Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #31
moburg
"Laughter is America's most important export." - W.E.D.

I think I found this guy's galleries from one of the POTD threads. Could be wrong, but that's what's sticking in my mind. Anyway, he takes some AMAZING shots at Disney. Like me, he takes many, and some are just stunning. The difference, is that even his bad ones, are still pretty awesome!

Check him out!
http://www.totalsham.com/gallery/vacations/
Old 03-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #32
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebaxric View Post
I tried some artsy shots, but I don't do so well with nighttime/dusk shots.

I don't know what you're thinking!! This shot is absolutely beautiful! You should post it on the PTOD Thread!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moburg View Post
I agree! It's a great pic! I just went through my pics from the last few trips, and I didn't have any of the SE at dusk. Just a few closer shots in full daylight, or later night with lights.

I usually take so many as to make it cumbersome to sift through the find the really good ones.
Thanks to you too! I guess I don't like it because it looks grainy to me. And if I had a camera better than a point and shoot (or knew how to use it) I think it would come out a lot better!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moburg View Post
I think I found this guy's galleries from one of the POTD threads. Could be wrong, but that's what's sticking in my mind. Anyway, he takes some AMAZING shots at Disney. Like me, he takes many, and some are just stunning. The difference, is that even his bad ones, are still pretty awesome!

Check him out!
http://www.totalsham.com/gallery/vacations/
Those are pretty!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2009, 10:03 AM   #33
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Day 4

Today was our Hollywood Studios day. I was a little nervous because it was a Fantasmic night, but when I told my Mom and asked if she wanted me to change our ADR, she told me that she thought we'd be fine. (Or we'd park hop to Epcot )

We got to HS around 10ish. I don't know why we had the late start today, I think we were just being sluggish, probably all the heavy food in our stomachs Of course when we got there we headed straight for TSM:

My Mom grabbed Fastpasses while I snapped the pictures Joy. 4?! Yucko...that's why you gotta get there at opening I suppose!!

We headed up to the Great Movie Ride...I love this one. I have no idea why, but I do. And I can probably narrate it better than most of the cast members...

We've hit the mobster scene every time in the past few years. I forget the bank robber scene And every time we point out the hidden mickey's to each other. You would think after pointing them out once we'd stop...ummm no...

Next we were off to Star Tours. Only problem is that with all the food we ate last night, my stomach was doing flip flops all morning

My boyfriend is a big Star Wars fan though, so I decided I had to do it and then check out the gift shop for him...

I got off and oooooboy, I wasn't feeling well I had to go sit down outside! I'm getting old But I discovered something: Disney sells little bags of pretzels for only $.85! What a deal!! So I sat and munched on my pretzels...and started to feel better...so I went back into the store and bought the bf a keychain light saber.

Then we were off to Rockin Roller...yes, I just said my stomach was queasy... We hopped in the single rider line (best invention EVER...) We were split up throughout the car, but we all were in the same "limo!" So that worked out splendidly. We walked back up to ToT and got FPs for later in the day (I think around 2?) I guess it was about noon then. We decided to shop a bit...and I munched on my pretzels trying to get my stomach to calm down again!! My Dad saw a sunglasses carry thing that attaches to your belt that he thought was neat, so we set out on a mission to find it again (he saw it coming into Epcot the day before, but didn't see it since.) And we came up empty handed But in our quest, we did run across the HSM Pep Rally Then it was off for lunch at one of OUR favorites! 50s Prime Time Cafe

My Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin were joining us here. We walked in and found them here:

Yup! At the bar! We gathered them, I checked us in, and with 5 minutes we were being yelled at We really love this place!!

We finished up, decided to meet them back at the condo (we have big plans for the evening!)

And we were on our way...

Last edited by onelilspark; 03-26-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:16 AM   #34
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Day 4, Part 1

After lunch, we headed back to ToT, the fastpasses were burning a hole in our pocket. My Dad didn't go on because he hates ToT, but my Mom and I quickly made our way through the line. Really people...look at both lines, don't be a sheep!! Luckily my lunch seemed to stay down without a problem and my stomach queasy-ness seemed to be in the past

After ToT, we shopped a bit more and eventually made our way back to the front of the park...hmmm... We still had quite a bit of time to kill before our FPs at TSM were good, what to do...what to do... PARADE!

We found a nice section of curb and took a seat.

Pretty soon the street performers were on their way out.

We've never really stopped at watched them before, but man, I'll sure make it a point now! They were hilarious! The policeman had us in stitches, "protecting" the street. And the talent agent "LeRoy Smalls" started talking to me about my job, which was just too funny. It was a great way to spend the time!

Not long after that the Block Party Bash started rolling out.

Oh. My. Goodness. We were exhausted just watching the people. And it's not really a parade, it's like an explosion of color and jumping. It was a little too much for us. Maybe cause we're old It left us a little frightened to be honest... We composed ourselves and headed over to TSM, we only had about 15 minutes or so to kill before our FP's were up.

I rode with my Dad:

I'm on the left My Mom had a higher accuracy, but her score was lower than mine, so I WIN! Horrah!

We left HS and headed back to the condo after that. We were meeting up with the rest of the family members for the evening (which I don't have any pictures from!) The plan was to head over to Spoodle's and grab pizza from the window then go to Jellyroll's. Well...it was getting kind of chilly, so we opted for the bar area of the ESPN Zone instead. Which hit the spot. Then it was time for Jellyroll's. I'd never been there before...my cousin was a CP CM, so she'd been there before lots of times. I thought it was just wonderful! We all had a blast! What was great is that my cousin and I are the same age, and then our parents were able to go with us and we all enjoyed ourselves. I think it's tough to find an evening activity to satisfy that age range. Good goin Jellyroll's!

After a late evening (midnight! Yikes! I am getting old when I think that's late! Hahaha...) we rolled back home and it was up early for a tasty Character breakfast the next day!

Last edited by onelilspark; 04-06-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:19 AM   #35
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Day 5

Is anyone still reading this?

Our next day was Tuesday and it would be a little discombobulated. My parents were heading back home in the afternoon, after my Dad & other family members played golf. My Mom & I didn't want to golf, so we were off to the parks.

Originally, my Dad wasn't going to take off of work during the trip, so we had planned an early ADR for a character breakfast! At first we had it booked for more people, but the rest of the extended family didn't want to get up in time to make a 740 AM ADR So we rescheduled for just my family and made it for 8...and then my Dad decided he wasn't going into work, he was going to take vacation time after all! So we were still getting up wayyyy early and having breakfast with the characters...eh, what the heck, we're in Disney!

If you've read my Dining Report, you know why we went to Cape May Cafe, so I'll spare those details We loved this breakfast, definitely will do it again! The characters here were great, had wonderful interaction and we got to see them more than once.

(love this picture!)

So after breakfast was over, we headed back to the Condo to drop off my Dad for golf. Then my Mom and I decided on going to the Magic Kingdom (yes, again!)

The nice part about having Annual Passes, is that when you decide to go into the park for just a few hours, you don't feel guilty We had to be back by 2 or so to pick up my Nana for tea.

It was pretty warm out that day (you'll see in a later shot I'm actually wearing shorts! I HATE shorts!) So my Mom and I headed over to Splash Mountain... we were like, "oh we won't get too wet, look, it looks like the splash is turned down a bit today." WRONG!

My Mom took the brunt of it...

You can't entirely tell here, but trust me, she's soaked!

We were attempting to dry off a bit before getting on Thunder Mountain.

I'm about to lose my battery, so I'll continue later...

Last edited by onelilspark; 04-06-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #36
shebaxric
Disaholic Since 1980!!!

[QUOTE=onelilspark;31137604][FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]Is anyone still reading this?

I'm still here! I have been waiting for an update Keep going and I'll keep reading!
Old 04-06-2009, 08:39 AM   #37
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm still here! I have been waiting for an update Keep going and I'll keep reading!
Yay!

I'll get moving again!
Old 04-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #38
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

I'm reading

I'm more of a lurker when it comes to TR.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:00 AM   #39
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Day 5, Part 2!

After drying off, my Mom and I shopped a bit. She needed to get her 2009 Christmas ornament. Yes...they live close, but it's on this trip that she gets her ornament! We then headed back towards the train and took a leisurely ride around the MK from Frontierland to Main Street. It was Popcorn time! Since we had the big breakfast and tea scheduled for later, we just grabbed a snack.

We popped a squat at the end of Main Street and people watched. I was asked to take a few pictures for families, which I happily obliged, but honestly people?? Why ask the girl with the greasy popcorn hands to handle your camera? Don't worry, I wiped my hands off first, but it struck me as odd...

We weren't quite done with our adventure, so we set sail on the Jungle Cruise in Adventureland (Touring Plans? What's that?! ) Then we decided we had to try Aladdin's Carpets. We'd never been on it, and well, with no boys to tell us no, or where to go... (hah...I crack myself up ) We were off...

We attempted a self shot in the air...

We made a quick trip over to Monster's Inc (we had to, ok?) And listened to Mac & Cheese It's been awhile since we've heard the Eiffel Tower jokes, we were amused.

Then it was time to go freshen up and get my Nana for tea!

I snapped this on the way out:

I was highly intrigued. At the time I was in fact 23. But the day they were announcing it was after I turned 23! I was worried it would be something for only 23 year olds...

We headed out, back to the condo, picked up my Nana, freshened up and headed back over to the Grand Floridian for tea. This was our first experience doing this, we thought it would be nice for all of us to do together We really enjoyed it. I would highly recommend it!

After tea we headed back to the condo, waited for the guys to get back from golfing...and my parents packed up to go home that night. I was flying out the next day though...oh what to do...what to do...

My Nana & I headed back over to Downtown Disney (it was nice to have a car ) and did a little shopping. I really just wanted to visit Goofy's Candy Company We had a light dinner at Earl of Sandwich just because I hadn't eaten anything normal all day!

Up Next: last day of trip one :'(

Last edited by onelilspark; 04-07-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:02 AM   #40
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post
I'm reading

I'm more of a lurker when it comes to TR.

I was starting to think I was talking to myself
Old 04-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #41
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

I just checked out your TR after seeing you post on my TR.

It was funny how you watched Disney sing alongs as a kid. My DD watches one every night before she goes to bed. She's been watching the beach party one all week! My DW & I pick out all the things that annoy us on the MK one. Like the guy with the big harry chest hanging out!LOL

Great report!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 04:16 AM   #42
shebaxric
Disaholic Since 1980!!!

Good update! I like the picture of you mom and nana! Next time you should get a three generation picture by having your server take it! Those are really great pics! I am sad to hear that your last day is here!
Old 04-07-2009, 08:36 AM   #43
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I just checked out your TR after seeing you post on my TR.

It was funny how you watched Disney sing alongs as a kid. My DD watches one every night before she goes to bed. She's been watching the beach party one all week! My DW & I pick out all the things that annoy us on the MK one. Like the guy with the big harry chest hanging out!LOL

Great report!!!!!!!
Thanks! I'm not familiar with that sing-a-long, but I know when I have kids, I'll have the whole collection And I'd get them when the kids were just born and make them watch them with me as infants Hey! Mommy knows the words better than the kids

Quote:
Good update! I like the picture of you mom and nana! Next time you should get a three generation picture by having your server take it! Those are really great pics! I am sad to hear that your last day is here!
Thanks! And don't worry, I still have my mini birthday trip! And it was jam packed!
Old 04-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #44
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Day 6, Last day :'(

My flight out was at 1ish, so I still had some time in the morning to squeeze in some Disney!

My Grandparents and I headed over to Kona for breakfast around 9. We had called for ADRs, but honestly? We really didn't need them.

I of course got me some Tonga Toast Love this!!

They made my Grandfather's bacon extra crisp, so he was happy. Which meant everyone was happy

After breakfast we still had some time to kill, so we explored the Poly. My GP's love the Poly, it's their favorite resort. When they first started coming to WDW way back when, they'd stay at the Poly. They can't get over the prices now! So we took a trip down memory lane...and they told me how some buildings weren't there when they were, etc. It was a nice time...and a gorgeous morning! Here are some photos I took:

After our stroll we headed to the airport I flew back home

BUT! I'd be back in just 2 weeks

Last edited by onelilspark; 04-10-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:38 AM   #45
TeresaNJ

Knows the tricks to get the Tag Fairies' attention! Likes all pretty colors Gets teary when she hears Garth sing "The Dance"

It's all over?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: