Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #211
angey77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh24fan View Post
I'm now following Donnie. Ya know, I'm 31 yrs old and more into them now than I was when I was 12. IS that bad? Yesterday my dad called to tell me happy birthday and I asked if he knew I had gone to see them again on Thursday night. He said yeah, then told me I needed to get a life!!!
I follow no celebrities, but I signed up for Donnie. I'm pathetic!
Old 03-23-2009, 11:57 AM   #212
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

We were in row E.

The show started at 7:30 and the Jabbawockeez were done at 8pm. The NKOTB came on around 8:30. (but the schedule said 8:20)

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #213
ilovefh
Is it Disney time yet?

Thanks Shelby! We should be good then. As long as we leave around 5 or so we should make it on time. I just need to make sure I have CLEAR directions so we don't get lost!
Old 03-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #214
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Outdoor festivals? Hmm.... we have the Mann Music Center in Philly...I wonder if that's one. I don't know that I'd go to that one though, outside in the summer can be brutal!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 03-23-2009, 12:58 PM   #215
Brae's Mom
In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefh View Post
I just bought tickets to Portland! It was a tough call because my friend said she couldn't go, but her boyfriend informed me that it was because of money and he'd pay for her. He is super! There were good tickets available on the resale sites, but I refuse to pay 24.95 for shipping when they were going to email me the tickets! We are in Section C, so we'll get a side view of the stage, but I'm ok with that! The tickets were only $40. I wanted section D Row 1 but those were $70 and my friend's boyfriend would not pay that much!

Have you been to the Civic Center before? How is parking? My friend is a Tastefully Simple Rep and she is havign a party at school at 3 so I'm hoping to leave by five!

For those that have seen the shw, for a 7:30 show, what time did NKOTB come on?

I'm at school so I can't watch the video but I will check it out at home!
YAY!!! I've been to the civic center tons. If you come in on 295 it is marked pretty good. I think probably the guys will come on around 8:30 or so, but I'm not totally sure. Parking at the civic center.......there is a parking garage for the civic center right next to it. It's a pay by the hour type thing. But if you're staying over you could just park at the hotel, but not sure if you're doing that.

Section C is still pretty good seats though!! Have fun.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #216
Brae's Mom
In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

Hi everyone!!! Thanks to Melody and Heather, I am now twittering, so hopefully I can give some feedback the night of the show once I get it all figured out. I am canderson73 on twitter so if you're on there try to find me and I'll try to give updates throughout the night. Now I've gotta try to find Donnie on there. hehe
Old 03-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #217
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Crystal, I'm having trouble finding you on Twitter. Try to add me if you can, I'm Marshmelo76. Also, anyone else on here who has a Twitter account, feel free to add me if I haven't already added you. Angey, I tried to find you but couldn't.

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 03-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #218
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh24fan View Post
I'm now following Donnie. Ya know, I'm 31 yrs old and more into them now than I was when I was 12. IS that bad? Yesterday my dad called to tell me happy birthday and I asked if he knew I had gone to see them again on Thursday night. He said yeah, then told me I needed to get a life!!!
It' because of the internet! I couldn't imagine if we'd had the internet the first time around. I may have never left my house.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:07 PM   #219
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

I just don't know about twitter...

Old 03-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #220
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post
Oh, come on....you know you want to. EVERYONE is doing it!

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 03-23-2009, 03:06 PM   #221
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post
don't do it Shelby! Be strong with me!

Old 03-23-2009, 04:31 PM   #222
michael's mom
DIS Veteran

so, please don't kick me out of the thread...but, I had to decide against the tickets...even though they were great tickets. My sis just got a tatoo (crazy girl that she is) and really can't afford to go, it's a work night for me and with our Disney trip coming up it's really not something I can be paying for right now either.

I am so bummed. I can think of a few outdoor places that they could come to here in MA so I'm just hoping that the summertime brings them back home!

DH Me DS DD Chloe Louie
1980-1989 many times at Polynesian;1990, 1993, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2002 CBR;2004 CBR Honeymoon;2007 CBR Baby's 1st trip; 2009 Grand Gathering at POR;
2011 Wedding and Grand Gathering at our home...CBR Pirate style; 2013 CBR Baby's 1st trip
Old 03-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #223
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael's mom View Post
so, please don't kick me out of the thread...but, I had to decide against the tickets...even though they were great tickets. My sis just got a tatoo (crazy girl that she is) and really can't afford to go, it's a work night for me and with our Disney trip coming up it's really not something I can be paying for right now either.

I am so bummed. I can think of a few outdoor places that they could come to here in MA so I'm just hoping that the summertime brings them back home!

Tough decision, but probably the right choice!

Has that "rate this thread" option always been at the top of the page or is that something that is new after the upgrade? I just saw it for the first time and voted our thread as excellent!
Old 03-23-2009, 05:17 PM   #224
michael's mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
Tough decision, but probably the right choice!

Has that "rate this thread" option always been at the top of the page or is that something that is new after the upgrade? I just saw it for the first time and voted our thread as excellent!
I know, it was tough. I was gettin giddy when I saw the tickets and felt myself starting to panic when I wasn't just buying them...but I knew I needed to wait to talk to my sis anyway as she has her big doctors appointment the day before and will be beginning new treatment. Oh well, I think part of my panic is that they'll stop touring again for another 15 years

As for the rate this thread, it's always been there. I can't see anything different after the very long upgrade.

DH Me DS DD Chloe Louie
1980-1989 many times at Polynesian;1990, 1993, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2002 CBR;2004 CBR Honeymoon;2007 CBR Baby's 1st trip; 2009 Grand Gathering at POR;
2011 Wedding and Grand Gathering at our home...CBR Pirate style; 2013 CBR Baby's 1st trip
Old 03-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #225
lovemickeya
Blockhead forever

Ok Ladies- I too gave in.... I am now on twitter (thanks Donnie)

My name on there is:
amgarcia72

Thanks again ladies for posted the great pictures.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: