Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 10:10 AM   #2971
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M & E love WDW View Post
Whew, it has taken me a week and a half but I read it page for page. I had posted a big thank you to Buzz on 05/27 but now realize he has gone away. So thank you to everyone who posts here. Special appreciation to Katmark and Jameslynn!!!

The posts are so informative. So much so, that my location request has changed numerous times (in my head). Still not sure where I will request. We will have our own vehicle but will still choose to use bus service most of the time. Dig site will not be much of a concern as we are rope drop to lights out kinda people. DH is 6'5" so we would rather not have double beds. Have a res for waterview but seriously thinking of dropping to standard. Not much of a $$ savings but could use it for some nice cocktails. And frankly, when we are in our room, we have the drapes drawn for privacy.

Now that I've finished this thread, onward to check out pictures and trip reports. I will be back daily to check on you all though.

Thank you, and welcome to our sometimes very nutty CSR family! But what the heck...laughter and fun keeps us young!

Glad to hear you are trying out CSR. Here is a link to my review from this past September: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ht=spectacular

And if you have any questions, ask away. There are enough of us Nuts" here to help you out.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #2972
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne1997 View Post
Yes, we are leaving later today....I came into the office to do some last minute paperwork.......I know I am dedicated!!
No, you are nuts! Go home...get ready for the trip. And have a margarita for me in my hammock!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #2973
CosmicGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Did you make your ressie through a Travel agent? The reason why I asked....I kept getting that same error so I called Disney, they told me that I had to call my TA and she had to send me a special link to get to online check in.
You can try this one: http://www.mydisneyreservation.com/guest
As I booked in the UK, it wasn't possible to retrieve the booking on the US site due to the lack of a phone number in the system amongst other things. However, guest services provided me with the US equivalent # of my booking and I am able to log in on this site!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #2974
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Yes, we are leaving later today....I came into the office to do some last minute paperwork.......I know I am dedicated!!
Dedicated??? Saintly!!!

Have a safe trip!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:22 AM   #2975
Stepharia
DIS Veteran

Location: Louisville, KY soon to be living closer to the Mouse

Quote:
Did you make your ressie through a Travel agent? The reason why I asked....I kept getting that same error so I called Disney, they told me that I had to call my TA and she had to send me a special link to get to online check in.
No, I always do my ressie through Disney. I was going to try to go ahead and register and maybe save a little time when we got there but it didn't let me do it yesterday. I haven't tried today so hopefully when I try in a few that it works.

CBR 12/2010 * CSR 6/2009 * Swan, Nick Hotel, Gaylord 3/2008 * AKL 12/2007 * AKL 3/2007 * POP 6/2007 * ASMu 10/2005 * ASMo 09/2003 * ASSp 10/2001 * CBR 08/1997, 06/1995 * Off Site 1985, 1977
Old 06-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #2976
cpayne1997
Breanna and Austin's Mommy...Greg's Honey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
No, you are nuts! Go home...get ready for the trip. And have a margarita for me in my hammock!
I will Kathy! Thanks again for all of your help!
2011 CSR 2010 POP 2009 CSR 2008 ASMusic 2006 POR 2005 Contemporary Resort Tower MK view 2005 POP 2005 ASMovies 2002 ASSports 2001 Swan 1998 Honeymoon offsite 1979-1997 Too many parent funded trips to remember
Old 06-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #2977
Stepharia
DIS Veteran

Location: Louisville, KY soon to be living closer to the Mouse

Quote:
I will Kathy! Thanks again for all of your help!
How long are you going to be there? Maybe we'll run across each other. We will be there from Monday til the 17th. It's just me and my daughter so if you see us and think it might be us say hello. Have fun!!!!!

CBR 12/2010 * CSR 6/2009 * Swan, Nick Hotel, Gaylord 3/2008 * AKL 12/2007 * AKL 3/2007 * POP 6/2007 * ASMu 10/2005 * ASMo 09/2003 * ASSp 10/2001 * CBR 08/1997, 06/1995 * Off Site 1985, 1977
Old 06-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #2978
cpayne1997
Breanna and Austin's Mommy...Greg's Honey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepharia View Post
How long are you going to be there? Maybe we'll run across each other. We will be there from Monday til the 17th. It's just me and my daughter so if you see us and think it might be us say hello. Have fun!!!!!
We will be there until the 14th. Look for me I will have a lime green mickey head on my bag....Hopefully we will see you there!
2011 CSR 2010 POP 2009 CSR 2008 ASMusic 2006 POR 2005 Contemporary Resort Tower MK view 2005 POP 2005 ASMovies 2002 ASSports 2001 Swan 1998 Honeymoon offsite 1979-1997 Too many parent funded trips to remember
Old 06-05-2009, 12:30 PM   #2979
KatMark
DIS Veteran

As posted by Rocio on another CSR thread. She wanted it copied and pasted here for all the CSR fans to see:

Today, 11:54 AM #31
rocio
Mouseketeer

We just went on our first trip to WDW in May and chose to stay at CSR because of the theme. I loved the look of the Mayan temple in the pool and the playground was awesome for the kids. They loved exploring in the sand, pretending the Olmec head was their house, etc. Just so cool. If you take a walk around the entire resort is is huge. I foolishly did it one day in the middle of the afternoon because I was trying to get one of my 2yo's to fall asleep in the stroller. I got myself sick doing that. But really there was no occasion for me to do that to myself. Bad decision on my part.

We stayed in Cabanas 8b and it was a great location for us...right by the bus stop and the pool. Less than a 10 minute walk to El Centro which we didn't do much of.

I really liked how relaxing the resort was. The "beach" and hammocks and just the theming made you feel like you were on a relaxing vacation which is just what my family needed as a break from the parks. One of my favorite moments was siting on a hammock while the kids took their naps and calling my department secretary to have her open my mail and her reading that I had been promoted and gotten tenure. No better place to do it! I quickly walked to Lagunas for Mango Margaritas and Pina Coladas to toast with my husband an parents.

We only ate a few meals at the resort as we had ADRs in the parks, but they were decent. Expensive but a deal if on the DDP (which we were). The rooms were clean and we got a renovated room which was awesome. The buses were pretty empty most of the time.

Awesome time and I highly recommend the resort. This coming from someone who traveled with 3 young kids (5yo, and 2yo twins). I kept hearing it wasn't a good resort for young kids but mine LOVED it. They loved the hammocks, the pool, the playground and my 5yo keeps asking when we can go back and wants a sweatshirt not from one of the theme parks but one that says "Coronado Springs" LOL I wonder if I can find one in her size somewhere?

After countless trips to Disneyland:
Old 06-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #2980
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

What a wonderful report - it really is so nice to find so many Disers who decided to give CSR a try enjoy it so much.

Not sure I want the secret spread too much...will be more difficult to book! There was a time when it was the easiest to book, but those days are a thing of the past!!

Thank you to Rocio for taking the time to write it up and to KatMark for posting it here.

Any photos, Kathy?

Old 06-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #2981
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

Hi I asked this question back a few pages ago but I think it got missed....any ideas what desserts are available on the DDP at Pepper Market (or is it everything?) I've read there is some confusion as the PM doesnt have those DDP labels that the other food courts have?
Old 06-05-2009, 01:10 PM   #2982
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemmybear83 View Post
Hi I asked this question back a few pages ago but I think it got missed....any ideas what desserts are available on the DDP at Pepper Market (or is it everything?) I've read there is some confusion as the PM doesnt have those DDP labels that the other food courts have?
Sorry...things have been crazy here on the CSR thread lately. Please forgive me. Last year, it was only certain "tiers" of dessert. But those that have reported back from trips this year indicated that all desserts were available...no limits.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #2983
rocio
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting here Kathy. Sadly, I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted to of CSR. Chasing after 3 little ones makes it hard sometimes. And we were just busy enjoying it all in the here-and-now.

Here are the few I have of the resort:

Checking in while my son pokes himself with the "1st visit" button.

By the fountain in the lobby

My little Mayan explorer

This Olmec head would make a great house. Can we live here?

Super early wake up time for this princess as she has an 8:05am appointment at BBB.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #2984
rocio
DIS Veteran

That last picture was right outside our door. We had a nice hammock waiting for us right outside. Ahhhhhh.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #2985
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sorry...things have been crazy here on the CSR thread lately. Please forgive me. Last year, it was only certain "tiers" of dessert. But those that have reported back from trips this year indicated that all desserts were available...no limits.
Thanks Katmark

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: