Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #1561
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

OHHHHH! I just realized looking at Erin's ticker than I am a month away from my next concert!! WAHOO!!
Old 05-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #1562
amyup
Mouseketeer
Can't win 'em all but I got a tag anyway!

Boma is a great buffet and I'm not a buffet girl. We also loved Wolfgang's Express in downtown disney. Another place we really enjoyed was T-Rex cafe. We were surprised by how much better the food was versus Rainforest. Plus the boys loved the ice cave room.

Last time we ended up doing the disney dining plan and loved it! We thought it was pretty good value for our money. I also liked not having to worry about the money since everything was prepaid. We're DVC too so we paid for it oop.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2009, 08:05 AM   #1563
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

I think I just fell in love....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axQR7Wpz6ek

Old 05-03-2009, 08:07 AM   #1564
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

Joe is my #1...but Jon is winning my heart!!! Look at our quiet Jon in that interview! I've NEVER EVER heard him talk that much!

Old 05-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #1565
walkerag
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh24fan View Post

I've never heard him talk that much either, he is sooo precious!
Old 05-03-2009, 11:28 AM   #1566
angey77
DIS Veteran

Shelby, doesn't it stink DVC can't ever get free dining? Argh.

Top restaurants:
California Grill - hands down my favorite. Try to get a seating during Wishes, it's spectacular!
LeCellier - mushroom filet ... that's all I have to say
Boma - great buffet, but if you are not an adventurous eater, I wouldn't recommend it. I have one friend who is a burger kinda gal and can't stand it!
Beaches & Cream - best counter service in all of WDW. Two adults can easily split a double cheeseburger and a No Way Jose (or just skip the burger and go with the little slice of heaven called the No Way Jose)
Crystal Palace - IMHO, the best character meal out there now that Liberty Tree doesn't do character dining ... or did they go back to that? If it is character dining again, I would definitely do LTT for some down-home comfort food

Other places I think are good:
50s Prime Time
Cape May (you have to love seafood)
O'Hana (old menu, trying the new one in three weeks ... I'm still annoyed they got rid of the shrimp wontons, but at least they brought the skewered shrimp back ... and enjoy it with a Lapu Lapu cocktail!)
Cinderella's Royal Table
Yak & Yeti counter service - fried rice and an eggroll ... cheap and good! Just don't get the honey chicken ... yuck!
Tangeriene Cafe - great change of pace for counter service
Whispering Canyon - fun!
Artist's Palette
Citrico's

Places I can do without:
Sci-Fi - too quiet
Le Chefs de France
San Angel
Rainforest Cafe
Mama Melrose
Old 05-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #1567
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh24fan View Post

Ahhh... I him! Lucky Iowa girl (that wasn't me) that won a phone call from him... guess he might actually talk!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 05:45 PM   #1568
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Thanks for the clip of Jon, my huggy buddy.

And thanks for the dining ideas! We've been to California Grill, Ohana, Whispering Canyon and Citricos.

Here's my list at this point...let me know if there's something on here you absolutely think is horrible.

Dinner - LTT, Tony's Toon Town, San Angel Inn, Coral Reef, Le Cellier and Sci-Fi Dine In.

Breakfast - Kona Cafe, Whispering Canyon and Chef Mickey's.

We've eaten at LTT before for dinner and loved it. I ate at San Angel Inn and enjoyed that too, it was years ago but I think our kids will like it. Coral Reef is my son's favorite because he is my seafood lover.

We want to do Kona for breakfast because I want some Tonga Toast in the worst way! I had a bite of it two trips ago but it was just after my hysterectomy and my appetite wasn't that great. This time I want to get it when I can fully enjoy it!

I've never eaten at Le Cellier, Sci-Fi Dine In or Tony's Toon Town.

Any tips? I won't be offended.

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 05-03-2009, 06:34 PM   #1569
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post
Thanks for the clip of Jon, my huggy buddy.

And thanks for the dining ideas! We've been to California Grill, Ohana, Whispering Canyon and Citricos.

Here's my list at this point...let me know if there's something on here you absolutely think is horrible.

Dinner - LTT, Tony's Toon Town, San Angel Inn, Coral Reef, Le Cellier and Sci-Fi Dine In.

Breakfast - Kona Cafe, Whispering Canyon and Chef Mickey's.

We've eaten at LTT before for dinner and loved it. I ate at San Angel Inn and enjoyed that too, it was years ago but I think our kids will like it. Coral Reef is my son's favorite because he is my seafood lover.

We want to do Kona for breakfast because I want some Tonga Toast in the worst way! I had a bite of it two trips ago but it was just after my hysterectomy and my appetite wasn't that great. This time I want to get it when I can fully enjoy it!

I've never eaten at Le Cellier, Sci-Fi Dine In or Tony's Toon Town.

Any tips? I won't be offended.

If you're finding you have too many places you want to go for meals, you can always just get dessert at Sci-Fi. I mostly like it for the atmosphere...the food is nothing special, but you must go there for the unique experience....and your kids will love it! Make sure you request a car table!

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 05-03-2009, 06:35 PM   #1570
Pooh's Pixie
The joy I get seeing those little red envelopes in the mail really speaks to how unexciting my life is!

Okay, ladies, I haven't checked into this new thread (although you have tons of posts I will never go through!)...as you may remember, Jordan lives in my town and his son does Cub Scouts with mine....well, I just wanted to pop in and say I played Simon Says next to Jordan on Friday night! We had a big Simon Says game with a professional Simon, and it was a lot of fun. Jordan looked like he was having a ball. I didn't take pics, but a friend of mine did. I will have to see if I can get a couple from her...

I have to say I haven't seen Jordan at too many events this year 'cause of the tour. He looked like he was having fun with his family, and looked relaxed. last time I saw him (a few months ago) he looked SOOO tired!

Anyway, there's your little glimpse into his life...I know you guys love that!

p.s. For the record, Jordan lasted longer than I did in Simon Says!!!!!

SSR Owners
Mom of

Old 05-03-2009, 07:09 PM   #1571
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Would it be wrong of me to say that I hate you, Pooh's Pixie?!?! Just kidding. I'm JEALOUS!!! Glad he looked like he was having fun. It's nice to know he spends time with his kids just like any other dad would. And PLEASE share the pics!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 05-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #1572
Brae's Mom
In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's Pixie View Post
Okay, ladies, I haven't checked into this new thread (although you have tons of posts I will never go through!)...as you may remember, Jordan lives in my town and his son does Cub Scouts with mine....well, I just wanted to pop in and say I played Simon Says next to Jordan on Friday night! We had a big Simon Says game with a professional Simon, and it was a lot of fun. Jordan looked like he was having a ball. I didn't take pics, but a friend of mine did. I will have to see if I can get a couple from her...

I have to say I haven't seen Jordan at too many events this year 'cause of the tour. He looked like he was having fun with his family, and looked relaxed. last time I saw him (a few months ago) he looked SOOO tired!

Anyway, there's your little glimpse into his life...I know you guys love that!

p.s. For the record, Jordan lasted longer than I did in Simon Says!!!!!
JEALOUS!!!!! But at least now I can say that I have met and touched the man!!! I will die a happy woman!!!! Perhaps I need to move to Mass, and have a son (which I don't) that just happens to go to cub scouts!!!! Where did you say you lived again Pooh's Pixie???? Just kidding.

It is nice to know that Jord stays grounded when he is home with his kids and that he is not too tired from all his twittering to play a jolly game of simon says!!!! I love it, and would love to see the pics!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 07:42 PM   #1573
Pooh's Pixie
The joy I get seeing those little red envelopes in the mail really speaks to how unexciting my life is!

What I found super funny was that one of the older siblings of a scout was there, and she is about 13/14. Well, she is a baby-magnet and Jordan's little guy played with her and she & Jordan were chasing him around and having a grand old time...at the end of the night her mom said, Do you know who he is? She didn't and when her mom told her she was twelve shades of red and hysterically laughing! Like, how did I not know I was playing with Jordan Knight & his kids!?! I said maybe she'll get a babysitting gig out of it!

SSR Owners
Mom of

Old 05-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #1574
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

That is so cute! I'm so glad he's just normal. It's just nice to know he's a family man. An extremely HOT family man.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:46 PM   #1575
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Hey, Pooh's Pixie! Good to see that you found our new thread! We were just talking about you last week, wondering if you had seen the old one had been locked! Thanks for sharing your Jordan stories! How cute he must have been!!! That is so funny about the teenager

If you see him again... tell him you have a few message board friends that are REALLY curious about what Tink! means!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: