Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #31
Angela0917
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo! I'm from Pittsburgh!! Go Pens!!!!! Have so much fun at the game!!!!!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:09 PM   #32
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

its goin to be even more fun since they won this evening! wooo hooo
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2009, 09:48 AM   #33
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

well the pens didnt win last night, but we sure had a good time...I just got off the phone with disney dining for our july trip and got pretty much what we wanted here they are

july 23 The Wave
July 24 The Turf Club
July 25 LeCellier
July 26 Chef Mickeys!
Old 04-25-2009, 10:02 AM   #34
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

Bridesmaids dresses

This afternoon, DF's sister and I are goin to look at some BM dresses. I kind of already know what I want them to wear, but I want them all to be comfortable. Only my MOH has tried on the possibles already so we are goin to see how this goes. This is the dress I orginally picked, it is a Alfred Angelo..

the only difference is that the dress would be in black with the red bow
Old 04-25-2009, 10:09 AM   #35
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

i have also found the headpiece I want! Has anyone gotten theirs on ebay? Any advice?

Old 04-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #36
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

We booked our reception yesterday! Woo Hooo. Deposit is paid in full as well here is a pic of the outside

Old 05-03-2009, 08:14 AM   #37
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

So i am pretty sure that I forgot to mention that my flowers are being done by two of my friends who own a floral/party planning company here in cleveland, well as it turns out I get a phone call last night from one of partners, saying that they are unable to do my wedding next year and that their company is closing I am so disappointed. I was lookin forward to having them do my wedding and now I have to go look for another vendor
Old 05-03-2009, 09:28 AM   #38
Bride-to-be
DIS Veteran

Even if your friends don't have a formal company anymore maybe they can still do your flowers?

If not just go out and start looking around - ask them who they would recommend. Look at the bright side - at least you have loads of time. Perhaps your friends will start a new floral company in the next year!
Bride-to-be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:48 AM   #39
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride-to-be View Post
Even if your friends don't have a formal company anymore maybe they can still do your flowers?

If not just go out and start looking around - ask them who they would recommend. Look at the bright side - at least you have loads of time. Perhaps your friends will start a new floral company in the next year!

my friends have broken up...i am hopin they reconcile and maybe things get back to normal, but I dobut it. I am goin to start looking after i get back from my vacation.

Thanks for the support!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:38 AM   #40
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

ok here is the deal, after the stress with the florist, I didn't imagine anything else could possibly go wrong, but I have just had another minor setback in the whole planning process. I have been playing phone tag with my priest all weekend to book our wedding day and when I finally got a hold of him today, he said that our date was in fact available, but only for an 11:30am service. this bums me out, I really wanted the 2pm service...

Last edited by figmentfan0724; 05-04-2009 at 01:20 PM.
figmentfan0724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #41
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

heading to WDW tomorrow, but I called the dress shop today and my dress ships on the 19th woooooo hoooo!
Old 06-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #42
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

well good evening everyone I know it has been a long time, but things have gotten a bit busy in my neck of the woods. I went and picked up my dress two weeks ago and it fits perfectly and I am sooo happy with it. It currently is residing in my livingroom closet. My df has promised he wouldn't look and so far I don't believe he has and that is super!

I have also started a fitness program and have already lost 5 pounds and I am super excited!

wedding plans are kind of at a stall right now, I need to get through some things this summer before a lot of stuff is definite. We have an idea on a photographer and that is a relief and I think when we get back from disney in july we are going to put the deposit down if not sooner.

DF has also decided that he wants to add another week onto our honeymoon and i gladly obliged...we are goin to spend five days at disney and then off to a 8 day cruise on a carnival ship....the best thing about it is that DF's dad won a 1200 dollar gift certifcate for carnival. Woo HOo...

Thats all i have for tonight!
Old 06-12-2009, 10:28 AM   #43
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

so here is the deal we have decided on our honeymoon change as noted before with disney for a few days and then onto a cruise! Here are the tentative Disney plans and booked cruise plans!

July26-31 SSR 2 bedroom!
July 31- Aug 7 Carnival Dream 7 day Eastern Caribbean Cruise !
Old 08-17-2009, 01:02 PM   #44
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

Like my main titile states lots has changed since I have been on here. I am a terrible PJ writer and haven't had anytime to really sit down and work on my Pj. I decided that since I have two days off in a row I would sit down and really work on things.

First off nothing really big has changed DF and I are still together and very happy. We are back from our Anniversary trip and believe it or not we are heading back down next wednesday for a long weekend, with that being said, here are some of the updates....

I am not sure if I had mentioned this or not, but its has been a real hassle getting my mom to get excited about this wedding. She can only deal with one thing at a time and until recently she has been spending all of her time dealing with my cousin Beth's wedding, which thankfully is finally over, I will get to more of that later....My mom did come to visit a couple of weeks ago and I was very excited about her coming because I wanted her to meet with our coordinator Jill at our reception site and actually see it. She had never seen it and I could tell that she was nervous about going. When we got there I was a little nervous, we orginally were goin there for dinner, we usually go every fri and it was just nice that this week my mom could go with us. Well i knew instantly when driving up what my mom was thinking, she was a bit confused due to the horse theme at a golf course, but when I explained to her that it used to be a horse farm she understood...then we went inside...we went into the reception hall and luckily for me it was already set up for a wedding I wish I could have gotten a pic of my mom's face, she was totally sold. I was also thoroughly pumped that the wedding that was set up had chair covers, she was amazed and is now talking about putting them in the budget woooooo hoooo!
Old 08-17-2009, 01:42 PM   #45
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

possible table, but in red

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: