Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 12:01 PM   #3571
Little Lulu
OK, I admit it~DVC is starting to look very attractive to me~!

Location: Somewhere between the Lemonade Stand and the Lounge.

I remember seeing the PnP request when I was doing my online checkin in May!
Mine is all grown up, at least he thinks he is, he will still always be my baby!

And in college! That's why we really need to stay in moderates now! LOL!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #3572
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Lulu View Post

And in college! That's why we really need to stay in moderates now! LOL!
Ain't that the truth! And I have TWO of them in college! And, therefore not only a moderate for us (although I love CSR so that is no hardship on our part), but we had to cancel our trip this year because of increasing tuition costs!
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #3573
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Conventions- buffets and other questions - if you are one of the conventioners - call your organizations rep and get more info about your convention at CSR.

I know during convention breaks - from this thread and others - the CS area's can get busy. At night, depending on the convention, the Bar area where drinks are available could also get busy.

On the positive side - when conventions take over the Casita area - the buses are not very crowded during the day - the conventioners are in meetings (why they are there ).

From ******** website...
In 2009
Jul 3 - 4, 2009 US Open Karate Championship
Jul 7 - 12, Friends for Life Annual Conference
Jul 16 - 18, TOPS IRD
Jul 21-23, D.A.R.E. International Training Conference
Jul 21-23, NACS Leadership Advancement Program at the Disney Institute

Aug 24 - 29, Florida Recreation & Park Association

Sept 30 - Oct 4, Society of American Foresters National Convention

Oct 1 - 4, Lamaze International Conference
Oct 20-24, World Waterpark Association 29th Annual Symposium & Trade Show
Oct 31 - Nov 2, 2009, HACU 23rd Annual Conference

Nov 30 - Dec 3, 28th Annual Disney World Anesthesia Meeting

Dec 5 - 12, Pop Warner Football

In 2010
Jan 1-5, ECAC College Basketball Holiday Festival
Jan 12-16, 2010, STMA Conference

Feb 2-7, USPS National Meeting
Feb 7-10, ISEE's 36th Annual Conference
Feb 15-18, NATE 2010

Mar 22-25, VoiceCon Orlando 2010
Mar 26 - 28, AOAO Annual Meeting

May 20-22, FL Elks State Convention

Sept 24-27, ASBO 96th Annual Meeting

Dec 10-12, National Scholastic K-12 Chess Championship

In 2011
Jan 27-29, MACS Convention and Trade Show
Feb 21–24, IECA Annual Meeting

In 2012
Feb 5–9, APEC

In 2013
Dec 13-15, National Scholastic K-12 Chess Championship

Sept 19-22, ASBO 100th Annual Meeting

This list of conventions represents conventions found on Google or have been submitted to me by others. It's not a complete list of all CSR conventions.
**************************************content/list.htm
Old 07-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #3574
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaNY View Post

Also surprising was that we got the new WDW mugs !! No more Pepper Market Mugs ! Yay ! We got our new mugs. They are not suppose to refill Pepper Market mugs any longer although I saw it being done frequently ! The Pepper Market menu has also changed since November which was another surprise for my Alfredo loving girls! No more alfredo! Also, probably not news, only "Tier 1" items are considered snacks. That's the muffins, rolls and assorted blah things ! No cinnamon rolls, etc. They are still avail. at Main Street bakery and are far better anyways!
I was so hoping they'd change it!!! I really wanted one of the new ones. I liked them better (sorry for anyone who liked the resort specific ones, but I like my MICKEY!) Oh man, I hope this sticks, this makes my day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaniesMom View Post
Looking forward to hearing about everyone's trips....
9 days, wow! I'm still on a countdown for just my 90 day ADR day

By the way, I just read the "Has Disney lost it's magic" thread and DO NOT recommend it for anyone with upcoming trips. It has put me into a serious funk...at one point I was even re-considering my decision to travel to the World.

Hope everyone has a wonderful time, I'd love to hear some happy stories!
I refuse to read threads like that. IMO, the magic is alive in everyone. So if Disney's lost it's magic, it's dead inside you. If you want to believe, you can believe. To me, all it takes is seeing the train station and the castle. Hearing the music as you walk into Epcot to feel the magic. If one snarky CM who's having a bad day and probably just needs a smile takes that away, well then...that's your problem. Go away and leave Disney all to me (I mean c'mon...I've been in the past year in August, October, a day in December, twice in February, and I have 2 trips planned before the year's up...I think I'm a reliable source that Disney has in fact NOT lost it's magic! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Ain't that the truth! And I have TWO of them in college! And, therefore not only a moderate for us (although I love CSR so that is no hardship on our part), but we had to cancel our trip this year because of increasing tuition costs!
My parents have only my brother left in college. They have big plans for when he graduates!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #3575
Little Lulu
OK, I admit it~DVC is starting to look very attractive to me~!

Location: Somewhere between the Lemonade Stand and the Lounge.

Quote:
OMG! Holy mole!!!!!! Dang, girl! No wonder!
And DOUBLE that TUITION!!!!! ACK!!!!!!

You know, I am so grateful we've got it paid off.
But......things could change, and you know what I mean,KatMark.
A kindred spirit who knows what I've gone though and am going though.
Only on the DIS........
Old 07-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #3576
ms.yt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post
Conventions- buffets and other questions - if you are one of the conventioners - call your organizations rep and get more info about your convention at CSR.

I know during convention breaks - from this thread and others - the CS area's can get busy. At night, depending on the convention, the Bar area where drinks are available could also get busy.

On the positive side - when conventions take over the Casita area - the buses are not very crowded during the day - the conventioners are in meetings (why they are there ).

From ******** website...
In 2009
Jul 16 - 18, TOPS IRD

In 2010

Feb 15-18, NATE 2010

In 2011

In 2012
Feb 5–9, APEC

In 2013

This list of conventions represents conventions found on Google or have been submitted to me by others. It's not a complete list of all CSR conventions.
You can add Jostens Adviser University to the list - July 11-14

I was just curious about the food situation, but I'll just wait til we get there to find out. I don't imagine any of the Jostens people will want to take time out of their day two days before things get started to answer my question about food!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #3577
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

I don't think of the Magic thread as complaints...at least that is not how it began...it began for those of us who miss the old days of WDW. My post was not a complaint - more of walk down memory lane..that's how posts were at first, but have not read the thread lately, so pehaps it's becone a complaint thread.

Aw, I'm sorry the mugs are no long CSR specific - I miss all the resort specific mugs. We would purchase just one to save as a memory of that resort and trip.

Oh, well...we'll just have to purchase one of the new ones too!

Old 07-09-2009, 12:28 PM   #3578
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post

From ******** website...
In 2009
Jul 16 - 18, TOPS IRD

In 2010

Feb 15-18, NATE 2010

In 2011

In 2012
Feb 5–9, APEC

In 2013

Next time, it might be easier for you to just post this link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....vention+update

I understand from several people that Buzz's website has not been updated in awhile. I do note his convention list is the same as the one I have here, but other parts of his site I'm told have not been updated.

Also, to the person who asked about conventions and food. I've never been to a "convention" so not sure if they always cater or if everyone goes to Pepper Market. I know some people have indicated that Pepper Market can be really crowded right at the noon time if a convention is on lunch break so some of them obviously use the Pepper Market. We've never had an issue with crowds, but then we don't eat right at lunch time.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #3579
TheresaNY
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=KatMark;32632034

According to Theresa, they are now using the WDW mugs. I am trying to find out from JamesLynn and will confirm.[/QUOTE]

I have 4 RED WDW mugs from Pepper Market. Was told NO MORE PEPPER MARKET MUGS ! Was quite surprised as well. Our server David from Queens,NY (GREAT GUY!!) said they just changed over to new mugs ! There were major conventions going on while we were there but little to no impact on us in the resort EXCEPT parking was a nightmare (because we were in Casitas 3 right by Casitas 2 bldg. so they used our parking lot too. Again...so what !! We were at WDW!!!

Quite the storms here at Cocoa Beach yesterday. Very cloudy but warm today. More storms expected.......who cares...it beats Long Island and their 62 degrees!! We'd rather be here !
Peabody 1987**Hyatt Grand Cypress 1990**Radisson 1991**ASMu 1996**CSR & POP 2004**MOWC, WL, & POR 2005*** ASMusic 12/05**** Clearwater Beach,JW Marriott Grande Lakes, Hyatt Grand Cypress & RPR 7/06***Sheraton Sand Key, Fairfield Marriott Village, Grand Cypress Villas & Dolphin June & July 2007***Pop Nov/Dec 2007***Peabody Club Level, Yacht Club,AKL Club Level & Dolphin June/July 2008***CSR & AKL Nov/Dec 2008*** Hyatt Grand Cypress, Buena Vista Palace,CSR, Four Points Sheraton Cocoa Beach June/July 2009***Yacht Club / Wilderness Lodge July 2010***
Old 07-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #3580
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quite the storms here at Cocoa Beach yesterday. Very cloudy but warm today. More storms expected.......who cares...it beats Long Island and their 62 degrees!! We'd rather be here !
You are a doll to report in. PLEASE be safe in the storms. We await your return to yucky weather like the rest of us (okay...it's July and I'm wearing a sweatshirt last night in Chicago!) for a full report.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #3581
TheresaNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are a doll to report in. PLEASE be safe in the storms. We await your return to yucky weather like the rest of us (okay...it's July and I'm wearing a sweatshirt last night in Chicago!) for a full report.
I was going to PM you, but am sure that many others would like to add to my message to you.....

I just want to thank you for always reponding to my posts. Some other threads I post and it just goes by unanswered (I am sure through no ill will). You have always reponded and I SO appreciate it ! Also, you are always so positive and I really like that about your posts ! You always take the time to acknowledge everyone and that makes this a great thread ! THANK YOU !!
Peabody 1987**Hyatt Grand Cypress 1990**Radisson 1991**ASMu 1996**CSR & POP 2004**MOWC, WL, & POR 2005*** ASMusic 12/05**** Clearwater Beach,JW Marriott Grande Lakes, Hyatt Grand Cypress & RPR 7/06***Sheraton Sand Key, Fairfield Marriott Village, Grand Cypress Villas & Dolphin June & July 2007***Pop Nov/Dec 2007***Peabody Club Level, Yacht Club,AKL Club Level & Dolphin June/July 2008***CSR & AKL Nov/Dec 2008*** Hyatt Grand Cypress, Buena Vista Palace,CSR, Four Points Sheraton Cocoa Beach June/July 2009***Yacht Club / Wilderness Lodge July 2010***
Old 07-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #3582
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Next time, it might be easier for you to just post this link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....vention+update

I understand from several people that Buzz's website has not been updated in awhile. I do note his convention list is the same as the one I have here, but other parts of his site I'm told have not been updated.

Also, to the person who asked about conventions and food. I've never been to a "convention" so not sure if they always cater or if everyone goes to Pepper Market. I know some people have indicated that Pepper Market can be really crowded right at the noon time if a convention is on lunch break so some of them obviously use the Pepper Market. We've never had an issue with crowds, but then we don't eat right at lunch time.
He popped up on another forum, so he's still around. I know the "news" section has been updated with what sections have gone down and the new Rix Lounge hours. Maybe just the convention list isn't updated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
I don't think of the Magic thread as complaints...at least that is not how it began...it began for those of us who miss the old days of WDW. My post was not a complaint - more of walk down memory lane..that's how posts were at first, but have not read the thread lately, so pehaps it's becone a complaint thread.

Aw, I'm sorry the mugs are no long CSR specific - I miss all the resort specific mugs. We would purchase just one to save as a memory of that resort and trip.

Oh, well...we'll just have to purchase one of the new ones too!
Sorry, I didn't actually read the magic thread. I just assumed it was complaints and would make me woe.

I want a mug for my car The old mugs don't really fit well, so I'd like one that does! Plus I love the design. I didn't really like the Year of a Million Dreams design though, so to be honest, last year I wouldn't have really cared. My parents have a Wilderness Lodge mug from 10+ years ago still in their cupboard!!
Old 07-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #3583
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was going to PM you, but am sure that many others would like to add to my message to you.....

I just want to thank you for always reponding to my posts. Some other threads I post and it just goes by unanswered (I am sure through no ill will). You have always reponded and I SO appreciate it ! Also, you are always so positive and I really like that about your posts ! You always take the time to acknowledge everyone and that makes this a great thread ! THANK YOU !!
Theresa, thank you so much for the kind words. After the week I've had, you brought tears to my eyes with your kindess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
He popped up on another forum, so he's still around. I know the "news" section has been updated with what sections have gone down and the new Rix Lounge hours. Maybe just the convention list isn't updated?
Yes, I know. Once I post the info here (or JamesLynn does), I noticed that Buzz then posts it on several other forums where he is a member.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #3584
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:

Thank you for the link, KatMark.

I recently visited Buzz's site recently and noticed the same - seemed the updates here are more current.

Thanks so much KatMark and JamesLynn!!

Old 07-09-2009, 02:40 PM   #3585
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Yes, I know. Once I post the info here (or JamesLynn does), I noticed that Buzz then posts it on several other forums where he is a member.
Kathy,
Are you saying that you are now officially the new Buzz?

Keep up the great work!!! You are very knowledgeable and have a passion for CSR. I can't even try to answer a question as fast as you... you always have it covered! (I've tried in the past but my DIS time has been cut very short!)

Hopefully, some day in the near future, we will be back at CSR again!

Tim

P.S. I am very jealous of all the recent posters on this thread that are going to CSR. I want to be there too!!!!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: