Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #31
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Yea, that's my sister too, Ma can always go back to the room, and relax, and me, DSIS and DS can go for more. We actually upgraded to a cabin at FW, cause DSIS was stressing that she had to sleep with Ma! Now we're all 'pooh sized' so sleeping together in a full size bed is hard. ESPECIALLY with DSIS...now I gotta keep reminding her that this trip is for MA!!! And, actually, MA is gonna MURDER me!!! My aunt was telling her yesterday that her and another aunt were gonna go in together and get her a nintendo ds for christmas, now, those things aren't that bad anymore, like $129, and she went thru the roof!! "do you know how much those things cost? Ya'll aren't spending THAT kind of money on me" That sorta stuff... I was just sitting there with my mouth closed going oh man, yep, I'm done, I'm dead!! LOL So, If when I go to tell her, if I don't post for a couple of days, send someone looking for me!!! HAHA

Old 03-17-2009, 05:58 AM   #32
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

We'll send out seach and rescue if we don't hear from ya!
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2009, 06:51 AM   #33
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Thanks!!! Glad to know my DISbuds are looking out for me!!
I'll work on the Birthday today sometime, when we're slow!

Old 03-17-2009, 07:46 AM   #34
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Day 3, Ma's BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Alright, had to do some switching with this one, and probably won't with this day, because I have 2 aunts coming to spend the day with us. We are a pretty tight knit family, and all Ma's sisters stick together, and celebrate together, so I offered to my Aunt who helped with the bosses to come over for a day, and she GLADLY said okay, so Her and my other Aunt who is in a wheelchair is coming over, and they requested Magic Kingdom. I did want EPCOT, mostly for the birthday dinner, but Ma is the type of person that doesn't care, she just wants to be with family! So, she'll be IN MK for her birthday, with 2 of her 3 sisters, BOTH of her daughters, her only kids BTW, and her ONLY grandson!! HOW COOL IS THAT GONNA BE FOR HER?? She's gonna be on After she kills me that is!! Anyways, If I know my Aunt Donna, she's gonna want to be up with the chickens, and be there when it opens. Which is fine. I'm like that too. Aunt Donna hasn't been there since my cousin was 5, and she's now 36, so it's been a while, and has COMPLETELY changed!! So, this is what I got penciled in.

Get to MK, and go towards fantasyland first, then work towards toontown, tomorrowland, and then towards adventureland, probably after the parade. I have Tony's penciled in for the birthday dinner, this may change, when DSIS finally gets back to me on her choices. BUT, since we have 2 extra's joining us, we won't be able to hop very easily, and we'll take our time since we'll have one in a wheelchair. I am tossing up the idea of going straight to adventureland, and working around that way. I KNOW they'll want to hit the christmas store, which is fine, I LOVE that store, and that's where Ma will probably spend her birthday gift card! If she doesn't spend it on my son!!

My thoughts on this day is to try to fit in as much MK as I can, for my aunt who hasn't been there in 31 years! I'm not sure when my other aunt was last there!! So, full Day of MK, WITH 2 aunts, I'll need to start looking up disability stuff, to see what all Aunt Judi can do, she can't transfer too much, so I gotta do research for her. But, she's the type that's happy to be included! If we go on a ride that she can't do, she'll be happy as long as we back her up somewhere that she can just watch people. She's happy doing just that!! So, let me know what you think about this day, I have a set of the happy birthay mickey ears that I wore for my birthday, not sure if I can get Ma to wear those, but I'll try my hardest!!

Next up, Day 4!!!!

Old 03-18-2009, 01:48 PM   #35
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Day 4....UM!!??

Well, little update first, DSIS STILL hasn't gotten back to me! I sent her an email earlier asking if she was still alive, and why is she ignoring me!! So, we'll wait for that reply. Aunt Donna and I are working on the birthday rides and stuff, cause Aunt Judi is in a wheelchair, I spent yesterday going thru the list of rides from the disabilities thread, and explaining in my opinion how it would be for her, and if she can do it, etc. Mostly the hight of the ride vehicle and stuff, can you tell I'm bored at work? Aunt Donna had an idea to tell Mom the weekend before, but I think we should do it earlier then that. So Ma can have time to save some of her own money, I KNOW she can't go anywhere without buying something for her grandson!!! I don't know a Grandma who can!! I've been thinking of around July 4th, but can go into early August...once I get the WHEN down, I can work on the HOW!! Maybe August 1st we can go up and have dinner with her, and drop the bomb on her. My Aunt thinks she'll be thrilled, I think she will be AFTER she kills me!! Anyways, back on topic.

Day 4. I'm really on the fence on this one, it'll either be Epcot or DHS. I REALLY wanna try out Coral Reef for dinner, but I KNOW DSIS doesn't want to spend a full DAY in epcot, so I'm torn. This one will probably stay a mystery until the park hours come out in June. I was thinking of possibly doing DHS in the morning, then hopping OVER to Epcot, but I'm just undecided at this point. I'm not a big fan of either parks, but I'll do it for Ma. I want her to see as MUCH as possible. We did just do Epcot a little over a year ago, so we shouldn't need to hit too much in that park. I dunno. I want to get to DHS on whatever day so we can get a fast pass for TSM, I know they'll both like that, and ride RnRC and TOT before it gets TOO SO, this day will be more solidified in June. Day 5 we'll do whatever we didn't do this day, since it'll be checkout day. These 2 days depend alot on EMH's, and park hours and such. And whatever we decide on for Dinner. So, these last 2 days will be a work in progress!! Any input anyone has will be very much appreciated!!

Old 03-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #36
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Got a message!!

From DSIS, FINALLY!!!!! She basically says that She's there, she just lets me ramble on, and she likes the plan so far, and thinks the cabins are narrow!! I'm sitting here thinking she ain't gonna be happy unless she's in the BIGGEST suite disney has to offer, for Value Resort prices!! So, I told her we'll be fine!! She says she'll butt in if she has any questions!! Lord have MERCY!!! She's gonna make be crazy!!!! But, that's alright, end result will be very nice!!

Old 03-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #37
shordiebecka
DIS Veteran

glad to hear that things are going well! I wouldn't tell her TOO close to the trip...she might try to sabotage it!
1990-Carribean Beach**1992- Port Orleans** 1996-All Star Music** 2000-Off Site** 2001- Port Orleans/DCL** 2003 AKL/DCL** 2005- Boardwalk Inn** 2006- All Star Music**2008 All Star Sports**2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge** 2009 CSR Holiday Trip** 2009 Beach Club Holiday Trip**2010 POR Fall Trip (Engaged!)**2012 Wilderness lodge (expecting a baby!)**2014 Boardwalk Villas (With a 9 month old!)

UP NEXT: November 2014- Art of Animation!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #38
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

I don't think she will if I tell her it's paid for, and we can't change it cause we're inside the 45 days!!! HAHA ALWAYS a way around it!! She'll be mad at first, cause of the $$ involved, but after that wears off, she'll be excited and very happy to go, and have fun!

Old 03-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #39
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

I think your plan is good. Get just inside the 45 day window and let her know. If your Ma is like mine even if she's mad she wouldn't want her baby to lose any money. After the initial shock she will love you for being so thoughtful.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

Old 03-19-2009, 05:22 AM   #40
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
I think your plan is good. Get just inside the 45 day window and let her know. If your Ma is like mine even if she's mad she wouldn't want her baby to lose any money. After the initial shock she will love you for being so thoughtful.
That's EXACTLY what I'm thinking Leamom!! I'm just glad my sister got back to me, was beginning to wonder!! HAHA The upgrade to the cabin is complete, and I REALLY don't want to have to change it again!! SO...once the park hours come out, we can finalize those two days, that's literally making me crazy, not having a plan for those 2 days!!

Old 03-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #41
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

I planned a trip with another family about three years ago. Their lack of concern drove me crazy. Once you're bitten by the Disney bug its hard to be laid back about travel plans... The trip you are planning sounds so awesome. I'm thinking of maybe trying to plan a Grand Gathering for our entire family for next year. Hopefully the economy will turn around and this idea can become reality.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #42
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

AMEN to that!! I just figured out that this is Ma's 58th birthday, I told my Aunt too bad it isn't her 60th, but then that got me thinking, I've been wanting to do a disney CRUISE!!! HAHA That we can do for her 60th!!!! I can head up the travel/leave your car here thing since I'm RIGHT HERE where the ships pull in at....DH goes to work right across the basin from them! OOO They're lovely! I sooooo wanna do a cruise!!! That'll be right after our 14th anniversary, so maybe we can coordinate....if I can book far enough out....HMMM got me thinking now!! HAHA

Old 03-23-2009, 01:31 PM   #43
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Birthday dinner has been approved!!

I sent the menu for Tony's to my Aunt, the one who's helping us, and she said it looks good enough for her! So, it's a go for Tony's the night of the birthday! I'm so excited, I just can't wait! It's gonna be fun. Still minimal contact from the sister, but that's okay, better to not confuse her so much!! I got in a photopass share, even tho I'll have my camera, and DSIS will probably have hers too, it'll be nice to have pictures of all 4 of us! I need to buy a few pairs of shorts, but I need to look for the cargo shorts, DSIS thinks I'll embarrass her too much if I wear my fanny pack, and I have promised her to be less "dorky" when I'm with her! So, shopping list to start soon. DS is growing out of things too, quickly!! The boy is eating me out of house and home!! Anyways, I'm SOOOOO glad I got this May trip to help keep me sane, otherwise, I'd be ready to start packing this bag too!!

Old 03-23-2009, 03:51 PM   #44
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

You're plans are excellent and well thought out. After reading everyone's plans, I just started my planning as well. I mean, I had my park days planned out but that's it. We're doing the quick service DP, so I went through the list of all of the restaurants, and picked out the ones that looked the best. We're just starting to go through the park maps and map out our days too. It's so darn fun.

Looks like your Mom is going to have a wonderful birthday!

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 03-24-2009, 06:18 AM   #45
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

I hope so!! That's my plan, her having a wonderful birthday!! She's such a giving person, and it's nice to be able to give back to her. I'm gonna have to take pictures of her reaction when I do tell her...that way, ya'll can see!!! That won't be until like August, but it'll be fun to guess until then!! LOL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: