Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #16
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Bride-to-be;30929279]Your engagement story is so cute! You guys sound like such a fun couple!

I can't believe you didn' talk to your mom about registering!!!!! My mom would be so angry if I just casualy dropped that on her. I am such an indecisive person though - I feel like I am going to have the worst time with it. My mom has been bugging me about picking out china for weeks now and we aren't even getting married until next Feb.

So lets hear it - whats on your list - what kind of stuff did you register for? I guess if its 10 pages just give us a few of your favorites. I have NO idea even where to start when it comes to registering and what to ask for other than china.

So do you have anything else picked out yet like your colors?

To answer your questions, I actually have a lot done already. Here are some of the things that are done:

Colors: Red, black and silver-mom doesn't like this for a summer wedding but i think it will be great!

Flowers,-mainly red, white, silver and black roses, my florist is amazing! He is a good friend of mine!

Reception Hall- Booked!

Dress- Has been ordered! Its an alfred angelo.. pm me for the link, I am pretty sure DF is reading this and I don't want him to see.

Limo- booked!

attendants picked, and asked already!

I am very thrilled with how much we have done already, it takes a lot of stress off of my mind!

and as for registering, some of my favorite things I registered for are anything Fiesta Ware. I love it. I am opting not to register for China, mainly because we are still living in an apartment and don't have the room for it. I registered for a dyson vaccum, which we need desperatly and I really hope we get, but I am not goin to hold my breath!

we need to get through our big family vacation before we can really focus on wedding stuff and that will happen probably late may early june. I am just gettting done as much as I can when I can !
Old 03-27-2009, 10:04 AM   #17
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

Happy friday everyone! I am so sorry I have been such a slacker this week. Things have been incredibly hectic around here. Today is my works inventory and I have been closing all week, which means I have been sleeping during the day, so no planning on this girls end .

I will say my mom gave me some good ideas this weekend after the wedding she went to, she now wants to do mini champagne bottles at each of the settings, we shall see though how much that ends up costing.

That is going to be all for now, we will have more honeymoon details later.....
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #18
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

we're goin to WDW in July of this year as well WOO HOOOOO...details to follow!
Old 04-06-2009, 10:21 PM   #19
Angela0917
DIS Veteran

Yay! A July trip! How exciting! Can't wait to hear details!
Old 04-06-2009, 11:35 PM   #20
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

Thanks Angela! Well here is how the story goes, my DF is in Minnesota for a work related training trip, on the way up there NWA asked him if he wanted to be bumped and he did get bumped and recieved 250dollars worth of travel vouchers and since we have the weekend off already for our anniversary, we just decided to take a long weekend to disney...the only question is where will we stay? We are DVC members so i am hoping to stay at either VWL or AKV-Kidani which of the two we shall see..df is calling tomorrow!
Old 04-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #21
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

Well DF didn't get a break today so he couldnt call DVC...so here so hoping he calls tomorrow
Old 04-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #22
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

ooooh love your e story!!! crazy but woo hoooo!

youre a cute couple!

ooooh and July....

oooh thats not fair... im not jealous, much!!

Its not far away!! yaaaay for you!!!!
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #23
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibustacey View Post
ooooh love your e story!!! crazy but woo hoooo!

youre a cute couple!

ooooh and July....

oooh thats not fair... im not jealous, much!!

Its not far away!! yaaaay for you!!!!

thanks for your kind comments. I am very lucky that we get to go twice this year, espcially because we won't be there next year until our honeymoon...
Old 04-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #24
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

we are staying at Kidani Village!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:02 PM   #25
Angela0917
DIS Veteran

Yay for AKL!!! When DF and I were deciding where to stay for our honeymoon, we were stuck between that and Beach Club (regular rooms, not villas), and we ended up picking Beach Club. Then last month I started thinking maybe I should have picked AKL, and I called my TA to see about changing and it was completely booked. bummer! But that's ok, I'm very excited for BC too!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #26
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

Happy Monday everyone! This weekend was very eventful, but I didnt' seem to get anything I wanted or needed to get done. Friday I was supposed to go out with some of the BM's to try on dresses, but that was an epic fail, I couldn't get an appt anywhere, so we didn't end up going.

We went to DF's families for easter and that was fun, I am now just looking forward to our May vacation and then again our July anniversary trip. according the the disney dining line, i can make reservations tomorrow, so i am goin to get up very early for that, there is only one place I want to eat and that is California Grill for our anniversary night. other than that I am kind of lost...any suggestions???
Old 04-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #27
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

yay for a TR coming up soon! You guys will have a blast!
Good luck tomorrow with your ADR's, hoe you get CG
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:56 AM   #28
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

ok i offically hate disney dining.....according to the phone system message it says you can book up to and including july 23, our check in date, but they won't let me make reservations until next friday.....boooooo alright vent over
Old 04-17-2009, 09:31 AM   #29
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

happy friday everyone, i am finally back online after a disaster with time warner cable 2days ago....to make a long story short, they blacked out the Penguins Stanley cup playoff game so we cancelled all of our services and are now with Direct TV...WOo Hooo, I even get Fox Sports Pittsburgh!

As in the previos post I have had issues with disney dining, they say I cant book dining until next friday, i have a few ideas for dining

Df and I decided that we want to recreate our anniversary dinner from last year when we went down, so we are goin to get dinniner at Turf Club the night of our anniversary, which is so exciting cause last year we were at dinner for almost 4 hours and it was so relaxing!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:50 AM   #30
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

Happy Tuesday everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates, we have really been at a standstill with wedding planning as of late, no one wants to do anything and all they ever say is that you guys have tons of time to worry about things!

DF has noticed that the stress of no one wanting to help or get things together is really bothering me, so last night when I got home from work he told me that we are goin to the Pittsburgh Penguins Playoff game on Thurs! I am so excited and I totally need this. I am a huge Pens fan and have never been to a playoff game so this is a real treat!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: