Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #691
jaycns
I am green with envy. Vanilla Ice is MY closet obsession!
I've got PUNKY POWER!
ppppfartttt - it was the SHOES! I swear!
It's wonderful to see the dropper of the poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post
The very top of Illuminations and a few of the big fireworks from Wishes are viewble from the 4th floor of Casitas 1, near the convention center entrance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
We also saw some of them from the top floor of Casitas 5.
Would this view only be available in a room or is there a public area where the display can be glimpsed from?

And thank you for answering so quickly!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #692
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycns View Post
Would this view only be available in a room or is there a public area where the display can be glimpsed from?

I see no reason why you can't stand on the walkway and watch the fireworks. I've done it in front of my own room and from in front of others' rooms. I just try to be quiet in case there are little ones sleeping.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2009, 10:00 PM   #693
jaycns
I've got PUNKY POWER!

Quote:
I see no reason why you can't stand on the walkway and watch the fireworks. I've done it in front of my own room and from in front of others' rooms. I just try to be quiet in case there are little ones sleeping.
Thank you! That is just what I needed to know! I will be sure to remind my son to use his quiet voice.

I do have one more question (I won't even pretend to claim it's my last )...what is arrival like? We have either stayed at a value where there was nothing in the form of a bell hop out front or in deluxes where our baggage was whisked away for us. Does the CSR have a greeter? Bell hops? *Sorry for this question, I know it has probably been asked and answered already, I am just not seeing the answer.*
Old 03-02-2009, 10:02 PM   #694
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! That is just what I needed to know! I will be sure to remind my son to use his quiet voice.

I do have one more question (I won't even pretend to claim it's my last )...what is arrival like? We have either stayed at a value where there was nothing in the form of a bell hop out front or in deluxes where our baggage was whisked away for us. Does the CSR have a greeter? Bell hops? *Sorry for this question, I know it has probably been asked and answered already, I am just not seeing the answer.*
Yes, the CSR has bellhops. Now, that being said, we've never used them. We rent a car so after we register, we simply get back in the car and drive to our building and bring in our own luggage. However, I have seen the bellhops hold the luggage (if you are heading to the parks) and pile the luggage and the guests in a golf cart and drive them to their room.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #695
jaycns
I've got PUNKY POWER!

Quote:
Yes, the CSR has bellhops. Now, that being said, we've never used them. We rent a car so after we register, we simply get back in the car and drive to our building and bring in our own luggage. However, I have seen the bellhops hold the luggage (if you are heading to the parks) and pile the luggage and the guests in a golf cart and drive them to their room.
Thanks again!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:31 AM   #696
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink771 View Post
I stayed in building 9B in January however, we did not have access to the Club Level Lounge.

Are all the newly renovated rooms looking like this one in Cabanas 9 or is this update specifically for those rooms? Specifically... are all the beds and headboards and linens like this all over CSR now? Also, are there doors between the sink are and the main area of the room or are there curtains in the Ranchos and Casitas like the other moderates? Hopefully these questions made sense!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 03-03-2009, 06:36 AM   #697
tinknme
I happened to be posting on the thread
I told dh it must have been something in the water over there

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Are all the newly renovated rooms looking like this one in Cabanas 9 or is this update specifically for those rooms? Specifically... are all the beds and headboards and linens like this all over CSR now? Also, are there doors between the sink are and the main area of the room or are there curtains in the Ranchos and Casitas like the other moderates? Hopefully these questions made sense!
Hi Elin! All the rooms will have the new decor once the rehab is done & it is expected to be finished by Oct. of this year. Right now only the Cabanas & some of the top floors of the Castias are done.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow I will be in one of these new rooms!

Old 03-03-2009, 07:12 AM   #698
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinknme View Post
Hi Elin! All the rooms will have the new decor once the rehab is done & it is expected to be finished by Oct. of this year. Right now only the Cabanas & some of the top floors of the Castias are done.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow I will be in one of these new rooms!
Thanks, Janet! I hope you get one of the refurbished rooms too!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 03-03-2009, 07:42 AM   #699
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Yes, all rooms will look like this when they are completed. Those rooms that have not been rehabbed still have the curtins. But they will ALL have the sliding doors.

As of now, Cabanas 8A and 8B and 9A and 9B are finished. The 4th floor of Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are finished. They are currently working on Ranchos 6A. The rehab is scheduled to be completed around October 09.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:59 AM   #700
10yrsApart
Earning My Ears

Quote:

My husband and I saw the fireworks a few nights sitting down by the lake right outside the main building. Not sure which parks, we would look to the right and saw some then they would go off to the left, 2 different shows.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:23 AM   #701
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

I am so excited to be staying at CSR. We will arrive around midnight and hope there will be assistance with our luggage. If not, we will just have to do???

I can't wait as the weather is suppose to be warmer as the week goes on
Old 03-03-2009, 08:27 AM   #702
CAJUNWDWFAN
Do or Do Not, There is No Try!

Great FAQ!

I love the look of the newly renovated rooms in the cabanas section. We just stayed in June 2008 and had the old rooms. None were renovated at that time. Looking forward to staying there again in the future.

Disney Trips: (19 Trips and Counting!)
Grand Floridian Dec.-2013
Beach Club Dec.-2009 (Stone Harbor Club!)
Polynesian Resort April-2009 (Honeymoon!) Sept.-2013
Coronado Springs May-2003, Nov.-2006, June-2008, April-2012
Wilderness Lodge Dec.-2005, Oct.-2011
Port Orleans 1994, Port Orleans Riverside Oct.-2007, May-2013
Numerous trips as a kid to (Contemporary/Polynesian) (1977, 1978, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1987)
Old 03-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #703
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieVanMom View Post
I am so excited to be staying at CSR. We will arrive around midnight and hope there will be assistance with our luggage. If not, we will just have to do???

Have an absolutely wonderful trip. I hope you like CSR half as much as we do. I am sure someone will be available to help you with your luggage. If you don't see anyone, just ask!
Old 03-03-2009, 08:46 AM   #704
10yrsApart
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieVanMom View Post

We went a few weeks ago and arrived at the resort a little after midnight and we just went to the bellhop window and they put our luggage and groceries on a golf cart and brought us to our room. The rest of our luggage that was coming on ME I had them wait until the next morning to bring up.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #705
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Question Lights in the new renovated standard rooms ?

Lighting in the new renovated CSR standard rooms ?

In the pictures I saw lights over the queen beds.

Is there also a light on the new desk ?

Is there a floor lamp in the room to add extar light ?

I know the bathroom has lights over the sink mirror and in the toilet/shower area.

How is the rest of the room light up ?

Thanks !
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: