Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #226
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Fantasyland
Posts: 3,837

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixietime View Post
Hi everyone, we're headed to CSR Feb 3-9th and I have been reading the thread and having a hard time chosing the best area of the resort to request a room. It's myself and my husband and two girls 6 & 3 yrs. old. Not sure if we will use the pool too much in February, and we will most likely drive our own car to and from the parks. Which location is best for us, would like to have a short walk to the car and the food court.
Thanks in Advance!
Amanda
Check out this thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...05&postcount=3
Lilolvr is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #227
cmaee
DIS Veteran
 
cmaee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 723

We are going to be staying here over Easter...check in day before Easter and check out following Saturday. We will have young kids, so we planned on requesting 8a or 8b. Concern is how full the buses will be by the time they get around to Bus Stop 4. I think it is the 3rd stop for the theme park buses. If you have been Easter week, how full were the buses by the 3rd stop? We would hate to try to get on with 2 big double strollers with a crowded bus...as I am sure everyone on the bus would hate it too!
__________________
me DS(12) DS(10) DD(7)




Spring 1995 - Magical Mickey Music Days March 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside April 2009 (Easter) - Coronado Springs
August 2010 - Beach Club
December 2010 (Christmas) - Pop Century December 2012 - Pop Century
cmaee is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #228
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Fantasyland
Posts: 3,837

Bus usually fill up at the last stop if they fill up at all. We've only had that happen on a few occasions but it is usually leaving the parks late. You shouldn't have a problem with that since the convention people don't use the bus or pool because they are working.
Lilolvr is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #229
jernysgirl
I would say head to DL first to get you "in the mood"
 
jernysgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mount Shasta, CA
Posts: 1,441

Did I read correctly that there are NO towels provided at the pool? You have to bring your own from your room right?

And do they provide a volleyball for the volleyball court?

Thanks!
__________________
DH DS6 DS5
jernysgirl is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 02:17 PM   #230
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!
 
Buzz2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: CORONADO SPRINGS!
Posts: 17,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by jernysgirl View Post
Did I read correctly that there are NO towels provided at the pool? You have to bring your own from your room right?

And do they provide a volleyball for the volleyball court?

Thanks!
There are towels at the main pool. YOu bring room towels to the quiet pool. Yes, they provide a volleyball.
Buzz2001 is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #231
jernysgirl
I would say head to DL first to get you "in the mood"
 
jernysgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mount Shasta, CA
Posts: 1,441

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******** View Post
There are towels at the main pool. YOu bring room towels to the quiet pool. Yes, they provide a volleyball.
Thank you!
__________________
DH DS6 DS5
jernysgirl is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #232
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!
 
Buzz2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: CORONADO SPRINGS!
Posts: 17,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixietime View Post
Hi everyone, we're headed to CSR Feb 3-9th and I have been reading the thread and having a hard time chosing the best area of the resort to request a room. It's myself and my husband and two girls 6 & 3 yrs. old. Not sure if we will use the pool too much in February, and we will most likely drive our own car to and from the parks. Which location is best for us, would like to have a short walk to the car and the food court.
Thanks in Advance!
Amanda
If you won't use the pool much, the casitas may be better for you. Casita 3 is very nice. 5 is too but a little further away from the main building but closer to the bus stop.
Buzz2001 is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #233
sistermshairdresser
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 24

I am having trouble figuring out where each of the buildings are at the resort. If we want to be near the hot tub which building should we request?
sistermshairdresser is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 06:00 PM   #234
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!
 
Buzz2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: CORONADO SPRINGS!
Posts: 17,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistermshairdresser View Post
I am having trouble figuring out where each of the buildings are at the resort. If we want to be near the hot tub which building should we request?
Cabana 8a or casita 5.
Buzz2001 is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 06:01 PM   #235
llachance
Mouseketeer
 
llachance's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Richland Hills TX
Posts: 417

Just

back from a weekend at CSR and liked it a lot. We were in Casitas #5 room 5100. Only complaint was the water in the tub was nearly impossible to turn off.

Room was comfy, walk to the pool wasn't too bad, nor was the walk to the front. Walk to the bus was a breeze and the buses I was on went on the loop before they stopped at the front.
__________________
Magical Eastern
Magical Western
Magical West Coast
Wonder Repositioning 2011
Magic out of Galveston 2012
Magic out of Galveston 2013
Wonder out of Galveston 2013
Back to Back Dream 2014
Dream with the Grandkids 2014 (Last cruise before Platinum)
Fantasy with the Kids 2014
Dream with my Husband for the Inaugural Castaway
5k especially for WDW marathoners
Magic to Norway with my Mom!

llachance is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #236
mickeybrat
Drives like a Cadilac, stings like a Beamer!
 
mickeybrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Epcot
Posts: 230

We just switched from AKL to CSR. We already had booked the 4/3 free deal. We just stayed at AKL in Sept. We really loved it, but after reading this thread, I thought to switch. I like to stay in different places and this is a resort I have never been to.
My DH and I are trying to get the Club Level, I think we will just keep calling and hope it opens up!
Hope we made a good choice switching.

Thanks For all the great Info!!
__________________
2001: All Star Sports
2002: Caribean Beach

2002: Pop Century
2004: Disneyland
2005: Port Orleans Riverside
2005: Port Orleans Riverside
2006: Pop Century
2007: All Star Sports

Animal Kingdom Lodge 2008!!! CSR 2009!!
mickeybrat is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 04:09 AM   #237
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!
 
Buzz2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: CORONADO SPRINGS!
Posts: 17,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaee View Post
We are going to be staying here over Easter...check in day before Easter and check out following Saturday. We will have young kids, so we planned on requesting 8a or 8b. Concern is how full the buses will be by the time they get around to Bus Stop 4. I think it is the 3rd stop for the theme park buses. If you have been Easter week, how full were the buses by the 3rd stop? We would hate to try to get on with 2 big double strollers with a crowded bus...as I am sure everyone on the bus would hate it too!
If you are using bus stop #4, you shouldn't have any problems. In my 10 stays at CSR, I can count on one hand the number of times I had to stand. It usually happens leaving the parks late at night. A couple of times we had to stand going to Epcot but this happened from the last bus stop, #1.
Buzz2001 is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 07:39 AM   #238
hfdoyle
Mouseketeer
 
hfdoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 90

So, I'm obsessing, er, um, thinking about our upcoming trip to WDW in April (20-27), and dreaming about the down time I'm planning for us at CSR. Now that the Marina is only open seasonally, it will unfortunately not be open during our stay. What are we missing out on? I find it puzzling that it will be closed then since many travellers will be coming down for their school breaks. It's MA vacation that week.

Anyway, will we be totally bummed that we can't take advantage of the Marina area? There are 7 of us and I've booked two rooms. Myself, DH, 14yo DS, 7yo DS, 5yo DD and my MIL and FIL.
__________________
Family of Five trying to travel in a Family of Four world

POR 3/2001
CSR April 20-27 '09

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6mc5sfvs9i4cjx.png[/img]
hfdoyle is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 12:21 PM   #239
MATTLIZ
Mouseketeer
 
MATTLIZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Small Town, Maine
Posts: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfdoyle View Post
So, I'm obsessing, er, um, thinking about our upcoming trip to WDW in April (20-27), and dreaming about the down time I'm planning for us at CSR. Now that the Marina is only open seasonally, it will unfortunately not be open during our stay. What are we missing out on? I find it puzzling that it will be closed then since many travellers will be coming down for their school breaks. It's MA vacation that week.

Anyway, will we be totally bummed that we can't take advantage of the Marina area? There are 7 of us and I've booked two rooms. Myself, DH, 14yo DS, 7yo DS, 5yo DD and my MIL and FIL.
Hi!
I will have to say NO, but it will be totally up to you and how much of a priority it was/is! My DS12 and myself did not use the marina/boats or bikes when we were there last April, any downtime we had at the resort was spent relaxing by the pool (either DIG site or quiet pools). The grounds at CSR are just beautiful... just enjoy yourself and be happy for real DOWNTIME when you can relax... you will have plenty of "on the go" time when you are trudging through the parks!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!
__________________
1st trip.. May/June 2006 POP Century
2nd trip..April 2008 Coronado Springs Resort
MATTLIZ is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #240
MATTLIZ
Mouseketeer
 
MATTLIZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Small Town, Maine
Posts: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjj View Post
ok...seems like everyone here is an expert of csr, in one capacity or another. so my question is...is csr walking distance to epcot? or animal kingdom? or any other resorts? just wondering...a little freaked out about the bus system...and what is the best way to get to dtd?
Hi!

I am not sure why you are "freaked-out" about the bus system, but I will tell you that CSR has the BEST bus service! My DS12 and myself stayed at POP the first trip and there were LOTS of people and we stood on buses at least 80% of our trip going from POP to the parks and again back from the parks! The CSR buses were not that way at all! CSR has the CLOSEST bus stops at the parks, so when you have had a very LONG day/evening at the park and you go out to the bus stops to get on the bus, you do not have to walk ALL THE WAY To the last bus stop to get on your bus... the CSR stops at every park are one of the first bus stops! AND, there is a DTD bus that goes the loop through CSR just like all the park buses... when you see one that says DTD jump on and it will take you there!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP
__________________
1st trip.. May/June 2006 POP Century
2nd trip..April 2008 Coronado Springs Resort
MATTLIZ is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: