Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2009, 04:35 PM   #76
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncycat View Post
yea, she's fine....quite a bit down, but I think if Mikie doesn't have anything by then, which probably WON'T happen, Ma and Aunt Donna will help. I really want my sister there....I know asking for trouble HAHA but this will give us good quality time to spend together and kill each other! HAHAHA nah, I don't get to spend hardly any time with her.

On another note...we got ALL our ADR's we wanted....
15th, 5:05 Ohana before MNSSHP
16th, 6:45 WCC after AK
17th, 7:15 Tony's for ma's birthday dinner...we'll have 9 people for this dinner!!! Family is popping over for a day, and we keep collecting more family wanting to come over!!
18th 7:20 Teppan Edo at Epcot.

So, everyone's happy, we have like 86 days at this point...so I can't wait!!!!
Everything is paid for, except the MNSSHP tickets..which those aren't a big deal, we're going on a very non premium night, so I should be fine getting those later on.

Got a universal update next!!

I hope everything works out for your sister. It would be bad to have everything planned out and her have to cancel at the last minute. The good thing is everything is paid for so she really won't have to come oop for anything if she wants to keep it in budget. I'm looking of a cool costume to wear to MNSSHP. Dale told me he didn't want me to wear a costume.........

Congrats on getting all your ADRs set . I am so anxious about making mine next Sunday.

Quote:
First off, this park ain't no disney...that's for DANG sure!! Second off, they have some rides there that just can't compare. So, we have DSD for a week before Chris leaves for Miami....and I found good deals on universal ap's for the rest of the year, so I said why the heck not?! So, we went, started out in IOA, and went straight to the hulk, didn't have my camera out just yet, then went to spider man, dr doom, etc. Then the water rides. WE GOT SOAKED!! I did have the camera and everything else in a ziploc bag, so nothing got ruined but a park map LOL After that we went towards Jurassic park area, didn't want to ride another water ride, so we ate, and then went down to the discovery center...

DS playing a game...

DSD wandering around

DH playing a game...

So, we went out of there, and Tyler thought this car was cool...

went to ride the dueling dragons, and snapped this pic of the new hp world..they're moving right along on it

we then sat down for a water break for a little bit, and took pictures of each of us...

It was HOT HOT HOT!!!

So, we went over towards suess land, and took these while waiting in line...

This would have been REALLY good if Tyler wasn't making such a face!!!

then we hopped over to US, and went thru twister...I took these

I loved the cow LOL

And the tractor...

then we went to ride the mummy, it only had a 20 minute wait...not bad for like 2 in the after noon, I took these in line, I LOVED the cat!!

we then went and rode jaws, where I got sat on and then kicked in the knee by the lady freaking out next to me, I was PISSED!!! After that, I limped over to MIB, we stood in line 50 minutes for that, and then decided to call it a day....we are NOT all day commandos...it was about 4:30 and we got alot done even with the crowds and heat. Getting there early does help!! On our way out I saw the simpsons getting into their van thing, so I took this of marge...

all in all good day, just HOT....definedly not disney, but still cool. I'd take disney ANY day, but got about 86 days or so for that LOL
Looks like y'all had a good time at US. I'm like you, I'm not a commando type park person either. If I get too hot or tired fun ceases to exist so the "parta is ova". I'm the Mom you've heard about, you know the "If Mom's not happy, Nobody's happy"? Yeah, that was written about me............. I would have been pissed too about that woman. "Hey get a life lady it is NOT REAL" .

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 06-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #77
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

That's funny!! I can usually fake it, for the most part, with the exception of slowing down. Once I slow down, I slow WAAAAAY down!!! I'm not sure if I told you, but I have a rare type of muscular dystrophy....it effects the face, shoulders, arms, and then in extreme cases, it goes down into the hips, which it's starting to do with me...so I'm naturally slow!! Which is a big reason I'm not huge into being commando! But, no matter how bad it hurts, getting out there and walking and using these muscles is the best thing for me....so I smile thru it. Hopefully this heat wave will end soon...it's just been miserable!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2009, 10:32 AM   #78
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

IT'S OFFICIAL!!! As of July 1, Chris is not only just a frocked Chief, he's a REAL chief!! He'll start getting paid for the promotion as of then too!! WOOHOO!!!! Guess I better finish sewing on Anchors!!! LOL

Old 06-27-2009, 05:24 AM   #79
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

80 days!!!!! Woooohoooooooooo!!!!!!!

Old 06-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #80
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's funny!! I can usually fake it, for the most part, with the exception of slowing down. Once I slow down, I slow WAAAAAY down!!! I'm not sure if I told you, but I have a rare type of muscular dystrophy....it effects the face, shoulders, arms, and then in extreme cases, it goes down into the hips, which it's starting to do with me...so I'm naturally slow!! Which is a big reason I'm not huge into being commando! But, no matter how bad it hurts, getting out there and walking and using these muscles is the best thing for me....so I smile thru it. Hopefully this heat wave will end soon...it's just been miserable!!
I hate to get to the point that I have to slow down. I can remember my first trip to Disney and it was wide open all the time. I don't remember you telling me you had MD. It really is good that you keep pressing on. It does help. I wish it would get cool. Once again it is 79 in my house with the A/C blowing its brains out.

Quote:
IT'S OFFICIAL!!! As of July 1, Chris is not only just a frocked Chief, he's a REAL chief!! He'll start getting paid for the promotion as of then too!! WOOHOO!!!! Guess I better finish sewing on Anchors!!! LOL
Way to go Chris .

Quote:
80 days!!!!! Woooohoooooooooo!!!!!!!
80 DAYS

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 06-28-2009, 06:13 AM   #81
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Thanks Dana, it's a rare type of MD, you as a nurse would know as well as I do how I need to keep moving...but some days it's hard, like today. Feel like I've been run over by a truck!! UG!! The type I have is called FSH, it's mostly upper body, I can't reach above my shoulders at this point, and it does on more extreme cases move into your hips and down into your ankles. I'm not to the extreme YET, I think I'm getting there tho. The aunt I've been mentioning in the wheelchair coming over for just a day has it REAL bad, she just had a heart attack. Mild, and yes, she's okay, but dr's do keep a close eye on my heart. It's not BAD, just a nuisance. Which is why the whole shampoo bottle thing is pissing me off....tub/shower combo places are hard enough for me to get in/out of, let alone with a million bottles in the place!!! But, I'm gonna try not to complain, it's quality time with ma and my sister, that doesn't come around too often, for me anyways. It does with my mom and sister!! Anyways, sorry to talk your head off this morning...everyone is still asleep!! LOL enjoy your day off!!

Old 07-01-2009, 09:23 AM   #82
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Little update, I emailed everyone to see what all they liked for drinks, snacks, cereal, etc. So we can have that stuff in the cabin. Well, my DSIS got back to me, and I think I'm sorry she did!! HAHA She only drinks the GOOD stuff, Grey Goose Vodka, Simply Grapefruit juice, smart water, etc. UG!!! So, I thought, okay, not the end of the world....ma still hasn't gotten back to me. So, DSIS's husband DID get his old job back, so he started today, so that's a relief, drama over for now!!
DH is officially a CG Chief Gunnersmate today...he went down to check in to Miami today, and found out that his XO knows me!!! WAAAAY back when I was in the CG, he was a cadet on the ship I was on, and I was teaching him the navigation. NICE!!! I told Chris that I treated the cadets good back then, so hopefully this guy has GOOD memories of me!! HAHA Other then that, not much else going on, 76 more days!!!! YAAAY!!!!

Old 07-01-2009, 10:12 AM   #83
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Your trip is right around the corner. You are so lucky! Sounds like things are shaping up for an awesome time. So glad you got the ADR's you wanted.

On a side note, sorry to hear about the FSH. That must make things more difficult. Sounds like you have a great attitude about it though.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
Old 07-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #84
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Your trip is right around the corner. You are so lucky! Sounds like things are shaping up for an awesome time. So glad you got the ADR's you wanted.

On a side note, sorry to hear about the FSH. That must make things more difficult. Sounds like you have a great attitude about it though.
Thanks Leanne! Yep, I've been reading all the horror stories on the restaurant boards, and luckily they all seem to have issues with the last week, glad we're going the week we're going, not hearing too much about that week!! I can't wait!! If only my sister were to get excited again. She probably will, since Mikey's working again.

The FSH isn't that bad, just a hinderance, I do try to have a good attitude about it, cause there's nothing much I can do about it!! So, no use fretting over something I have no control over, right? Thanks for the reply, was beginning to think I was talking to myself again!!! They pick on me here at work for that!!! It's raining now, so not a good time to be at WDW!!

Old 07-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #85
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

70 DAYS!!! Getting closer!!! I was playing gin with my sister last night, and she said she was starting to get excited about the trip again. So, she's getting there. I got the shopping list done, and gonna start getting things slowly at the 2 month mark here pretty soon. Stuff I can get, water, sodas, cereal, snacks. I'm going up to my mom's this weekend, so she can have Chris clean the gutters before he leaves, so we're gonna compare notes and make sure everyone is up to speed with everything, and show them the tshirt patterns I have picked out. So should be fun! I'll keep ya'll posted, but I'm just glad DSIS is excited again. I knew it would happen soon!!

Old 07-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #86
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

I haven't been over here in a while!!! Looks like you're doing good getting everything ready for your next trip. Boy I can't wait til i'm under 80 days out again.
Glad you got your ADRs, that's fun. We did the Quick Service dining plan this past trip, so i'm so looking forward to picking restaurants and making ADRs.

I like your US update, I was wondering if we should take a day to go there next year too. Not sure? something to think about. I love Tyler's pictures, he's usually always doing something silly. What a good way to be. Silly

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 07-08-2009, 05:54 AM   #87
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Hey Pam!! Yea, I was looking at my planning book at work yesterday, and I'm at a stand still. there's nothing else I wanna add or take away at this point, guess I better start making shirts! HAHAHA Tyler is a HUGE ham, he loves opening his mouth for pictures, so I have to coax him to smile! I still end up with silly pictures, but I wouldn't have him any other way!!!
so, not much else to do now but wait.....that's the worst part!!! LOL

Old 07-10-2009, 07:40 AM   #88
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Well, I was in the ER for about 7 hours the other night... had signs of appendicitis. They did bunches of tests, and figured out that I have a calcium deposit on my appendix. They also told me this will lead to my appendix going...so, now I live with off and on jabbing pain in my right lower side, I didn't get much sleep, AND managed to go to work yesterday. SO, for now, I'm alright, I just hope if it has to be taken out, please take it out BEFORE my disney trip!! LOL It's gonna be hard with Chris gone, but I have 2 moms that will be chomping at the bit to come help me....so I'll be alright if it comes down to it! Anyways, off to work, Thank GOD it's friday!! I do need to take some pictures of my new stuff to put on here....maybe tomorrow morning!! Have a happy friday everyone!

Old 07-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #89
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

pictures of new stuff!!

Finally got around to taking pictures of my new stuff....this one is a tank top I got on sale at the disney store in orlando...

Tink shirt from the disney store...

mickey shirt from disney store...

The photo book I got from disney online shopping...

Disney shirt from online...it was like 5.99

messenger bag from online...it is bigger then what I was thinking it was...but it should work!

Little backpack bag I got from universal....very cute!

And, last but not least, PJ's I got from online...

So, with that done, I see a surgeon on Thursday, so until then, I pop pain pills, and hope I don't spike a fever!! I'll keep everyone as posted as possible!

Old 07-13-2009, 08:24 PM   #90
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

I hate it when ERs do that crap. If they think it is your appendix they need to just take it out. Calcium deposits in the kidneys would be kidney stones, but I have never heard of appendix stones, but if I remember correctly you can get calcium deposits anywhere. I hope you find out something Thursday.

I love all of your new clothes. I have got a few new things, but not much. I have bought me a couple of skorts because I really like how comfortable they are. I also bought 2 shirts at Walmart on clearance Saturday.

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: