Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #1381
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerjmls View Post
Wow...four inches of snow. I can't believe this is supposed to be Spring. It's making me even more anxious to get on that plane to Orlando. Only 1 week and 5 days left until we go. We are staying at CSR so if anyone has any questions you need answers to, let me know and I will try to find them for you while we are there.
New pictures, any updates will be more than welcome so I can try to keep the site up to date. Thanks!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #1382
momma2kiddos
Mouseketeer

I believe Laguna does serve food. It's a VERY SMALL selection, mind you, but I do remember saying I was going to order their coconut shrimp before we went home. Never did! LOL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #1383
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2kiddos View Post
I believe Laguna does serve food. It's a VERY SMALL selection, mind you, but I do remember saying I was going to order their coconut shrimp before we went home. Never did! LOL
Really. I never noticed that in all of the times I walked by and the one time we stopped and had a drink. I think you can order appetizer type things in the Rix Lounge, but I wasn't aware of that ability at Laguna.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:38 PM   #1384
momma2kiddos
Mouseketeer

It could have been Rix but I really think it was Laguna. I just remember sitting outside sipping on a margarita and looking at those little square menus they place on the tables.

I've been wrong before!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:43 PM   #1385
tinknme
I happened to be posting on the thread
I told dh it must have been something in the water over there

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2kiddos View Post
It could have been Rix but I really think it was Laguna. I just remember sitting outside sipping on a margarita and looking at those little square menus they place on the tables.

I've been wrong before!
When dh & I were there last month they did serve food at the Laguna bar. The waitress taking your drink order would take your food order as well. We never ordered while sitting out there(to busy enjoying our drinks lol) so I am not sure if the food was from the PM or Rix Cafe.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #1386
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinknme View Post
When dh & I were there last month they did serve food at the Laguna bar. The waitress taking your drink order would take your food order as well. We never ordered while sitting out there(to busy enjoying our drinks lol) so I am not sure if the food was from the PM or Rix Cafe.
Well, I learned something new today. Thanks for sharing this with me. I'll have to remember that on our next trip. We could go there for a drink and an appetizer before we head to dinner!
Old 04-07-2009, 06:57 AM   #1387
1stTimeDisneyer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLynn View Post
I would think so. It usually only takes a little less than a month to refurb a building. As the refurb just started, I can't really guess exactly how long it's going to take.

Casitas 2 and 3 are also very nice. Keep in mind that only the 4th floor of those buildings have been rehabbed.

Casitas 3 sits on the lake side, while Casitas 2 sits behind it.
I prefer 3 because I think that it had better standard views than 2.
Thank you so much for the information. I am hoping 4 will be done, but if not I will ask for 3. I thought the view was much nicer there too. Any chance we will run into upon checking in on the 10th?

Here we come May 2009! Me DH DMom DDad

Old 04-07-2009, 06:59 AM   #1388
1stTimeDisneyer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerjmls View Post
HEY !! I was at Monroeville Mall yesterday. It is freezing here and it is already beginning to snow. Yuk.
Can you believe how dead the mall is? So much is closed down. Also I cannot believe this snow, what happened to our nice days?

KatMark- I think we are getting your snow now. It is to snow all day.

Here we come May 2009! Me DH DMom DDad

Old 04-07-2009, 08:15 AM   #1389
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimeDisneyer View Post
Can you believe how dead the mall is? So much is closed down. Also I cannot believe this snow, what happened to our nice days?

KatMark- I think we are getting your snow now. It is to snow all day.

I'm sorry. If it is any consolation, the snow basically melted yesterday afternoon when the sun came out. There are only a few spots that still have any. Hopefully this is the last of it!
Old 04-07-2009, 08:46 AM   #1390
eag119
Mouseketeer

Hey all... I am leaving in a month for the world. Any more pictures of CSR to feed my addiction?
Old 04-07-2009, 08:50 AM   #1391
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eag119 View Post
Hey all... I am leaving in a month for the world. Any more pictures of CSR to feed my addiction?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1849807
Old 04-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #1392
JamesLynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarinfan View Post
Thanks JamesLynn - Do you work there? That would be a nice place to go every day!
Yes I do work at Coronado.

So there are not any 2 story areas in the ranchos or 3 story areas in the casitas?
Nope.

Do you happen to know if they'll still valet park for people with handicapped parking? I know they'll do that at Port Orleans even though there's no valet.
We do not.

Would you know if all the renovated rooms will have the exact same decorations? Or will they be different to go with the section they're in?
They're all the same. The theming outside is what makes each section different.

Also I was wondering if there's still an arcade in the main building. When I called to ask another question today they mentioned that there's only one arcade - the Iguana. Everything I've read says there's another one called Jumping Beans.
They removed the Jumping Beans arcarde to put in Cafe Rix, so we only have the one at the main pool.
I answered in purple.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #1393
JamesLynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimeDisneyer View Post
Thank you so much for the information. I am hoping 4 will be done, but if not I will ask for 3. I thought the view was much nicer there too. Any chance we will run into upon checking in on the 10th?
Only if you check in between 10 pm and 8:30 am on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
I work the Graveyard shift.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #1394
JamesLynn
Mouseketeer

An FYI to those coming down in the next few days:

The Marina will be open starting today (4/7) and will remain open until 4/19.
Their hours are 11:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #1395
jkthorstad
Mouseketeer

Considering CSR

We were at DW last october. We stayed in a cabin at FW. Kids loved it. (DD 8 and DS 6) We are considering coming for FD this year, and I had a few questions:

1. Do you think kids will be disappointed by lack of "mouse stuff" at CSR? I think we will get enough mouse stuff at the parks, but just wanted to check.

2. We drove last time, and took ALOT Of stuff. We are considering flying, so not as much stuff. If we order from Garden GRocer, will CSR people bring it to our room?

3. Will someone at the desk bring our luggage to our room, or will we have to haul it ourselves?

4. Any problems getting buses to early ADR's inside the parks. Would like to do Crystal Palace at 8 am, and would be worried we wouldn't make it.

5. Any problems getting a cab if we want? How much would one be for a family of 4 to say DTD?

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: