Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #1621
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Ah, finally the answer for Tink!.........uh, ok.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:43 PM   #1622
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Yeah...that's weird.

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #1623
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

I have ALWAYS said that Jordan is the oddest one. LOL He's just weird. Sorry girls...

I'm beat and going to bed. I Didn't sleep much last night, too excited about Jacoby, sorta weird since I have 2 of my own, but whatever. LOL I've been running all day and ready to go to sleep. I'll put some pics on FB in the morning. He's sooo cute ya'll! Baby fever is inching in...Jay holds steady at "ummmm..yeah, not happening." LOL

Old 05-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #1624
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

I have ALWAYS said that Jordan is the oddest one. LOL He's just weird. Sorry girls...

I'm beat and going to bed. I Didn't sleep much last night, too excited about Jacoby, sorta weird since I have 2 of my own, but whatever. LOL I've been running all day and ready to go to sleep. I'll put some pics on FB in the morning. He's sooo cute ya'll! Baby fever is inching in...Jay holds steady at "ummmm..yeah, not happening." LOL

Old 05-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #1625
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday? I DVR'd it and just watched it this morning. It was very disturbing. It was about kids that are bullied, two of which killed themselves. (only 11 years old!) It was so sad!!

I've always told Noah that I would NEVER be mad at him for sticking up for himself, even if it meant hitting someone. I know that sounds horrible but I do NOT want my kid to be a doormat.

Anyway...that show was very upsetting to me.

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 05-07-2009, 11:09 AM   #1626
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Trying to plan a trip for Brian's R&R... he will be home end of August/beginning of September. His bday is 8/28 and our 10 year anniversary is 9/4, so a couple of big things happening besides the fact that we only have two weeks as a family for the whole year! Need some opinions... would you spend a week at WDW or a few days at Disneyland and a 3 night Mexico cruise? We LOVE WDW, but I think it would be fun to go to Disneyland since we have not been there. The third option would be to meet Brian in Germany at the military resort in the Alps, but that requires taking the kids out of school for the full two weeks. Not sure I want to do that. Plus the jet lag and the international flights... as much as I would love to do this one, I don't think it will happen! So, what would you do if you were me?
Old 05-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #1627
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

That's a tough one, Heather. I've never been to DisneyLand but am told the entire thing would fit in the parking lot for the Magic Kingdom. Do you think it would be disappointing in comparison to Disney World?

Again, I have no idea about it because I've never been!!

Why not just a nice week in the Caribbean???

Old 05-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #1628
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post
That's a tough one, Heather. I've never been to DisneyLand but am told the entire thing would fit in the parking lot for the Magic Kingdom. Do you think it would be disappointing in comparison to Disney World?

Again, I have no idea about it because I've never been!!

Why not just a nice week in the Caribbean???
We are doing a beach trip when he gets back with his college/high school friends, so I want to do something more active for this one. Also, and this sounds weird, I know... that two weeks is a really strange time. It is hard for everyone to adjust to the togetherness during R&R. A really active vacation will be a good distraction from that!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #1629
amyup
Mouseketeer
Can't win 'em all but I got a tag anyway!

I would vote for Disneyland but I am biased towards Dland. Our family enjoys it much more than Disneyworld. You could even do a California trip. A few days at Disneyland and maybe a trip up the coast.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:14 PM   #1630
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

I know no one is expecting this coming from me but....what about a weeklong caribbean cruise? There is tons to do so it can definitely be active. Especially on ships like Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas, Independence of the Seas or Freedom of the Seas. They have a water park area, an ice skating rink, rock wall, rollerblading, and way too much stuff to list here. I haven't been on this class of ships but hear they are amazing for families. Plus your girls can join in some activities in the kid's club giving you and dh some time for drinks or other things.

There is some really cool things to do in the caribbean. Swimming with stingrays, climbing waterfalls, cave tubing or sailing a racing yacht.

Just an idea. What a fun "decision" to have to make!

Old 05-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #1631
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Heather, I've never been to Disneyland but I think it would be worth checking out. I've wanted to go there just to see how it compares to WDW. I don't think you'll be disappointed because it's still Disney after all; I think it will just be different. I think a really great selling point on it was that if it weren't for Disneyland...there would probably be no WDW. It may not be superior but it's the original.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:35 PM   #1632
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserkaren View Post
Ah, finally the answer for Tink!.........uh, ok.
Oh lord, don't even get me started on how stupid that whole thing is/was.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #1633
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

I'm liking the idea of DisneyLand followed by a trip to another part of CA, especially the coast. How fun would that be!??!?!

I understand what you're saying about it being an adjustment when your hubby first comes back. No matter what you do, it'll be fun!!

Old 05-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #1634
walkerag
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Oh lord, don't even get me started on how stupid that whole thing is/was.
So what did Tink mean? I'm not on Twitter so I don't know.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:02 PM   #1635
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

I think my hubby will be all for Disneyland and a short cruise out of Los Angeles. I think he will welcome the change. Has to involve Disney parks because I told the kids we would get there this year... I just don't have the energy to take three small kids there alone! So, it has to be during his R&R. I keep thinking of the AWESOME deals available for military at WDW this year. Unfortunately they will not be offered at Disneyland when we can go. At WDW my hubby can get in free, the rest of us $99 each!!! PLUS 40 % off hotels and they are allowing us to add the dining plan to the discounted room rate. It is a pretty unbelievable deal!

Keep the ideas coming!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: