Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #16
5dwarves
DIS Veteran

So glad to hear you get to make another trip to Orlando and stay at GKTW! I saw where you said that your 13 year old is taller than you. I hear you! My 15 year old is 6'3" now and my 13 year old (my only girl) is my height....worse yet, my 9 year old is above my shoulders and to my ears...and I am not short! Our grocery bill is horrifying

When we were at GKTW, some of the princesses came to the resort on family photo day. Your daughters may get to meet some of them on the way to breakfast!
Old 03-13-2009, 07:27 PM   #17
dmbfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetmommy View Post
We are HUGE Jimmy Buffett fans, so a trip to Margaritaville will have to happen...
I LOVE Jimmy....can't wait to see him again in a couple of months play here in MA. We went to Margaritaville when we were down there a couple years ago and had a blast, make sure you go one night for dinner...it is a blast, I can't wait to go back in a couple of weeks....
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2009, 10:09 AM   #18
keetmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan View Post
I LOVE Jimmy....can't wait to see him again in a couple of months play here in MA. We went to Margaritaville when we were down there a couple years ago and had a blast, make sure you go one night for dinner...it is a blast, I can't wait to go back in a couple of weeks....
We have seen him about 7 times here in WI, we were on a yearly thing and then Em's whole brain tumor thing occurred and well other things took priority. This year we may go and just hang out in the parking lot.
As far as margaritaville goes, we will be going probably for lunch, we went last year and got to meet JD (the radio margaritaville dj and still is just in awe over it...I have a birthday the week we are there (the last one before 40 so it is a big deal) and I am shooting for that day.....
Old 03-18-2009, 10:08 PM   #19
myasma
Mouseketeer

Congratulations on your trip. My daughter will be eligible to make her wish in April and gets excited just talking about Disney. Hope your family have fun planning the trip and while there.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:57 AM   #20
keetmommy
Mouseketeer

Today is Emma's birthday...I can't believe she is 7 already...sad how when you have a sick child you can wake up and wonder how they got so old!
Anyway haven't done to much planning, but 12 weeks from today we will be on our way!!
Old 03-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #21
twinmum
DIS Veteran

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA!!!

: cool1:

:c heer2:
Old 03-25-2009, 05:11 PM   #22
keetmommy
Mouseketeer

Emma got her first package from her wish granters today...she was thrilled and is busy coloring...

Old 03-25-2009, 05:29 PM   #23
WishMom09
Mouseketeer

Looks like a fun gift!
And Happy Belated Birthday Emma!!!

Caleb's Wish Trip TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post30337247

2002 Off Site, 2009 GKTW (Caleb's Wish Trip), 2010 POR, 2012 POR

Old 03-25-2009, 05:45 PM   #24
maroo
DIS Veteran

Cool!!!

The magic is starting for you guys!!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #25
dmbfan
DIS Veteran

I am sorry I am a little behind, but I wanted to say Happy Birthday to Emma. I am sure she had a great day!!

As for buffett...I want to call ahead and see about making sure we can get a table to eat dinner the night we are there and not have to wait in any lines. The website says call for priority seating...so I will see.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #26
keetmommy
Mouseketeer

Wow I can't believe 8 weeks from today we will be on our way....we haven't heard anything from them lately, but I suppose we won't until it gets closer...
We aren't doing a lot of pre-planning, we just want to get there and go with the flow...
Em has an MRI in 3 weeks and my mind is on that, once i know it is stable we will focus on the trip....I know it is coming fast....
Old 04-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #27
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

I just found your pre-trip report. Your daughters are beautiful. I can't wait to here more about your planning. Thanks for sharing!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 04-20-2009, 02:16 PM   #28
sarcasticfiesta
Mouseketeer

Subscribing

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."
Old 04-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #29
sammie girl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetmommy View Post
My DD Emma (almost 7) was born with a genetic disorder called Neurofibromatosis or NF1, most people (60%) with this disorder have no problems. Some have a few problems (20%) and then ther is Emma , shehasn't been so lucky, she is in the rare 20% of people she was born with a something called pseudoarthrosis of the tibia, most people with this will end up with Amputation, she has been lucky and still has her leg, but often experiences pain and has to be really careful.
Then about 1.5 years ago a MRI showed multiple brain tumors, and hydrocephalus. One of these brain tumors is inoperable being it is on her optic chasim, (where the optic nerves meet), this tumor has left her legally blind.she has had 7 surgeries since July '07, 2 of them being recections,of a tumor that was in her Temporal Lobe, that grew back after July and had to be cleaned up again in Feb '08 after that she started a 15 month protacal Chemotherapy that had to be stopped after a year due to allergic reactions. We are now in what is called watching and living mode. Could we end up back in chemo eventually, Sure but for now we are going to enjoy life, Her next MRI is in May-1 month before we leave...(we are under 100 days now though....)
We were at Disney last year, through the help of family. After all of Emma's surgeries, My Godparents let us use their timeshare, IL's bought plane tickets...my parents rented our car...we called it the NON-Make A Wish, Make a Wish trip..
So now for the fun...she is standing up in a wedding the weekend before we leave and we are leaving EARLY on June 15....we will be in Orlando by 1:15 on that day..they are planning a princess meal for us, as that is who Emma loves the best. We are HUGE Jimmy Buffett fans, so a trip to Margaritaville will have to happen...I think that will be on the 17th because that is my birthday. Don't know what else we will do...just wishing it was now as I am watching MORE snow fall outside (we are going to get 4-8 inches today....)

Amie
We are also leaving on the 15 of June. Are u staying at GKTW?
Old 04-20-2009, 07:46 PM   #30
keetmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammie girl View Post
We are also leaving on the 15 of June. Are u staying at GKTW?
Yes we are...will you be there too??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: