Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #1546
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

I'm not sure about the tooth. It looks like just getting it out would be best?

Girls, I'm having a rough day today. We got bad news Thursday and I've been puking all day! (sorry if that's TMI) Just seems like a bug. Alex had it around Easter. Ugh my muscles hurt so bad! Lots of fun! Luckily dh didn't have to work today or I don't know what I would've done. No way could I take care of the kids.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #1547
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserkaren View Post

Girls, I'm having a rough day today. We got bad news Thursday and I've been puking all day! (sorry if that's TMI) Just seems like a bug. Alex had it around Easter. Ugh my muscles hurt so bad! Lots of fun! Luckily dh didn't have to work today or I don't know what I would've done. No way could I take care of the kids.
Sorry you aren't feeling well, Karen! Feel better soon!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2009, 06:14 PM   #1548
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Awww, Karen. I'm so sorry!!! I hope you feel better soon!!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 05-02-2009, 06:17 PM   #1549
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

I forgot what I came on here for....I'm looking for some Disney restaurant ideas. I'm trying to get a list together for where we want to eat in Sept....what are your favorites??

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 05-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #1550
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserkaren View Post

That's not good! I hope you get better soon!

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 05-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #1551
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post
I forgot what I came on here for....I'm looking for some Disney restaurant ideas. I'm trying to get a list together for where we want to eat in Sept....what are your favorites??
Have you been to Jiko? It is AMAZING!
Old 05-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #1552
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Rainforest Cafe
Liberty Tree Tavern
Sci Fi Dine In
'50s Prime Time Cafe
San Angel Inn (Mexico in EPCOT)
Main Street Bakery (pastries for breakfast...mmmmm)
Casey's Corner
House of Blues (Downtown Disney West Side)
Ghirardelli (for ice cream - Downtown Disney Marketplace)
Beaches and Cream (Beach Club Resort)

You can look at all the menus at www.allearsnet.com if you didn't already know.

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 05-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #1553
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh are you going for free dining? We are going the 11th-19th...if everything works out! We have another trip coming up this friday, but this is our budget bonus trip. Anyway, you asked for some faves...here we go!!

GF Cafe- very underrated, but WOWSAS! nice atmosphere, great service, fantastic food!! I had the steak and fries, the steak was tender and cooked just right, the fries were cut potatoes, and they were GREAT!!

Boma- one of our absolute favorites...this upcoming trip will be the first time in our last 6 trips we wont be eating there!! great variety of food, and even tho i am pretty much a meat and potatoes kinda girl, i love their food!! Their breakfast is also really great!!

WPE- good selections, EXCELLENT deal on the dining plan....really good food!!

CHH- I love their chicken strips, DGF loves their tuna sandwich....one of the only places in MK we really enjoy eating honestly.

Tangeriene Cafe in Epcot (morocco)- love this place, esp their chicken and lamb combo platter...this can easily feed 2 people!!

Yak and Yeti in AK- i only thought this was ok, but its DGFs fave disney restaurant....i think it depends on what you get, the fried green beans are yummy!!

Sci-Fi cafe- The only place in MGM that we've tried that we can actually stand, we really enjoy it, and they have good burgers!!

Cape May Cafe- nice buffet, lots of variety, GREAT desserts, good food!!

Coral Reef- we've had really good and just ok meals here...service can be kind of spotty, so thats a whole nother issue!!

FT BBQ- YUM, YUM, YUM!!

also, have to stop by the bakery in France :D

thats just the tip of the iceberg...i consider myself kind of a disney foodie let me know if you have any questions!!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:00 PM   #1554
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

Thanks for the info guys. We're not doing free dining because we're DVC people and it's not offered.

Do you know what sort of snacks you can get with it? I've gone over menus for our possible choices for dinner and breakfast and it doesn't equal up to the amount we'd be spending on the dining plan. But that's not counting the snacks.

Just curious what kind of stuff, I don't want it to just be Mickey ice cream heads. What can you get at the Main Street Bakery as a snack? Any idea?

Old 05-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #1555
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the info guys. We're not doing free dining because we're DVC people and it's not offered.

Do you know what sort of snacks you can get with it? I've gone over menus for our possible choices for dinner and breakfast and it doesn't equal up to the amount we'd be spending on the dining plan. But that's not counting the snacks.

Just curious what kind of stuff, I don't want it to just be Mickey ice cream heads. What can you get at the Main Street Bakery as a snack? Any idea?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2067447
Old 05-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #1556
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

Thanks! Please tell me about Boma, is it a buffet? What is WPE and CHH??? (Columbia Harbor House?)

Old 05-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #1557
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

Shelby, my dad's fix for any stubborn loose tooth? A pair of pliers and a good tug! I SWEAR! LOL I only let him do it once b/c it just freaked me out. My 11 year old sister on the other hand has asked him to do it for each and every tooth she has lost. LOL

Old 05-02-2009, 09:28 PM   #1558
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

We were just talking about this! I actually said I wished we had a pair of pliers with little grippy type things on them, I'd rip that sucker out in a heartbeat!

We wiggled it a lot today. She ate an apple too. It is VERY stubborn. But it's looser in the back and the sides, it pulls away from the gums. The front however doesn't. I think loose teeth are just so gross!

Old 05-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #1559
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

Yep, Boma is a buffet, but not just any buffet...an AMAZING buffet!! lol....i better be careful- if I build it up too much, it'll be destined to fail! They are set up different than most buffets in that they have "pods" as opposed to just a regular long serving area....this allows you to just kinda scoot in and get what interests you without going all the way down the line. They have some awesome soups, pretty good salads, fabulous meats (the prime rib is consistently good there, the ribs are great, DGF loves the salmon), and yummy deserts. One of their claims to fame are their zebra domes, which are little coffee mousse cakes, but I'm not a fan of those. I do love their potatoes with afritude tho!! I should have some pics somewhere

WPE- Wolfgang Puck Express, down in DTD....its really good, fresh, yummy food. Its a little pricey when paying OOP, but so are most things in Disney...lol. On the dp, it is a great deal! and yep, CHH is Columbia Harbor House! We like to go upstairs and eat, it is NEVER as crowded up there!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #1560
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We were just talking about this! I actually said I wished we had a pair of pliers with little grippy type things on them, I'd rip that sucker out in a heartbeat!

We wiggled it a lot today. She ate an apple too. It is VERY stubborn. But it's looser in the back and the sides, it pulls away from the gums. The front however doesn't. I think loose teeth are just so gross!
Lol...when i was little, my mom always had me tie a string around my tooth, and the other end around the doorknob, and then we'd close the door....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: