanly possible in AC...I'll never be able to top that.

I did notice the little wink/smilie Donnie used on Twitter. I know they all have other jobs but those jobs can't possibly pay as much as what they're doing now. The economy isn't good right now so if I were them I'd do this for as long as possible and then be set for life! But whatever they decide...

I still think they have another album in them!

I will be content to live vicariously through you all!! So spare me no details!!!

WOW Shelby you're gonna be a busy girl coming up huh?? I agree with you I think they have another album in them, but I would totally understand at the same time if they wanted to be done after the summer tour. I would be really said though!

I'll make a deal with you......I'll think of you while I'm at the concerts this summer if you think of me while you're sitting on the beach or at the pool in St. Lucia. I so want to go there sometime!!!! We're still hoping for next year for our 10th anniversary. I still have to pow wow with you about that. I need details on the Sandals stuff.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 04-01-2009, 08:26 AM   #682
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brae's Mom View Post
I'll make a deal with you......I'll think of you while I'm at the concerts this summer if you think of me while you're sitting on the beach or at the pool in St. Lucia.
DEAL!

Just remember the rule everyone...if you do 5* or meet Jon you have to tell him that Shelby said he gives the best hugs. I told Heather yesterday, then by the time I meet him again he'll have a restraining order against me. LOL

So, I called in to our local radio station today. They were talking about spray tanning and the one host wanted to know where he should go. My parents own a place so I called in with my little Alvin and the Chipmunks voice and plugged my parents' salon. LOL I even called and woke up my dad to make sure they'd spray the guy for free before I called and told him that! My friend just called, she heard me and said she recognized my little voice right away.

Just wanted to share.

And by the way...don't TOTALLY count me out. If for some reason I see really good non-5* seats...I may just snag them. But I don't think it's going to happen.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:40 AM   #683
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DEAL!

Just remember the rule everyone...if you do 5* or meet Jon you have to tell him that Shelby said he gives the best hugs. I told Heather yesterday, then by the time I meet him again he'll have a restraining order against me. LOL

So, I called in to our local radio station today. They were talking about spray tanning and the one host wanted to know where he should go. My parents own a place so I called in with my little Alvin and the Chipmunks voice and plugged my parents' salon. LOL I even called and woke up my dad to make sure they'd spray the guy for free before I called and told him that! My friend just called, she heard me and said she recognized my little voice right away.

Just wanted to share.

And by the way...don't TOTALLY count me out. If for some reason I see really good non-5* seats...I may just snag them. But I don't think it's going to happen.
That is too funny, Shelby! Can you believe that the town I live in does not have a place that spray tans?!! It is insane! You have seen me, Shelby... I have the fairest Irish skin around! I glow I am so pale! I need spray tanning! I have to pick my friend and my sister up at the airport on Saturday in Des Moines and I am going early so that I can spray tan! I have another 4th row show to look good for on Monday!

I think you might be surprised at the availability of tickets for the summer tour. There are about 500 East Coast shows, so you won't have so many people trying to get tickets for the same show. Keep your eyes open and definitely watch Ebay and Stub Hub.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:41 AM   #684
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmelo View Post
Yep, I just came on here to post that I saw the prices of $375 for the ones that go on sale tomorrow. Now if they could just post the on sale dates and prices for the "coming soon" ones! I would think that all will be $375, but it would be nice to have a sale date!
That's what I'm sayin, I want a sale date at the very least!

Quote:
Just curious if any of you guys watch 90210. (I know it's kind of funny to be talking NKOTB and 90210) The new guy on there is smokin' hot!! That's all...back to all your concert planning.
I watch the new 90210! Silver is psychotic...but yes, the new guy is very cute!

Quote:
By the way, someone is following me on Twitter and I don't know who they are. I'm going to check and see who's following you guys and see if she's on your lists!
There's a couple people following me on twitter and I have absolutely no clue who they are. One is from a town about 15-20 minutes away from my office.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 04-01-2009, 08:54 AM   #685
angey77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
There's a couple people following me on twitter and I have absolutely no clue who they are. One is from a town about 15-20 minutes away from my office.
If I don't recognize the person, I deny their request to follow. Hence, the reason why I started the "Do you Twitter?" thread on Facebook. It's just creepy ... why do you want to follow me if you don't know me? Crazy.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:55 AM   #686
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

Jenny - didn't you think the whole Silver going crazy story line came out of nowhere? That was sort of bizarre. I like that new guy though, he'll be a delicious addition to the show, although Naomi is a FREAK! I actually have a little thing for Mr Matthews.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:57 AM   #687
Brae's Mom
In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

Quote:
DEAL!

Either that or he'll be wondering who the heck Shelby is and just HAS to find out who you are. That wouldn't be so bad now would it???
Old 04-01-2009, 09:06 AM   #688
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angey77 View Post
If I don't recognize the person, I deny their request to follow. Hence, the reason why I started the "Do you Twitter?" thread on Facebook. It's just creepy ... why do you want to follow me if you don't know me? Crazy.
I'm not following him on it. My profile is public though so anyone can look at it, I guess.

Quote:
Jenny - didn't you think the whole Silver going crazy story line came out of nowhere? That was sort of bizarre. I like that new guy though, he'll be a delicious addition to the show, although Naomi is a FREAK! I actually have a little thing for Mr Matthews.
I always thought Silver was kind of off balance, since she flipped out on Dixon for saying 'I love you' and knocked over the sand castle. She's the new Emily Valentine I guess! The only sane girl on that show seems to be Adrianna and she was a drug addict and is now pregnant!

Naomi does NOT look like she's a high schooler.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 04-01-2009, 09:17 AM   #689
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

Quote:
I always thought Silver was kind of off balance, since she flipped out on Dixon for saying 'I love you' and knocked over the sand castle. She's the new Emily Valentine I guess! The only sane girl on that show seems to be Adrianna and she was a drug addict and is now pregnant!

Naomi does NOT look like she's a high schooler.
I think Adrianna is SO pretty now that she's not doped up all the time. Some of those girls look like they REALLY need a burger or something. They are way TOO thin!!!

I'm listening to the radio since they're giving away NKOTB tickets. I swear, they play the same songs ALL the time. Sheesh!! And why don't they play a NKOTB song!!!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:18 AM   #690
angey77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not following him on it. My profile is public though so anyone can look at it, I guess.
OK, I just checked the "notices" tab of Twitter. You can check off a box to receive an email when someone starts following you. From that email, you get a link to a page of recent followers and from there, you can deny them.

Also, I just saw you can turn off notifications during certain times of the day (or night ... thank you Mr. Wahlberg). Check under "devices."

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: