Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #676
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,776

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunprincess View Post
Hi everyone! My family and I stayed at CSR back in 2005, and I'm so excited to go back again in May!!

As far as the renovated rooms go, when should I request a refurbished room? Should I do it now or when I arrive in May? And no worries, I know that the request is just a request, not a gurantee. Thanks!!
I would wait until you get there. I'd put in a request now if you want a specific section of the resort, but then wait until you get there, and with a smile on your face, ask if possible to get a rehabbed room. By May they will seven months into it (it's scheduled to be done by October 09) so your chances will be a little better. We've not seen them yet, and can't wait to see them in person in September.
KatMark is offline  
Old 03-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #677
clemsondisneyfan
We are a family of 4 and we love to visit the Mouse!
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 237

Question club level?

Hi everyone! We are going to CSR for our 2nd stay at this particular resort (Nov. 2009). When we booked about 3 months ago, they told us that they did not have club level rooms. We called back about 2 weeks later to ask another person and they told us the same thing - "no club level."

But, I know I just saw about a dozen pages back that Buzz stayed at club level - right?! Or am I just seriously "wishful thinking"!?

I've got 2 rooms booked and would love to upgrade - but do I waste time calling again??

Buzz - the pictures you posted of the newly renovated rooms look terrific. I am looking forward to our next trip.
clemsondisneyfan is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #678
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,776

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsondisneyfan View Post
Hi everyone! We are going to CSR for our 2nd stay at this particular resort (Nov. 2009). When we booked about 3 months ago, they told us that they did not have club level rooms. We called back about 2 weeks later to ask another person and they told us the same thing - "no club level."

But, I know I just saw about a dozen pages back that Buzz stayed at club level - right?! Or am I just seriously "wishful thinking"!?

I've got 2 rooms booked and would love to upgrade - but do I waste time calling again??

Buzz - the pictures you posted of the newly renovated rooms look terrific. I am looking forward to our next trip.

I will answer on behalf of Buzz. After a trial run, they decided that it was not worth the money to have Club Level for regular resort guests. They could not justify the cost. Therefore, Club Level is only available to convention guests.

HOWEVER, if there is no convention happening at the CSR, guests can be put into Cabana 9B--they just don't get the Club Level privileges.
KatMark is offline  
Old 03-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #679
tink771
DIS Veteran
 
tink771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Posts: 772

I stayed in building 9B in January however, we did not have access to the Club Level Lounge.



__________________
ASM-5/8 9/5 1/4 11/3 12/00 ASMO-8/3 ASP-12/10 AKL-4/7 12/4 1/3 CBR-7/4 5/4 7/91 CSR- 5/13 1/13 11/12 5/12 10/9 5/9 3/9 1/9 9/8 3/6 6/6 8/5 7/5 5/5 3/4 5/2 7/00 7/99 POLY-5/7 POP-3/13 9/12 10/11 8/11 5/11 10/10 4/8 9/7 3/7 9/6 10/5 1/5 8/4 2/4 POFQ-3/3 POR-6/2 7/93 SS-3/11WL-92
tink771 is offline  
Old 03-01-2009, 08:15 PM   #680
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!
 
mom2taylorandemily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 6,951

Can anyone answer for me, where are the Bus Stops located at each park for CSR? We have stayed at CBR and found that their bus stops seem to be the furthest away from all the rest. I didn't really understand how the stops are laid out, but just curious about CBRs. Thanks in advance.
__________________

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
mom2taylorandemily is offline  
Old 03-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #681
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,776

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily View Post
Can anyone answer for me, where are the Bus Stops located at each park for CSR? We have stayed at CBR and found that their bus stops seem to be the furthest away from all the rest. I didn't really understand how the stops are laid out, but just curious about CBRs. Thanks in advance.
Here are the Bus Stops at CSR:

BUSES
Theme park bus stops go in this order:
The bus stops are:
Bus Stop 2: Casitas
Bus Stop 3: Ranchos
Bus Stop 4: Ranchos and Cabanas
Bus Stop 1: El Centro

DtD and Exit buses
The bus stops are:
Bus Stop 1: El Centro
Bus Stop 2: Casitas
Bus Stop 3: Ranchos
Bus Stop 4: Ranchos and Cabanas

They go in this order to assist guests in getting to the main building and back to their village.


Here is the estimated amount of time to get to each of the parks once leaving the CSR:

Hollywood Studios - Bus Stop 6 (1st stop) - 6 min ride once leaving resort
AK - Bus Stop 8 (middle) - 6 min ride once leaving resort
MK - Bus Stop 10 (1st) - 10 min ride once leaving resort
Epcot - Bus Stop 7 (2nd) - 7 min ride once leaving resort
BB - Bus Stop 6 (middle) - 3 min ride once leaving resort
KatMark is offline  
Old 03-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #682
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!
 
mom2taylorandemily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 6,951

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Here are the Bus Stops at CSR:

BUSES
Theme park bus stops go in this order:
The bus stops are:
Bus Stop 2: Casitas
Bus Stop 3: Ranchos
Bus Stop 4: Ranchos and Cabanas
Bus Stop 1: El Centro

DtD and Exit buses
The bus stops are:
Bus Stop 1: El Centro
Bus Stop 2: Casitas
Bus Stop 3: Ranchos
Bus Stop 4: Ranchos and Cabanas

They go in this order to assist guests in getting to the main building and back to their village.


Here is the estimated amount of time to get to each of the parks once leaving the CSR:

Hollywood Studios - Bus Stop 6 (1st stop) - 6 min ride once leaving resort
AK - Bus Stop 8 (middle) - 6 min ride once leaving resort
MK - Bus Stop 10 (1st) - 10 min ride once leaving resort
Epcot - Bus Stop 7 (2nd) - 7 min ride once leaving resort
BB - Bus Stop 6 (middle) - 3 min ride once leaving resort
Thanks KatMark, your posts have been a wealth of information and I really appreciate it!!!
__________________

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
mom2taylorandemily is offline  
Old 03-02-2009, 07:34 AM   #683
tinknme
I happened to be posting on the thread
I told dh it must have been something in the water over there
 
tinknme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 22,076

I know information has been posted about internet access before, but I am a little slow sometimes

Dh wants me to take my laptop, what is the difference between getting internet in your room or going to the common areas? Will I still need to buy a wireless card even though my laptop already has that? I take it that even in the common areas you still have to pay for it?

I hope this made some sense
__________________





tinknme is offline  
Old 03-02-2009, 07:50 AM   #684
princessmom29
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: AL
Posts: 8,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinknme View Post
I know information has been posted about internet access before, but I am a little slow sometimes

Dh wants me to take my laptop, what is the difference between getting internet in your room or going to the common areas? Will I still need to buy a wireless card even though my laptop already has that? I take it that even in the common areas you still have to pay for it?

I hope this made some sense
I know that if you have wireless capabilities on yuor computer you don't need a seperate wireless card, but I am not sure wether they charge for the common areas.
princessmom29 is offline  
Old 03-02-2009, 11:08 AM   #685
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!
 
TinkerBelle_325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario CANADA
Posts: 3,862

The Internet Access in the rooms at CSR is High Speed via a cable. It costs $9.99 for 24 continuous hours. So If you buy the access at 11pm on Day 1 of your vacation, you will have access until 11pm of Day 2 etc...

The Internet Access in the Convention Centre, the Dig Site Pool, El Centro Lobby and I *believe* the Pepper Market/Rix is Wi-Fi and the cost is the same $9.99 for 24 continuous hours.

I've always used the High Speed Internet in the rooms. Typically I'm in my room from 2pm till 3pm and from 10pm till 12am so I try to charge the internet accordingly. Usually I'll buy it very late my first night and continue from there.
__________________
Past Trips to the World....CSR (18) CBR (8) POLY (5) WL (4) BC (3) YC (2) AKL (1) BWI (1) POR (1) Offsite (4)
Upcoming...October/November 2014 - AKL
Blog: WDW Destination Blog Twitter:@thedisneyfoodie Instagram: WDWDestination
CURRENT DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! May 2014~
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: It's the most wonderful time...FOOD & WINE! Oct/Nov 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline  
Old 03-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #686
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran
 
eeyoresnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NW Florida
Posts: 10,013

thanks for posting bus times...that info that is good to know
__________________
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline  
Old 03-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #687
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,776

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresnr View Post
thanks for posting bus times...that info that is good to know
I never knew the times as we always rent a car. But I know a lot of people don't and that the information would probably be helpful for those who wanted to have an idea of what time to leave in the morning, etc.
KatMark is offline  
Old 03-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #688
jaycns
I am green with envy. Vanilla Ice is MY closet obsession!
I've got PUNKY POWER!
ppppfartttt - it was the SHOES! I swear!
It's wonderful to see the dropper of the poo
 
jaycns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Where in the world am I?!
Posts: 6,937

Is there any area at the CSR from which any of the WDW fireworks are visable? If so, where? Thanks in advance!
__________________
Goofy's Great Birthday Bash!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2308007
Stitch's Great Escape...A Mom and Me Birthday Celebration!http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post31035609
17 Days of Wishes Come to Life- A Sept. 08 WDW and DCL Adventure http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1976201
jaycns is offline  
Old 03-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #689
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!
 
TinkerBelle_325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario CANADA
Posts: 3,862

The very top of Illuminations and a few of the big fireworks from Wishes are viewble from the 4th floor of Casitas 1, near the convention center entrance.
__________________
Past Trips to the World....CSR (18) CBR (8) POLY (5) WL (4) BC (3) YC (2) AKL (1) BWI (1) POR (1) Offsite (4)
Upcoming...October/November 2014 - AKL
Blog: WDW Destination Blog Twitter:@thedisneyfoodie Instagram: WDWDestination
CURRENT DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! May 2014~
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: It's the most wonderful time...FOOD & WINE! Oct/Nov 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline  
Old 03-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #690
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,776

We also saw some of them from the top floor of Casitas 5.
KatMark is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: