Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 03:58 PM   #3676
Talock
Getting there is half the fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
There are five buildings in the Casitas. Casitas 1 is next to the main building, followed by Casitas 2 and 3. There is a walk way and the quiet pool by Casitas 4 and then Casitas 5. The courtyards are different with different fountains.
Found the map!...I see Casitas 4 is close to a bus stop and a pool. Definitely requesting that.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:40 PM   #3677
ksc37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1980 View Post
I have my first official question. Does anyone have a picture of the pack and plays that CSR offers? Has anyone ever used one here? Wasn't sure if they were in decent shape (aka clean) or if I should try to take one on the plane!
I haven't used the Pack & Plays at CSR, but we have at the AKL, POR and the Poly. We have also found them to be in good shape & clean (sorry no pictures), but we did take our own sheets & blanket, not only for cleanliness reasons, but also to make our sons feel more "at home".

2014-CSR, 2013-POR, 2012 - POR, 2011-WL/Dream/BW, 2010- Beach Club, 2009-CSR, 2008-AKL Concierge, 2007-CR 14th Floor/Wonder, 2006-CBR, 2006-AKL, 2005-ASMovies & GF Sugar Loaf, 2005-WL, 2004-Poly, 2004-AKL, 2002-POR, 2000-BC, 1999-ASMovies, 1998-PO, 1997-CBR, 1996-WL, 1993-Dixie Landings, 1986-offsite, 1985-CR 14th Floor, 1984-offsite, 1980-offsite, 1976-offsite
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #3678
Yzma and Kronk
I survived the Pie-fest
I broke my spleen and yaked up a lung.....and I was driving!
Not done the "other" thing yet...

Thanks to everyone to contributed to this thread. Excellent information! (I think I've read the whole thing!)

We are deluxe people and have decided to stay at CSR for the first time this August, mostly because of the new renovated rooms. It looks great and I'm really excited to stay.

After thinking about where we want to be, best area, etc., am I crazy just to ask for a renovated room when we check in? DH is very picky and therefore we must have a renovated room - but by the time we get there (end of August) most should have been done, correct?

Does it matter that much where you are? Our kids are older 11 and 14 and we will have a car to take to the parks. I have booked a standard view, and all we want is somewhere quiet (no road or pool noise)

There is also a convention on property when we are there - this makes no difference to us - but probably best to avoid the conventioneer's area?

Should I request anything specific, or just take what we get?

Also, the Pepper Market looks interesting. Much like the Marche restaurants that have here. We will be on "free" dining so we'll have to try it out.

Thanks everyone!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #3679
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzma and Kronk View Post
Thanks to everyone to contributed to this thread. Excellent information! (I think I've read the whole thing!)

We are deluxe people and have decided to stay at CSR for the first time this August, mostly because of the new renovated rooms. It looks great and I'm really excited to stay.

After thinking about where we want to be, best area, etc., am I crazy just to ask for a renovated room when we check in? DH is very picky and therefore we must have a renovated room - but by the time we get there (end of August) most should have been done, correct?

Does it matter that much where you are? Our kids are older 11 and 14 and we will have a car to take to the parks. I have booked a standard view, and all we want is somewhere quiet (no road or pool noise)

There is also a convention on property when we are there - this makes no difference to us - but probably best to avoid the conventioneer's area?

Should I request anything specific, or just take what we get?

Also, the Pepper Market looks interesting. Much like the Marche restaurants that have here. We will be on "free" dining so we'll have to try it out.

Thanks everyone!
I would request the Cabanas. All the rooms are refurbed, and it's a convenient location to both the main building and the pool. We have stayed in the Cabanas twice and the Ranchos once. We like the Cabanas better.

Hope you have a great trip!

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:20 PM   #3680
CallTheDoctor76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzma and Kronk View Post
I agree Yzma and Kronk, thanks to everyone for all the info...

I was originally booked in the Poly (my dream resort for years and years) but due to my partner travelling with me being laid off recently, I decided to switch to a moderate for piece of mind. After seeing all the posts and pics of CSR on these boards, I have to say, I'm pretty excited about staying there!

My question about room selection would be: when I switched my resort over the phone from Poly to CSR, the CM told me that no king rooms were available, and that they would put in a note on my reservation that I was requesting one.

Now I notice that when I pull up my package reservation on wdw.com, it says, "limited view" next to room type, and a note: "guest requests Cabanas." Does "limited view" refer to parking lot view?

Also, I'm wondering why, if I can go on the wdw site today (and the day after I switched the reservation via phone) and pull up an available water or king room, the CM is telling me that none are available and that my reservation notes that I'm down for a limited view room?

Thanks again to everyone for all the CSR info in this thread!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:47 PM   #3681
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallTheDoctor76 View Post
I agree Yzma and Kronk, thanks to everyone for all the info...

I was originally booked in the Poly (my dream resort for years and years) but due to my partner travelling with me being laid off recently, I decided to switch to a moderate for piece of mind. After seeing all the posts and pics of CSR on these boards, I have to say, I'm pretty excited about staying there!

My question about room selection would be: when I switched my resort over the phone from Poly to CSR, the CM told me that no king rooms were available, and that they would put in a note on my reservation that I was requesting one.

Now I notice that when I pull up my package reservation on wdw.com, it says, "limited view" next to room type, and a note: "guest requests Cabanas." Does "limited view" refer to parking lot view?

Also, I'm wondering why, if I can go on the wdw site today (and the day after I switched the reservation via phone) and pull up an available water or king room, the CM is telling me that none are available and that my reservation notes that I'm down for a limited view room?

Thanks again to everyone for all the CSR info in this thread!
"Limited view" is the category for everything other than "water view." You could be facing the parking lot or a courtyard. You can't specify both King and water-view -- the room rates are the same for both categories.

King-bed rooms are only a bookable category at the Moderate resorts. If you booked with a promotion (buy 4/get 3 or free dining or AAA discount, etc), then it's entirely possible that no other King rooms are allocated to that promotion for the time when you'll be there. You can certainly keep checking, as availability changes daily. My husband and I stayed at POFQ for our anniversary last year with the Florida resident rate and I wanted the King bed room. I initially booked CSR because it was the only one available with the King at the Florida resident rate, but kept checking online every day or two and eventually, one opened up at POFQ, and I switched. [Note: I only wanted POFQ for our anniversary trip because we hadn't been there with our children and I wanted to stay somewhere where I wouldn't be thinking about them while we were gone! We CSR! ]

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #3682
CallTheDoctor76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
"Limited view" is the category for everything other than "water view." You could be facing the parking lot or a courtyard. You can't specify both King and water-view -- the room rates are the same for both categories.
Thank you for the info!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:29 PM   #3683
mullysisters
Mouseketeer

We stayed at CSR in 2008. We selected Ranchos (7b) because it was so far away from the Convention Centre and crowds (thank you to this thread on the boards!) We were on the 3rd floor over looking the quiet pool. It is the best Disney Resort we have ever stayed at! The Ranchos are near to the main pool (1 min walk ) and there is a beautiful, mostly empty, quiet pool. The walk to the main building is so enjoyable. The bus stop, #4, was directly behind our building. The setting was so unlike anything else at Disney. I enjoyed the Pepper Market very much, my sister enjoyed the Mayan Grill a little more.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:38 PM   #3684
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

Thumbs up You can't go wrong!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britgirlus View Post
See, this proves my point - several of you have said how much you like CSR better than CBR - so now I want to stay at CSR. Then I'll go and look at the CBR thread, and they'll change my mind. Good job I've got a few months to decide !! What I like, so far, from what I have heard about CSR, is that it is more peaceful than CBR ? I think we'd like that - we're an "older" couple with a young son, so really want the best of both worlds. What is everyone's thoughts on the food at CSR ? I've heard the Pepper Market can be confusing ? We'd be on the QSDP, so price wouldn't be a problem, but how different is it from other places ? Thanks !
There are fans of each resort b/c they are BOTH great resorts!! Go w/ the theme you think you'll enjoy most! We've stayed at both & our next trip will be at CSR but CBR is fun too!

What I found as a CSR Plus:
Gorgeous rooms at a mod price
Superior pool complex

By staying in the Cabanas area you get the best of "beachy" theming too.

Either way, have a wonderful trip!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:43 PM   #3685
DearDaisyinDurham

Cool Have FUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYMAN View Post
We've stayed at CBR 1 time and CSR 37 times so I'm sure you can guess which is our favorite resort! Anyway, we'll be back this weekend for a few days, I have a BOD meeting there.....is there anything I can get anyone???
Strawberry margarita please!! Frozen!! And an hour or two on MY hammock!
Old 07-15-2009, 06:17 PM   #3686
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDaisyinDurham View Post
Strawberry margarita please!! Frozen!! And an hour or two on MY hammock!
Those might be fighting words about "MY" hammock!
Old 07-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #3687
DearDaisyinDurham

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Those might be fighting words about "MY" hammock!
No, no...I'm quite sure YOUr HAMMOCK is by the Casitas.... MY hammock is by the Cabanas, last one before the Dig Site
Old 07-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #3688
DearDaisyinDurham

Cool

~ MY hammock ~

Wait! Those people are getting too close to MY HAMMOCK!! Ack!!

Guard duck, looking out over MY HAMMOCK
Old 07-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #3689
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDaisyinDurham View Post
~ MY hammock ~

Wait! Those people are getting too close to MY HAMMOCK!! Ack!!

Guard duck, looking out over MY HAMMOCK
You are too funny!
And you are welcome to TRY the one by Casitas 5 anytime you want...unless I'm in it.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #3690
DearDaisyinDurham

I promise we'll take pictures for the new thread you're going to start!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: