Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
kaelarad
DIS Veteran

The Most Magical Christmas Ever!! December 2009

Love reading about the trips that others are planning so I thought it was time to step up and contribute. This will be our 6th trip to WDW at Christmas time.

The Dates: December 17-27
Resort: Boardwalk Villas- our home resort

Characters:DH and me.

What will make it magical this year is that we thought we would have to cancel. Last year two days before our departure, DH lost his job. In April, I found out I would be losing my job in June. In the last couple of weeks we have both gotten jobs! Trip on!

What is done: ADRs are selected waiting to for booking window to open.

What we would like to do and see: Osbourne lights, take a tour and have lunch with an imagineer and most of all celebrate our jobs and just have tons of fun.

We also lived near Disney for a few years so visits with friends is a defident must.

Itinnerary as we know it now is loaded into tripit. Will have a new blackberry Tour later this week so I will be attempting a visit paperless.

More to come soon!

Old 09-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
disneyaddicted
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelarad View Post
Love reading about the trips that others are planning so I thought it was time to step up and contribute. This will be our 6th trip to WDW at Christmas time.

The Dates: December 17-27
Resort: Boardwalk Villas- our home resort

Characters:DH and me.

What will make it magical this year is that we thought we would have to cancel. Last year two days before our departure, DH lost his job. In April, I found out I would be losing my job in June. In the last couple of weeks we have both gotten jobs! Trip on!

What is done: ADRs are selected waiting to for booking window to open.

What we would like to do and see: Osbourne lights, take a tour and have lunch with an imagineer and most of all celebrate our jobs and just have tons of fun.

We also lived near Disney for a few years so visits with friends is a defident must.

Itinnerary as we know it now is loaded into tripit. Will have a new blackberry Tour later this week so I will be attempting a visit paperless.

More to come soon!

How exciting to be there over Christmas, I have gonein Dec, but always early in the month.

I'm glad this trip will feel extra magical for you, and I'm glad everythign worked out for you and your DH.
Can't wait to read more.

This freezing weather is crampin my style A Dec 2010 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post39318035
][IMG]
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #3
kaelarad
DIS Veteran

The planning process continues. Despite all of our travels to Disney, I am amazed to find new things to experience. We are re arranging ADR's now that we have looked at some of the menus. We do have favorites that we always like to visit: Rose and Crown and Brown Derby. Also have to factor in a visit to Osbourne lights and of course wishes. Want to see what make your own tee shirt at DTD is all about and play minature golf. Hope to find a few other things that we have never done before.

I just found out that due to DH new job he will not be down until the 19th.

SO this trip becomes two days solo and then the most magical Christmas trip ever!!! Now due to this development we need to change our plans. Have no idea what I will do on my own for two and half days but will come up with something. ANy ideas?

We have decided to add a tour, deciding which one. I may try MVMCP on one of my solo evenings but not sure I want to go solo. I am just thrilled we are able to plan all this. Now entering info to mouse manager. Paper will help me take notes so I can attempt to write a trip report.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
MissBritt
It's a small, small world.

That stinks that your H will be arriving late. We will be overlapping 2 days... can't wait to read more of your plans.

December 2009-Port Orleans Riverside DXDDP
January 2010-All Star Sports QSDP
December 2010- Coronado Springs DDP
December 2011- POP Century

MK 9Xs, HS 2Xs, EP 2Xs, AK 3Xs, BB 1Xs, CdS 1Xs
Old 09-12-2009, 07:02 AM   #5
kaelarad
DIS Veteran

today was exciting. We scheduled our Owner's Locker for delivery. Think we have a final list of dining plans so I am ready for Friday and making the call. Went to the mall and was amazed at the appearence of Christmas decorations. Want to purchase a small Christmas Tree that we can take with us and put up in the room. We are driving so this won't be a problem. The planning binder travel books and lists are constantly out and being looked at. We are truly excited and feel fortunate that this trip is going to be a reality. Thinking about the shopping list.

Later this week will share the actual plans when our dining plans are finalized. Having lived 10 minutes from Disney for a few years we have decided to plan a number of meals off property this year. Decided in this economy we would support some of the local establishments.

More later this week as the excitment builds!!!!

Old 09-14-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
kaelarad
DIS Veteran

Excited as we approach our 90 day window! After a stressful and difficult year, focusing on he magic of Disney is an unbelievable feeling. And to read about other people plans are cool too.

DH and I spent time this weekend decided on a few special things to do. We are going to take a tour: segway is our first choice, future world tour our second.

We pulled out our Disney box to take inventory all of which will be left behind in our Owner's Locker at the end of our trip.

Planning binder is getting full. DH - John is laughing at me. I am highly organized and he loves to have some fun with that.

Today I am creating a photo lists: what little theme I will focus on this year. Last Christmas it was signs...not sure yet what this year's theme will be.

Shopping list is being compiled.

Printing out autograph cards, creating thank you cards for castmembers.

Packing list is next and more information to add to mouse manager and tripit.

[COLOR="Red"]IT IS OFFICIAL....WE ARE EXCITED AND CAN'T WAIT!!![/COLOR]

Later this week I will start posting our daily plans and will attempt to add photos!

Old 09-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #7
kaelarad
DIS Veteran

Getting ready for calling and crossing fingers that we get the ADR's we want.
Mini happy dance going on!

This is what we have chosen:

On Property:

Brown Derby
Rose and Crown
Liberty Tree Tavern
Grand Floridian Cafe
Raglan Road
le Cellier
Biergarten

Off Property:
Two Jays
Lotus Garden
Bone fish

After the dining is finalized next job is the packing list, printing autograph book, planning scrapbook pages and enjoying the anticipation.

Let it slip to my students that I will miss the last day and half of school before the holiday break because of the county school schedule changed.

Middle school students can be a rough crowd!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: