Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 04:45 PM   #2251
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

Kathy
Old 05-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #2252
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sorry I haven't been around today, guys. Today would have been my dad's 83rd birthday, and I took the day off from work to do some things around the house that I could hear him in the back of my head telling me that I'd been neglecting. Well, I made it through the day with crying only once. Mark and I decided to clean the basement and I found my dad's high school yearbooks and that's when I started to cry. But other than that, I've held it together. One more major day to get through during this first year without dad and that is in August and the day my dad died. We've made it through all the holidays and his birthday. I still miss him a lot but each day does seem to get a tad easier.

I think everyone's questions that I missed today have been answered. If not, post again and I'll try to get back to you.

I'm so sorry. I lost my dad several years ago, and I still miss him every day. It does get easier though, and I can see him in my children.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #2253
scotas
Mouseketeer

Kathy I hope your feeling comfort from your family being around you. The first year seems to last a lifetime. My thoughts are with you.

1998 off site
2005 Pop Century 50's section
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort - Jamacia
2008 Pop Century - 50's section
2009 Coronado Springs - Cabanas 9B
2010 Coronado Springs - Casistas 3
2011 Coronado Springs - Cabanas 9B
2012 Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 (Jan.) Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 (Sept) Contemporary Resort
2014 (Feb.) Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 05-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #2254
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Kathy, you've been in my thoughts all day I'm glad you felt your dad near - I feel it is such a help.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #2255
DeckedOut
Too excited to sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLynn View Post
Just wanted to pop in for a bit. My vacation began today at 8:30am.
Tomorrow my aunt arrives.
Thursday the rest of the family arrives and we check into Coronado.

I'll be back in 2 weeks!
ENJOY

We'll be on our vacation at the same time, Saturday afternoon arrival - maybe we'll bump into each other at the pool.

Honeymoon Trip - Poly and Cruise - May 2000 ( I didn't know what a TR was?)
An Amazing First Family Trip - CSR - May 2009 ( I should have done a TR !)
Next Trip CBR May 2011 - Bringing Extra Family to Share the Joy!! (Will I do a TR?)
Old 05-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #2256
cpayne1997
Breanna and Austin's Mommy...Greg's Honey!

Hugs for you Kathy My thoughts are with you and your family.
2011 CSR 2010 POP 2009 CSR 2008 ASMusic 2006 POR 2005 Contemporary Resort Tower MK view 2005 POP 2005 ASMovies 2002 ASSports 2001 Swan 1998 Honeymoon offsite 1979-1997 Too many parent funded trips to remember
Old 05-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #2257
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeckedOut View Post
ENJOY

We'll be on our vacation at the same time, Saturday afternoon arrival - maybe we'll bump into each other at the pool.
we arrive Sunday too!!! about noon
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
Old 05-06-2009, 08:30 PM   #2258
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow1213 View Post
Ok, here's my dumb question for this trip. I know what the fax number is, and I know what my requests are, but what do I send? Do I need to have a cover page? Does it need to be Attn: room assigners? I have no clue!
Thanks guys! 4 more days!
I was wondering the same thing
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
Old 05-06-2009, 08:36 PM   #2259
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresnr View Post
I was wondering the same thing
We've always addressed ours to: CSR/Room Assigners. I then write something like:

Dear Friends at the CSR:

We are arriving for our much anticipated trip on _______, ______, __, 2009. We would be most appreciative if we could have a room in Casitas 4 or Casitas 5 as this is our favorite section.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #2260
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Sorry I haven't been around today, guys. Today would have been my dad's 83rd birthday, and I took the day off from work to do some things around the house that I could hear him in the back of my head telling me that I'd been neglecting. Well, I made it through the day with crying only once. Mark and I decided to clean the basement and I found my dad's high school yearbooks and that's when I started to cry. But other than that, I've held it together. One more major day to get through during this first year without dad and that is in August and the day my dad died. We've made it through all the holidays and his birthday. I still miss him a lot but each day does seem to get a tad easier.

I think everyone's questions that I missed today have been answered. If not, post again and I'll try to get back to you.

Kathy. I lost my dad 10 years ago, and there are still days that I find myself reaching for the phone to talk to him. And I do hear his advice in my head when I'm facing a difficult problem. It does get easier, but he's still missed.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #2261
JPTexan82
Mouseketeer

Will they give you a parking pass for online check in packet or do I need to ask for one?
Disneyland- 5 nights Disneyland Hotel- March 2006
RCCL Liberty of th Seas-Oct 13th 07 WeddingCruise
Walt Disney World- Coronado Springs Resort- 7 nights- for the Birthday

Old 05-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #2262
disneynuts777
I have never had this done
I have the toppers in my bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
Kathy. I lost my dad 10 years ago, and there are still days that I find myself reaching for the phone to talk to him. And I do hear his advice in my head when I'm facing a difficult problem. It does get easier, but he's still missed.
Same here.
I am glad that you were able to have the day off.
My sisters and I always take my Dad's B-day off and go to the restaurant that he took us to every year when we went shopping for my Mom's Christmas gift.

13 of us returning for some more magic!!
July 14th-21st 2013
Old 05-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #2263
jlcd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPTexan82 View Post
Will they give you a parking pass for online check in packet or do I need to ask for one?
Our parking pass was in our on line check in packet.

Kathy, hang in there. Thoughts are with you.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #2264
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketCityMama View Post
I am sorry Kathy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDaisyinDurham View Post
Kathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
I'm so sorry. I lost my dad several years ago, and I still miss him every day. It does get easier though, and I can see him in my children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotas View Post
Kathy I hope your feeling comfort from your family being around you. The first year seems to last a lifetime. My thoughts are with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Kathy, you've been in my thoughts all day I'm glad you felt your dad near - I feel it is such a help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne1997 View Post
Hugs for you Kathy My thoughts are with you and your family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynuts777 View Post
Same here.
I am glad that you were able to have the day off.
My sisters and I always take my Dad's B-day off and go to the restaurant that he took us to every year when we went shopping for my Mom's Christmas gift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcd View Post
Our parking pass was in our on line check in packet.

Kathy, hang in there. Thoughts are with you.
I don't care what anyone says. My "CSR Family" is the best of the DIS! Thank you all for your warm thoughts and kind words and your never ending support.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:39 AM   #2265
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Kathy I am so sorry and I hope you are right that every day gets easier. After a long battle with Alzheimers, cancer, and kidney problems we lost my dad March 10th. It hasn't been quite two months yet and my mom seems like a lost soul. She lives with me, because he has been in the nursing home for the last five years, but she went to the home every Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sun to see him. She was always as regular as clockwork, leaving the house at 10:00am. Her life revolved around him and that nursing home. It's been almost two months now, but some days she will still start a conversation with, "I need to go to the nursing home to see Warren", then she'll stop and say she just can't believe he is gone. It's like he's still with us and neither of us can shake that feeling. He was 78 y/o. Anyway, my point is that I can empathize with you. Due to the horrible year he had this year and all he went through, I wouldn't wish him back for anything, but I sure miss him. He hasn't known us for the last several years, but he was still my dad.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: