Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 01:30 PM   #1531
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
I agree... some answers that would stick out to Jordan won't mean anything to a hired reader. I think they should have done it differently. Everyone should have had to write a "twitter-inspired" entry... 140 characters or less. Much more manageable for the person reading. I can only imagine that some of these girls probably put there heart and soul into a 10 page email!

Heather - your poor girls! That's awful for someone to say! I hope you guys get to see and talk to him this weekend.

I tried to keep my Jordan contest entry short and sweet. I have a feeling that he's going to first focus on the answers to what "Tink!" is and narrow it down to a few before reading the other answers.

What did all of you say for "tink"? I said it was someone playing horseshoes!

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 05-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #1532
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Quote:
Karen... I am so sorry to hear that. I hope that your husband is one that will keep his job. When are you supposed to know more?

I agree... some answers that would stick out to Jordan won't mean anything to a hired reader. I think they should have done it differently. Everyone should have had to write a "twitter-inspired" entry... 140 characters or less. Much more manageable for the person reading. I can only imagine that some of these girls probably put there heart and soul into a 10 page email!
It should be about 2 weeks. It'll take that long for seniority rights to get sorted out.

That is a much better idea then those 10 questions! I can only imagine the length of some of those emails.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #1533
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Listening to the Block Party on Retro Rewind....what's with the "Toasties" song? NEVER heard that one before!

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 05-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #1534
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

I said Tink is a Disney Fairy by my definition. I don't even know that I want to know what his definition is! Pooh's Pixie... if you are lurknig, ask Jordan at Boy Scouts!
Old 05-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #1535
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Do you think Pooh's Pixie missed the link to the new thread?

Heather - I am so sorry that kid said that to your girls. What a horrible thing to say. I know it's just a little kid and all but geez, my kids would NEVER say anything like that to anyone. Why can't parents teach their kids the proper way to behave around other people.

This weekend we don't have a whole lot for a change. Tonight we're headed to a Spring Fling. It's a fundraiser for Little League. It's at the country club in our town and should be nice. I am wearing what I wore to the NKOTB concert in Baltimore since it's casual. Good news, my jeans are WAY bigger than they had been.

Tomorrow we have NOTHING. Then on Sunday (weather permitting) Noah may have practice and Becca has a birthday party. We're meeting at the theater to see the Hannah Montana movie. Should be fun!

That's about it for us.

Karen - sorry about the situation you guys are dealing with right now. That's not easy but it sounds like you're handling the stress very well. Give your hubby a big hug from your NKOTB friends here on the Dis!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 05-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #1536
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Hey Shelby that's great about your jeans! Yay!

I'll tell dh! He'll get a kick out of that. thanks.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:14 PM   #1537
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

For the love...... jordan is KILLING those of us who entered his contest! What a tease that man is!

Thanks everyone for the support with the situation with the kids. I talked to their teacher about it, but she can't do much. Talking to his parents would do no good. They are "those" parents, if you know what I mean. This is when I miss being on a military installation, other military kids would NEVER say things like that to each other.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #1538
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

Jordan is making me nuts. Sheesh.

Wyatt's team didn't win tonight, but it was another VERY close loss. They've lost 3 of 4 games, but they've all been within one or 2 runs! He got 2 hits tonight, which is GREAT! He got left on base both times though...boooo.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:15 PM   #1539
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

None of us won I sooooo hoped it would be someone from here that would win even though I knew it was a long shot!

Last edited by hmdavid; 05-02-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #1540
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
None of us one I sooooo hoped it would be someone from here that would win even though I knew it was a long shot!
I know! Such a bummer

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 05-02-2009, 08:38 AM   #1541
Brae's Mom
In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

Well it was fun tweeting with you ladies last night while we were waiting for Jordan to make up his mind!!!! I so wished it would have been one of us, but, oh well.........maybe next time. So back to reality, going to walk the lighthouse breakwater this morning. It's about a three mile walk over some pretty messed up rocks, but it's pretty out there. After that grocery shopping (ugggggg) and maybe I'll buy myself a new purse today, I sorta feel the need for a new bag or a new pair of shoes (thanks Heather, I saw your tweets about new shoes last night, now I have the itch for a new pair).

Hope you girls enjoy your weekends. Will check in later!!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #1542
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Ohhhh...I love Saturdays when I have NO plans whatsoever. It is heavenly! I just made some chocolate chip pancakes and bacon for the kids for a late breakfast/early lunch. They had poptarts earlier while I was still sleeping.

We have nothing to do today and we're not going anywhere. I will probably just do some laundry and maybe watch a movie. It's rainy here and is supposed to be that way for a few days.

Anyway, have a great weekend girls! Sorry you guys didn't win Jordan's contest. I wanted it to be one of you guys in the worst way!!

What the heck does Tink mean??

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 05-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #1543
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

Girls...I need help. Becca fell when she was two and broke both her top middle teeth. The one we had pulled at the dentist a couple months ago because the new tooth was coming in behind it and it just wasn't getting any looser.

It's happening again with the other one that was broken. The new tooth is coming in right behind it. It didn't get any looser until last weekend when by accident Noah hit her with his head, right on her tooth. (don't ask, they're hazards!) Then, she was all tucked up hiding somewhere under a blanket and she somehow managed to knee herself in the tooth. That loosened it a bit too. But just wiggling it isn't working!

It's gross too, when you wiggle it, it makes noise. I don't know if it's the loose tooth hitting the one behind it up under the gums or if it's making a sound since it's separating from the gum a bit. It's nasty!

I'd love some ideas on what to do with this tooth! I'm afraid it'll cause issues with the new one if we don't get it out asap. So far all the new one has done is push the tooth forward, not out. (that's what happened with the other one too) So...it is gradually sticking out further and further.

You have NO idea how much we want this tooth out, she has lived with broken, jagged teeth for almost 4 years now. Here's a picture so you can fully appreciate it. See what I mean!??! We want that tooth GONE!!

Any advice!??!

Old 05-02-2009, 01:02 PM   #1544
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

I just saw my typo on my last post and corrected it... I typed "one" instead of "won"! oops

Not sure what to tell you about the tooth. Kaitlyn recently lost that same tooth and it was loose and just hanging there FOREVER. Finally it was so loose that I just flicked the thing and it fell out! Didn't even bleed... it was that loose! It made an icky squeaking noise when she wiggled it. Freaked me out! If it is not coming out you may have to have this one pulled, too. Both Emma and Kaitlyn had there bottom front teeth come in behind the baby teeth and they eventually came out on their own.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #1545
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

Speaking of teeth....anyone else have issues with theirs starting to shift a bit? I've noticed mine doing that and it's driving me insane! I'm afraid all those years of braces will be a waste because I'm going to end up with horribly crooked teeth!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: