Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2009, 01:46 PM   #46
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

new bridesmaid dress

Old 08-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #47
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

Mom is really on board

I talked to my mom again last night and it seems that she is really on board and really wants to help us with our wedding, I mean she had already agreed to pay for the reception, minus the alchol and now she is talking about paying for the favors and the cake! I am super excited...its goin to help soo much!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2009, 10:54 AM   #48
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

It has been about two months since I have updated this crazy PJ. I am terrible at this, but I figure its something to keep me busy with the lull in my planning. All of the big aspects of our wedding are complete, now we just need to move on to the little things.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:57 AM   #49
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

The floral drama has also been concluded as well. I decided about a month ago that I had to move on from my friends company and the idea that they were ever going to get back together and I found a wonderful woman who does floral out of her home, I scheduled a consultation with her and out we went. We are all booked and boy am I glad to not have to worry about floral!
Old 10-19-2009, 03:39 PM   #50
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

So its Monday afternoon, I am off work and I have decided to sit down and work a little on the wedding today. There is not a lot I can do like I said before,we have our DJ booked, Cake Booked, photography booked, florist booked and have had both the ceremony location and reception location booked. Now its on to the little stuff.....Favors, favor tags amongst other little things,

these are our ideas for the adult guests, mini champagne bottles with personalized labels and black and red ribbons around the top!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:44 PM   #51
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

Good Evening everyone! I am all over the place with this planning journal yes I know. I have realized how hard it is to put things together when you have all of the big stuff done already. Today, however I went in search of a hair salon to get my hair done for the big day. With the recommendation of a friend I went to visit a local salon and absoutly fell in love with the place. I talked to the owner and a stylist and I have decided that I am goin to give them a try with hair cut and color in the next couple of weeks. We shall see how it goes!

Attention Lurkers...I know your out there! Please let me know what you think and what you want to see pics of!
Old 11-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #52
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

Life once again has gotten in the way and I have neglected my PJ. I am so bad at this. Since I have been with you last I actually have gotten a lot accomplished. we booked the cakes, yes that is right you heard me say cakes. We are having a large wedding and we decided that it would be best to have a brides cake and a grooms cake. DF was not convinced of this however. We had three appointments with cake shops, one he chose, one i chose and a toss up.
We went to the cake shop he chose first and all I can say is that I was not impressed, i looked like the shop was in an extended garage. As most of you know, we are doing simple disney touches in our wedding and when we asked them, if they would do the swiss dots like a mickey head they said absoutly not, so this place was a definite no for me. Their prices were not that great either and we didn't even do the tasting there they sent us home with three cakes, a nice gesture, but not what I was looking for.

The toss up cake shop was next. neither one of us knew what to think. It too is a small family run business and I was excited to see what they had to offer. the appointment did not start out well as they informed us they were short of staff and didn't get to pull our cake out of the fridge until about ten minutes before we got there. i do not like cold cake and frosting, but oh well. I was not really pulling for this place, it was however the toss up. We tried the cakes, my DF hates frosting so i new just by looking at the frosting he was not going to like it. i however loved the frosting. it was sooo yummy, but not as good as the actual cake, I don't remember all of the flavors we picked for thist tasting but I do remember the chocolate peanut butter and the raspberry were absoutly my favorite. My DF loved the same fillings as I did. It seemed like we waited forever for the owner to come out to talk to us about our cake, but when she did, boy was it worth it.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:59 PM   #53
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

The owner Barbara finally came out, and we began talking, I told her about my vision and how many people we would be having at the wedding. I by no means wanted a huge cake, I wanted to do a smaller sized caked with a few supplemental cakes in the back. Barb told me that I wanted to make sure that I didn't go to small so the guests wouldn't get worried. I agreed she was right and we went right into the disney question. she suggested right off the bat the swiss dot theory. My face must have lit up like a christmas tree I was so excited and I decided that this shop is definatly a contender. My Df didn't seem to convinced, until we started talking about grooms cakes. She told us they were big into doing shaped cakes, kind of like the ones you would see on Ace of Cakes, this immedialty got my DF's attention as he loves that show and actually wanted to see if they would do a cake for us, but we then determined Duff just wasn't in our budget.
For those who don't know, my DF works for Best Buy as a Geek Squad Covert Agent. Its a new position they are developing where he does work from home on people's computers. DF piped up and asked her if she could do a VW bug as a shaped cake. She immediatly went and got a book where she had actually done one before. Df was intrigued, but wanted to know if she could do a 3D fully stand up version for his grooms cake! I was so excited that DF had finally come around to the idea of a grooms cake!!!! Barb said she could definatly do it, but if he wanted the geek squad logos he would have to get her permission to use them. He knew that was no problem. We thanked barb for her time and let her know we would get back to her with out decision in the next few weeks. My mind was already made up and it looked as if DF's mind was made up as well!

Who would have thought our toss up cake location was goin to be the winner, surely not I, but we did call her back after a week or so of thinking about it and told her that we wanted her to do our cake. DF even got a letter mailed to her with permission to use all of the geek squad logos! WOOO HOOO!
Old 12-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #54
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas to everyone! I got my best present today! We got our honeymoon dream reservation with DVC today! We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge Villas for a week before our cruise! Woo HOO
Old 12-28-2009, 06:31 PM   #55
KatieLovesDisney1
Earning My Ears

I think it's so awesome that your DF proposed on a rollercoaster. That is so cool and I'm glad he didn't accidentally drop the ring! I actually get Cedar Fair season passes every year and go to Cedar Point all the time. I can't wait to hear more of your plans.

KatieLovesDisney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:44 PM   #56
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

Thx so much for joining in! Where in oh are you? I worked at cedar point for years! Dis u start a pj yet?
Old 12-28-2009, 09:27 PM   #57
KatieLovesDisney1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan0724 View Post
Thx so much for joining in! Where in oh are you? I worked at cedar point for years! Dis u start a pj yet?
I live in Akron... it's like 1 1/2 hours away from Cedar Point. We go to Kings Island only like twice a year because I get so bored driving all the way to Cincinatti lol. I haven't started a PJ yet, but I probably will at work tomorrow. I'm quickly getting obsessed with disboards haha.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:54 PM   #58
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness I don't live to far from you! I live in stow which is about 10 mins outside of Akron. If u need any good vendors please feel free to ask! I think I have met with almost every wedding vendor in Akron!
Old 12-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #59
KatieLovesDisney1
Earning My Ears

Wow. It's so random that we live so close. My wedding is going to be at St. Bernard in Akron and the reception at Todaros in the valley. That's basically all I've planned... I don't have anything else yet. I'm still in school so I wanted to get a lot done over break, but I've been so lazy. I reeeally need to find a photographer and DJ like asap though.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #60
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

I have a great photographer! It's a mother daughter team out of Warren when I get home I can pm you the info. I also have a fantastic florist who is amazing and super reasonable ! Let me know what you need and I can send it your way when I get home feo
work tonight! I had most of my stuff planned And deposits paid this past summer! When is your date?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: