Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 08:57 AM   #3601
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Same here! If it hadn't been for this thread and all of KatMark's praises about CSR, I probably would have never given CSR another chance. Now I have two reservations at CSR for this year (Sept/Oct and Dec) and can't wait. Thanks KatMark for all the time you put in on this thread. I think we all really appreciate you sharing your knowledge and advice. You're fantastic!
Aubriee, coming from you makes that very special. Now, I will probably sit in fear that you won't like CSR yet again. Or that "Glen" will decide to haunt you. Seriously, I'm glad you are giving it another go and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:54 AM   #3602
DoomBuggie
Mouseketeer

Just got back on the 5th and I LOVED CSR!!! We requested by fax a renovated room and we got one in the Cabanas area. I must say that of all the moderate resorts Coronado Springs is now my favorite. The atmosphere, the main pool and the rooms are great. In fact, I liked it so much that I'm going through a post-disney vacation depression
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #3603
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggie View Post
Just got back on the 5th and I LOVED CSR!!! We requested by fax a renovated room and we got one in the Cabanas area. I must say that of all the moderate resorts Coronado Springs is now my favorite. The atmosphere, the main pool and the rooms are great. In fact, I liked it so much that I'm going through a post-disney vacation depression
So glad you enjoyed your stay at CSR and got a rehabbed room. Did you take any pictures to post?
Old 07-10-2009, 10:26 AM   #3604
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
back! So glad you had a great stay. Have any pics to share?

Old 07-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #3605
DoomBuggie
Mouseketeer

Excuse my ignorance but how can I post pics of my visit to CSR through this thread?

Thanks
Old 07-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #3606
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Excuse my ignorance but how can I post pics of my visit to CSR through this thread?

Thanks
Download your photos to photobucket (it is free!). Then once you do that, hover over your picture, click "copy" for the image link and then paste it here.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #3607
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Another thing I forgot to post the other day! I know I will be at CSR in between two conventions. I arrive on the 18th of July and then depart the 21st of July. I'm wondering if any of those conventions will affect our stay? Seeing people dressed in work attire won't bother me... but the crowds and noise will!!! Any information would be great.

Also, here is what I plan to fax to CSR regarding my room requests. Let me know if it's any good:

"A quick Hello from Canada! Our Disney celebration is quickly approaching and I thought I would try my luck to see if it would be possible to accommodate our room requests for our upcoming stay from July 18th-21st, 2009. We would really appreciate if we could have a renovated waterview room in Casistas 5. Seeing how we will be celebrating my sister's birthday, we would love to have a corner room too! Thank you in advance for making our stay as magical as possible."

(Looked at AllEars example as a reference)

What do we think? I know you are supposed to include name of resort, date you send fax, your name, reservation number, phone number, etc. but my main concern is the blurb right now. TIA
Old 07-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #3608
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
Another thing I forgot to post the other day! I know I will be at CSR in between two conventions. I arrive on the 18th of July and then depart the 21st of July. I'm wondering if any of those conventions will affect our stay? Seeing people dressed in work attire won't bother me... but the crowds and noise will!!! Any information would be great.

Also, here is what I plan to fax to CSR regarding my room requests. Let me know if it's any good:

"A quick Hello from Canada! Our Disney celebration is quickly approaching and I thought I would try my luck to see if it would be possible to accommodate our room requests for our upcoming stay from July 18th-21st, 2009. We would really appreciate if we could have a renovated waterview room in Casistas 5. Seeing how we will be celebrating my sister's birthday, we would love to have a corner room too! Thank you in advance for making our stay as magical as possible."

(Looked at AllEars example as a reference)

What do we think? I know you are supposed to include name of resort, date you send fax, your name, reservation number, phone number, etc. but my main concern is the blurb right now. TIA
Everytime we have stayed at the CSR there has been a convention (if not two on some occasions). We have NEVER been affected by noise or crowds at the CSR. Now, the Pepper Market might be crowded if you go right at peek lunch time, but we usually eat at the parks or have lunch at 2:00 or so on our way to the pool.

Per JamesLynn who posts here and is a CM, the less requests, the better. Limit it to two requests. We normally indicate that we are arriving on such and such a date and would really appreciate a room in the Casitas section.

If you've paid for a "waterview" I would eliminate that wording in your request.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #3609
DoomBuggie
Mouseketeer

Well here they are, a couple of pics from our fabulous trip.

Renovated room in the Cabanas section

MY VIP hammock

Old 07-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #3610
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I am not getting pictures.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:25 PM   #3611
DoomBuggie
Mouseketeer

Trying to work out what I'm doing wrong sorry about that.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #3612
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Aubriee, coming from you makes that very special. Now, I will probably sit in fear that you won't like CSR yet again. Or that "Glen" will decide to haunt you. Seriously, I'm glad you are giving it another go and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Hey, I'm really not that hard to please. As long as I don't get accosted again by a drunk conventioneer, ran over again by a CM in one of those carts, or get stuck out in the Ranchos, I'll be fine. I wouldn't have booked two trips at CSR for this year if I was too concerned. I love the moderates, but am getting tired of the PO resorts and don't care for CBR. I've always said that CSR was beautiful (except the Ranchos, that is), I just had a couple of problems my last trip there. Reading this thread and seeing everyone's trip reports and pictures is getting me really excited. As long as Glen and his siblings don't decide to share my room, we'll get along fine.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #3613
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Trying to work out what I'm doing wrong sorry about that.
After you upload the photos to photobucket, copy the img option (it is the last one under your pic), add it to your post and ta da!

Old 07-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #3614
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Can't wait for picture we love CSR but are trying CBR this time. We could still change are minds.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 07-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #3615
Maybelle
I rode my inch worm down the street

We will be at Csr for the first time in 5 weeks!!!Can't wait! Here is my question for the day:

I have requested (crossing my fingers and toes) Cabanas 8B or 8A as we will be at the pool every day and also want easy bus access. I have paid extra for a water vies, so I am not too worried about getting in the back of 8B close to the parking lot, but...views are important to us, especially when we will be there for 9 nights, and if I am paying extra for a water view, I would like to have a nice lake view (again crossing my fingers and toes), so...

For all you CSR officiaonadoes...IF I am luck enough to get my Cabanas request, are there and rooms that are really bad (besides the back of 8B by the parking lot, I know that already)? I'd really like to see some pics of room views from the Cabanas rooms. If you have room numbers to go along with them, even better!!

Thanks!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: