Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #1396
amir
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 42

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenpooh View Post
YES -- my DH and I stayed at CSR to do the 1/2 marathon this past January. You will see lots of Team in Training runners there. We had a car and drove to Epcot for the race start (got to sleep a little later than riding the bus in at 3 a.m.). The resort is in a great, central location, and the refurbished rooms are very nice!
This would be my first half marathon. I wanted to find a resort that would be safe and comfortable for me to stay with my kids. Thank you.
amir is offline  
Old 04-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #1397
JamesLynn
Mouseketeer
 
JamesLynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Florida!
Posts: 459

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthorstad View Post
We were at DW last october. We stayed in a cabin at FW. Kids loved it. (DD 8 and DS 6) We are considering coming for FD this year, and I had a few questions:

1. Do you think kids will be disappointed by lack of "mouse stuff" at CSR? I think we will get enough mouse stuff at the parks, but just wanted to check.
What kind of "mouse stuff" are you talking about? If your kids are into pools, then we have an amazing one. This is a business hotel so do we cater to a different clientale, but I see families there enjoying themselves as well. Plus, they enjoy the less crowded buses!

2. We drove last time, and took ALOT Of stuff. We are considering flying, so not as much stuff. If we order from Garden GRocer, will CSR people bring it to our room?
Bell Services receives the Garden Grocer orders and they would be happy to help you get it to your room.

3. Will someone at the desk bring our luggage to our room, or will we have to haul it ourselves?
We don't handle luggage at the Front Desk. You would have to speak with Bell Services.

4. Any problems getting buses to early ADR's inside the parks. Would like to do Crystal Palace at 8 am, and would be worried we wouldn't make it.
I see my first buses come around 6:45 am for the character breakfasts.

5. Any problems getting a cab if we want? How much would one be for a family of 4 to say DTD?
Nope. We usually have several ones out front. If a Bell Service greeter is outside in the Porte Cachere, then they can get one for you. If not, we can call for you. I would guess that a taxi ride to DTD would be anywhere between $10 - $20.

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks
Replies in purple.
JamesLynn is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #1398
jkthorstad
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 170

Thanks.
jkthorstad is offline  
Old 04-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #1399
1stTimeDisneyer
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 719

Thanks for you replys JamesLynn.

I do have a questions for anyone who can help me. We would like to rent a car for one day to go to the outlets. Are there any rentals companies that will drop off and pick up at CSR?
__________________
Andrea

Here we come May 2009! Me DH DMom DDad


1stTimeDisneyer is offline  
Old 04-07-2009, 01:18 PM   #1400
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,068

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimeDisneyer View Post
Thanks for you replys JamesLynn.

I do have a questions for anyone who can help me. We would like to rent a car for one day to go to the outlets. Are there any rentals companies that will drop off and pick up at CSR?
You might have better luck gettinig an answer to this on the Transportation Board.
KatMark is online now  
Old 04-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #1401
Ela1972
Mouseketeer
 
Ela1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lancashire, U.K.
Posts: 291

Hello again!! Hope that everyone is well!
We returned from CSR 3.5 days ago, it has taken me this long to get through the 25 pages I have missed on this thread whilst I was away.

It is so cold here after the very warm weather we had in sunny orlando.

We arrived at CSR (it is as beautiful as the photo's) around 5pm. We were in the rancho's section (had requested cabanas) and was a little disappointed but we were on the ground floor right in front of the quiet pool. This was building 7B. It turned out to be great my girls 4 and 9 loved the quiet pool and we were also very close to bus stop 4. We had 2 connecting rooms great for us to relax whilst girls slept!

The buses were very good except for when we had ADR's (coincidence!? or disney conspiracy!!) we waited about 5-10 minutes usually. On ADR days we waited about 30minutes (go figure!!):rotf l2:

Buses were generally OK. Only once was there no room on a bus although we did have to stand a couple of times, this was only first thing n the morning or at closing time!

We personally loved the PM but the other family members with us hated it!! I did notice that some dishes were huge and could be shared others were on the small side. We also loved the laguna bar. Nice to unwind with a beer at the end of a busy day!

Went to the dig site once to swim (yes I even made it on to the slide but fortuneatly there are no photos that I know of!!) but my girls preferred the quiet pool.

We saw glen the alligator (he was called Bill by some of the staff at the laguna bar) also saw a turtle!

The concierge staff were excellent even with all my silly questions. Had a couple of problems at check in with 2 rooms being linked to one account (2different families!) but I believe this was a problem caused by the wording used with our TA. Also was not informed Bell services could take our luggage we had been travelling for 22 hours by this point so my brain was non existant to work this out on my own, and we struggled with 4 suitcases 2 pieces of hand luggage a stroller and a tired sulky 4 year old!! Apart from this all CM's great.

Had a couple of conferences on whilst we were there. Found this to be good as long as you don't eat at regular times (ie. lunch at noon!).


Sorry if this has gone on a bit. If I ever get the hang of the photo thing I'll post some (never heard of photobucket or whatever it is!!)

Hope to be back soon. My DD4 is already asking if we can do another countdown chain for her next trip!! Disney addict at such an early age!! Must get back to my
__________________
Ela1972


Me DH, DD (15) DD(9)
Ela1972 is offline  
Old 04-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #1402
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peterborough, Uk
Posts: 2,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthorstad View Post
We were at DW last october. We stayed in a cabin at FW. Kids loved it. (DD 8 and DS 6) We are considering coming for FD this year, and I had a few questions:

1. Do you think kids will be disappointed by lack of "mouse stuff" at CSR? I think we will get enough mouse stuff at the parks, but just wanted to check.

2. We drove last time, and took ALOT Of stuff. We are considering flying, so not as much stuff. If we order from Garden GRocer, will CSR people bring it to our room?

3. Will someone at the desk bring our luggage to our room, or will we have to haul it ourselves?

4. Any problems getting buses to early ADR's inside the parks. Would like to do Crystal Palace at 8 am, and would be worried we wouldn't make it.

5. Any problems getting a cab if we want? How much would one be for a family of 4 to say DTD?

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks
1. Disney stuff You will still get Mickey cups for the kids, a store, mickey high chairs etc. Its as 'Disneyfied' as any other resort and more than those such as GF

2Gardengrocer We have used them twice. Ordered groceries to be delivered at about arrival time. In 2007 they arrived after us and Bell services called to check we were in our room and then delivered them to us. No problems. This year even better our flight was delayed and the groceries arrived first. We mentioned it to bell services when we had checked in and they took us plus our luggage to the storage area, collected our groceries and added to the cart then delivered all of us and our luggage and groceries to our room.

3Bell services We have always used DME so they do drop your luggage but to be honest the car parking is so near all the rooms you wouldn't have a problem moving your own. We have seen other car drivers drop their luggage at the entrance and get their ticket so that it can be delivered to their room.

4 breakfast ADRs and transport First and second trips to CSR we got early transports for our ADRs no problems. This time we had two early morning ADRs one at CRT and one at Ohanas. The morning of CRT we got a 7am transport no problem at all but when we wanted to get to MK to take monorail to Ohanas we waited for thirty minutes and no transport so we jumped in a cab.

5 cabs We have had a fair few cabs. We are usually in a rush at least once during our holiday and jump in a cab so as not to miss our ADR. We also need to check in to the UK at DTD so take a van with our luggage there on the last day. Second trip we even needed a 2.30am cab to take us to Pop Century to get a coach to the shuttle launch. Never waited for a cab the guy out front just whistles for one. Never paid more than $15 to get anywhere!
__________________
Me DH DS (16) DD (12)
10/2003 CSR 10/2007 CSR/ST PETE'S/GF 02/2009 CSR10/2009 CSR 10/2010 CSR 10/2011 AKL 10/2012 BC


chocolateMinnie is offline  
Old 04-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #1403
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,068

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ela1972 View Post
Hello again!! Hope that everyone is well!
We returned from CSR 3.5 days ago, it has taken me this long to get through the 25 pages I have missed on this thread whilst I was away.

It is so cold here after the very warm weather we had in sunny orlando.

We arrived at CSR (it is as beautiful as the photo's) around 5pm. We were in the rancho's section (had requested cabanas) and was a little disappointed but we were on the ground floor right in front of the quiet pool. This was building 7B. It turned out to be great my girls 4 and 9 loved the quiet pool and we were also very close to bus stop 4. We had 2 connecting rooms great for us to relax whilst girls slept!

The buses were very good except for when we had ADR's (coincidence!? or disney conspiracy!!) we waited about 5-10 minutes usually. On ADR days we waited about 30minutes (go figure!!):rotf l2:

Buses were generally OK. Only once was there no room on a bus although we did have to stand a couple of times, this was only first thing n the morning or at closing time!

We personally loved the PM but the other family members with us hated it!! I did notice that some dishes were huge and could be shared others were on the small side. We also loved the laguna bar. Nice to unwind with a beer at the end of a busy day!

Went to the dig site once to swim (yes I even made it on to the slide but fortuneatly there are no photos that I know of!!) but my girls preferred the quiet pool.

We saw glen the alligator (he was called Bill by some of the staff at the laguna bar) also saw a turtle!

The concierge staff were excellent even with all my silly questions. Had a couple of problems at check in with 2 rooms being linked to one account (2different families!) but I believe this was a problem caused by the wording used with our TA. Also was not informed Bell services could take our luggage we had been travelling for 22 hours by this point so my brain was non existant to work this out on my own, and we struggled with 4 suitcases 2 pieces of hand luggage a stroller and a tired sulky 4 year old!! Apart from this all CM's great.

Had a couple of conferences on whilst we were there. Found this to be good as long as you don't eat at regular times (ie. lunch at noon!).


Sorry if this has gone on a bit. If I ever get the hang of the photo thing I'll post some (never heard of photobucket or whatever it is!!)

Hope to be back soon. My DD4 is already asking if we can do another countdown chain for her next trip!! Disney addict at such an early age!! Must get back to my
Thanks for letting us know about your trip. Glad you had a good time at the CSR. We too often prefer the quiet pool! Sorry you went home to cold weather.
KatMark is online now  
Old 04-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #1404
tzolkin
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,914

Is there an age/height requirement for the pool slide?
tzolkin is offline  
Old 04-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #1405
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,068

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzolkin View Post
Is there an age/height requirement for the pool slide?
Here are the rules (I hope you can see most of them) for the Jaguar Slide:

KatMark is online now  
Old 04-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #1406
Ela1972
Mouseketeer
 
Ela1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lancashire, U.K.
Posts: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzolkin View Post
Is there an age/height requirement for the pool slide?
It says good/strong swimmers only but I saw a lot of young (would guess 2/3 year olds) going down the slide with the lifevests on!
__________________
Ela1972


Me DH, DD (15) DD(9)
Ela1972 is offline  
Old 04-07-2009, 06:41 PM   #1407
aim
Mouseketeer
 
aim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 197

We're Coming Back!!

Hey, Buzz, KatMark, and Jamie, WE'RE COMING BACK! We stayed at CSR last November and we are returning for a second trip in September. My husband, 9-yr. old son, and I all loved that resort and WDW! Thanks to you (and all the others) we had no problem deciding where to stay! I'm back on board and can't wait!!

Last edited by aim; 04-07-2009 at 06:46 PM. Reason: adding to statement
aim is offline  
Old 04-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #1408
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,068

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim View Post
Hey, Buzz, KatMark, and Jamie, WE'RE COMING BACK! We stayed at CSR last November and we are returning for a second trip in September. My husband, 9-yr. old son, and I all loved that resort and WDW! Thanks to you (and all the others) we had no problem deciding where to stay! I'm back on board and can't wait!!
Always love to hear that someone enjoyed their stay at CSR so much that they are going back.

FYI, Buzz is no longer with the DIS. But JamesLynn and I will try to help if you have any questions.
KatMark is online now  
Old 04-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #1409
WDWJosh
Earning My Ears
 
WDWJosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northeast OH/Spaceship Earth
Posts: 26

I also just returned from 8 days at CSR (returned on 4/3), and I fell in LOVE with the resort from the second I stepped on the grounds.

We were in building 9A (Cabanas), overlooking the quiet pool. I found myself wishing on most nights that the quiet pool was open past 9, even though the Dig Site wasn't a very far walk, it would have been really great to lounge in the pool near the room.

I met the little gator on the rocks by the beach on our 2nd day there. He was catching some sun while I was grabbing a few pictures.

I have stayed on property several times now, mostly in value resorts and moderate-ish hotels off-property, and not once have I had as much of a desire to just chill around the resort like I did this time.

I find myself looking for the relaxing music they play all over the resort, as well.

The countdown to Christmas at WDW begins.
WDWJosh is offline  
Old 04-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #1410
nealsmith
9-12er
 
nealsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ela1972 View Post
Hope to be back soon. My DD4 is already asking if we can do another countdown chain for her next trip!! Disney addict at such an early age!!
We are doing the countdown chain too. Really helps DD 5 to grasp the concept of time. We've been telling her we had plans for the weekend, movie shopping etc. and she would just smile and say 'then are we going to Disney?'
Also staying at CSR for the first time, looking forward to it!
__________________
DisDad #605 medw (dd 9) (ds 6)
nealsmith is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: