Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 08:53 PM   #286
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Okay, I have been looking at this thread nearly all day today. I am torn between POFQ and here. It looks great here, but by the map, it looks way spread out. My kids for our next trip will be 13 and 16. They enjoyed going over to the arcade and foodcourt together on our last trip and getting refills on their drinks, grabbing a snack and playing games. Then we would go over and meet them or they would play in the arcade while we ate at the food court. Here everything looks SO spread out. I may be worried about them going off to do things like that.

A few other concerns....
Will they still be renovating in 2010? Will there be any chance of the pool being closed for renovations or has that been done recently? We are going on our first summer, hot weather trip, so we plan on being in the pool a lot. Also I have read somewhere that they close the pool for private convention swimming time. Anyone ever come across that and if so does it happen often.

How does the dining plan work there? I heard it some negative reports about it being too confusing. Anyone ever use the dining plan and no for sure about the 10%? Do you have to pay that with the plan or is it all covered? I know gratuities are no longer included on the TS, so I thought this would be extra as well. Do you also leave a tip at the CS? Seems if someone is seating you and such, you should leave a tip?

I think that is it for now. Hope I don't drive you too crazy with questions. I want to pick the perfect hotel for my daughters surprise trip. It will be her 4TH trip, but the first surprise trip. I want it to be perfect. I told my son, because he will be 16, and I wasn't sure if he thought he was too cool for Disney anymore , but he wants to go. So I guess he isn't.
This was our kids favorite resort out of all the ones we stayed at--and they were 11 and 13 on their last trip with us. The arcade is located next to the main pool. We would eat lunch at the Pepper Market and then they would walk over to the main pool and go play games while DH and I finished our coffee. I never had an issue with them walking by themselves. They knew not to go in the pool until we got there. We often found them playing volleyball with other kids when we arrived.

Can't answer about the pool--that is too far off to know. They just rehabbed the slide last year so who knows if the pool will need it or not.

They are currently rehabbing all the rooms. They all now have queen beds (except for the 100 rooms getting new king beds). They are putting in new furniture, carpet, drapes, flat screen televisions and sliding doors between the bathroom and the bedroom instead of the curtains like the other moderates have.

Our boys loved the fact that there is a fitness center. Both of our boys are/were very involved in athletics and used the fitness center every morning or afternoon before or after we returned from the parks. It also has a spa which I use for a massage every trip.

Every time we have used the dining plan, the 10% has been included. There have been conflicting reports on this. The best way to resolve this is to ask for your food to go and then the 10% is not applied. We usually eat inside once and the rest of the times take our food outside to sit by the lake and enjoy the beauty of the resort. It can be confusing to a newcomer, but it is very easy once you get the hang of it. By the time you go in 2010, it could be that it will no longer be set up the way it is. There is serious talk that they will be changing it to a buffett like Boma.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:41 PM   #287
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

The slide was done this year and the pool the year prior to that.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2009, 09:52 PM   #288
ITmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
another question about the internet hook-up in the guest rooms...

do you hook it up and then call down to the tech people or the front desk to have it turned on or is it automatically "on" when you plug in and they can see how long you use it and charge you as such?

When you plug in, you are directed to a Disney's internet access webpage. There are legends about how much it costs, the disclaimers, etc and there is a button to confirm ypu want to buy the access. You click on it, and that's it! Everytime you plug in you will be directed to the same page, but if you are still within the 24 hr window, the button for buying access is not shown. If I remember correctly, information about when your time will be up, is also shown.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:29 AM   #289
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

******** -- look at this post!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2062887

Sounds like guests are enjoying CSR lounge?

Upgraded at check-in?!!!

Old 01-18-2009, 06:34 AM   #290
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallpkb View Post
Does anyone know which rooms/locations have for sure been upgraded? We're going the first week in March, and I am trying to formulate a room request. We'd like a room close to a bus stop & close to Pepper Market. A pool close by isn't that important. Any suggestions? Thanks!
I think that cabana 8b is now done and 8a is back online as of a couple of days ago. CSR is having to wrap up some of the current work, since a huge convention comes in tomorrow. I donít think that they can afford to have any rooms down for the next 2 weeks.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:40 AM   #291
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
******** -- look at this post!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2062887

Sounds like guests are enjoying CSR lounge?

Upgraded at check-in?!!!
As I mentioned before, cabana 9b will be open to guests when not in use for a convention. Some guests will experience a WDW magical moment where a leisure guest makes it into the lounge but I don’t see it being a permanent thing. It just opened for a soft opening and I think CSR is using this opportunity to train the new CM's. I'll know more in 25 days!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:49 AM   #292
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyDreams View Post
I just realized that I have not added any room location requests to my reservation. I was thinking of just faxing a request a few days before we check in. Will anyone even look at this or should I just call the reservation line and hope someone will help me? The problem is that, in the past, I've called reservations for the sole purpose of adding requests, and those requests did not get added at all (hence the reason I prefer to fax).

ONLY 23 more days!!!! WOOHOO!!
You should do the fax. CSR does seem to read them. Again, there are no guarantees.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:50 AM   #293
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by opraghst View Post
If we were to go in May of this year, what are the chances of getting a renovated room? I really like the look of them so much better than the old.
50 / 50. Just make sure you put your request on your reservation.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:12 AM   #294
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

room update - cabana 8b is now done and 8a is back online as of a couple of days ago. CSR is having to wrap up some of the current work, since a huge convention comes in tomorrow. I donít think that they can afford to have any rooms down for the next 2 weeks.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:21 AM   #295
Selket
Yes I AM being whiney about not getting a postcard!
I will measure, nest, lift and squeeze

Buzz - we are there for a convention in July. How many rooms are in the building with the club level rooms? Are those rooms rented out at a higher rate for those with conventions (we paid a discounted convention rate)?

I'm just wondering how likely it will be for our convention guests to get housed in that building and would we have some idea that's where we'd be because we paid more? Does that make any sense? LOL!

In any case the updated rooms sound nice - I'm very much looking forward to having a moderate hotel at WDW with queen size beds.
Universal: HRH, 2010

Old 01-18-2009, 08:21 AM   #296
mollygirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******** View Post
room update - cabana 8b is now done and 8a is back online as of a couple of days ago. CSR is having to wrap up some of the current work, since a huge convention comes in tomorrow. I donít think that they can afford to have any rooms down for the next 2 weeks.
Buzz - what do you mean 8A is back "online"?
Old 01-18-2009, 08:23 AM   #297
suz2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******** View Post
I had read to request Cabana 8a. Does this mean construction is beibg done now on 8A? We go in about 27 days. Would Cabana 9a be a better choice?
OFF PROPERTY -1992 - Senior Trip
OFF PROPERTY -MAY 2005 - MY KIDS FIRST TRIP
POP - JUNE 2008 -DADDY'S RETIREMENT CELEBRATION
CORONADO SPRINGS-FEBRUARY 2009
PO RIVERSIDE - FEBRUARY 2010
POP - SEPTEMBER 2011
AOA - SEPTEMBER 2012 JDS #13 BDAY Celebration
CBR - SEPTEMBER 2013
Old 01-18-2009, 09:00 AM   #298
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selket View Post
Buzz - we are there for a convention in July. How many rooms are in the building with the club level rooms? Are those rooms rented out at a higher rate for those with conventions (we paid a discounted convention rate)?

I'm just wondering how likely it will be for our convention guests to get housed in that building and would we have some idea that's where we'd be because we paid more? Does that make any sense? LOL!

In any case the updated rooms sound nice - I'm very much looking forward to having a moderate hotel at WDW with queen size beds.
Yes, because the lounge would be open for them. Its something the folks that set up the convention would do for your group. If not groupd books the building, then yes, you could get housed in cabana 9b.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #299
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygirl View Post
Buzz - what do you mean 8A is back "online"?
Rehab work has been halted for the next couple of weeks because they need all the rooms.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #300
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suz2 View Post
I had read to request Cabana 8a. Does this mean construction is beibg done now on 8A? We go in about 27 days. Would Cabana 9a be a better choice?
You can ask for 8a as long as you don't mind a non rehabbed room.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: