Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 09:29 AM   #301
mommyrants
Mouseketeer

Buzz, I need some advice. We just changed to CSR from POR because the pool would be closed. We'll be there 2/11 - 2/18 with a 5yo and an 18 mo. We'll only do 5 - 5 days in the parks. And we'll use the food court. What room should we request? (We'll also have a massive stroller)

I'm very worried about this change - any and all advice is welcome.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #302
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Is there an age restriction at the fitness center? Most hotel gyms don't allow children 16 or under. My kids would love if they could go there. They would be supervised by us though for that.

If it gets a buffet, will there no longer be CS? I am thinking on the quick service dining plan, so it will be important that our hotel has CS.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2009, 03:52 PM   #303
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Is there an age restriction at the fitness center? Most hotel gyms don't allow children 16 or under. My kids would love if they could go there. They would be supervised by us though for that.
Best to call them directly.

La Vida Massage Fitness Center
1000 West Buena Vista Dr.
Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Phone: 407.939.3030

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
If it gets a buffet, will there no longer be CS? I am thinking on the quick service dining plan, so it will be important that our hotel has CS.
This is just a rumor at this time.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:15 PM   #304
J&L Love Disney
Mouseketeer

CSR Room Request....Suggestions

Hi!

We're so excited. We head off to WDW and CSR this Friday!!!

This is our first stay, so I could use some room request advice.

We've booked a Water View Room.
I'm pregnant so I'm going to ask for a 1st or 2nd floor room since there are no elevators.
I'm also going to ask for a room with queen beds for comfort.

Other than that, we don't care how far away we stay from El Centro because we'll just walk, use the internal shuttle or the bus to get around.

Since I'm pregnant, I'm not going to be going to the park all the time and will spend much more time at the resort then my DH and DS. I plan to read, relax and enjoy the water view.

Any suggestions for a great location? I know they can't guarantee it, but it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks, Lisa
Old 01-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #305
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&L Love Disney View Post
Hi!

We're so excited. We head off to WDW and CSR this Friday!!!

This is our first stay, so I could use some room request advice.

I'm pregnant so I'm going to ask for a 1st or 2nd floor room since there are no elevators.

Other than that, we don't care how far away we stay from El Centro because we'll just walk, use the internal shuttle or the bus to get around.

Since I'm pregnant, I'm not going to be going to the park all the time and will spend much more time at the resort then my DH and DS. I plan to read, relax and enjoy the water view.

Any suggestions for a great location? I know they can't guarantee it, but it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks, Lisa
Lisa, there are elevators at the CSR--I know they are in the Casitas; I'm not sure about other sections because we've not stayed in the other sections.
We love the Casitas 4 or 5 building. Very close to the quiet pool, near a bus stop, right by the fitness center/spa (perhaps while DH and DS are at the park, you can get a massage!!! ). It takes me about five minutes to walk to the main building (El Centro) for our coffee in the morning and about eight minutes to the main pool. If you get Casitas 5, there is a hammock right outside of it in front of the lake. I always lie here with my coffee while DH is getting ready in the morning.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #306
mickeybrat
Drives like a Cadilac, stings like a Beamer!

Hey All!!! We have a trip planned at CSR in June. I called today to upgrade to the Club Level. I believe that you now can make ressies for it. I didn't change mine because after some questions, the CM told me that "Beer and Wine were available for purchase." So as far as I know it is not like the CL's at the deluxe resorts. It does include snacks, bottled H2O, coffee, use of the lounge and computer services. You also get private front desk and concierge services.
It's really not for us. We think were going to like CSR the way it is, but just wanted to pass the info on. If anyone stays at the Club level soon, I would love to hear about it!

2002: Pop Century
2004: Disneyland
2005: Port Orleans Riverside
2006: Pop Century
2007: All Star Sports

Animal Kingdom Lodge 2008!!! CSR 2009!!
Old 01-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #307
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&L Love Disney View Post
Hi!

We head off to WDW and CSR this Friday!!! This is our first stay, so I could use some room request advice.

Thanks, Lisa
Check out this post.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...05&postcount=3
Old 01-18-2009, 05:37 PM   #308
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeybrat View Post
Hey All!!! We have a trip planned at CSR in June. I called today to upgrade to the Club Level. I believe that you now can make ressies for it. I didn't change mine because after some questions, the CM told me that "Beer and Wine were available for purchase." So as far as I know it is not like the CL's at the deluxe resorts. It does include snacks, bottled H2O, coffee, use of the lounge and computer services. You also get private front desk and concierge services.
It's really not for us. We think were going to like CSR the way it is, but just wanted to pass the info on. If anyone stays at the Club level soon, I would love to hear about it!
As of 1/2009, cabana 9b was converted to CLUB LEVEL rooms but it has been put on hold for leisure guests so you can request this section of the resort. The lounge will not be available.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:46 PM   #309
DavidandDenise
Mouseketeer

Pepper Market

This question may have been answered somewhere in one of the CSR threads, but I've yet to locate the info I'm looking for. We're considering using our CS credits for breakfast at Pepper Market, but are unsure as to what exactly the combo meals include and what exactly we can get. The menus on Allears appear to show some combo meals, but possibly not all? Can anyone shed some light on this for us? Surely someone has snapped pictures of the offering signs at each station? This is the DIS after all. Many thanks in advance!

Last edited by DavidandDenise; 01-18-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #310
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidandDenise View Post
This question may have been answered somewhere in one of the CSR threads, but I've yet to locate the info I'm looking for. We're considering using our CS credits for breakfast at Pepper Market, but are unsure as to what exactly the combo meals include and what exactly we can get. The menus on Allears appear to show some combo meals, but possibly not all? Can anyone shed some light on this for us? Surely someone has snapped pictures of the offering signs at each station? This is the DIS after all. Many thanks in advance!
Cafe Rix Menu

Lunch & Dinner

Full Menu

Pepper Market Menu

Breakfast

Lunch & Dinner

Maya Grill Menu

Breakfast

Dinner

Kids Menu

In Room Service Menu's

Breakfast

All Day Dining

Hospitality Menu 1

Hospitality Menu 2

Hospitally Menu - wine list
Old 01-18-2009, 07:13 PM   #311
mickeybrat
Drives like a Cadilac, stings like a Beamer!

Thanks Buzz!!! We are really excited about our upcoming stay at CSR!! I am really big on researching everything I can about any new resorts we stay at, so I wanted to thank you (and everybody else who has posted)!!! The info in this thread and the CSR Fans thread is awesome!

2002: Pop Century
2004: Disneyland
2006: Pop Century
2007: All Star Sports

Animal Kingdom Lodge 2008!!! CSR 2009!!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #312
Dazer22
Mouseketeer

Buzz, You mentioned that Cabana 8A is back online. Were they starting to rehab the rooms there before they stopped or was 8A next in line for the rehab.

I am curious as to whether 8A will be complete by April/May.

Thanks again.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:56 PM   #313
*Dreamin'Dad*
DISer since 2003

Well, I am sure this has been asked and answered many times, but I am through searching .

? - Can you fit a laptop in the safe - wide screen 14.1 inch?

Thanks
4/03-Swan & 4/05-Swan--7/07 WL--3/09-CSR
3/10-CBR--6/11-Saratoga & POR--12/12 BCV--7/14-BC
Old 01-19-2009, 04:01 PM   #314
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dreamin'Dad* View Post
Well, I am sure this has been asked and answered many times, but I am through searching .

? - Can you fit a laptop in the safe - wide screen 14.1 inch?

Thanks
I don't think so...maybe

Old 01-19-2009, 04:06 PM   #315
NTDreams
Mouseketeer

I left my laptop on our guest table the whole time. Nothing happened. You could also put it in your dresser. Housekeeping isn't going to steal it, they have steady jobs that they aren't about to risk.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: