Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #886
Debagu
Mouseketeer

Thanks Katmark for responding so quickly.
I think I am gonna take my chances and not do the
online check in and just fax in my request 4 days before.
Since this is my 1st time at the Coronado and every
faxing, I don't want to mess it up. I'm sure where ever we
end up is going to be great. From everything I have read on
this thread, I can't see us having a bad experience there.
I am so excited about trying this resort for the 1st time.
I just like to be closed to a pool for the kids and we needed a
bottom floor for my mom. We have always gotten any request
we have made with disney in the past, so I need to stop worrying
myself.
Mar 2009-CSR
Sept 2009-POP
Mar 2010-Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2010-POP
July 2011-POP
July 2012-Art of Animation
Oct 2012-Disney Fantasy
DH DD 15 DS 13 Grandma
Old 03-11-2009, 06:47 PM   #887
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Debagu, you are going to have such a wonderful time!

If you need a first floor for your mother for any medical reason, please call the special needs line and they will be sure you have a first floor room, close to whatever you need to be near. 407-939-7807 option #1 or # 4 (even though 4 will say camping, some of the best special needs CM's answer there - they told me to call that extension). If they are closed, leave a message and they will call you back the next day. They are wonderful!

If you have any questions, please do PM me.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #888
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink771 View Post
Omg, I can't wait! Is it time to go already. Sorry no questions, just expressions!
Almost time for the single digit dance.

RIP Genie
Old 03-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #889
tinknme
I happened to be posting on the thread
I told dh it must have been something in the water over there

Just returned yesterday from a wonderful stay at CSR! It was really hard leaving 80 temps to come home to below 30 lol

We were in Cabana 9A, 1st floor, room 9122. Perfect location for us, we used bus stop #4 which was just a couple minute walk from our room. Our room looked just as nice as the pictures that have been posted. I did not use the online check in, but did fax our requests about 5 days before arrival. We ate at PM a couple of times, the fajitas & half rotisserie chicken were great! I also fell in love with the frozen cappuccinos, they were like a milkshake

We did not go to Rix lounge, but we did enjoy a couple of nights sitting at the outside bar. We walked the grounds quite a bit & did get a few pictures. I will post some as soon as I get the loaded onto my computer.

We never had problems with the buses & getting to all the parks was very quick(except DTD & I think that is the same where ever you stay unless you are at POR).

I think this is now my favorite Mod resort & will plan future stays here!

There were conventions going on, but that did not bother us at all.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #890
lovedoggies
Mouseketeer

We just returned from CSR last night. I'm sorry but I didn't love it. It was fine. We didn't have any major problems, it was just ok

We did not any of our room requests. I asked for a renovated room, and we paid for a water view room. Know what our water was? a fountain! Kind of a rip off. We did not get a renovated room, but I realize that was only a request. Paying extra for a fountain view just isn't what I expected.

The room itself was very ready for the renovation. I know they are in the process, so I wont go into it.

Frig didn't work. Took 2 days to get that fixed. We didn't realize it didn't work until all our food was ruined. It wasn't cold when we checked in, so we moved the temp thingy up a bit (it was on 1, so we moved it up to 3 I think. It made a noise, like it was amping up, so we went ahead and put our food that we bought in the little store inside (cup of fruit, 4 things of yogurt, milk) inside. After about an hour it was still not cold. Called maintenance and they said it had to be on 4 to work. So we moved it to 4, fully trusting this lady, and went on our way to the parks. Stupidly didnt check it - it was making noise and I just assumed it was working. The next morning we woke, and grabbed a yogurt for breakfast. Warm! Obviously the frig did not work. Called them immediately and they said someone would be there that day to fix it. I asked about replacing our ruined food, but they would not do anything. Frig was still not fixed that evening when we got back, so I called again and finally they sent a guy out to replace the frig. But he couldnt reach the plug so he put it under the window, using one of our only plugs in the room (the set by the tv were taped off, so we couldn't use those). So we had one plug by the bed and and the ones in the bathroom. That was it. I complained a little because we needed to charge our cell phones, our laptop, our camera batteries, etc. The guy said he couldnt move the armoir thing by himself, and he didnt have anyone to help him. So under the window it stayed. We went and bought a power strip, and that solved our problem, but it still bugged me that it took so long for it to be taken care of, and now we had a frig right by our door and window, and we had no plugs!

The cast members at the resort were friendly and nice. The common areas are very pretty. It is a relaxing atmosphere. The lake is gorgeous, the digsite pool is nice. We enjoyed the hammocks, but it was a really long walk from the Casitas where we were - so all the relaxing from the hammocks wore off by the time we got back to our room.

We were close to the main bldg and all the food & the bus stop. That was nice, but overall I was not thrilled with this resort. It is huge and to get to anything you have to really walk pretty far.

Bus transportation: the buses coming back to the resort are great - you dont have to share with any other resorts, and they are near the front (walking to them from the parks). There was never a huge line for the buses, either, like some of the other resorts. We were closest to the bus stop at the front of the resort. Internally, the front bus stop (by the lobby) is picked up / dropped off last. So we had to stand a lot. We could have walked over to the bus stop for the Casitas, but it was really far from our room. That was the first one to be picked up / dropped off.

Food: You have to eat at Maya Grill - it was delicious! We didn't plan on eating there, but decided to when we smelled the food. The food was so good. Service was slow (and the place was half empty), but we enjoyed our food so much that it didn't matter. Pepper Market wasn't one of our favorites.

Overall, an ok resort. We probably would not stay there again. Just didn't feel any magic there.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #891
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinknme View Post
Just returned yesterday from a wonderful stay at CSR! It was really hard leaving 80 temps to come home to below 30 lol

We were in Cabana 9A, 1st floor, room 9122. Perfect location for us, we used bus stop #4 which was just a couple minute walk from our room. Our room looked just as nice as the pictures that have been posted. I did not use the online check in, but did fax our requests about 5 days before arrival. We ate at PM a couple of times, the fajitas & half rotisserie chicken were great! I also fell in love with the frozen cappuccinos, they were like a milkshake

We did not go to Rix lounge, but we did enjoy a couple of nights sitting at the outside bar. We walked the grounds quite a bit & did get a few pictures. I will post some as soon as I get the loaded onto my computer.

We never had problems with the buses & getting to all the parks was very quick(except DTD & I think that is the same where ever you stay unless you are at POR).

Thanks for your review. So glad that you enjoyed the CSR and that you got a renovated room. I can't wait to see them up close and personal.

RIP Genie
Old 03-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #892
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedoggies View Post
We just returned from CSR last night. I'm sorry but I didn't love it. It was fine. We didn't have any major problems, it was just ok

We did not any of our room requests. I asked for a renovated room, and we paid for a water view room. Know what our water was? a fountain! Kind of a rip off. We did not get a renovated room, but I realize that was only a request. Paying extra for a fountain view just isn't what I expected.

The room itself was very ready for the renovation. I know they are in the process, so I wont go into it.

Frig didn't work. Took 2 days to get that fixed. We didn't realize it didn't work until all our food was ruined. It wasn't cold when we checked in, so we moved the temp thingy up a bit (it was on 1, so we moved it up to 3 I think. It made a noise, like it was amping up, so we went ahead and put our food that we bought in the little store inside (cup of fruit, 4 things of yogurt, milk) inside. After about an hour it was still not cold. Called maintenance and they said it had to be on 4 to work. So we moved it to 4, fully trusting this lady, and went on our way to the parks. Stupidly didnt check it - it was making noise and I just assumed it was working. The next morning we woke, and grabbed a yogurt for breakfast. Warm! Obviously the frig did not work. Called them immediately and they said someone would be there that day to fix it. I asked about replacing our ruined food, but they would not do anything. Frig was still not fixed that evening when we got back, so I called again and finally they sent a guy out to replace the frig. But he couldnt reach the plug so he put it under the window, using one of our only plugs in the room (the set by the tv were taped off, so we couldn't use those). So we had one plug by the bed and and the ones in the bathroom. That was it. I complained a little because we needed to charge our cell phones, our laptop, our camera batteries, etc. The guy said he couldnt move the armoir thing by himself, and he didnt have anyone to help him. So under the window it stayed. We went and bought a power strip, and that solved our problem, but it still bugged me that it took so long for it to be taken care of, and now we had a frig right by our door and window, and we had no plugs!

The cast members at the resort were friendly and nice. The common areas are very pretty. It is a relaxing atmosphere. The lake is gorgeous, the digsite pool is nice. We enjoyed the hammocks, but it was a really long walk from the Casitas where we were - so all the relaxing from the hammocks wore off by the time we got back to our room.

We were close to the main bldg and all the food & the bus stop. That was nice, but overall I was not thrilled with this resort. It is huge and to get to anything you have to really walk pretty far.

Bus transportation: the buses coming back to the resort are great - you dont have to share with any other resorts, and they are near the front (walking to them from the parks). There was never a huge line for the buses, either, like some of the other resorts. We were closest to the bus stop at the front of the resort. Internally, the front bus stop (by the lobby) is picked up / dropped off last. So we had to stand a lot. We could have walked over to the bus stop for the Casitas, but it was really far from our room. That was the first one to be picked up / dropped off.

Food: You have to eat at Maya Grill - it was delicious! We didn't plan on eating there, but decided to when we smelled the food. The food was so good. Service was slow (and the place was half empty), but we enjoyed our food so much that it didn't matter. Pepper Market wasn't one of our favorites.

Overall, an ok resort. We probably would not stay there again. Just didn't feel any magic there.
I'm sorry that the CSR wasn't for you. But I'm glad you gave it a try.

RIP Genie
Old 03-12-2009, 11:55 AM   #893
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinknme View Post

I am so glad you had a good time at CSR, Janet!!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 03-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #894
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
We just returned from CSR last night. I'm sorry but I didn't love it. It was fine. We didn't have any major problems, it was just ok.
Sounds like you made a valiant try at liking it. Wish it had been a better match for you. I am also glad there were bright spots to the stay!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 03-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #895
Debagu
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Sorry to hear that you didn't get any of your requests. I was wondering did you ask for the Casitas or another area in your requests? I too and hoping for a renovated room, although I have not asked for that in my request. I asked for a Cabana building and we too have a waterview. I understand all the Cabanas are renovated so hopefully we will at least get that.
Mar 2009-CSR
Sept 2009-POP
Aug 2010-POP
July 2011-POP
Oct 2012-Disney Fantasy
DH DD 15 DS 13 Grandma
Old 03-12-2009, 12:18 PM   #896
tinknme
I happened to be posting on the thread
I told dh it must have been something in the water over there

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
I am so glad you had a good time at CSR, Janet!!
Hi Elin Are you thinking of staying here?

Old 03-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #897
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:

That's too bad you didn't enjoy the resort more...do you think it would have made any difference if the room was renovated, fridge worked and you had a lake view?

Unfortunately, to Disney a water view could turn out to be a sliver of water through thick trees. You hit the jackpot with a fountain view!! I do think Disney needs to revamp the water view category.

Your family is more tolerant than mine - we would have requested a room change.

Glad you still enjoyed your vacation!

Old 03-12-2009, 12:33 PM   #898
lovedoggies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debagu View Post
Sorry to hear that you didn't get any of your requests. I was wondering did you ask for the Casitas or another area in your requests? I too and hoping for a renovated room, although I have not asked for that in my request. I asked for a Cabana building and we too have a waterview. I understand all the Cabanas are renovated so hopefully we will at least get that.
We did ask for Cabanas. My actual request was for a Cabanas Renovated Room. I didnt know that all of them were renovated at the time, but regardless, we were put in the Casitas. We didn't request the water view, we paid for it. So just be aware that the water view can be of a fountain, it doesn't necessarily get you a pool view or lake view.

I hope you get put in one of the newly renovated rooms - they look awesome!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:39 PM   #899
Debagu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We did ask for Cabanas. My actual request was for a Cabanas Renovated Room. I didnt know that all of them were renovated at the time, but regardless, we were put in the Casitas. We didn't request the water view, we paid for it. So just be aware that the water view can be of a fountain, it doesn't necessarily get you a pool view or lake view.

I hope you get put in one of the newly renovated rooms - they look awesome!
Oh that doesn't sound good for me. I really want to be in the Cabanas!!!
I do plan to fax in a request 5 days ahead of time with my request again.
We actually have 3 rooms and one of them will be arriving 2 days before us, so I guess we will know before we even get there at least what building we will be in and hopefully it will be in the Cabana's.
Mar 2009-CSR
Sept 2009-POP
Aug 2010-POP
July 2011-POP
Oct 2012-Disney Fantasy
DH DD 15 DS 13 Grandma
Old 03-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #900
lovedoggies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
That's too bad you didn't enjoy the resort more...do you think it would have made any difference if the room was renovated, fridge worked and you had a lake view?

Unfortunately, to Disney a water view could turn out to be a sliver of water through thick trees. You hit the jackpot with a fountain view!! I do think Disney needs to revamp the water view category.

Your family is more tolerant than mine - we would have requested a room change.

Glad you still enjoyed your vacation!
I hope it doesn't sound like I hated the place -- that is not the case at all. It was fine. But yes, I would have been much happier if we had a renovated room, and our frig worked (it was not a deal breaker, it was just aggravating), and if we had a view of a pool or of the lake. We didn't even actually have a view of the fountain, our room was in the area overlooking the fountain area. We had to walk out our door to see the fountain - if we looked out our window we saw a large patio area. They hold events out there for the conferences - so we got to watch a 'mixer' event one afternoon

I thought about trying to switch rooms, but when we checked in they told us the cabanas were all full. We were only there 4 nights so I just went with what they gave us. I may call and try to get the 'water view' extra cost refunded, for the Principle of the thing.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: